Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Worst & Best Airports

The LGA thread got me thinking and couldn't find anything in the best and worst airports.

So post up your best or worst and I'd recommend these criteria; ease to get in/ out, cleanliness and layout...gotta be a major metro area, places like Boise or Albuquerque don't qualify. Here's mine based in my experiences:

Best:
    1) Love Field (Dallas)
    2) DIA
    3) Hobby (Houston)

Worst:
    1) Kansas City- terrible layout
    2) LGA- shithole
    3) Atlanta- lines after lines after lines

LGA should definitely be #1on that list. Place is disgusting and everything about it sucks. O'hare #2.

I really like Orange County. Nice, convienient, bright, clean. Not to mention its fun to take off from there. They fly straight up full throttle, level out, and shut off the engines. Gotta keep the noise down for the 1%ers;-)

MSP is also really nice. Unless you have to catch a regional flight and have to cross the entire airport.

Lima, Peru.. Fucking amazing. LAN first class lounge has outdoor jungle patio.

Worst = LAX
    Quote Originally Posted by Downbound Train View Post
    And there will come a day when our ancestors look back...........

Everyone either loves or hates ATL. Mostly because it's the busiest in the US (yeah I hear you ORD) and people can't seem to get there without going through ATL. I love it because everywhere is a direct flight for me and it's easy to get through.

LGA blows.

MSP is pretty nice.

CLT blows but it'll be interesting to see how that changes with the death of US Scare.

Sonny Bono (Palm Springs) is really nice.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Everyone either loves or hates ATL. Mostly because it's the busiest in the US (yeah I hear you ORD) and people can't seem to get there without going through ATL. I love it because everywhere is a direct flight for me and it's easy to get through.

LGA blows.

MSP is pretty nice.

CLT blows but it'll be interesting to see how that changes with the death of US Scare.

Sonny Bono (Palm Springs) is really nice.
    I hate midway with a passion. It's a pit and it's full of shitty fast food that some asshole always decides to take on the plane.

dia is nice, but it's in fucking west Kansas. Nothing that far out of town can rate as a decent airport.

I don't fly enough to have many strong opinions, but LGA is a flaming shithole. Many say O'Hare, but that place has Rick Bayless's torta place, which has to kick it off the worst list. Have you tried eating at LGA???
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

SLC is pretty nice.

Agreed. LGA sucks. JFK isn't far behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I don't fly enough to have many strong opinions, but LGA is a flaming shithole. Many say O'Hare, but that place has Rick Bayless's torta place, which has to kick it off the worst list. Have you tried eating at LGA???
    They put a Xoco in ORD? That's worth going there alone.

I say LGA is good eats because of their Au Bon Pain but apparently some people here think that's a serious suggestion.

Well, for Matt Foley it might be.
    I still call it The Jake.

Guess most have been good, but haven't flown in years.

Bad = LAX. Total PIA to get from international to domestic.

DEN may be ok for pickup, dropoff, etc. But what a joke of a location, so it gets a huge WTF.

DC area: BWI (Baltimore) is easy to deal with and a major hub for Southwest, I don't mind it. National ("Reagan" if you must) is at least compact and fairly new, plus its easy to get into DC from there. Dulles blows goats.

Small-market airport I love Providence. I fly in and out of there all the time, it's as easy as can be.

Worst & Best Airports

San Diego- busiest single runway in the world. It's sketch too-- middle of town and hills at both ends.

Slc, pdx, sea all win for location close to town and onsite car rental. Oak and SJC both crush SFO bc they don't shut down the minute there is a hint of weather. All large East Coast airports are terrible, in my experience, but I find Boston the least offensive as its at least close to town. EWR is the best NYC airport but that ain't saying much.
    No gnar was harmed in the writing of this post...

Best:
    Long Beach - yes, it's even nicer than John Wayne
    Portland
    Vancouver

Worst:
    Hands down, worst experience I've ever had was Detroit, and I was just on a layover.

Las Vegas - I swear they gap the layovers so you are forced to feed the slot machines to kill time.

And just because it's so depressing and disappointing for where it is, Lihue, Maui.

Quote Originally Posted by capulin overdrive View Post
    DEN may be ok for pickup, dropoff, etc. But what a joke of a location, so it gets a huge WTF.
    I think that location turned out to be a very smart move (though admittedly in the 90s I thought it was ridiculous). First, the city has grown out that way, it's no longer the middle of nowhere. Second, by moving it that far out and having that much land, they are able to keep the planes moving even in bad weather. Lastly, light rail to downtown will open soon.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    They put a Xoco in ORD? That's worth going there alone.
    Tortas Frontera

I like Bozeman and Orlando

Love hate with Punta cana

Quote Originally Posted by boarddad View Post
    Best:
    Long Beach - yes, it's even nicer than John Wayne
    Just flew in and out of there. I was going to say that but the passenger waiting area can get crowded. Still like it.

I flew in there from Oakland, Ca. Oakland is a sweet airport for a major metropolitan. BART into the terminal. Easy drop off and pickup.

Quote Originally Posted by delco714 View Post
    I like Bozeman
    It only took the geniuses until 2015 to put an exit from the fucking interstate (that is pissing distance away) to the airport.

Quote Originally Posted by dtown View Post
    ...gotta be a major metro area, places like Boise or Albuquerque don't qualify.
    I don't care about your rules. I'm just here to shit all over Omaha. Fuck you Omaha airport!

I live in Houston, so I'm partial to hobby; but it's getting slowly worse as its reworking itself(baggage, drop off/pick up and check in are all worse than a year ago).

LAX and DFW are the worst imo and DEN does get a WTF also because of the location; but it's set up well.

I also like Portland, but I cannot believe my favorite has not been mentioned, Reno-Tahoe. nice, easy inn and out from the freeway, walk to your rental and the terminals and luggage is easy; probably a lot because its smallish, but still great.
    TGR forums cannot handle SkiCougar !

Absolute worst, even worse than Atlanta, is Miami. Horrible.

Best is our little three gate here in Tennessee, TRI. Still less than 30 minutes from check-in to departure. Kinda like Bozeman!!
    In order to properly convert this thread to a polyasshat thread to more fully enrage the liberal left frequenting here...... (insert latest democratic blunder of your choice).

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think that location turned out to be a very smart move (though admittedly in the 90s I thought it was ridiculous). First, the city has grown out that way, it's no longer the middle of nowhere. Second, by moving it that far out and having that much land, they are able to keep the planes moving even in bad weather. Lastly, light rail to downtown will open soon.
    Sure, the city has grown out that way. But nobody who can afford a plane ticket is flying to Denver to visit the extended Oklahoma east of the city. The location still sucks dick.

I fucking hate jfk and Newark. Haven't flown into either in a long time because of that hatred, but as far as I'm concerned those two shitholes are somewhere on dante's circle of hell

SLT is pretty great for a hub , plus close skiing! I'm partial to Reno for small ones, plus gambling!

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    I fucking hate jfk and Newark. Haven't flown into either in a long time because of that hatred, but as far as I'm concerned those two shitholes are somewhere on dante's circle of hell
    ^This.

Newark fucking sucks. A lot of it is because of all the airports I have ever flown through, Newark has the most unhelpful, unfriendly and fucking rude people working there. Fuck you Newark.
    I see hydraulic turtles.