Page 457 of 599 FirstFirst ... 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 ... LastLast
Results 11,401 to 11,425 of 14970
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    YES

And just got my shipping notice on the new goats!

Quote Originally Posted by edgecatcher View Post
    As for the binding mounting point, I heard that -1.5 from true center is a good spot for park on ON3Ps but I am wondering how well would that mounting point fit what I want to do. Thanks!
    Iggyskier aka their designer, has stated that Jeffs like all ON3Ps are best at recommended, but where they can be mounted at within +/-2cm from recommended too.

If you want to go further forward than that then the Jeff is probably not the correct ski for you, and you should wait for the 2022 park lineup to be launched. It will probably not be that long. The 2022 graphics for the various Jeffs is supposed to launch next week.

That being said, if you decide to go down the park ski route, as you are going to use them all over the mountain you might be better served with skis without park detune underfoot (the stock option for the park lineup the last ferw years). As such you also could consider ordering a park ski through customs and opting out of the park detune . That way you can also swap top sheets and or alter the flex and whatnot if you see fit (based on advice from ON3P re below). It'll end up costing a few dollars more now during the custom sale, how much depends on what you change - but not a lot (20usd) if you choose the stock options.

I would reach out to ON3P directly for their take on what skis you should buy and where you specifically you should mount them. Their advice is usually spot on. Most people that are active in this thread do not ski a ton of park, and the advice over at NS can be a bit unnuanced from some of the kids (mount everything center / -whatever, it is the shit I tell you!), if still stellar from the old timers.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    YES

And just got my shipping notice on the new goats!
    Nice - can't wait to see some photos. There have been some photos in ON3P's stream on Insta featuring the dazzle tops I think - such a nice design.

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    The custom black that's offered now isn't really solid black anymore, right? It's got the same waves in it that you can see a bit easier in the builder when selecting a custom teal or pink, right? And it's still the same matte "topcoat" effect that all the other topsheets have right?
    the fishbone pattern is stock on all the various one color top sheets yes. If if you look on the stock Jeffreys that are offered in black it is clearly visible. It looks really nice.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-08-28 kl. 10.33.47.png 
Views:	138 
Size:	531.0 KB 
ID:	383797

The textured topsheets are stock across the entire range.

Black, textured tops.

Name:	20210828_064140.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	1.85 MB 
ID:	383801Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210828_064204.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	383802

WHAT ARE THOSE

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    WHAT ARE THOSE

That's a Billy goat top sheet from 4-5 (?)years ago. That one was my 1st BG experience.

Shiet, never seen those topsheets before. They're beauts.

it is the 15/16 BG graphic.

And agreed, it is probably my favorite ON3P graphic ever (possibly tied with a few CD graphics).

They should do a run BGs with all the past BG graphics. They range from very good to outstanding imho. The BG's graphic game is usually strong as hell, again possibly only topped by the CDs - it is hard to beat evil shit.

My understanding on past graphics is... gasp... all older files (pre-2020) were deleted. So only throwbacks available for custom option would be from 2020, and 2021 lineups. In addition to a very few that were saved, this 15/16 BG being one of them. Breaks my heart. Would love to be proved wrong on this.

oh - that is freaking terrible news if so, skiing art history lost in the electronic netherworld of overwritten/deleted.

I remember it being mentioned on NS as well (that the files of some older graphics had been lost, and that the graphic in question thus was no longer available for customs).

I may be mistaken, but I remember reading that graphics pre ~2017 were mostly lost. Too bad, 13/14-15/16 were some of the best ON3P graphics.

The 15/16 BG is my favorite of all time. Only seen it in person once. I bet it would look beautiful with white sidewalls.

Posted for sale in GS

Name:	IMG_6692.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	176.8 KB 
ID:	383961

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

There are surely more files out there, tucked away on some hard drive, but generally we have most everything from 2017 forward. We do have some other files from 2012-2017, though, so you can always ask and we'll check. At some point here we might put a page up that has all the available topsheets so people can see what is available, just haven't had time as of yet.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I've been skiing blacks and double blacks until I got more into park skiing two years ago. Before, I just used rental skis which were meant for all mountain (and were mounted really far back from true center) to jump and do safeties with as well as fail 360s in the park. After getting really into park and deciding on ON3Ps, I saved up enough to buy them. I'm thinking of buying the Jefferey 102s since they aren't too wide and are great for park as well as all mountain. I'm a little under 5' 11" and weigh about 140lbs. If I want to do butters and spins while also having some stability on blacks, what length should I get? As for the binding mounting point, I heard that -1.5 from true center is a good spot for park on ON3Ps but I am wondering how well would that mounting point fit what I want to do. Thanks!
    I'd go 181cm so you had a size you could grow into a bit. There are some people your size going 176cm as more of a park specific ski (and definitely more numbers than going longer).

