Page 323 of 599 FirstFirst ... 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 ... LastLast
Results 8,051 to 8,075 of 14970
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Goat in shark infested waters narrowly escapes: https://youtu.be/wt3xmOYspFo

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    meh, could have taken that switch to the road on Jefferys. Looked fun and rowdy. that camera doesn't throw down the best clarity though...could be the lighting

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    meh, could have taken that switch to the road on Jefferys. Looked fun and rowdy. that camera doesn't throw down the best clarity though...could be the lighting
    Ha! No doubt!

Pretty overcast day, but I have noticed how much better the new GoPro cams are in flat light. Might be time for an upgrade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    I just couldn't ski 'em on anything hard. I took them to the shop on the mountain to retune the edges for a more aggressive bevel and that helped, but I couldn't stay centered and couldn't turn (or stop) on groomers without seriously muscling them. Could ski 'em fine in looser snow, but by then I was a bit apprehensive and wasn't in a position to really evaluate them.

In all likelihood, the geometry / mount point of the Woodsman is beyond what I'm used to and, maybe, doesn't suit my personality when skiing. They sure were purty, though.
    My 116’s were night and day after a detune. Wax and do that,made all the difference for me. Took me a cpl hrs to get on em but now they are so great. I bet u find the honey hole with urs.

Forward from what I’m used to but I think that assists with the versatility of the ski. Reminds me of when I used to tele. When shit got thick I went lower. With the Woods there is a good fore and aft endpoint. Rad skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by tahoepa View Post
    My 116’s were night and day after a detune. Wax and do that,made all the difference... Rad skis.

Same here. A full tune made a big difference for mine too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnar_Shralp406 View Post
    Goat in shark infested waters narrowly escapes: https://youtu.be/wt3xmOYspFo
    bony, but darn good! nice line....

like the feet on top of each other, close together old skool style is my jam

ON3P SKIS Discussion

If you really want to dial in the characteristics of an older 189 wren 108

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8VfEHNB...id=ddcawgc8edm

Brought out the ol cam. I actually meant to bring the BGs but loaded the box the night before after too much substance. Wrens treated me well

I’ve decided on this:

MB99ti
    BG

But still can’t figure out my middle spot, wren 108 vs woodsman 108. I’ll keep reading through. I’m truly 50/50 split on this

nice vid klauss

123ski - i would suggest giving Iggy/ON3P a call. Their advice is usually spot on Both skis are awesome.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 02-09-2020 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Whee
    Nice. I fucking love headwaters❤️
    You should have been here yesterday!

Billy Goat day, so much fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1666.JPG 
Views:	172 
Size:	258.9 KB 
ID:	314845

Where do people mount the woodsman series (specifically the 96)? I ski directional more than not most of the time. Right on the line or back a little?

Quote Originally Posted by davjr96 View Post
    Where do people mount the woodsman series (specifically the 96)? I ski directional more than not most of the time. Right on the line or back a little?
    Line.......I have 116’s. This takes all the ski tech into account by ON3P. The builder has this nailed I think for each model he makes. Trust the mark.....Wrens, woods, BG all on the line. All ski as they were designed and are money. I’d play around with the tune once mounted but FWIW go on the mark.

I'd say if you want to go back on the Woodsman you should have bought the Wren. The whole point of the Woodsman was to offer a more playful directional ski through mount point and increased tail rocker allowing the tail to break free easier. ON3P has their mount points pretty dialed.

Line it is then. Thanks guys!

::Paging maggots who mounted ON3P's off the line and love it more than on the line::

After all the ON3P 'mount point' questions we see .. I can't remember many such examples - I'm curious if there are many?

Iggy + crew know what they're doing.
    Always on the line.
    Have faith.

Been on the lookout for a pair of BGs. I saw a good deal on pair of brand new pair of 189 BGs but they're tour. At 6'3 205, looking for a playful charger for chop in the trees at the resort, my thoughts were I should wait it out for a standard layup?

Quote Originally Posted by MiddleOfNight View Post
    ::Paging maggots who mounted ON3P's off the line and love it more than on the line::

After all the ON3P 'mount point' questions we see .. I can't remember many such examples - I'm curious if there are many?

Always on the line.
    Have faith.
    I ski my Wren 98's at -2, but I tele and like to drive the tip FWIW
    "Not all who wander are lost"

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Been on the lookout for a pair of BGs. I saw a good deal on pair of brand new pair of 189 BGs but they're tour. At 6'3 205, looking for a playful charger for chop in the trees at the resort, my thoughts were I should wait it out for a standard layup?
    Standard layup for sure in my world. It has been a long time since i've been on an ON3P tour layup, but I hated it. I am 200+ as well.

