Quote Originally Posted by Kenny Satch View Post
    Terminal one is a fuck up of fuck ups.
    Terminal 3 ain't so bad.
    It's pretty good if you need to jack a $20 million shipment of gold

Ha. It sure is.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    It's pretty good if you need to jack a $20 million shipment of gold
    Incredible story.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned here yet.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65328968.amp
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeCrudSkier View Post
    I really dislike Changi; it's often ranked as the best in the world but the layout is terrible in my opinion. If they created a security barrier like every other airport it really would be the best but having a security checkpoint at your gate makes no sense. There's often a long line right before you need to board and there's no restroom or place to get liquids on the other side of the checkpoint. So you dump your drinks to go sit in what's basically a holding cell until you can board your aircraft. It probably isn't as big of a deal if you lived there but since it's a hub for SE Asia (and the typical swap between NE Asia and Australia or the Middle East) you always have to go through the security experience again and since you have no idea how long it'll take you can't hang in a lounge up until your boarding time.

I realize this falls into 1st world problems but it just seems like such a terrible design flaw to the airport. It definitely puts Changi well behind most other airports in Asia.
    Not sure how long ago you were last through.

All the gates have water dispensers.

I just wait outside the gate, in a plush chair, sipping my matcha latte, until the line is five people long. Easy and quick through security (no more than 5 minutes) and I literally fill my water bottle and walk directly to my seat on the plan with no wait any where. Everyone else has already boarded and gotten seated expect for like ten of us. It helps that they enforce international carry on dimensions and there is always plenty of space to through my bag.

I love the security at the gate. No bottle neck with thousands trying to get through one checkpoint.

Not sure if this has been mentioned yet, but the Chitose Airport in Sapporo, Japan gets my vote as #1

If nothing else than for the Onsen hot springs that sits on top of the airport.

- You ski your brains out in Japan.
    - Check in early to the airport, then head upstairs for several hours of soak & relax.
    - Pools, cold dips, and saunas galore.
    - Power chairs that recline and massage you afterwards.
    - Pass out for the flights home in a peaceful coma.

Name:  onsen_roten.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  139.4 KB

Brawl in ORD baggage claim. Sounds like shit started on a flight from Miami.

If you guessed Spirit airlines you would be right.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsoSn...RlODBiNWFlZA==

Phenomenal. They should rebrand as Jerry Springer Spirit

The Greyhound of the Skies.

The Nissan Altima of air travel.

Worst & Best Airports

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The Nissan Altima of air travel.
    I don’t know, here is recent footage of Delta One passengers wil’n out after being told at the gate that there would be no pre-departure drink on todays flight:

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...eb2x&context=3

Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I don’t know, here is recent footage of Delta One passengers wil’n out after being told at the gate that there would be no pre-departure drink on todays flight:

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...eb2x&context=3
    Clearly, those involved were more used to a spirit airlines type experience where those methods work to get faster results out of the airline workers.

One can only hope that each and everyone of those people get swiftly put on the no-fly list.

I keep saying this, but we need a Waffle House colab with spirit airlines. Lean into it.

Worst & Best Airports

Frontier Airlines denying boarding due to “oversized carryon” so that they don’t have to pay for bumping passengers on oversold flight?

https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...t=1&utm_term=1

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    I keep saying this, but we need a Waffle House colab with spirit airlines. Lean into it.
    SNL did a skit that so perfectly captured the essence of waffle house this year, one can only hope that they would do one for spirit airlines as well.

But I completely agree with you; if you could just set up a flat top next to the jetway, where passengers could get theirs, smothered, covered, scattered and funked; you may just have air travel gold.

Yeah. Get a little drunk at the airport bar, grab some greasy breakfast on the way to your seat and watch other patrons slug it out over overhead bin space. Hell I’d pay extra for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Yeah. Get a little drunk at the airport bar, grab some greasy breakfast on the way to your seat and watch other patrons slug it out over overhead bin space. Hell I’d pay extra for that.
    It's like if World Star Hip Hop ran an airline.

Quote Originally Posted by bennymac View Post
    Frontier Airlines denying boarding due to “oversized carryon” so that they don’t have to pay for bumping passengers on oversold flight?

