Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meadow Skipper View Post
    You know, LGA has been immensely improved since I was last here. Terminal B is nice…for an airport.
    Yes, butt how did you get to LGA?

Quote Originally Posted by riser3 View Post
    Yes, butt how did you get to LGA?
    Über? Got to NYC over a week ago.

Did I miss a joke/poke?

Über? Got to NYC over a week ago.

Did I miss a joke/poke?
    I think what he's getting at is for a city so big with so much public transportation, it's fucking absurd that everyone has to take taxis to get to LGA.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

^ Ah, gotcha. I didn’t even realize that was the case. I’ve avoided public transportation as much as possible this trip.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think what he's getting at is for a city so big with so much public transportation, it's fucking absurd that everyone has to take taxis to get to LGA.
    Special Agent Utah, I knew I could count on you

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Taxis? Must be nice to have that option available! For the past year there were NONE running out or around our airport. They just got them back up and running about a month ago..

No taxis at RDU leave travelers confused, drivers looking for work

UBER and Lyft are also super unreliable around here..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

I’ve avoided public transportation as much as possible this trip.
    Which of course is the flip side to these pandemic times.

Quote Originally Posted by SumJongGuy View Post
    Taxis? Must be nice to have that option available! For the past year there were NONE running out or around our airport. They just got them back up and running about a month ago..

No taxis at RDU leave travelers confused, drivers looking for work

UBER and Lyft are also super unreliable around here..
    Seriously, nobody would be able to fly out of LGA if the taxis disappeared. And no, the taxis in NYC (Manhattan at least) haven't disappeared. It's the only place I take taxis so no idea about other areas.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

The idea of taking public/mass transportation to ABQ (my home airport) is pretty hilarious.

The idea of taking public/mass transportation to ABQ (my home airport) is pretty hilarious.
    Exactly. You gonna make it out on time MS?

The new problem at RDU, partially caused by the taxi uncertainty is that there aren't enough short term or long term parking spots available for the number of travelers. Can't get a taxi/UBER/Lyft.. Drive there and circle for an hour looking for a parking spot..
    Go that way really REALLY fast. If something gets in your way, TURN!

Quote Originally Posted by seano732 View Post
    Exactly. You gonna make it out on time MS?
    I’m in my seat as I type this.

Not enough donkeys?
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

I’m in my seat as I type this.
    Did you make it?

^ Home safe, everything went smoothly. Just waiting to see if I caught anything.

I noticed the same flight today went thru, but tomorrow’s is cancelled.

Quote Originally Posted by Buster Highmen View Post
    Not enough donkeys?
    Heh.

Worst &amp; Best Airports

Made it from dreary old Manhattan back to sunny Denver too!! No issues!! Hoping we didn’t catch anything.

Back in '85 we flew from Seattle to ABQ and tried to get a bus or taxi from there to Taos, Arroyo SEco actually. It was a shitshow. Same going back, schedule is a word not well translated into NM Spanish.
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

Nobody at DIA knows to keep right.

GTFO of my way. DIA also just generally sucks. SLC is slightly better, but both are expensive bores.

Newer LGA is nice. I don't remember the trip Danno is describing, but whatever. It is still a pain in the ass to get in an out off. Pretty much has to be a hired car. So then of course the traffic is a nightmare.

Newark is fine. Used to use that a lot as it's actually easier to get to from Westchester than JFK or LGA and Continental was actually nice to fly with. And you can take a train right to Penn Station. I actually took trains from EWR all the way to Roosevelt Island. Was long, but still easier than figuring out mass transit from LGA. Supposedly, the M96 bus goes to/from LGA and the Upper West Side. Yeah, I'm not sitting on a bus for 2 hours in NYC traffic.

What's amazing is that the big 3 airports around NYC aren't linked in any direct way, if at all. Maybe competing hubs like it that way?

SeaTac is...fine.

SFO is...fine. A bit out of the way for my fam in the East Bay. Especially if there's traffic. Oh, and the maze going in and out of the place is confusing and the signs are dark at night. Perfect.

