Page 21 of 46 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Tuition definitely pays for it. Great school, though. I'm guessing all the usual suspects to the east were hit. To the west, Davidson and Furman fit the country club campus profile.
    Elon too.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    The new Motor City is actually just the E/W corridor that mostly mirrors I-20 from ATL to CHS. Along that route you've now got (starting in ATL): Porsche NA HQ, Mercedes-Benz NA HQ, BMW, Hyundai, KIA, Rivian and Volvo.

Hope you got to tool around the area Timber, downtown Greenville is a good time and the surrounding area is fantastic for driving and mtn biking.
    I did. What's sorta crazy is people driving around on the street in golf carts. I guess that's legal? I was behind this woman driving one with a small child and he was sitting in her lap as they were tooling around G-ville. I'm thinking wow that's gonna be an issue if they get into an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazderati View Post
    Tuition definitely pays for it. Great school, though. I'm guessing all the usual suspects to the east were hit. To the west, Davidson and Furman fit the country club campus profile.
    We hit every one single one of them. Furman, very purple; Davidson, sleep where Stef Curry hath slept.

Bad omen at UNC, a squirrel fell out of the tree and landed on the sidewalk in front of us, limped around trying to walk and then died 10 secs later. Some other squirrel tried necrophilia on that squirrel.
    "timberridge is terminally vapid" -- a fortune cookie in Yueyang

You can drive golf carts everywhere in South Carolina, even on the sidewalks (heads up if you’re in Sullivan’s Is./IoP - they come outta nowhere). I’m surprised I haven’t seen any major wrecks.

I always knew UNC squirrels were kooks. Did you dare venture over to the crown jewel, Dook?

Yeah that's wild shit.

I got the vibe from the NW part of SC, at least, that SC is like Uncle Eddie to NC's Clark.

Negatory on the Duke. There's a cousin and now family friend attending there this fall, so he has to be different. Are the Duke squirrels less kinky?

Quote Originally Posted by Timberridge View Post
    Negatory on the Duke. There's a cousin and family friend attending there this fall, so he has to be different. Are the Duke squirrels less kooky?
    I'm not sure about the squirrels, but I've got a bunch of Dukies in the family and man, it's how they start every conversation it seems.

I'd assume the squirrels would be no different.

While Jr. is targeting tier 1 schools in the area, why not push a little farther south to the big city and do Emory?

Would that require flying into Hartsfield-Jackson? Because I'm sorta involved in this whole process somewhat reluctantly.

I've got a bunch of Dukies in the family and man, it's how they start every conversation it seems.
    Sounds like Villanovites around my area.

Would that require flying into Hartsfield-Jackson? Because I'm sorta involved in this whole process somewhat reluctantly.
    Indeed it would.

But, look at it this way, when Ebola struck they took all the patients to Emory's hospital to be cured and the CDC is on campus so you're set for when the next pandemic hits.

I'll let him know. He did comment to me when visiting the smaller liberal arts colleges that "these places are gonna be the first to mask back up when the next pandemic hits."

Emory is loaded with kids from NYC/Northeast, it'll feel like home.

Plus, as alluded to earlier, and on-topic here, the world's busiest airport is at the doorstep.

My wife encountered a 4 hour security line at Heathrow. Fortunately she got there 7 hours before ETD and 8 hours before actual take off. Which meant she missed her connection at SFO because her bag was last off the carousel in customs. The her BART train to the Richmond Amtrak station broke down. She got the last train of the night by one minute. If she had missed that she would have been standing outside the closed BART station for an hour waiting for me to pick her up. That was 2 days ago and she's still sleeping.

I'm not going to go back through this thread but if it hasn't been pointed out already, OAK is one of the best airports in the country in terms of not canceling flights and arrival / departure times. And they do a lot of major direct flights. Anyone coming to NorCal should try to go there instead of SFO. I will pay more to fly out of Oakland if it's not a crazy difference. Reno is also pretty great.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

It’s kind of a shithole, but it’s an EFFICIENT shithole.

I saw some nice paintings in the LV airport by an artist named Tracy Kimmons so I looked her up, found out she is in Reno and she also has pieces, including one I wound up buying, at the Truckee Airport. Still, the best airport for art has to be Schipol in Amsterdam, since they have a little branch of the Rijksmuseum. Not many airports where you can see an original Rembrandt.

Quote Originally Posted by old goat View Post
    My wife encountered a 4 hour security line at Heathrow. Fortunately she got there 7 hours before ETD and 8 hours before actual take off. Which meant she missed her connection at SFO because her bag was last off the carousel in customs. The her BART train to the Richmond Amtrak station broke down. She got the last train of the night by one minute. If she had missed that she would have been standing outside the closed BART station for an hour waiting for me to pick her up. That was 2 days ago and she's still sleeping.
    She definitely has monkey pox.

Worst & Best Airports

I fly out of DIA every few months. Can someone explain why the items you need to take out of your carryons constantly fluctuates at security? Sometimes it’s “keep everything in your bags” to “all electronics out of bags and shoes off!”!

Because it’s all security theater anyway so sometimes the TSA crew just says screw it?
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Right now Toronto Pearson international is the worst air port in Canada
    Lee Lau - xxx-er is the laziest Asian canuck I know

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I fly out of DIA every few months. Can someone explain why the items you need to take out of your carryons constantly fluctuates at security? Sometimes it’s “keep everything in your bags” to “all electronics out of bags and shoes off!”!
    Why do you not have Precheck?
    "boobs just make the world better really" - Woodsy

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post
    Complete shit show. But don't worry, the CEO in charge is claiming a "substantial" improvement as 44% of all flights are leaving on time now. #nottheonion

Quote Originally Posted by XXX-er View Post

be that as it may, it's theme song still kicks ass...

fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    No idea. Getting that now for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzworthy View Post
    Not that you asked me but it's a principal thing for me...I get to skip the main security line due to some dumb frequent flyer status I have, so what I'd be paying for is to not have to take my shoes off essentially. Great..fuck off...it's a money grab.
    Damn shame, throwing away a perfectly good white boy like that

Sounds like Villanovites around my area.
    #gocats

I just was reminded its time to renew my PreCheck, man time flies. Best $85 or whatever I ever spent for travel. Each time I arrive at ATL I'm dumbfounded by the hoardes standing in a mile long line for regular TSA.

I think I'm going to do Clear however this go-round.

I just was reminded its time to renew my PreCheck, man time flies. Best $85 or whatever I ever spent for travel. Each time I arrive at ATL I'm dumbfounded by the hoardes standing in a mile long line for regular TSA.

I think I'm going to do Clear however this go-round.
    I just renewed my Global Entry, $110 for 5 years and Amex reimburses all of it.