Page 353 of 593 FirstFirst ... 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... LastLast
Results 8,801 to 8,825 of 14818
    Anyone else wondering when the new skis that say "Dropping July 6" will, ya know, drop? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post
    Anyone else wondering when the new skis that say "Dropping July 6" will, ya know, drop? Just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Most 2021 drops likely pushed about 5 days or so from listed drop date. Will work through all those dates tomorrow. With Covid, most everything starting late so going to be a bit of a strange line launch, but it is what it is. With that, Jeffrey should be up Friday. Graphically, bit louder this year, so hopefully people like it.

The most recent I’ve seen is on NS where Iggy mentioned they are on a ~10 day delay from listed dates.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by jeremiahyawnson View Post
    bruh, the man lost his cat.

And to be honest, it’s pretty incredible they are that close to the timeline. When I put my dog down I could barely dress myself for at least a month, let alone run a company, during a pandemic, with supply chain changes, and core changes, and still respond to questions on TGR/NS, etc...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Teagle could possibly be my fav Eagle Design to date.
    You should have been here yesterday!

Want:

Put the order in for these back in March. Bout the same ski you just listed. Now I wait for snow and skis.

Model: Billy Goat
    Size: 193cm
    Topsheet: Wood Wolf
    Base: Woodland
    Sidewall: Black
    Fiberglass: 22oz Stock
    Carbon Fiber: Stiffer
    Edge Tune: Factory Tune
    Tail Shape: Stock Tail
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Wow, nice

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    bruh, the man lost his cat.
    Sorry for jongin' it up, I didn't read the entire thread. Just came here to get a quick answer. That sucks to hear about the cat. Saw the different dates for different models (June 26 vs July 6) and thought maybe it was a transposition error.

Thanks for the quick response guys. Super jealous of the setup Norseman. Leaning towards a similar 184 version to assist with my weak ass dad-knees on the switchbacks. No need for fireworks anymore, just gotta do a couple of squats.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Put the order in for these back in March. Bout the same ski you just listed. Now I wait for snow and skis.

Model: Billy Goat
    Size: 193cm
    Topsheet: Wood Wolf
    Base: Woodland
    Sidewall: Black
    Fiberglass: 22oz Stock
    Carbon Fiber: Stiffer
    Edge Tune: Factory Tune
    Tail Shape: Stock Tail
    Hawt!

I keep getting tempted by the super goats. I’ll see how I get along with the new skis I already purchased and haven’t used first...

I really want a pair of super goats but I own Wren 114’s which are my favorite skis and daily resort setup. A cease and desist would likely add more to the quiver. The conditions where the Super Goat would do better than the Wren and Cease and Desist seem limited.

The most logical ski to add is a Wren 102 ti for firm days but I’m not sitting here dreaming of all of the low tide days next winter...

Are they out of wood top sheets?

I hope not. Ordered mine in March and got a promo email last week that they would run out soon and they had a discount code in that email for customs. Said they were going to have supply issues for wood and once current supply is gone, they will be out for the foreseeable future. I emailed the question and haven’t heard back. I’m sure with what Iggy has going on, launching new lines, COVID etc they are slammed. I’m patient. Won’t want to ski them until Dec if resorts are even open.

Brothers

Just mounted up the Woodsman. Checked the bases for the bevel issue some have had, they look to be perfect.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I’m doing my summer ski quiver pondering. I have two soft snow setups already Wren 114 and Line Pescado’s. I like both, I’ve bought and sold a lot of skis and settled on those being the two I like most.

Looking to try a RES ski.

For people who’ve skied both, when is a Billy Goat better than a Cease and Desist? If there are three inches of new Snow I’ll likely just Grab the Wrens. Crazy deep and tight terrain, the Pescado’s will likely be in play. Mainly looking for something that has most of the backbone of the Wren, that’s a little more soft snow specific and pivots easier in tight spots. Good snow days skiing bigger mountains.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    For people who’ve skied both, when is a Billy Goat better than a Cease and Desist?
    IMHO and ymmv and all that:

It’s better when there’s less than a foot of fresh.

It’s better when things get tracked out and super choppy and starts to bump out.

It’s better when it’s heavy high moisture snow and you want to haul ass through manky debris and chunder.

It’s better when you have long lift returns with required groomers and bumps en route.

agreed, other than that C&Ds might do groomers better than they ought to.

Wren114s and BGs compliment each other really well imho -> wren114s for charging, BGs when you want the tails to release a bit easier (tighter terrain or denser snow) and you do not want to drive the tips as much (BG's tails wash out if you drive the tips hard). They ski quite differently imho.

