Page 538 of 599 FirstFirst ... 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 ... LastLast
Results 13,426 to 13,450 of 14969
    The tour layup skis amazing, as a touring ski. I have two pairs and I can't think of any other ski that I've tried that hits the sweet spot of lightweight yet still skis well like ON3P's tour layup.

That said, I've never skied them inbounds and have no interest in doing so as I hate lighter skis in the resort.

^^this. *touring

Sent from my SM-A536W using TGR Forums mobile app

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    The tour layup skis amazing, as a touring ski. I have two pairs and I can't think of any other ski that I've tried that hits the sweet spot of lightweight yet still skis well like ON3P's tour layup.

That said, I've never skied them inbounds and have no interest in doing so as I hate lighter skis in the resort.
    I have had a few days on my 108 BG Tours in the resort (with attack demo bindings on them).

They hold their own, and do well in soft snow but they definitely chatter and get thrown around. On wider Pow specific ski (BG or C&D) I think it’d be fine, but for skiing any real variable, ice, or hardpack - definitely wouldn’t want it. Certainly not for the Woodsmen 102. Not much fun. (That being said, they are still better than many other touring layups for the resort)

Also, can I make a request to bring back the 191 asym banana rocker (2018?) Cease and Desists? I love my current pair so much I want another haha. Been skiing them in Tahoe with the massive storms we got the past few weeks, and man are they fun. Soo fast and confidence inspiring, and yet so quick side to side. In really deep heavy wet snow, they make such a big difference over almost any other ski. Most people have a bad time, even with standard 115mm waist type Pow skis, but the C&D’s are like trampolines, just gliding and popping over everything. I got fresh tracks all day because they allowed me to keep enough speed to get over to terrain most people couldn’t.

Does ON3P ever offer custom skis with old profiles?

Oar newer planks with old top sheets?
    watch out for snakes

SB have a look at their Retro topsheets on custom builder

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I have had a few days on my 108 BG Tours in the resort (with attack demo bindings on them).

They hold their own, and do well in soft snow but they definitely chatter and get thrown around. On wider Pow specific ski (BG or C&D) I think it’d be fine, but for skiing any real variable, ice, or hardpack - definitely wouldn’t want it. Certainly not for the Woodsmen 102. Not much fun. (That being said, they are still better than many other touring layups for the resort)

Also, can I make a request to bring back the 191 asym banana rocker (2018?) Cease and Desists? I love my current pair so much I want another haha. Been skiing them in Tahoe with the massive storms we got the past few weeks, and man are they fun. Soo fast and confidence inspiring, and yet so quick side to side. In really deep heavy wet snow, they make such a big difference over almost any other ski. Most people have a bad time, even with standard 115mm waist type Pow skis, but the C&D’s are like trampolines, just gliding and popping over everything. I got fresh tracks all day because they allowed me to keep enough speed to get over to terrain most people couldn’t.

I’m about to list a pair of all black asym 189cm C&D for sale. I think they are 21 models? One day of use, one mount. Pretty damn minty. I just haven’t gotten a post up because I have a lot of gear to list. PM if interested and I’ll get some pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    I don't think so. I would 100% buy a 2014 191 Caylor in a tour layup and probably also a C&D in the tour layup before they reduced the rocker to be the same as the BG.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by telemarek View Post
    Just scored a pair of 187 Woodsman 102 w/ clear topsheet. Had a SW blem.

One thing is, they have the Tour layup. I have never been interested in buying the tour layup, or quite frankly a 102mm DD, but had a few extra beers that night, it was a screamin deal, and that clear top sheet looks so damn good......

Any one have insight on how the tours skis, having trouble finding much info or reviews online. Shit having trouble finding info on the Wood102 in general.

I will be Teleing them (I know you don't care) but I tele like I downhill. My other tele skis are OG (2011) 193 Bibby pros, 190 Mindbender Ti and 189 Megawatts.
    if you end up not digging these, i've been interested in adding something along these lines to the quiver to augment touring on my J108s...

