Page 20 of 46 FirstFirst ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast
    I worked with an Australian girl who lived in Europe and had the same complaints about Australians, especially during Octoberfest.

If they are doing a remake of "The Year of Living Dangerously", JFK would work very nicely for the final scene.

BTW, every driver in Spain thinks they're Fernando Alonso except for the airport shuttle guy.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BTW, every driver in Spain thinks they're Fernando Alonso except for the airport shuttle guy.
    Lulz. Cause it's true.

Motherfucker was driving 10 miles per hour. We actually missed our flight out but it wasn't because of his lameness. But still, you live in Spain, why aren't you standing on the gas like everyone else?

The hike from the B gates to the Delta lounge at SLC still sucks hairy balls.

New Orleans Louis Armstrong International is a very nice new facility but the Delta lounge is the size of a broom closet. WTF?

Another trip out of the "new" LaGuardia, another absurdly long security line. For anyone saying the new airport is better, it's just lipstick on a pig. The same old shitty ass pig.
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Seems like all I read about are cluster fucks at airports and cancelled flights. Welcome to the new summer normal post covid. My advise, wait to fly once the kids are back in school.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

I don’t know about that, the price on the tickets aren’t coming down in that timeframe at all. More than three times what I would’ve paid for flights last year at this time. I was really wanting to get up on that Palmer glacier for a few runs this summer but I don’t look like that’s going to happen at $1100-$1500 per round-trip ticket. fuck, the flight alone is now more than my whole trip budget last year.

You are correct airfares right now are easily double to triple what we paid in November of 2021. Next trip to Europe looks like we'll be using points to fly to JFK and then buying the flight over unless prices come back to reality in the next 10 months

Or go live life and stop being such an old curmudgeon.
    Last edited by Buzzworthy; 06-19-2022 at 03:18 PM.

I've had an unbelievable amount of wedding invites from good friends and family in the past 10 months because of Covid putting a stop to weddings for a while.

Since last August I've attended weddings in London, Santa Fe, San Clemente, Honolulu and Philadelphia.

Luckily most weddings have been in desirable places and I was using miles and hotel points, but IDA-PHL was going to be 150k miles per person in economy (was first RT class across the Atlantic pre Covid), so I held onto miles and spent $1300 per person last week. JAC-Munich was cheaper in March than IDA-PHL in June.

I've got an upcoming wedding in Detroit in August and JAC to DTW on a non-holiday weekend was $1000 per person.

I have two more wedding invites this fall and I'm not going. I'm done traveling for non-fun reasons for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Or go live life and stop being such an old curmudgeon.
    You have obviously never met me IRL and are looking in a mirror.
    Quote Originally Posted by leroy jenkins View Post
    I think you'd have an easier time understanding people if you remembered that 80% of them are fucking morons.
    That is why I like dogs, more than most people.

Our flights from PDX to Amsterdam were cheaper than flying PDX to anywhere east of the Rockies this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by Supermoon View Post
    Our flights from PDX to Amsterdam were cheaper than flying PDX to anywhere east of the Rockies this summer.
    This is why I ski Yurp,
    Merde De Glace On the Freak When Ski
    >>>200 cm Black Bamboo Sidewalled DPS Lotus 120 : Best Skis Ever <<<

got flights Boston to Denver right before the prices soared at the end of April for a long weekend of spring skiing, paid like $280 round trip... going back out west on a rafting trip next week and paid like $340 one way to DEN + $350 home from Spokane.. fuckin' crazy

ps. what's the consensus on Spokane's airport (GEG), good? bad?.. I'll report back with my thoughts when I'm there
    my head is perpetually in the clouds

GEG is good, easy, a little slow with ski bags late night. My only complaint is the EWU advertising( f'ing red turf!):
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20220513_045414836.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	419486

Worst &amp; Best Airports

Been flying out of Newark my whole life and don’t remember ever having the joy of spending any time in Terminal A.

Fuck Terminal A

Reminds me of O’Hare

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^You'll be happy to know they're building a new one right next door.

I'd like to nominate Greenville-Spartanburg (GSP) as one of the best airports. Nothing flies in or out much and flights are really expensive but the airport is charming.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

Greenville is the new Asheville and the airport is like Hilton Head/Savannah just in the foothills.
    I still call it The Jake.

I happened to wander down to Greenville a couple weekends ago and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the airport was. They even had a Honda spec racecar on display in the terminal which was odd since the BMW factory was a mile down the road and I suspect the airport was largely built for that purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    I happened to wander down to Greenville a couple weekends ago and was pleasantly surprised by how nice the airport was. They even had a Honda spec racecar on display in the terminal which was odd since the BMW factory was a mile down the road and I suspect the airport was largely built for that purpose.
    BMW and Michelin are definitely the anchors for the area. College tour? I think I saw a picture of Wake in another thread.

I sent jr to BMW driving school and it then turned into a college shopping trip. Goodness, WF is like a country club.

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    BMW and Michelin are definitely the anchors for the area. College tour? I think I saw a picture of Wake in another thread.
    The new Motor City is actually just the E/W corridor that mostly mirrors I-20 from ATL to CHS. Along that route you've now got (starting in ATL): Porsche NA HQ, Mercedes-Benz NA HQ, BMW, Hyundai, KIA, Rivian and Volvo.

Hope you got to tool around the area Timber, downtown Greenville is a good time and the surrounding area is fantastic for driving and mtn biking.
    I still call it The Jake.

Tuition definitely pays for it. Great school, though. I'm guessing all the usual suspects to the east were hit. To the west, Davidson and Furman fit the country club campus profile.