Then again, I imagine Pescados and C&Ds compliment each other well as well, though a wren114 + C&D quiver remake might make the most sense if you want to remain at two pairs for less overlap. I have not tried Pescados, though C&Ds should do deep snow no less well.

BGs and C&Ds are both amazing skis, though if I had to choose between them (for where I live - we get a ton of snow) I would opt for C&Ds.

re
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post

And that is saying a lot as I am extremely fond of BGs on everything but ice.

(sorry about the repost - these two pairs just make me so stoked. One full season later the BGs look brand new in spite of heavy rotation, while the C&Ds are at 9/10 where the only marks are due to scrathes on the glossy top sheet (tails) - would've been 10/10 with the matte top sheets The amount of abuse ON3Ps can take is just rediculous. I considered picking up a spare pair of BGs during the 2020 sale, but what is the point? This pair will be good for many a year yet. )
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-18-2020 at 08:01 PM.

^those BGs = Beyond Gorgeous
    Uno mas

Last day of the season, glorious slush. The season ended as it started, on ON3Ps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_DSC_03412222222222.jpg 
Views:	142 
Size:	321.2 KB 
ID:	335057

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_DSC_0340.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	185.3 KB 
ID:	335058

Good feedback from everyone.

Sounds like both are awesome setups and would be beneficial in different ways. My main worry with the Billy goat was to much overlap with my Wrens but it sounds like they would each have their days.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    agreed, other than that C&Ds might do groomers better than they ought to.

Wren114s and BGs compliment each other really well imho -> wren114s for charging, BGs when you want the tails to release a bit easier (tighter terrain or denser snow) and you do not want to drive the tips as much (BG's tails wash out if you drive the tips hard). They ski quite differently imho.

Then again, I imagine Pescados and C&Ds compliment each other well as well, though a wren114 + C&D quiver remake might make the most sense if you want to remain at two pairs for less overlap. I have not tried Pescados, though C&Ds should do deep snow no less well.

BGs and C&Ds are both amazing skis, though if I had to choose between them (for where I live - we get a ton of snow) I would opt for C&Ds.

re

And that is saying a lot as I am extremely fond of BGs on everything but ice.

(sorry about the repost - these two pairs just make me so stoked. One full season later the BGs look brand new in spite of heavy rotation, while the C&Ds are at 9/10 where the only marks are due to scrathes on the glossy top sheet (tails) - would've been 10/10 with the matte top sheets The amount of abuse ON3Ps can take is just rediculous. I considered picking up a spare pair of BGs during the 2020 sale, but what is the point? This pair will be good for many a year yet. )

I also tried a bunch and stll own Pescados, 189 c&d's, and 191 Billy's.

I've never skied Wrens. I use Moment Belafontes and MX98' for charging (yes there is a lot of overlap on those two but that is different thread).

I think the most overlap on my bigger skis is the two ON3Ps. (Vs c&d/Pescados) The C&D are great at skiing fast in open untracked and the Billy's are best in untracked trees and cut up snow. The C&D is stiffer (newer build) and has a more serious personality than either of the other two. The Line skis are light, poppy, playful, soft & carve better on groomers. They aren't much fun if things get rough.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I’m doing my summer ski quiver pondering. I have two soft snow setups already Wren 114 and Line Pescado’s. I like both, I’ve bought and sold a lot of skis and settled on those being the two I like most.

Looking to try a RES ski.

For people who’ve skied both, when is a Billy Goat better than a Cease and Desist? Mainly looking for something that has most of the backbone of the Wren, that’s a little more soft snow specific and pivots easier in tight spots. Good snow days skiing bigger mountains.
    You just described the billy goat. Billy goat is better on firm snow. Otherwise, really similar rides. Wet heavy snow, I like the C and D slightly more - the added buoyancy is nice in that scenario. Or balls deep pow, obviously the fatter ride is preferable. Breakable crust, glacier snow, prefer the BG. If you dig the wren and the pescado, even the fabled RES might not make you want to sell those...

But I doubt it. Not to turn this into another BG thread, but that ski doesn’t have an equal in soft snow. Likely all the rageability of the wren with most of the smeariness of the pescado.

Another way to look at it - which size class needs another ski in your quiver?

Or still another way. In Which size class do you want to keep hunting for a replacement?
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

I see it as:

BG optimized for resort pow/chop

C&D optimized for untracked