Always on the line.
    Have faith.
    The most common one I can remember seeing the past few years was the Kartel (Jeffery) at -2 but that was before the Woodsman and probably part of what led to the idea of the Woodsman. People were hounding ON3P for something between the Kartel and Wren.

Always on the line.
    Have faith.
    I recently moved to -2 on the 191 cm Kartel 108, and didn’t love it. Moved up to -1 and felt much better, but I think I like them on the line best. I get an over-the-bars scare from time to time, but this a thing I can condition out of myself. They just feel a lot more nimble to me at the reccommended mount. I’m 6’8”, 195lbs, 336bsl.

Wrenegade 96 Ti length q's!

I had a rather unfortunate parting of ways with my old blizzard peacemakers 186 '15 yesterday. Honestly didn't love em that much, as I was a college kid I just ripped them anyways. They were paired with Bodacious 187s. I got a trip Snowbird planned for this weekend and am eying up some new all mountain skis. I grew up skiing midwest hardpack and have a long racing background. Now I live in Billings, MT.

Negative thoughts on my 104 underfoot peacemaker 186s
    -I thought they were a little short at times.
    -I thought they were a bit wide for conditions I skied 75% of the time.
    -They had a speed limit that I found many times
    -They actually carved pretty well on the steeper blues, blacks was chatter city (That's what my gs skis are for)

I need a new pair of all mountains by THURSDAY . I'm 6'3" 180 lbs, I flex my lange 130s with booster straps nicely.
    -Talked to a friend about the obvious choice - Bonafides. His lasted a season, He pointed me to the ON3P Wrenegade 96's.
    - I found the Wren 96 Ti and for the reasons stated above I'm pretty much sold. I just have one issue.
    -I can pick up some 184s on my way through Bozeman on Thursday, but I'm worried they'll feel a bit short. They don't have any 189s unless I can talk the shop into selling their demos (I doubt this). I can buy some 189s and mount them myself, but I'll need to do this tomorrow. I'm a little hesitant to buy skis online.

Tl;Dr Has anyone out there skied the Wren 96 Ti's in the 189 and 184 and cares to comment (6'3" and 180 lbs)?

Theyll ski longer than a 186 peacemaker id think

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by powderkillr View Post
    I had a rather unfortunate parting of ways with my old blizzard peacemakers 186 '15 yesterday. Honestly didn't love em that much, as I was a college kid I just ripped them anyways. They were paired with Bodacious 187s. I got a trip Snowbird planned for this weekend and am eying up some new all mountain skis. I grew up skiing midwest hardpack and have a long racing background. Now I live in Billings, MT.

Negative thoughts on my 104 underfoot peacemaker 186s
    -I thought they were a little short at times.
    -I thought they were a bit wide for conditions I skied 75% of the time.
    -They had a speed limit that I found many times
    -They actually carved pretty well on the steeper blues, blacks was chatter city (That's what my gs skis are for)

I need a new pair of all mountains by THURSDAY . I'm 6'3" 180 lbs, I flex my lange 130s with booster straps nicely.
    -Talked to a friend about the obvious choice - Bonafides. His lasted a season, He pointed me to the ON3P Wrenegade 96's.
    - I found the Wren 96 Ti and for the reasons stated above I'm pretty much sold. I just have one issue.
    -I can pick up some 184s on my way through Bozeman on Thursday, but I'm worried they'll feel a bit short. They don't have any 189s unless I can talk the shop into selling their demos (I doubt this). I can buy some 189s and mount them myself, but I'll need to do this tomorrow. I'm a little hesitant to buy skis online.

Tl;Dr Has anyone out there skied the Wren 96 Ti's in the 189 and 184 and cares to comment (6'3" and 180 lbs)?
    Buy online and mount yourself. Or just call up a shop in SLC and see if they can do a while you wait mount.

Wrenegade 96 Ti length q's!

[QUOTE=grinch;5890637]Theyll ski longer than a 186 peacemaker id think&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>

You thinking the 184 will ski longer than the 186 peacemaker? Peacemaker was a true twin so they ski shorter, as I see the wrenegades are pretty flat tailed.

At your height and weight you could handle the 189cm but the 184cm is definitely more stable than your previous skis.

The 189cm will want to ski fast pretty much all of the time... the 184cm will have a little less work in moguls and tight terrain.

[QUOTE=powderkillr;5890721]
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Theyll ski longer than a 186 peacemaker id think&lt;br&gt;<br>
    &lt;br&gt;<br>

You thinking the 184 will ski longer than the 186 peacemaker? Peacemaker was a true twin so they ski shorter, as I see the wrenegades are pretty flat tailed.