Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zion zig zag View Post
    I just renewed my Global Entry, $110 for 5 years and Amex reimburses all of it.
    Hold up, I may need to look into this. Being ATL centric I run everything through my Delta Platinum AmEx, I gotta see if this is included.
    I still call it The Jake.

Quote Originally Posted by BmillsSkier View Post
    Hold up, I may need to look into this. Being ATL centric I run everything through my Delta Platinum AmEx, I gotta see if this is included.
    It is.

https://www.americanexpress.com/en-u...e-your-travel/

Boom. Thanks ZZZ!

BTW the Delta Amex Black 747 card is super bitchin'

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    BTW the Delta Amex Black 747 card is super bitchin'
    Had to google that one. Yeah, it is bitchin.

Strange choice of aircraft type considering Delta doesn't have any 747s.

Worst & Best Airports

Dang, thx
    Just got precheck…well, now i know for next time

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Striker View Post
    Strange choice of aircraft type considering Delta doesn't have any 747s.
    They cut up one of their old 747s and made cards out of it.

Name:  EPC6UQAS6VARNM53QU7WKAZ4BQ.jpg
Views: 296
Size:  31.1 KB

That would actually be pretty cool.

Now that I see it up close, it get that it's commemorative. 68 million miles. That's over 2700 trips around the earth!

how many different ways to get through security are there? I'm a peon who flies rarely so I am just regular TSA, but just in the last page I see mention of skipping regular security because of some frequent flyer status, "precheck", "clear", and "global entry". Four different ways to express security superiority, WTF?
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

I still don’t get why sometimes I breeze through DIA security without having to take shoes off or laptops out, but yesterday I did. Can’t simply be TSA theatre.

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    how many different ways to get through security are there? I'm a peon who flies rarely so I am just regular TSA, but just in the last page I see mention of skipping regular security because of some frequent flyer status, "precheck", "clear", and "global entry". Four different ways to express security superiority, WTF?
    The status thing is a new one for me, but yeah there's I think 4 trusted traveler programs. Even if you don't fly more than once a year the $85 PreCheck for 5 years is so worth not having to deal with the lines, the laptop, the shoes, and most importantly, the mouth-breathing morons who have never flown before, or just act like it, over in the regular line.

The status thing is a new one for me, but yeah there's I think 4 trusted traveler programs. Even if you don't fly more than once a year the $85 PreCheck for 5 years is so worth not having to deal with the lines, the laptop, the shoes, and most importantly, the mouth-breathing morons who have never flown before, or just act like it, over in the regular line.
    what if you have a kiddo tagging along, can they do the PreCheck line too? Because most of my air travel is with my kid.
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by The SnowShow View Post
    I still don’t get why sometimes I breeze through DIA security without having to take shoes off or laptops out, but yesterday I did. Can’t simply be TSA theatre.
    It also varies by airport, not just by day. It is definitely part of the theater, maybe they mix it up to keep travelers guessing, maybe it's up to the whim of the person in charge that day, maybe someone didn't fill out their TPS report that day and so must deal with stinky shoes.

maybe it's up to the whim of the person in charge that day
    Yeah, or just generally. The cast take their cues from the director.

TSA Precheck: let's you skip taking off shoes and removing laptop. Shorter entry line. $85 for 5 years, but sometimes you get it randomly without paying (this is more likely if you are traveling with someone who has paid for it), it'll show on your boarding pass if you have it.

Global Entry: Includes TSA Pre-check, but also allows you to skip the line coming back into the country. If you fly into an airport that has multiple international flights arriving at once it can save an hour plus. $100 for 5 years. Seems crazy to pay for precheck and not add this for an additional $15. Needs an in person interview with an agent for approval.

Clear: the shortest lines to get through ID/boarding pass check, and then taken to the front of the security and carry-on check, but as far as I know, you still have to take off shoes and remove laptops. Someone correct me here, never used it. Maybe best combined with Global Entry if you travel a lot?

Status through airline: I'm only familiar with Delta's SkyPriority lane, and it's only at certain terminals. It's a separate line that is typically shorter than the general line. TSA precheck is almost always shorter and faster if traveling domestic. SkyPriority lane is a benefit Internationally where there is no precheck.

Anything else?

what if you have a kiddo tagging along, can they do the PreCheck line too? Because most of my air travel is with my kid.
    Absolutely.

Really only one person in your party needs it and the rest tag along.

Absolutely.

I didn't know this, I thought it had to show precheck on the boarding pass.

Absolutely.

This true? I always thought that each traveler (adult) had to be precheck to take advantage.

I didn't know this, I thought it had to show precheck on the boarding pass.
    Yep, so long as the person with PreCheck booked the flights (which always happens to be me) the little green check shows up on everyone's boarding pass.

Wife and kid don't have PreCheck and it's always worked this way for us. Delta and Southwest being the only two airlines I've flown in the past 5 years.

Yep, so long as the person with PreCheck booked the flights (which always happens to be me) the little green check shows up on everyone's boarding pass.
    I recently booked tickets for myself and coworker and he did not get precheck. I wonder if it has to be in the family/same last name?

For those who might travel to Canada, the NEXUS card is the best deal going. Gets you quick land access (and I guess air, too, although it's probably going to save the most time at land crossings) through the Canadian border plus Global Entry and TSA PreCheck. It's only $50 for five years. The downside is to get it and to renew it you need to do an in-person interview and they've been all but impossible to get since Covid.

I recently booked tickets for myself and coworker and he did not get precheck. I wonder if it has to be in the family/same last name?
    Maybe that's the case. All same last names here.

NEXUS would be the most use to me. But I usually have family in the car so would need for everyone. And to complicate matters, two of them carry both passports. The other two are slacking or not interested. I'm not eligible for a 2nd passport.

Before I got GE I was prechecked on my return flight automatically, even though I wasn't on the outbound. That was at least 10 years ago so might have changed.