Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Wow, I mean I've only flown through BZN for 12 years and worked there for over a year and never had a problem with anyone in all that time so I guess I'm lucky?
    Yeah. I was gonna say. I've had plenty of airport experiences I've complained about. Bozeman was not one of them. Ive flown in/out of there countless times and it's always been pretty chill. Guess I've been lucky too?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using TGR Forums mobile app

Same here. Bout 20yrs flying in/out of there and did about 8months on phase 1, sooo much t&g, glulams, and beam wraps. Hell the director and head of security would drive by and say hi while we had parking lot beers on fridays.

Saw something about Ted Cruz berating airline employees not too long ago at BZN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using TGR Forums mobile app

I'm surprised Savannah didn't make the best of list. You can see every gate from the atrium.

I've been thru Savannah a bunch and like it, but aren't all small airports the 'best' because they are quick to get in/out? Just like Bozeman.

SLC used to be the best because of the same reason but it was a large airport just well laid out for the ol' quick in n' out. But they tore it all down.

And the Detroit self-serve station with Delta is a horrible way to start an overseas trip, ha. Too much Jack Daniels on my part.

Quote Originally Posted by Micol View Post
    <snip> then there's the time that coming back to the airport after landing just to take a poop in a decent place ended up costing me $5,000.00 . so, yeah fuk KBZN
    There has *got* to be more to this story...

And DEN is a well designed airport from a drop-off/pick-up perspective... but FFS the number of people that have decided the shoulder of the highway is a good place to stop and wait for arrivals is fucking *ridiculous.*

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    And DEN is a well designed airport from a drop-off/pick-up perspective... but FFS the number of people that have decided the shoulder of the highway is a good place to stop and wait for arrivals is fucking *ridiculous.*
    I think that's because they made the official waiting area much more inconvenient to get to. And by much more inconvenient, I mean it adds 3 minutes time to your wait.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    I think that's because they made the official waiting area much more inconvenient to get to. And by much more inconvenient, I mean it adds 3 minutes time to your wait.
    I suspect you're right... and I still can't figure out why they did that.

I just hate that they put the Denver airport in Kansas.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    I just hate that they put the Denver airport in Kansas.
    Hahaha. Seriously. That place is WAY the hell out there. Good airport for the size and sheer amount of customers it serves but by far the least conveniently located one in in the country AFAIK. Even crazier is how the burbs have actually made it out past the airport. I could not imagine having to make that commute. Screw... That...

Frontier and Spirit to merge.

Frontier is gonna make it into a lot more of those cell-phone videos you see on the news. That's a bold growth strategy there Cotton.

Buckle up.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/frontie...al-11644236133
    JetBlue has entered the chat.

https://www.ajc.com/news/atlanta-air...KOW26GRY6XNB4/

KDEN kinda has to be out there. It needs long runways due to the elevation, and there are ~14k peaks only ~50 miles to the west.

Quote Originally Posted by MontuckyFried View Post
    Hahaha. Seriously. That place is WAY the hell out there. Good airport for the size and sheer amount of customers it serves but by far the least conveniently located one in in the country AFAIK.
    In contrast, San Diego's Lindbergh Field has to be the most convenient airport to serve a major city. What other airport can you walk downtown from? The downside is there's only one runway.

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    For future reference: Tacón de Marlin. It's directly across the street from the terminal - and there's a pedestrian overpass. The swordfish burritos are awesome. Burrito de camarones is good too. ¡Y cerveza tambien!
    Thought I was only one that knew about that place. Bestest airport food ever

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    KDEN kinda has to be out there. It needs long runways due to the elevation, and there are ~14k peaks only ~50 miles to the west.
    Psh. That's nothing...
    [LPB has entered the chat]

Hahaha. Seriously. That place is WAY the hell out there. Good airport for the size and sheer amount of customers it serves but by far the least conveniently located one in in the country AFAIK. Even crazier is how the burbs have actually made it out past the airport. I could not imagine having to make that commute. Screw... That...
    That argument made sense 25 years ago, when it really looked like Kansas out there and the transportation infrastructure didn't exist. But "least conveniently located"? It is 30 minutes or less from downtown, and an hour or less for maybe 3 million people up and down the front range. With a train that goes directly to downtown, and beltways going north and south (albeit toll roads) as well as the main artery of I-70/Pena Blvd.