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I don't think so. I would 100% buy a 2014 191 Caylor in a tour layup and probably also a C&D in the tour layup before they reduced the rocker to be the same as the BG.
    are you liking that ski? i may have missed. it is not light hah

Quote Originally Posted by RudyGarmisch View Post

These skis are too much fun. Jeffrey 118 Tour.
    Someone else on the Jeff tour train! I have a Jeff 110 with the stiff/tour layup to compliment my inbounds stiff/regular Jeff’s. What layup did you end up with and how do you like it? I also want to get a 118 tour to compliment my resort Jeff 118 but was unsure if I wanted the stiff layup since it’s a soft snow ski.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Can anyone comment on mango 110 all mountain performance? Are they much different from the kartels? From the specs a mango 110 186 vs. a jeffrey 110 186 are pretty similar (just a little smaller overall)

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    Can anyone comment on mango 110 all mountain performance? Are they much different from the kartels? From the specs a mango 110 186 vs. a jeffrey 110 186 are pretty similar (just a little smaller overall)
    Curious about this as well. One thing I don't see mentioned in the specs are the tune. Might be wrong but I think Mangos come with a slightly different, more park focused tune. Wonder if it applies to the Mango 110s.

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Curious about this as well. One thing I don't see mentioned in the specs are the tune. Might be wrong but I think Mangos come with a slightly different, more park focused tune. Wonder if it applies to the Mango 110s.
    Description on the site says factory tune for 110s, as opposed to park detune for 90/100

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    The mount point of mango110s is forward of jeff110s, center or -2 (can't recall) to the jeff's -4.something.

I would go jeff unless you plan to swerve the shit out of the mountain on your rare voyage outside of the park/urban on a wider ski (aka how mango skis).

A center mounted 110 ski is a very specific tool for a specific kind of rider imho, whereas the jeff110 actually fits a lot more riders than the mount point suggests. Jeffs do very well as an all mountain ride for skiers with a more upright/modern stance who likes progressively mounted skis. Jeff110s are awesome at everything from larking about, boosting off stuff to going pretty damn fast. Their reputation as a killeer ski is more than deserved.

neither should come with the park tune (detuned underfoot for rails) as standard.

Wanted to give props to the ON3P crew on a job well done for the Charlie Murphy’s. Cascade Jr had his “best day ever” in some shallow snow playing hooky with me today. He felt like a big kid and charged well on a +13 cm length bump. Including checking off the next more difficult chair at the resort.
    Huge high-5 to Norseman! This was an older pair making the rounds (holding up well) but think we’ll order factory on his next bump as a result. He was stoked to be on ON3Ps like dad..
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9831.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	1.17 MB 
ID:	444853Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9834.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	444854

Word.

No sense in those dope lil skis sitting in my garage!

I've been meaning to post these. Wren tour, picked them up during the custom sale over the offseason, haven't gotten around to mounting them yet. 96 under the boot, 184 tip to tail cause i'm a basic bitch.

Big shout out to kid-kapow for helping convince me I need yet another pair of sticks, it didn't take much. No wife to worry about so fuck it. Life's short, Ski fast.

Name:	Custom WrensFront.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	444879Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom WrensBack.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	444880

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    He was stoked to be on ON3Ps like dad..
    #winning

Quote Originally Posted by Ski_ppy View Post
    Big shout out to kid-kapow for helping convince me I need yet another pair of sticks, it didn't take much. No wife to worry about so fuck it. Life's short, Ski fast.
    Enabling good life decisions in the form of buying skis is a speciality of mine Can't wait to hear how you two get along. Wren96tours should be awesome

PSA: Stupidly cheap old Caylors on the front range. Not my ad.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ibextid=6ojiHh

Not ideal, but had fun at beer league. 191 Jeffrey 108

Name:	847A8A3B-F0F2-4EC3-82D2-D51ECB841D45_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	712.2 KB 
ID:	444917

Hey woodsman people. Is the Woodsman 108 closer to the new Woodsman 102 or 110 in feel?

Was able to demo some Woodsman 108s in 182 cm, but I am 6’2” and 230lbs. They were fun, but I def needed some more edge/stability of a 192 cm. Debating going 102 in 192 cm for better hard pack or 110 in 187 for more agility in trees with about same float… the 108’s had good enough edge hold on the hard when I tried them.

Coming from Völkl Nunataqs (touring Gotamas) everything has better edge hold. Just tired of getting bounced around. Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by jhel3 View Post
    Hey woodsman people. Is the Woodsman 108 closer to the new Woodsman 102 or 110 in feel?
    I've only skied wood102s in the 50/50 layup, but my wd110s feel more alike to my wd108s than the wd102s. All are 182s, stock stiffness. 108s and 110s just feel like more ski than the 102 because they are (weight)

192s sounds like the way to go regardless of model at your weight / height. The long rocker zones together with lots of splay will make them nimble regardless, and the added effective edge and stiffness should be welcome on hard snow at your weight.

Quote Originally Posted by jhel3 View Post

Was able to demo some Woodsman 108s in 182 cm, but I am 6’2” and 230lbs. They were fun, but I def needed some more edge/stability of a 192 cm. Debating going 102 in 192 cm for better hard pack or 110 in 187 for more agility in trees with about same float… the 108’s had good enough edge hold on the hard when I tried them.

Coming from Völkl Nunataqs (touring Gotamas) everything has better edge hold. Just tired of getting bounced around. Thanks for the help!
    The 108 morphed into the 110. I can't remember what the 102 was before, maybe 96?

I would go 110. The rocker profile on both the 102 and 110 is the same so neither will be *great* on hard snow. So I'd pick the 110 every day. At your size, I'd go 192 and mount +1 but ymmv.

Another option that gets a lot of love is the MFree 108 (or Rossi Sender Squad). I believe the MFree 108 has more torsional stiffness than ON3P's bamboo, so it would have better edge hold when things get firm. I haven't skied it, but there are a LOT of people with a 2-ski quiver of the Billy Goat and MFree 108. Because you specifically call out edge hold, I think it's worth a look.

Edit: see kid-kapow's post below disputing some things I speculatively said.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-28-2023 at 02:24 PM.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    are you liking that ski? i may have missed. it is not light hah
    I am LOVING your Caylors. The mount point, the length, the heft, the lack of taper ... everything about that ski is amazing. Excellent complement to the 191 BG of the same era for more playful side hits, jibs, stupid CO flat, stumpy tree skiing, etc. I know they're not light, but that just adds to the charm and stability.

I was toying with throwing a lighter binding on them like a Tecton, but said screw it and went P18 like always. Maybe after my sled is up and running again, I'll CAST them into the heaviest touring setup ever...

Edit: my earlier post about wanting a tour-layup 191 Caylor is just that I really like the shape of the Caylor and now I want a pair for touring.
    Last edited by auvgeek; 01-28-2023 at 02:21 PM.

photos

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    I believe the MFree 108 has more torsional stiffness than ON3P's bamboo, so it would have better edge hold when things get firm.
    I dunno, what differences there are between 182 M-Free 108s and 182 WD110s on hard snow is more down to camber profile (height and front/rear bias (mfrees have way more camber ahead of the binding than behind, making the tails release more easily on hard snow, whereas wd110s camber is much more symmetrical) than torsional rigidity imho. I have both, and have skied the 192 M-Free 108 a fair bit too. I would assume the longest wd110 to be a fair bit stiffer than my 182s, like the 192 M-Free108s are also a fair bit more potent than the 182s.

Don't get me wrong - I think the 192 M-Free 108 is one of the best skis I've been on, but the woodsman110's flatter mid section / lower camber height and significant splay should make them more schmearable at slower speeds while still having good enough grip on hard snow, yet also have good stability in variable (weight and construction). M-Free108 192s do offer a different kind of ride feel that is also very loose, with slightly less lift in the shovels than wd110s and good suspension (camber and smooth construction) - though the camber rewards a bit of speed an muscle.

Both are fine skis imho.