Page 224 of 599 FirstFirst ... 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... LastLast
Results 5,576 to 5,600 of 14972
    Thanks for the pic!
    Can anyone compare the amount tip/tail rocker/splay of the Billy Goat to the Bibby?

The bibby has slightly less tip splay and a decent amount more tail slay. Not sure about where the rocker starts between the two.
    Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Thanks for the pic!
    Can anyone compare the amount tip/tail rocker/splay of the Billy Goat to the Bibby?

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    If everyone had the balls they say they do, then they would snatch up every 11 Wren that shows up on GS. Based on shape alone the BG's are going to ski completely different, and those wrens will go straight.
    The real deal are in great swap now $200 with Jestors, I'm not affiliated, but for those brave...I demo'd a pair out of the factory for a week back in 2012, I can attest they do go straight.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5517651

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    I have no idea if this is to scale, but 190 Bibby vs 189 BG is something like this (BGs should be a tiny bit longer). Visit Blister for more photos of the Bibby/Wildcat/Blister Pro, or perhaps somebody in the Moment thread can help a fellow mag out. I also think Bibbys sport a tiny bit more camber, but not a whole lot.
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-08 kl. 09.24.23.png
Views: 721
Size:  230.2 KB

Also, I do not know about your Wrens, but none of my wrens have lots of camber - so they should be pretty similar to BGs in that respect - like 2mm or some such. 2mm is pretty minimal and with splay and rocker lines like both the BG and wrens they still float like crazy.

My outgoing w108 in 179 (identical to w114 and w88 if my memory serves me right)
    Name:  Skjermbilde 2019-01-08 kl. 09.40.09.png
Views: 727
Size:  317.9 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ON3P SKIS Discussion

190 Bibby left, 189 BG right

The Bibby is more like a stiffer Kartel 116 than a Billy Goat.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    The Bibby is more like a stiffer Kartel 116 than a Billy Goat.
    I haven't skied the K116 but I think this is right. More traditional sidecut (with shorter radius), progressive mount, full twin.

Had a killer day on my BGs yesterday in up to 15" fresh. Just my second time on them, so I'm still figuring them out, but man there were a number of lines when they just clicked and really blew away the Bibby in similar conditions. I have the 184 in both, and the BG is both a better charger in soft chop and also a better low angle meadow skipper. Lots of tight trees and the BG just pivots and slithers through so much better than the Bibby. The BGs take a lot less "hop" to release from turn to turn in tight spaces or lower angle powder. Something I now realize I had programed myself to do with the Bibby but isn't necessary with the BG.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	billy goat stoke.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	159.3 KB 
ID:	263440

I'd love to try a newer BG with the increased hard snow performance and also the new Bibby/Wildcat with the lighter core ...

but as of the 5-year old models: I thought the 190 Bibby was quite a bit more versatile on hard snow compared to 191 BGs (stiffer than stock), but quite a bit less chargey and fun in pow, especially tracked pow and deep, soft chop.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

I have the older 184 Bibby so no comparisons with the Wildcat, but you are correct 100%. The Bibby is far better at packed snow and more versatile because of that. The Billy Goat design trades that to be a better pure powder tool. The BG is "fine" in packed conditions but the design makes it somewhat funky on edge in packed stuff. Not sure if it's the RES or assym or both. Gets you back to the lift fine and edge hold is confident in steep firm approaches which is all I expected.

The Bibby is quite a fun carver in anything but bulletproof and could pretty easily be a 1 ski quiver for me in the PNW. But obviously, my preference is to not be in that situation. Not sure when or if the Bibbys will get any slope time in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

Finally got Bandit Jr out on his 174 goats. He loves them and was ripping on them today. Here we are in all of our fanboydom repping the PNW with the homegrown “magic skis”.
    Yo Bandit, please hit me up when Jr outgrows those 174s. My wife would love a pair since her 176 are getting shredded by the CO sharks.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    Yo Bandit, please hit me up when Jr outgrows those 174s. My wife would love a pair since her 176 are getting shredded by the CO sharks.
    Will do!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Seems like my wrens have a touch more than the BGs or even kapow's wrens.

It isn't a lot by any means, but definitely not an insignificant amount. Glad to see the goats may have a touch less

Idk how to make the photos uppy-downy instead of lefty-righty. Jong's gonna jong.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190108_145924.jpg 
Views:	116 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	263462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190108_145955.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	923.6 KB 
ID:	263463  

Quote Originally Posted by homeeey View Post
    The real deal are in great swap now $200 with Jestors, I'm not affiliated, but for those brave...I demo'd a pair out of the factory for a week back in 2012, I can attest they do go straight.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/....php?p=5517651
    it would be great to get these into the ski library. I'm content with my ON3P quiver.

I finally dared to take out some non rock skis this year and once again the Wren 98’s delivered! Such a fun and capable ski!

High pressure in the foreseeable future but hoping for some more snow before too long so more of the ON3P quiver can come out and play.

Hold on to you junk - stoke pics inbound!!!

Finally had a chance to ski last year's BGs in my backyard. Last year, they only saw time in Montana and Wyoming and fucking ruled. So much so that my much loved Bibbys are up for sale.

Good God, these skis are FKNA awesome-sauce, hold-my-dick, sexual chocolate radness. And then some.

Had a day on them prior to the New Year at Rossland in a nice storm cycle, followed by a day at Big Red Cats. They slayed. And yesterday, said fuck it to work and skied Meadows for the first time them. Bonerific. AND, it restored my faith in skiing the PNWet can actually be pretty rad.

Oh, and this idea that a Wren108 is good in pow? I mean, sure, I guess. But the BG will do everything better and be way more fun, especially in denser snow, as someone rightly pointed out. In fact, I skied my BGs and my W108 189 yesterday, back to back. And yes, the W108 will ski pow just fine, even the unusually light-ish snow that graced Meadows, but even then, the BG will annihilate cut-up pow and charge nearly as hard as the W108.

Now, if we were talking the old W113 with the flat tail, then yes. I had a pari for years I'd ski at Big Sky and Bridger when I lived there and they excelled at such things, especially when you wanted to rage and ski angry. They were great.

I do miss those sticks on occasion.

But the real props goes to that red fartbag!
    You should have been here yesterday!

I'd like to dig deeper into the pow capabilities of the BG. here's a little BG stoke i can provide pre-asym. Who's on the wren 114? And WTF can't I see Bobcats pics

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    I'd like to dig deeper into the pow capabilities of the BG. here's a little BG stoke i can provide pre-asym. Who's on the wren 114? And WTF can't I see Bobcats pics

I own and ski the Wren 114 regularly.
    You should have been here yesterday!

nice klauss! That looked like a lot of fun!

And yeah, I cannot see the Cats stoke pics either

I plan to use my w114s and k116s a whole lot It will be super interesting to compare them with my late BGs.

Klauss, I know I've asked you this before, but can you please teach me how to ski this year? I feel like I have more to offer now that my tailgating base camp is in the main lot every weekend. I can kick my kid out to make room for your family. He's seen your videos. He would understand (no joke, when scoping out features from the lift, he's like "I bet Klauss could jump that).

It would normally be cute/funny for an 11yr old kid to be enamored with the steeze, but the conversation tends to be fairly similar when Eric and I mention you.

Getting back on topic now... Who has a 318bsl and a later model BG/SG and would like to do some AB'ing at Mt hood? Planning on BBI Alpy as well.

Not sure the 190 Bibby is everything I dreamed it would be, but again, I don't really know how to ski, so it could be operator error. I only had the chance to demo BGs on spring slush/groom, but they felt intuitive for my driving style.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat Sig View Post
    Hold on to you junk - stoke pics inbound!!!

Finally had a chance to ski last year's BGs in my backyard. Last year, they only saw time in Montana and Wyoming and fucking ruled. So much so that my much loved Bibbys are up for sale.

Good God, these skis are FKNA awesome-sauce, hold-my-dick, sexual chocolate radness. And then some.

Had a day on them prior to the New Year at Rossland in a nice storm cycle, followed by a day at Big Red Cats. They slayed. And yesterday, said fuck it to work and skied Meadows for the first time them. Bonerific. AND, it restored my faith in skiing the PNWet can actually be pretty rad.

Oh, and this idea that a Wren108 is good in pow? I mean, sure, I guess. But the BG will do everything better and be way more fun, especially in denser snow, as someone rightly pointed out. In fact, I skied my BGs and my W108 189 yesterday, back to back. And yes, the W108 will ski pow just fine, even the unusually light-ish snow that graced Meadows, but even then, the BG will annihilate cut-up pow and charge nearly as hard as the W108.

Now, if we were talking the old W113 with the flat tail, then yes. I had a pari for years I'd ski at Big Sky and Bridger when I lived there and they excelled at such things, especially when you wanted to rage and ski angry. They were great.

I do miss those sticks on occasion.
    Wicked pics and stoke!

Would you comment on bg in lighter density snow? Considering it for chopped pow ski. I want something to destroy chopped pow and still be quick in the trees. I could use it to fill my quiver. I have a gap (based on width primarily) between 189cm kye 120s and 184cm devastators.

Bg vs. Other skis in lighter density chopped pow ?

Sent from my SM-G935V using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by skinipenem; 01-09-2019 at 09:33 AM.
    No matter where you go, there you are. - BB

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Getting back on topic now... Who has a 318bsl and a later model BG/SG and would like to do some AB'ing at Mt hood? Planning on BBI Alpy as well.
    i have a 317 bsl and ride BG’s on Mt. Hood. PM me sometime... headed up to T-Line today.

I’m not a big guy at 6’1” and 175 but the standard flex SG’s are amazing. I can’t imagine needing more float. They pivot quickly, are stable straightlining and destroy crud.

As long as there is a little softness ski the groomed ok as well.

Ice? Forget about it.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Yeah mattig we need to get some turns in. My 8 year old might be able to hang as we scope the mountain. I will be up most of the sundays in Jan/Feb as junior has snoblasters. The trick is finding something for my 5 year old when he comes up with me as he is more a north canyon / east rider level.

Quote Originally Posted by mattig View Post
    Klauss, I know I've asked you this before, but can you please teach me how to ski this year? I feel like I have more to offer now that my tailgating base camp is in the main lot every weekend. I can kick my kid out to make room for your family. He's seen your videos. He would understand (no joke, when scoping out features from the lift, he's like "I bet Klauss could jump that).

It would normally be cute/funny for an 11yr old kid to be enamored with the steeze, but the conversation tends to be fairly similar when Eric and I mention you.

Not sure the 190 Bibby is everything I dreamed it would be, but again, I don't really know how to ski, so it could be operator error. I only had the chance to demo BGs on spring slush/groom, but they felt intuitive for my driving style.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Mattig,

Not a lot to offer here, but I have have been riding the 191 Billy since first run and am now on 193 std layup SGs... I will be heading to Bach early April for my annual Bach/Bend trip and I believe you make it there every now and than and if it works I will have no problem lending for the day... I will have my 108 Wrens in tow as well...

Also, because of all the cred I give to several posters here I had to give the 190 Bibbys ago and bought a pair... Skied them for one day and never clicked and never knew what all the excitement was about... Skis were sold... No doubt they get major kudos on the board, but did not scratch the itch for this cat... Hell I own 191 116 Kartels as well and connected with them immediately so for me it must be an ON3P thing...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    Last edited by Undertow; 01-09-2019 at 10:21 PM.