And the commute from those burbs out there is what, 30 minutes to downtown? What planet is that a terrible commute for a major metro area? I wouldn't want to live out there because it's in the plains and next to a major airport, but the distance to downtown isn't crazy.

Yes, the "Kansas" jokes were prevalent and accurate in the 90s, as was the "Denver Imaginary Airport" joke. Now? Not so much.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Do you think the Stallion is cursed Danno?

Regarding the airport being out there, I'll add this:

It's far enough "out there" that Gaylord saw fit to install one of their soul-sucking gigantic conference centers by it which are miserable hellscapes designed to keep visitors trapped within and not wandering into town where they can't get their claws into your wallet, or worse, not get you back inside.

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    There has *got* to be more to this story...

Wow, I mean I've only flown through BZN for 12 years and worked there for over a year and never had a problem with anyone in all that time so I guess I'm lucky?
    Definitely. Palm Springs has to be one of THE neatest airports I've ever been to. Place is surreal. Chill vibe too.

Wait, what?! You're gonna have to elaborate on this one. Sounds like a good story in there.

tl/dr

all i can really say is that the approx $5k did not involve me going to jail, tsa, or fines. but the ppl involved kno who i am and would not b surprised that at least one involved is not a lurker on this site......so just beware of the crap i mentioned in earlier post....but the instance involving threats of police was after driving from rural 2 hrs East of Great Falls where i lived for a bit all the way to BZN to get on the only flight scheduled to depart BZN (via Frontier sux) and was canceled due to the pilot deciding he did not want to work his shift. i escalated the issue and the LEO ESTJ henchmen commenced their tiresome M.O.'s and thats on KBZN airport authority

and, since KDEN has come up since I posted (and surely on the earlier 15 pages), here's a few.... so Frontier is the worst, no question, i quit them long back and hit their social media with truths. FAA is not supposed to let actions like Frontiers be swept under the rug without serious fines...but here's some complaints on the Denver airport in general.

1.The furniture is unbearably uncomfortable for waiting on long layovers or early red eyes.

2.People have to sleep on the floors all over the airport like some 3rd world shanty/tent towns, and yep I have been one of those people. so, im not complaining about the ppl sleeping. im saying the airport is especially callous and nonempathatic (sp?) to the needs of travelers at KDEN. The Airport cares not that people are subjected to spend tens and dozens of hours like this including little kids with famlies. A solution should be offered such as Recliners or something. just insane imho

3. a past employee of FRS reported that the bridge gate was being used to push false advertising by a competing Colorado apparel brand who stuck Colorado flag cards all over the inside of their sealed display case containing their apparel that was made in China and Vietnam as well as some outside case full blown mannequins wearing their gear. I believe the theme was Colorado made Sporting goods. All of the collateral marketing material as well as other vendors that actually showed true made in Colorado gear was way past misleading and false. however, this is common in my industry, key up most colorado brands, but when free public space is used to 'sell and market' thei goods under false pretenses, we draw the line of our composer to accept the bullshit. especially when we have families households jeopardized indirectly by misdirecting potential customers. the employee complained to the airport authority Admin office that handled those cases seemingly to deaf ears , but we did not follow up. we cant be the apparel police. (as much as its needed).

