Page 25 of 48 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... LastLast
    ATL is still hard to beat for me. I'm hopping all over the globe these days and it's always easy and cost efficient to get to ATL.

As for domestic airports, shout out to ISP and PBI as they always make it very quick to get checked in and get out upon arrival.

Flying through DOH for a second time and looking forward to that in May. Then in June doing the longest flight in the world from SIN > JFK on Singapore Airlines.

I lost $140 bucks in a slot machine in the Reno airport waiting for the rest of my group to land. Can't do that in many airports I can think of. Don't know if that makes it good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Name Redacted View Post
    I lost $140 bucks in a slot machine in the Reno airport waiting for the rest of my group to land. Can't do that in many airports I can think of. Don't know if that makes it good or bad.
    You probably could have gotten a lot more fun with the $140. Don't know if that is good or bad either.
    Is it radix panax notoginseng? - splat
    This is like hanging yourself but the rope breaks. - DTM
    Dude Listen to mtm. He's a marriage counselor at burning man. - subtle plague

Quote Originally Posted by MakersTeleMark View Post
    You probably could have gotten a lot more fun with the $140. Don't know if that is good or bad either.
    I know prostitution is legal in NV.

But I haven’t seen a blow job booth in the airport. Yet.

Not sure this is still a thing, but Korean barbershops also had girls for downstairs service while your upstairs head was taken care of

Quote Originally Posted by mcski View Post
    Not sure this is still a thing, but Korean barbershops also had girls for downstairs service while your upstairs head was taken care of
    Not sure I want a straight razor at my neck when I'm getting a tug or a blowee. If that's your thing, have at it.

I have a fun ‘flying sucks, but this worked out‘ story.
    So, we flew out of JH yesterday morning. We knew it would be tight, with just a 40 minute layover in Miami. (Miami airport is HUGE). Well, we were in the plane for an hour waiting for de-icing, our only real hope was that they held the connecting flight to Bogóta, but I didn’t think it was going to happen, certainly not with our luggage as well. We get to Miami, and the airport is shut down due to a ‘security incident’, another 40 minutes on the tarmac.
    I couldn’t quite figure out our arrival gate and departure gate, thinking there was a mistake on the app, as the gates were the same. But really, we figured that ship had sailed, and we were looking for hotels in Miami in the meantime.
    Well, slap my ass and call me Sally, out of every possible combination of planes flying in and out of Miami, we were already sitting on the plane GOING TO BOGÓTA.
    What are the chances of that?
    we had another hour on the tarmac trying to leave Miami, but we didn’t care, all was well.
    Kind of ridiculous.
    Crazy odds, as was the dude dying two rows behind me last October.
    hunh.
    Forum Cross Pollinator, gratuitously strident

Had a bit of a runaround trip for spring break; quite a few planes AND we did this all with two 3y/o!

DEN-MUC, MUC-LIS, OPO-RAK, RAK-MXP, MXP-EWR, EWR-DEN, DEN-ASE.

Newark was terrible, as always. Marrakech and Milan fair. Munich and Porto pretty good. We flew into Newark on Saturday afternoon on the tail end of the tornado storms blowing across the East coast. Being in a 777 that's getting tossed around like a CRJ was pretty exciting. Similar experience to when we flew into Taipei on the tail end of Cat-5 Typhoon Soudelor in 2015 and our 777 felt rudder-less.

Quote Originally Posted by alpinevibes View Post
    Had a bit of a runaround trip for spring break; quite a few planes AND we did this all with two 3y/o!

DEN-MUC, MUC-LIS, OPO-RAK, RAK-MXP, MXP-EWR, EWR-DEN, DEN-ASE.

Newark was terrible, as always. Marrakech and Milan fair. Munich and Porto pretty good. We flew into Newark on Saturday afternoon on the tail end of the tornado storms blowing across the East coast. Being in a 777 that's getting tossed around like a CRJ was pretty exciting. Similar experience to when we flew into Taipei on the tail end of Cat-5 Typhoon Soudelor in 2015 and our 777 felt rudder-less.
    Yikes. Now I know why you don't even flinch when buying broken Volvos. Glutton for punishment.

Quote Originally Posted by riser4 View Post
    Yikes. Now I know why you don't even flinch when buying broken Volvos. Glutton for punishment.
    You got the wrong guy...

Quote Originally Posted by skaredshtles View Post
    You got the wrong guy...

Shit. I need new glasses.

Ha! Yeah, I'm not quite Austin in my capacities but I'm probably up there.

Shit. I need new glasses.
    Is this you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paulene-myers-header.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	454369
    "fuck off you asshat gaper shit for brains fucktard wanker." - Jesus Christ
    "She was tossing her bean salad with the vigor of a Drunken Pop princess so I walked out of the corner and said.... "need a hand?"" - Odin
    "everybody's got their hooks into you, fuck em....forge on motherfuckers, drag all those bitches across the goal line with you." - (not so) ill-advised strategy

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post
    Is this you?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	paulene-myers-header.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	99.4 KB 
ID:	454369
    Ha.

Santiago has a nice airport. The LATAM lounge there blows any Delta Skyclub I’ve been to out of the water, including food, drink and ambiance. But, LATAM as an airline is a pain in the ass to deal with.

On a genuine ol' fashioned authentic steam powered aereoplane
    This isn't earth shattering news or anything but I spent 75-80 mins in the security line at EWR Terminal B this past Monday afternoon. Really? I mean for real?

How they haven't bulldozed the place yet and started over is beyond me. I feel like all they ever "upgrade" is the restaurants. The actual infrastructure is straight up 1983 shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    This isn't earth shattering news or anything but I spent 75-80 mins in the security line at EWR Terminal B this past Monday afternoon. Really? I mean for real?

How they haven't bulldozed the place yet and started over is beyond me. I feel like all they ever "upgrade" is the restaurants. The actual infrastructure is straight up 1983 shit.
    Yeah ... fuck EWR terminal B at high tide. Total shit show. TSApre doesn't really cut that time down much in that situation. Maybe Clear and TSA would help.

Quote Originally Posted by huckbucket View Post
    Yeah ... fuck EWR terminal B at high tide. Total shit show. TSApre doesn't really cut that time down much in that situation. Maybe Clear and TSA would help.
    The Clear and TSA Pre lines were all fucked up too and people in those lines were melting as well. Half the issue is that you finally get to the front of the line and there are no disgusting grey bins to put your shit in. Grade A Certified Clusterfuck.

put your pocket stuff into your carry on bag ahead of time

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Pro tip.

I also don't understand how in 2023 they still need me to put my laptop in it's own bin.

Every Airport is a clusterfuck right now…

Airports/Airlines are being hit the hardest in the current labor shortage…. They haven’t been able to man back up since Covid, the employees that stuck around are now leaving because their overworked. Who the fuck wants to work at an airport for low wage? Who wants to deal with humans on a delay for low wage?

Best to make your airport trips as low maintenance as possible right now; don’t check, pack snacks and a water bottle, come early with a book.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Don't get me started on EWR. I go to great lengths including driving to avoid that shit show and the rudest people on the planet.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiteroom_Guardian View Post
    Pro tip.

I also don't understand how in 2023 they still need me to put my laptop in it's own bin.
    Where are you connecting through? Go sign up for pre-check on your layover and you won't have to.

Quote Originally Posted by I Skied Bandini Mountain View Post
    Yep, I carry a backpack as a “Personal item” and stash everything in that before getting into the security line.

I could have gone PHL and actually had to drive slightly less, but flights were worse times and more expensive by at least $200.

I'm going all in on Global Entry asap.