Page 19 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast
    I don't find flying to be such a horrible experience especially if you've got the window seat.

Denver is the worst. Have gotten stranded overnight there multiple times. Boise is nice because it's so rarely crowded you can almost always be through security with Pre-Check in about two minutes.

Any of the New York airports are terrible, and LAX is really bad too, IMO. Sea-Tac is hit or miss, but I rarely fly into or out of it, just through it, so can't speak to security, just the terminals themselves.

Portland is nice enough, but it's constantly under construction. One plus is vendors there can't mark up prices from their off-airport locations.

I’ve also been stranded at DIA. PLACE SUCKSSSS (decent food options though…is Panda Express still operating there??)
    Decisions Decisions

Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    I’ve also been stranded at DIA. PLACE SUCKSSSS (decent food options though…is Panda Express still operating there??)
    PM Blurred.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    PM Blurred.
    They got fries at Panda these days?

Atlanta reclaims the title for busiest airport in the world.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-air...NRZ6GWXGXPVYM/

I’m always impressed with how well it runs knowing how many motherfuckers they’re moving through there each and every day.

I’m always impressed with how well it runs knowing how many motherfuckers they’re moving through there each and every day.
    I travel back and forth through DEN and ATL a decent amount because my fam lives in ATL. Both airports rank in the top 3 and both are amazingly well run for how busy they are, I'd say better than most airports that are much slower.

It truly is impressive. My only beef with that place is that they know it's the busiest damn airport in the world yet the restaurants all seem to close pretty early. Every time I pass through there on an evening connection, I get totally screwed on dinner. Latest joint open is usually Wendy's and it always has a line a mile long and one poor shlub manning the place by themselves so that line is slow as molasses. I'm not talking midnight either. Many place close like 6:30 or 7. 8 at the latest. Seriously. Look it up. WTF, ATL?

Other than that, Ive always been impressed with the setup there. Good exercise to walk the entire length of the terminal connection walkway and back. It's kinda nice. Art exhibits and what not. The African art one was great.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by The AD View Post
    I don't find flying to be such a horrible experience especially if you've got the window seat.
    The aisle seat is acceptable as well:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2824.JPG 
Views:	128 
Size:	197.8 KB 
ID:	412988

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post

BALLER!
    Samuel L. Jackson as Jules Winnfield: Oh, I'm sorry. Did I break your concentration?

That's pretty nice. I can't stand not having a good view out the window, though.

Name:  monocle1.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  7.6 KB

Got to experience both SLC and ATL today. Gotta say, SLCs restaurant game is WAY better. There are actually options early AND late. I went through ATL around lunch time and had a tight connection so still got screwed as a ton of options were closed and everything open had insane lines which I didn't have time for. At least they had spare planes for when our POS plane broke down trying to leave so that was nice I guess.

Also not exactly airport related per se, but WTF is up with food/drink service these days? Delta used to be pretty good but today all they had was water (no bottles) and pretzels. They used to have those good snack boxes you could purchase. I also miss the mags. Everything overbooked by a lot too so you'd think they'd be doing alright. Felt more like flying Allegiant or Spirit today. Get yo shit together, Delta!

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Also not exactly airport related per se, but WTF is up with food/drink service these days? Delta used to be pretty good but today all they had was water (no bottles) and pretzels. They used to have those good snack boxes you could purchase. I also miss the mags. Everything overbooked by a lot too so you'd think they'd be doing alright. Felt more like flying Allegiant or Spirit today. Get yo shit together, Delta!
    I think they're still using Covid as an excuse for lame food and drink service.

I think you're exactly right. Super lame. Wonder how long they'll keep up the charade for. Maybe like the PanAm days of old, some things may never go back to "how it used to be."

I was on a Delta SLC-ATL today as well and the food was decent. Quiche, croissants and fresh fruit.

Name:	Image1649895479.238843.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	413035

Quote Originally Posted by teleee View Post
    BALLER!
    Yeah, the upgrade gods smiled on me for sure. A Delta One bump from hub to hub (SLC-ATL) is rare.

Got to experience both SLC and ATL today. Gotta say, SLCs restaurant game is WAY better. There are actually options early AND late. I went through ATL around lunch time and had a tight connection so still got screwed as a ton of options were closed and everything open had insane lines which I didn't have time for. At least they had spare planes for when our POS plane broke down trying to leave so that was nice I guess.

That is factually impossible. ATL has 7 Concourses full of food options. T, B and C and F (Int'l) alone have plenty that I know are open early/late as I've boozed and eaten plenty in them recently. There are numerically waaaaay more options in ATL than SLC even with the closures that you may have experienced. I think yours was just bad luck, and tight timing that limited you to a certain Concourse. If it was D, you have to go to the upstairs atrium where there's a ton including Terrapin Brewing's taproom. Hope next trip through works better for ya.

I've flown 8 Delta segments in the past 2 months and I've had plenty of food and booze options on short and long flights. (food limited on the ~1.2 hr flight of course). But I think the AD is right, there was one flight where we in Comfort+ got booze and the folks in steerage didn't. I don't have status past Silver and my platinum Delta AMEX, so I don't chalk it up to that either.

I was on a Delta SLC-ATL today as well and the food was decent. Quiche, croissants and fresh fruit.

L O L

Worst & Best Airports

It truly is impressive. My only beef with that place is that they know it's the busiest damn airport in the world yet the restaurants all seem to close pretty early. Every time I pass through there on an evening connection, I get totally screwed on dinner. Latest joint open is usually Wendy's and it always has a line a mile long and one poor shlub manning the place by themselves so that line is slow as molasses. I'm not talking midnight either. Many place close like 6:30 or 7. 8 at the latest. Seriously. Look it up. WTF, ATL?

Other than that, Ive always been impressed with the setup there. Good exercise to walk the entire length of the terminal connection walkway and back. It's kinda nice. Art exhibits and what not. The African art one was great.

My main issue with the Atlanta airport (although it extends to pretty much all life south of the mason-Dixon) is that ALL the fast food service is slow. I’m an impatient asshole from the northeast and if I’m trying to get a shitty chicken sandwich as I’m running to a gate I don’t have time to listen to you slowwwwly repeat my order to me before you take a mental detour to chat with your coworker for a while before turning back around and slowwwwly asking me to repeat my order for you again because you still haven’t put it in the damn machine.

WOAH! Nice! That was NOT my experience. I was in steerage class today. First class on our A321 wasn't much better tho from what I saw.

Congrats on the baller upgrade!

Denver jumped from 16th to 3rd busiest in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Shredhead View Post
    Denver jumped from 16th to 3rd busiest in the world.
    Must be all the EPIC Passholders from the #1 busiest airport in the world locales coming to boost numbers for y’all.

Barcelona lounge is pretty nice, self serve bar for those needing to self medicate like me. This airport is cavernous, really spreads the people out. Long day ahead - BCN > JFK > SLC > BZN

Name:	PXL_20220421_073113867.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	413834

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Barcelona lounge is pretty nice, self serve bar for those needing to self medicate like me. This airport is cavernous, really spreads the people out. Long day ahead - BCN > JFK > SLC > BZN

Name:	PXL_20220421_073113867.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	413834
    My sister hates flights back from BCN to STR in the season because they are full of drunk German tourists straight off the beach. She had a long stretch where she had to work in BCN regularly. Of course one way to avoid drunk Germans is to not live in Germany.