4. This is really American Airlines Admirals club complaint. I joined the club specifically for Denver KDEN so i could sit on a seat that actually had foam. i.e low level comfort. for the first few years you could use the club no matter what airline you were flying....fast fwd to somewhat recent, when i walked in and was not admitted because they changed the rules. Now a traveler must be flying American to use the club. more bullshit, more bait and switch , whats new in the world.... i never even took any free meals or alcohol. snacks , non alcoholic drinks yes....

i could talk extensively about delayed flights due to gate availability, parking costs and hassles, security checkpoints (even when holding prepass), and more. but i figure if you fly DEN (KDEN) you already know these things....

end rant

good relative links
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Denver/comm...tier_airlines/
    https://www.yelp.com/biz/frontier-airlines-tampa-4
    www.freeridesystems.com
    ski & ride jackets made in colorado
    maggot discount code TGR20
    ok we'll come up with a solution by then makers....

Do you think the Stallion is cursed Danno?

Regarding the airport being out there, I'll add this:

It's far enough "out there" that Gaylord saw fit to install one of their soul-sucking gigantic conference centers by it which are miserable hellscapes designed to keep visitors trapped within and not wandering into town where they can't get their claws into your wallet, or worse, not get you back inside.
    I think the stallion (I prefer Blucifer) is awesome.

I think the airport is like democracy being the worst form of govt except for all the others. Stapleton had to go, and where else would they be able to put an airport large enough to handle what they needed it to handle, with enough runways far enough apart to handle the weather we receive? They had to go to the plains. When they built it, I made all the same Kansas comments and "why the fuck did they build it so far away". But it makes total sense now.

And I've never been to Gaylord so no idea how to respond to that part.

Lol, Bluecifer. I think it, combined with the very grim looking railroad art installations provide an eerie feel upon arrival. Buckle in kids, you're in for a good time...

I do like the Westin though.

I typically fly red-eye or first flight out when leaving Denver and it blows my mind that none of the ticket counters ever open early enough for these flights, especially during ski season when they know people have to check bags. 6am flight back east, fully booked with a 5:30am boarding time? Sure thing, we'll open the counter at 4:45 with 2 agents. Don't worry about the other 4 6am departures we have scheduled too, you'll get to the gate with seconds to spare.

Count your blessings you've never had to be inside a Gaylord center Danno. Vile places.

Yeah, there's lots to complain about with DIA, I just don't think the location is one of them. I agree that the airport doesn't seem to entirely recognize how early people need to arrive and do stuff when there are 6am flights.

FWIW, my kiddo loves Blucifer, it's an icon of our travels.

Worst &amp; Best Airports

From an architectural perspective, I preferred DIA before the whale-tail Westin was built. It hides the great hall and its unique (in the US) tensile structure. I wish they would have located the Westin off to the side in some way, and just had the light rail station at the south end of the great hall. with a cool, sculptural roof.

A lot of visitors of mine assume Blucifer has to do with the Broncos when they see it. I don’t bother explaining.

There's a train now DIA <-> Downtown. Pick up your luggage and you're dropped at Union Station 34m later.

Hell - there's train from DIA <-> Denver Tech Center too.

We used to joke how they put the airport out in Kansas, but I'm pretty glad they did. And we also joked how in 50 years we'd be complaining that they put the airport right in the middle of town.

Putting DIA out there was the most forward thinking thing they could have done. It used to annoy me but it makes total sense why they did it. And the train is awesome, I NEVER drive to the airport anymore. Once the I-70 east project is done, driving out there will be a lot easier too.

Blucifer is both awesome and cursed AF

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    <snip> And the train is awesome, I NEVER drive to the airport anymore.
    It's definitely *very* nice. Last time I flew BZN -> home it took me 4h from BZN departure to my front door, using the train for all but the last 5 miles from the train to my house.

BZN calls itself an international, but it's still really just a regional, and probably one of the nicest in the US.
    flew in and out of BZN earlier this year and it was really nice, great views for sure.

+1 for SLC too, first time thru there on a layover last week and it was also nice and had solid food options.

flew home from LAX on Sunday and I gotta say, fuck that place. maybe it's because I was hungover, but it was an absolutely insufferable experience all the way around. fuck LAX. I will do everything in my power to avoid that airport from here on out.
    my head is perpetually in the clouds