Page 301 of 333 FirstFirst ... 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 ... LastLast
Results 7,501 to 7,525 of 8303
  1. #7501
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    208
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0071.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	304692

    Not enough snow in WA to try these out yet.

  2. #7502
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    7

    kartel 98

    rode a pair of kartels for several days last season, would recommend if you can find them at a decent price. Worth the money for durability alone.

  3. #7503
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Montucky
    Posts
    1,245

    ON3P SKIS Discussion

    Whatís the typical weight savings on a 184 billy / 108 wren / Woodsman if you go with the soft core and carbon in the On3p custom ski layup?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

  4. #7504
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Edwards
    Posts
    16
    Hey Iggy how do we go about getting a Wren 114 built... email? I don’t see an option in the custom shop.

  5. #7505
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Whatís the typical weight savings on a 184 billy / 108 wren / Woodsman if you go with the soft core and carbon in the On3p custom ski layup?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I'm also curious about this and how they ski.
    Two more skip the last.

  6. #7506
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    212
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0071.JPG 
Views:	338 
Size:	384.9 KB 
ID:	304692

    Not enough snow in WA to try these out yet.
    Those look awesome. I keep coming back to the skinny Wren or WM to fill this spot in the touring quiver - grams be damned! Please let the naysayers of the world know how rad they are once you've put some miles on them.

  7. #7507
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,827
    Iggy
    Any chance youll be laying up more 179 bg's in the near future? Maybe you have some blems buried somewhere? Or steeple 116's

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  8. #7508
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,030
    Quote Originally Posted by EdwardsSki View Post
    Hey Iggy how do we go about getting a Wren 114 built... email? I donít see an option in the custom shop.
    Just order a Custom Wren 108 or Wren 108 TI and in the notes put that you want the 114 or 114 TI instead. We have all the molds.

    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Iggy
    Any chance youll be laying up more 179 bg's in the near future? Maybe you have some blems buried somewhere? Or steeple 116's
    Errr....most of our mid volume models are not looking good for restocks right now. So...all BG and Jeffrey 116, long sizes in popular models (192cm Woodsman 108, 191cm Jeffrey 108, 186cm Magnus 90), any Wrens, any Jessies, Charlie Murphys - what we have is going to be it for the foreseeable future.

    Maybe some of these will get rebuilt by late Jan but we're basically building 10 SKUs right now. I think evo, Next, and Powder 7 have 179cm BGs so very possible those are the last pairs of the season. No Steeples around.

    Quote Originally Posted by SUPERIOR View Post
    Whatís the typical weight savings on a 184 billy / 108 wren / Woodsman if you go with the soft core and carbon in the On3p custom ski layup?
    Are you talking tour profile? Or 19oz Glass + less carbon?
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  9. #7509
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,827
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Just order a Custom Wren 108 or Wren 108 TI and in the notes put that you want the 114 or 114 TI instead. We have all the molds.



    Errr....most of our mid volume models are not looking good for restocks right now. So...all BG and Jeffrey 116, long sizes in popular models (192cm Woodsman 108, 191cm Jeffrey 108, 186cm Magnus 90), any Wrens, any Jessies, Charlie Murphys - what we have is going to be it for the foreseeable future.

    Maybe some of these will get rebuilt by late Jan but we're basically building 10 SKUs right now. I think evo, Next, and Powder 7 have 179cm BGs so very possible those are the last pairs of the season. No Steeples around.



    Are you talking tour profile? Or 19oz Glass + less carbon?
    Ok thanks. Wanted to check with you guys first before i bought at a store

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  10. #7510
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    ... or 114 TI instead....

  11. #7511
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Portland by way of Bozeman
    Posts
    2,899
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I skied my Woodsmen 108s today. They are really good skis. It's a ski that doesn't need to rage, but still can be skied pretty hard. Not as hard as my Wren 112s, but they don't kick me in the dick at speeds under 40mph like the Wrens do. I like 'em.
    Came here for this information and as per usual, TGR delivers.

    Basically, I've been looking to replace my Salomon Rocker2 108s that I sold a few years ago - an easy ski for mild storm days and those mornings when there's only a few inches inches of new. Thought I wanted this new ski more durables than the R2 108s. Perhaps this new Woodsman is it?

  12. #7512
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Just order a Custom Wren 108 or Wren 108 TI and in the notes put that you want the 114 or 114 TI instead. We have all the molds.