People that feel the need to film every encounter with customer service are annoying AF. note that everyone gets on the flight at the end except the asshole filming the interaction.

obviously an ugly situation.
    BUT i never feel sympathetic for these people that decide the best thing to do is pull out their phone and start filming. unless its with a cop.

Worst & Best Airports

Maybe they got on because it was being filmed.

One person being an annoying asshole is pretty common. And yeah we never get all sides on the story - but it seems like there were at least 4 passengers here that were not traveling together that were being given the run around.

IMHO you might want to examine your triggering around people filming shit - we get a biased view of that behavior because a lot of idiotic customers get their bullshit behavior going viral - but there is also going to be a huge proportion of reasonable people getting fucked over that pull their phone out in their own defense. To never feel any sympathy for someone filming is a weird and rigid stance that seems illogical.

(Frontier and Spirit gate agents allegedly get a cash bonus for every oversized carryon fee they apply at the gate - how do you suggest customers who are getting fucked over document that their carryon did fit in the checker? Draw a picture?)

Worst & Best Airports

If he was getting bumped because his bag was too big even though it wasn’t, it seems like it would be a good idea to film that interaction to get some reimbursement money for being bumped or whatever

What Benny said

Yea if it was truly oversize then you get gate checked and pay for the checked bag if that is more than the carryon fee Frontier already collected. Getting bumped is bullshit.

And his bag was not oversized.

And they weren't allowing other people on "you have to pay and we don't accept legal currency, no cash. And we won't let anyone else pay with their card for you."

Pure Frontier shenanigans trying to screw people out of a flight without having to properly compensate.

United or Southwest would start offering incentive credits for someone to give up their seat and take another flight.

Frontier is like, "we are overbooked, so let's just pick some people and fuck them. We'll make up a reason and lie so that it is their fault not ours."

Recording that interaction seemed legitimate and as much as I watched the guy was calm and respectful.
    Quote Originally Posted by blurred
    skiing is hiking all day so that you can ski on shitty gear for 5 minutes.

Maybe they got on because it was being filmed.

One person being an annoying asshole is pretty common. And yeah we never get all sides on the story - but it seems like there were at least 4 passengers here that were not traveling together that were being given the run around.

IMHO you might want to examine your triggering around people filming shit - we get a biased view of that behavior because a lot of idiotic customers get their bullshit behavior going viral - but there is also going to be a huge proportion of reasonable people getting fucked over that pull their phone out in their own defense. To never feel any sympathy for someone filming is a weird and rigid stance that seems illogical.

(Frontier and Spirit gate agents allegedly get a cash bonus for every oversized carryon fee they apply at the gate - how do you suggest customers who are getting fucked over document that their carryon did fit in the checker? Draw a picture?)
    lol or maybe they all got on the flight because they weren't filming.

I rarely see reasonable people filming their interactions with customer service agents. BUT i have a small sample size and yes usually its some irrate douche tik toker trying to go viral. Plus they're almost always "shooting the messenger." And while this guy was acting calmly, continuing to get in someone's face and film them is asshole behavior. "you're not wrong walter, you're just an asshole." You treat people with respect and kindness, you'll get farther in life.

but that's just my opinion man.

Oh yea, and set your expectations accordingly. You fly spirit, frontier, ryen air, etc you are getting what you paid for....

“You treat people with respect and kindness, you'll get farther in life.”

Most of the time? Sure. All of the time? Fuck no.

But keep defending the shitty airlines and their shitty business practices. And shit on the people who maybe can’t afford better. Lord knows the airline industry is known for their high ethical standards and customer service and for following their own clearly laid out rules and regulations.

now you're acting triggered and making some illogical leaps and assumptions.

Nowhere did I defend shitty airlines. I was just pointing out that taking out your phone and filming your interaction will likely get you shut down more than it will get you what you want. it's an asshole move 90% of the time.

Let's circle back to this Waffle House/Spirit Airlines collab. I for one would appreciate finally seeing a flight crew that was ready and able to fight those assholes that make flying miserable for everyone. Let's start with the dipshits who stand up right away when the plane gets to the gate and then try to get by the rows in front of them. Unless your connection is about to leave and you asked permission of everyone in front of you, you sit your ass down or you're getting your ass beat.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Let's circle back to this Waffle House/Spirit Airlines collab.
    I for one do not doubt your commitment to Sparkle Motion.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy