Page 483 of 599 FirstFirst ... 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 ... LastLast
Results 12,051 to 12,075 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Santa freakin' delivered this year. BGT 110. 1762g in the 189 for anyone wondering
    Posts like these is starting to make it dawn on me that selling my BG108tours might have been an aweful mistake. Though a custom pair with the white eagle graphic wouldn't be poor replacement. Those look sensational!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Bunch of new onep’s,
    oh my - very nice!

Are those the custom softer wren110pros that somebody luckily bought so that I did not have to?

Quote Originally Posted by benk View Post
    Have there ever been runs of Pillowfights/Customs?
    Not that I've heard, but perhaps they'd be willing to make a run of them after the custom sale's many custom pairs and the most popular SKUs are back in stock if enough people want a pair. I dunno, but I think there was some chatter about making a run a while back before custom sales exploded this year.

Bunch of new onep’s, really excited to get on all of them, but the new jeffrey110 is gonna be sweet. Larger turn radius, 2300g per ski and mount is now closer to -5? Sweet

Attachment 398500
    MP, I just had my 192 118 BGs delivered with the black Wren 110Pro top sheets and they are so sexy…. But holyshit does the 110 Jeffrey make me all tingly inside…. To me one of their best top sheets…. Great looking quiver..:

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Bunch of new onep’s, really excited to get on all of them, but the new jeffrey110 is gonna be sweet. Larger turn radius, 2300g per ski and mount is now closer to -5? Sweet

Attachment 398500
    Gotta say I'm pretty curious about the new Jeff 110. I always thought I was more of a Wren skier, but the last couple of years I've really taken to skis with more progressive mount points. The new longer turn radius intrigues me too. My current inbounds daily driver is the Sickle which in a 186 size has very, very similar numbers to the new Jeffery 110. I love the flat camber aspect of Sickle, but would be stoked to give the new Jeffery a try one of these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Gotta say I'm pretty curious about the new Jeff 110. I always thought I was more of a Wren skier, but the last couple of years I've really taken to skis with more progressive mount points. The new longer turn radius intrigues me too. My current inbounds daily driver is the Sickle which in a 186 size has very, very similar numbers to the new Jeffery 110. I love the flat camber aspect of Sickle, but would be stoked to give the new Jeffery a try one of these days.
    I think a lot of people have slept on the mid-waisted Jeffrey. I have put so many days on the 108 in the last 2 years. Even pulling it in favor of my BG's, and I used it in waist deep blower the other day while my J118's are out of my hands. So capable and versatile from the park to pow. If you are the kind of skier that can comprehend not driving the shit out of the tips then it's a winner.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    You guys sure are good at confusing people.
    Between the information overload and pontification about how something skis without actually being on the ski. Sometimes this thread is useless.
    Training for Alpental

2014 BG is still the shizzle

I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Quote Originally Posted by whyturn View Post
    2014 BG is still the shizzle

+1

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    If you are the kind of skier that can comprehend not driving the shit out of the tips
    Sir, this is TGR

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I think a lot of people have slept on the mid-waisted Jeffrey. I have put so many days on the 108 in the last 2 years. Even pulling it in favor of my BG's, and I used it in waist deep blower the other day while my J118's are out of my hands. So capable and versatile from the park to pow. If you are the kind of skier that can comprehend not driving the shit out of the tips then it's a winner.
    I’ve been skiing “driving the shit outta my tips” skis (supernaturals) for the first handful of days this year cause we have no fucking snow in CO. Finally on my Jeff108s today which are my real DDs. Within two runs I am no longer feeling irrational lust for Woodsmans. God I love the way Jefferys ski. I feel like I can make them do anything I want, anytime, any place. So much confidence and fun.

That’s all.
    Last edited by EWG; 12-28-2021 at 08:41 PM.

Smile = Massive

Thank you, ULLR for the 25” of whiteness blasted into my grille.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	84F8AE2B-4709-4824-B860-09FACCA06412.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	398597

You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Smile = Massive

Name:	84F8AE2B-4709-4824-B860-09FACCA06412.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	398597

Cease and Desist days are the best kind of days.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Didn’t think it was possible…but today was even better.

But yesterday also was amazing. There are some CDs buried under this, I assure you pic: cmsummit

Name:	IMG_3146.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	398782

You should have been here yesterday!

Didn’t think it was possible…but today was even better.

But yesterday also was amazing. There are some CDs buried under this, I assure you pic: cmsummit

Name:	IMG_3146.JPG 
Views:	151 
Size:	396.1 KB 
ID:	398782

Hell yeah, get it! C&D’s never fail to disappoint me either!

I'm eager to tick off Day 1 on these WD110. I've only skied the WD on a single run before, and it was the older WD108.

Name:	20211229_214404~2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	398785

Thoughts on a rearward mount for the pair of 161 Jessie 102’s I picked up from my 5’ 3”, 115-lb daughter?

She’s a directional skier with 159 Blizzard Black Pearl 98’s as her DD. Thinking -1-cm or maybe even -2. Also kicking around mounting some Squire demos so we can play around with mount points.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    I'm eager to tick off Day 1 on these WD110. I've only skied the WD on a single run before, and it was the older WD108.

Name:	20211229_214404~2.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	795.7 KB 
ID:	398785
    Can’t wait to hear your thoughts

First day on WD 102 today, 187s stock core. Mounted recc - 1. No detune

A couple of hours on groomers that had recieved 5-15cm overnight. Some were freshly groomed, some were groomed before the snowfall.

- nimble, but not very slarvy
    - pretty forgiving, likes some forward pressure
    - good edgehold and ability to cut through when skied properly - especially on soft groomers
    - I belive they will float nicely for a 102 waist
    - didn't like pow bumps when flat on their soles
    - maybe a bit one-dimensional turn feel, liked one radius best
    - unsure about the tune, as some of the points above hints towards. Fine on soft and consistent snow, when hitting scraped of they felt ok if in a proper carve, but if slarving they felt "off". Slightly hooky and jerky, and for some reason the outside edge tried to force me into the splits when I hit a bump at a weird angle.

Will detune properly from contact points, but some of the jerkyness came from underfoot also.
    Slightly reminded me of the C&Ds I got that had no base bevel, but not as bad.

Compared to my Mantra 102s they had less edge hold, but also more "demanding" when not in a carve.

Edit: oh yeah. They are really poppy, not dead or planky at all. Probably excellent for side hits and whatnot

Quote Originally Posted by sf View Post
    First day on WD 102 today, 187s stock core. Mounted recc - 1. No detune

A couple of hours on groomers that had recieved 5-15cm overnight. Some were freshly groomed, some were groomed before the snowfall.

- nimble, but not very slarvy
    - pretty forgiving, likes some forward pressure
    - good edgehold and ability to cut through when skied properly - especially on soft groomers
    - I belive they will float nicely for a 102 waist
    - didn't like pow bumps when flat on their soles
    - maybe a bit one-dimensional turn feel, liked one radius best
    - unsure about the tune, as some of the points above hints towards. Fine on soft and consistent snow, when hitting scraped of they felt ok if in a proper carve, but if slarving they felt "off". Slightly hooky and jerky, and for some reason the outside edge tried to force me into the splits when I hit a bump at a weird angle.

Will detune properly from contact points, but some of the jerkyness came from underfoot also.
    Slightly reminded me of the C&Ds I got that had no base bevel, but not as bad.

Compared to my Mantra 102s they had less edge hold, but also more "demanding" when not in a carve.

Edit: oh yeah. They are really poppy, not dead or planky at all. Probably excellent for side hits and whatnot
    That sounds like a wonky tune.

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    That sounds like a woodsman.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    FIFY
    Well, yeah I was trying to be nice but that's how all the pairs I've tried have felt in addition to the notorious Wren108.

Smile = Massive

your excellent nsfw ullr thread contributions have been rewarded!
    north bound horse.

Sounds like tose woods just need the rockers detuned to fix any issue. Having sharp edges on zny of the rocker defeats the purpose of hzving rocker. Round'm znd go have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

nice PowTron - all time conditions over yonder!

Quote Originally Posted by TAFKALVS View Post
    Well, yeah I was trying to be nice but that's how all the pairs I've tried have felt in addition to the notorious Wren108.
    To be fair, the new 110s feel quite different compared to the old 108s - at least in the 182 length. My time on them is pretty limited yet in not the greatest conditions (I have also been skiing like shit), but they are a lot more easy going than the OG WD108s. The tails are def on the mellower side of the spectrum. I can't really compare them to MF108s yet, but first impression is that they are closer to MF108s than both first gen 108s and wood108tours were. Actually, my first impressions of the new tails is so favorable that I have been thinking about asking Iggy to start thinking about a 118 version, preferably with the XavierD graphic

I am also very pleasantly suprised by wood96s. They are great. I can actually feel the difference between their old core tails (they are still a fair bit softer than og wd108 tails) and the new 110s - the new core layup feels a bit different. I def prefer wood96s to Rustler10s on groomers.

I've been less impressed with my travel quiver - aka wood102+wood110 in 50/50 layup with Tectons. I think the issue there is a difference in ramp angle comparing Tectons to Cast, not anything that the skis do that is wonky or that their tune is off. I love how Cast skis, whereas Tectons not so much - so there is something there that causes it I believe. Time will tell. It is almost like I can't ski when I use them on groomers, though they ski soft snow off piste better. I mean, my technique is shit at the best of times, but with these I ski like a (insert person who have never skied living in a country with no snow skiing fo the first time). I am leaning towards remounting the 102s with Cast as a part of the quiver consolidation project.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts SF - much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Sounds like tose woods just need the rockers detuned to fix any issue. Having sharp edges on zny of the rocker defeats the purpose of hzving rocker. Round'm znd go have fun.

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    I have a day on WD 102's. They gave me memories of the OG Vicik, but a little more easy going. Heavily detuned rocker sections.
    Training for Alpental

I have a day on WD 102's. They gave me memories of the OG Vicik, but a little more easy going. Heavily detuned rocker sections.
    Yeah, the ski itself seems to be pretty easy going. But something made them a little off at times, inconsistent.

Will detune heavily, and hope to get them out in more suitable conditions soon