OAK is fine. Great little local airport. Almost like a slightly larger MSO.

Both are connected to BART

I have fond memories of MSP. GF was just there changing planes. She said it was great.

Is there gonna be a new terminal at SLC?

Just did a quick trip from Missoula to my parents in the East Bay. MSO -> DEN -> SFO and then reversed. What stuck with me most was not inconveniences caused by the airports themselves, but that fact that people are slow and in the way and generally annoying. Like, seriously, get the fuck out of the way. Get to the right if you're slow. Let me off the fucking plane. Travel lighter so everyone isn't waiting while you handle the overhead like old people fuck. Maybe it was just extra annoying with the holiday travelers and sitting at the back of the plane. Thanks, United! At least you're cheap. Oh, and my gates in Denver were actually somewhat near each other when I changed planes since they weren't using regional planes for the to/from Missoula leg.

That's what really pisses me off about DIA: it's basically 1 big terminal 100+ gates long, and you have to walk it through people who stand on the left. I've had widely spaced connections plenty of times, but something about Denver is the worst. I think it's that the regional jets come in at like gate 110, and then your connection is at 24. In MSP, there's that monorail that whisks you away. Denver? Your regional jet is parked at some kind of addition/annex and you have to walk down this crowded terminal full of morons. Did you want/have time for something to eat? Walk even farther. There are a few moving carpets to help. Woohoo. It would almost be better if DIA were made up of several smaller terminals that you took a monorail between. Kinda like, oh, I don't know......most other large airports? Fuck!

Also, what's that weird blinking industrial looking area you see from above when you take off from 25 in the dark? That was weird. It's got these directional strobes that light up I couldn't tell what. A racetrack? Freight depot? Why was blinking?! It wasn't tall.
    No longer stuck.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Just an uneducated guess.

I thought the new LaGuardia was ok…definitely an improvement from the greyhound station it used to be but nothing as great as my NY friends made it out to be.

I’m not sure if it’s DEN or Delta, but so far the former seems to be the source of my issues.

Cancelled flight, 2 hours to get my bag from a direct flight, and the most aggressive keep it moving traffic cop on the lower level I’ve ever encountered.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by stuckathuntermtn View Post
    Nobody at DIA knows to keep right.

GTFO of my way.
    I figure its a large airport which also sees a lot of people who don't travel much. A lot of people there are pretty oblivious to what's happening around them. During holiday travel this is amplified.
    Just traveled through DIA a few days ago with a tight connection. Taking the train between concourses, its annoying when people get on the train ahead of you and immediately stop, backing up everyone else. I pretty much pushed my way through a overweight 30 something lady who did this. She had headphones in, staring at her phone and not paying attention. So many people standing still in the middle of the people movers too. The standout was a gravy seal in a camo 2nd amendment t-shirt. I couldn't resist and as I worked past him I said "alpha male coming through".
    And it never fails that every time I visit with my in laws one of them brings up the DIA conspiracy theories.

Delta cancelled my flight which earned my son and I an overnight at the DEN Westin. We’re currently lunching (and I’m drinking) on Delta’s tab which isn’t too bad. Kid is looking forward to the pool that overlooks the runway.

Could be worse things I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    We’re currently lunching (and I’m drinking) on Delta’s tab which isn’t too bad.
    I once drank tequila all night with a Russian and a Turk on United's dime. The Turk didn't bat an eye when the Russian pulled a knife, he gave me his number and said to call him if I was ever driving from New York to Denver.

Quote Originally Posted by ghosthop View Post
    I once drank tequila all night with a Russian and a Turk on United's dime. The Turk didn't bat an eye when the Russian pulled a knife, he gave me his number and said to call him if I was ever driving from New York to Denver.
    I feel like there’s a little more to this story.

Frontier and Spirit to merge.

Frontier is gonna make it into a lot more of those cell-phone videos you see on the news. That's a bold growth strategy there Cotton.

Buckle up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frontie...al-11644236133