Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mtngirl79 View Post
    Did you even read my responses to this thread? I think people should be allowed to use the restroom/locker room where they feel the most comfortable.

Going into the women's locker room just to ogle them is childish and ridiculous and harmful to transgendered people..
    What if I told you that as a heterosexual male I'm far more comfortable being naked in the company of women than men? It's a bullshit new-age argument.

What about a really big clit?

The truly amazing thing is that South Park, of all things, came up with a great solution: A third restroom (locker room by extension.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tippster View Post
    What if I told you that as a heterosexual male I'm far more comfortable being naked in the company of women than men? It's a bullshit new-age argument.
    you sound like a 10 year old.. he got two cupcakes and I only got one wahhhh mommy! the transgender guy gets to go in the womans locker room and I cant...

Careful What You Ask for Seattle (No Good Deed Goes Unpunished)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    What about a really big clit?
    thinkin outside the box

you sound like a 10 year old.. he got two cupcakes and I only got one wahhhh mommy! the transgender guy gets to go in the womans locker room and I cant...
    Which is why the only workable solution is: Biological Male: Men's room (despite some possible ogling/sexual assault from gays) and Biological Female: Women's room (despite possible ogling/sexual assault from lesbians.) Maybe throw in a third room for "It's complicated" and track what happens.

ok so are you going to station someone at the door to check penises and vajayjays?

New angle to the Monty Hall problem.

ok so are you going to station someone at the door to check penises and vajayjays?
    Seems that the patrons are on it, no? Are you going to have everyone fill out a questionnaire and show some kind of proof? Kinda easy to lie about how someone "identifies."

Which is why the only workable solution is: Biological Male: Men's room (despite some possible ogling/sexual assault from gays) and Biological Female: Women's room (despite possible ogling/sexual assault from lesbians.) Maybe throw in a third room for "It's complicated" and track what happens.
    exactly. and what about people in the process of gender reassignment? What if they're taking hormone therapy? You think chicks will be happy about some person in their restroom who has a beard, just because that person hasn't yet had the surgery? You think guys will be ok with someone in their restroom who has boobs and is in a dress? Do you think that person with boobs and a dress is safe in every men's restroom?

I don't have the answer. But acting like there's a simple two-restroom answer and we're all stupid for not seeing it is, well, stupid.

That said, Tipp is right (that South Park is right), the only real solution that works is 3 restrooms.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Transgendered people and other "freaks" are at the most risk of violence and are subject to constant abuse and isolation and not belonging.

They do not want to make a scene. Its people like you.. ohhh no a gay guy seen my penis so I should get to ogle in the womans locker room.

Have you considered that its not about ogling, its about taking a piss or shit or changing your clothes?

In the case of restrooms, a single room would be fine if all men could actually be trusted to piss in the correct place and not completely fuck up the toilets. But anyone that's been in the men's room at a truck stop can attest that no, men cannot be trusted with that simple task.

As for changing rooms, how hard is it to just turn towards the wall and quickly change? There's no fucking reason to prance around.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    In the case of restrooms, a single room would be fine if all men could actually be trusted to piss in the correct place and not completely fuck up the toilets. But anyone that's been in the men's room at a truck stop can attest that no, men cannot be trusted with that simple task.
    My understanding is that women are no better in this regard than men.

Women don't generally traipse naked around the locker room.. at least not the ones I have been in. Some may change out in the open, but its just change and get done. Most womens showers are individual with curtains.
    False, maybe you don't but the majority of hetero/bi-wymn have much less of an issue being naked around other women than their male counterparts.

probably because its extremely rare for gay guys to sexually assault heterosexual men.... ?
    False..

So we're literally talking about in a best case scenario .01% of the population. For a country the size of America that equates to 50000 people. Why not just pay for the damn operation and let the world get on with itself. For a one time billion dollar investment we can avoid ever having this conversation again.

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post

So we're literally talking about in a best case scenario .01% of the population. For a country the size of America that equates to 50000 people. Why not just pay for the damn operation and let the world get on with itself. For a one time billion dollar investment we can avoid ever having this conversation again.
    Hey Iran does it. With thoroughly mixed results, but it's a bit more complicated there

Get rid of restrooms and make everyone wear a diaper.

The bullshit of my wife needing to stop at every rest stop on the way to VT each weekend would stop as well. The trip takes 1/2 hr longer than it should.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

doughboyshredder Guest
    Yeah, cause separate but equal works so well.

Actual solution: all bathrooms/locker rooms are gender neutral.

Said areas could be built with hanging curtains to provide privacy.

If incidents of rape/assault increase we can drastically increase punishment for those offenses.

Can't wait to share a good dump with a chick sometime. USA!
    "I don't pretend to have all the answers, and I think there's something to be said for that" -One For The Road

Brain dead and made of money.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Get rid of restrooms and make everyone wear a diaper.

The bullshit of my wife needing to stop at every rest stop on the way to VT each weekend would stop as well. The trip takes 1/2 hr longer than it should.
    I think I can speak for the citizens of vt here. You should probably stay home instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sirshredalot View Post
    I think I can speak for the citizens of vt here. You should probably stay home instead.
    I can't. They depend on me and others to spend our $ there. There are no jobs or industry to support them otherwise. Bernie for President.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I can't. They depend on me and others to spend our $ there. There are no jobs or industry to support them otherwise. Bernie for President.
    I want to start exporting vt maple creemees to help their economy

Quote Originally Posted by Deebased View Post
    False, maybe you don't but the majority of hetero/bi-wymn have much less of an issue being naked around other women than their male counterparts.

False..

How the hell do you know how woman feel about nudity and how they act in locker rooms? Have you been reassigned? Nttawwt.

As for paying for gender reassignment, I'm not 100% against that.

All restrooms should be one person at a time anyway. Solves a bunch of the issues. And I don't really think anyone wants to be around when I am working out a growler. I know that I am much more comfortable when I have privacy and don't have to worry about the courtesy flush unless of course my own eyes are watering and my nostril hairs have been singed. As far as changing rooms? Same solution. Lockers in a common area. Everything else is single occupancy. That way one can share some common infrastructure.
    I see hydraulic turtles.

I do think third "neutral" facilities is the way to go, but logistically it's not going to happen overnight.

Quote Originally Posted by doughboyshredder View Post
    Yeah, cause separate but equal works so well.

Actual solution: all bathrooms/locker rooms are gender neutral.

Said areas could be built with hanging curtains to provide privacy.

If incidents of rape/assault increase we can drastically increase punishment for those offenses.
    Why would you need curtains for privacy? If the goal is to change the way we think of about nudity and gender equality then that only perpetuates the way we think.

It sounds like what you would really like is single occupancy restrooms and showers/changing rooms.