We tell people skiing them to go up to +2cm from recommended if you want something more park oriented.

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    That's a Billy goat top sheet from 4-5 (?)years ago. That one was my 1st BG experience.
    I very much enjoyed someone at SIA telling me it would be cooler if the map was BC and not Oregon (the reasons for which it was Oregon were clearly not evident).

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    At some point here we might put a page up that has all the available topsheets so people can see what is available, just haven't had time as of yet.
    You def should, and sooner rather than later, even if it is "just" a list of available designs referring to the catalogues hosted on Issuu.

It would probably decrease the number of questions you get concerning graphics and not exactly hurt sales, though I guess it also could create a bit of desicion paralysis and people jumping between designs. But with such an amazing catalogue of incredible graphics it is def a good idea.

Name:	IMG_1520.JPG 
Views:	289 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	384003Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1522.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	257.2 KB 
ID:	384004

110 Woods delivered today - flex has def changed compared to the OG 108s I just sold…. As always top notch quality and service - have t is an absolute stunner…

Quick comparison to other skis? Re flex

Are the Woods 187 next to 182 MF?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

sf, they def flex softer compared to my 108 Wrens and stiffer than my Kartels…. They flex very similar to the Nordica Enforcer series - just a very nice balanced flex that has some firmness to them but by no means a stout stiff flex…

B10, these are 192 110s and 192 MFree 108s…

Stiffness of Jeffereys

How would you guys rate the stiffness of the Jefferey 102 stock? I'm wondering if I should get one with a softer flex to do butters easier since when I tried doing them on rental Salomon QST 85s, I needed to put in a lot of effort to get the nose up. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    sf, they def flex softer compared to my 108 Wrens and stiffer than my Kartels…. They flex very similar to the Nordica Enforcer series - just a very nice balanced flex that has some firmness to them but by no means a stout stiff flex…

B10, these are 192 110s and 192 MFree 108s…

Cool. A pair of 102s are pretty tempting. Was planning to pick up a pair of Rustler 9s for a playful DD, but maybe the 102 will do the same, while still being able to replace my old Wren102s as well

How would you guys rate the stiffness of the Jefferey 102 stock? I'm wondering if I should get one with a softer flex to do butters easier since when I tried doing them on rental Salomon QST 85s, I needed to put in a lot of effort to get the nose up. Thanks!
    Butter is for toast. Get the red ones.

I would just chat directly with ON3P and have them give their take - most of the mags active in this thread are not avid park skiers, not like the same thread over at Newschoolers. (red ones = standing joke on TGR, when in doubt always go with the red one if possible, it is superior / faster - after all it is red!)

Also, QST85s are vastly different skis than Jeffrey102s though, so they will feel very, very different on snow.

My 2cents without being a park skier nor having skied the jeff102 (but kartel98s and 108s - the jeffrey before it was called the jeffrey again) - max butteriness through going softer is probably the way to go for you, at least given the little info you provide (I read you as a novice skier who are looking for your first dedicated ski and want it to be geared towards park skiing). It is def worth the 20+30usd extra through customs now, plus you get to choose your graphics of the stock ones on offer without any added cost! ON3Ps are usually stout underfoot and are loose due to their rockered shape, so if you are somewhat new to buttering and park skiing, then custom softer is def not wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I would just chat directly with ON3P and have them give their take - most of the mags active in this thread are not avid park skiers, not like the same thread over at Newschoolers. (red ones = standing joke on TGR, when in doubt always go with the red one if possible, it is superior / faster - after all it is red!)

Also, QST85s are vastly different skis than Jeffrey102s though, so they will feel very, very different on snow.

My 2cents without being a park skier nor having skied the jeff102 (but kartel98s and 108s - the jeffrey before it was called the jeffrey again) - max butteriness through going softer is probably the way to go for you, at least given the little info you provide (I read you as a novice skier who are looking for your first dedicated ski and want it to be geared towards park skiing). It is def worth the 20+30usd extra through customs now, plus you get to choose your graphics of the stock ones on offer without any added cost! ON3Ps are usually stout underfoot and are loose due to their rockered shape, so if you are somewhat new to buttering and park skiing, then custom softer is def not wrong.
    The ability to butter is not purely in the flex of the ski but in the tip and tail splay. Depending on the OP's size the stock layup would be fine.
    Training for Alpental