    Errr....most of our mid volume models are not looking good for restocks right now. So...all BG and Jeffrey 116, long sizes in popular models (192cm Woodsman 108, 191cm Jeffrey 108, 186cm Magnus 90), any Wrens, any Jessies, Charlie Murphys - what we have is going to be it for the foreseeable future.

    Maybe some of these will get rebuilt by late Jan but we're basically building 10 SKUs right now. I think evo, Next, and Powder 7 have 179cm BGs so very possible those are the last pairs of the season. No Steeples around.



    Are you talking tour profile? Or 19oz Glass + less carbon?
    Whatís the tour profile? didnít see it listed on the website

  13. #7513
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    84
    Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Ok thanks. Wanted to check with you guys first before i bought at a store

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app
    Next Adventure has a 179 Billy Goat. Theyíre in the furthest aisle from the boot section, buried behind a Magnus and some Woodsman 116s

  14. #7514
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    in the trench
    Posts
    9,827
    Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Next Adventure has a 179 Billy Goat. Theyíre in the furthest aisle from the boot section, buried behind a Magnus and some Woodsman 116s
    Next adventure check. Thanks

    Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

  15. #7515
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    84
    114 TI is on the menu now? THANKS

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using TGR Forums mobile app

  16. #7516
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    186
    Quote Originally Posted by rainy512day View Post
    Whatís the tour profile? didnít see it listed on the website
    Rainyday is right, I don't see the tour layup as an option any anymore, on the mobile site at least.....

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  17. #7517
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Rainyday is right, I don't see the tour layup as an option any anymore, on the mobile site at least.....

    Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    At this time, not set up as an option on the custom builder. But can still be done on Jeffrey/Wren/BG. Just ask in the notes on checkout.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  18. #7518
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Portland, OR
    Posts
    723
    Has anyone gotten out on the Wren 108 Ti yet?

  19. #7519
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Golden, CO
    Posts
    1,901
    Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Has anyone gotten out on the Wren 108 Ti yet?
    Powtron had em last year and IIRC he posted up some positive comments and comparison.

  20. #7520
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    1,297
    Missiles. Jebus. Why bother with side cut at all


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    The Charmed app lets you tinder for your friends

  21. #7521
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    PDX
    Posts
    34
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    At this time, not set up as an option on the custom builder. But can still be done on Jeffrey/Wren/BG. Just ask in the notes on checkout.
    Any plans for a tour layup Woodsman 108/116 in the foreseeable future?

  22. #7522
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,030
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey311 View Post
    Any plans for a tour layup Woodsman 108/116 in the foreseeable future?
    Yes but tour update across the board going to be a bit.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  23. #7523
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Yes but tour update across the board going to be a bit.
    But when that comes out, it'll be a 1300 g, 189 (only) BG that skis exactly like a 2300g ski, right? That's what I've gathered from this thread.

  24. #7524
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    135
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    ditto. Will hopefully ride wren96s and wren96tis back to back. If so, then I 'll give some first impressions Very excited to get on them to say the least.

    eSock - what happened with the pic of those sweet cat camo ones above? I can see them in all their glory in the quiver thread, but not in this thread. Too bad, as they look awesome

    Thanks for spreading the Woodsman stoke! Sounds just about perfection wrt what I was looking for!
    Trigger finger getting itchy with 2 pairs of the 189 Wren Ti left. Will they let me ski fast enough I can seriously injure myself and kill any small children unlucky enough to be on the mountain in front of me? How damp are they? Is the flex Aever approved?

  25. #7525
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Big Guy Country
    Posts
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by DumbIdeasOnly View Post
    Trigger finger getting itchy with 2 pairs of the 189 Wren Ti left. Will they let me ski fast enough I can seriously injure myself and kill any small children unlucky enough to be on the mountain in front of me? How damp are they? Is the flex Aever approved?
    I haven't found the top end yet...I'm 5'9/165 and ski the 184.

    It's a very damp ski by any manufacturer's standards, but as far as stiffness goes, it's actually slightly more longitudinally forgiving and has a rounder flex than the stock wren due to the thinner core profile made to accommodate the metal construction.

    That being said, the rounder flex makes it easier for me (than stock) to deliberately manipulate turn shape at higher speeds, especially in SF conditions.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •