Page 380 of 599 FirstFirst ... 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 ... LastLast
Results 9,476 to 9,500 of 14972
    I dunno - there must be room for difference of opinion, though these debates usually devolves into something that is more centered on how one expresses oneself rather than the merits of what one is stating.

I am not that drawn to a fair few of ON3P's top sheet designs and would not want them for myself - Hackel's and some of this year's designs for instance - but what I really like with the first Hackel design quoted above is that somebody has made it their own and obviously has a bit of skill. That is something I can appreciate.

And the thing is that there is always custom - which for most of the off season equals stock skis with your choice of topsheet design for a measly 50usd add on (compared to Moment who I believe charges 250 for the same service). I dunno - Iggy just makes it so easy and relatively affordable (compared to other custom versions) to get skis that just looks sensational that are built with top craftmanship - and that are your skis through and through, not like every other ski of the same series out there. That is pretty cool.

And the designs I enjoy the most - C&D, certain wren & BG designs- are just fekking incredible. I would love to look at this year's various BG designs in person, I also suspect the Jeffrey series look a lot sharper in person than online and I nearly ordered a ski with the woods tour design - it just looks sooooo good

Yeah, it is a bit silly to be this focused on graphics, but graphics makes me stoked

Quote Originally Posted by paal View Post
    ^ Yup.
    I'm sure they would sell a few more skis simply by adding some hi-res photos on their site.
    Agreed. I mean in hindsight it's pretty damn obvious, but I didn't even realize the cat camo was literally cats! Just thought it was "jungle cat" type pattern and looked slick. Once I saw someone post them and that it was actual cats making the pattern...LOL! Not my thing, but from a few feet away they look really cool.

Plenty of people on NS hated the Hackel too. Cannot think of another topsheet that was either love it or hate it more.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Since we're on graphics, I am digging the subtlety of the Woodsman 108 graphics. Having the relief and designs of my home mountain on my skis is pretty cool. Then when I'm skiing Mt Hood, I have Mt Hood on my skis. POW!! I think I heard Iggy say on a Blister podcast that was his design. If so, nice work.

cat camo is dope. I'd ski that in a heartbeat. y'all take yourselves too seriously.

I have white BGs and a sharpie. iggy, any tips on getting something to not run from snow/water?

No ragrets on my cat camo topsheets, they're beautiful and people love em. Not sure what topsheets to go for on my Someday Soon ON3P Touring Skis though. That Sleet Camo is pretty sexy as well and keeps w/ the camo theme. Mango Sunrise also seems appropriate for a touring ski. Then again, the woodsman/BG 108 tour seems to be pretty exotic, like a grizzlycorn...

In other news, fingers crossed UPS isn't too overloaded to get my Billy Goats to me while this PNW storm is still fresh. I'm dying to experience the BG hype after 10 long months.

The Midnight/Midnight J108's that somehow came home with me yesterday are dead sexy.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by eSock View Post
    In other news, fingers crossed UPS isn't too overloaded to get my Billy Goats to me while this PNW storm is still fresh. I'm dying to experience the BG hype after 10 long months.
    I didn't know what to expect really when I got mine. Three turns in I was like "Whoa! That'll work!"

Saw some top sheets at Park City today. Looked rad in person IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Just a quick shoutout to the 184 BG Tour - impressive pow touring stick for variable.

Holding some 189 BG Tour 108’s that I won’t need if anyone is looking. Going with 184 instead. Open to offers or some Dynafits + cash. They sexy

SOLD

Last edited by sierraskier; 12-16-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    The Midnight/Midnight J108's that somehow came home with me yesterday are dead sexy.
    I was going to buy those 🤣
    You should have been here yesterday!

Got the new Jeffrey 108s I bought end of last season mounted up with some Pivot 15s that just came in the mail. They're the replacement/update for the old 110mm underfoot Jeffreys I got many years ago. Still trying to source a 115mm brake to mount up the 122s again since I ripped a pair of guardians off of them.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5635.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	353143

Name:	IMG_5636.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	353144

Wife and I got out yesterday for a bit for her first day of the season and new skis that I picked up from Al in the spring.

Name:	IMG_5639.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	353145

New Jeffrey seems much more versatile than the older 110mm version. They feel maybe a tad softer and easier to get up on edge into a turn. I guess it could also be the slightly narrower waist and tighter sidecut radius than the older ones. They didn't feel any less stable at speed, but more manageable at slower speeds. Wife was digging the Jessie after she figured them out after a few laps on some steeper/faster stuff and was able to open it up and push them a little harder.

As for the graphics that seem to be the hot button topic of the moment here, I definitely prefer the subtler graphics of last year's Jeffrey to the airplanes on this years. If I ever pull the trigger on a pair of customs, it'll 100% be cat camo, though. Those are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I was going to buy those ��
    It's unfortunate for you my foray in to snowboarding abruptly ended, and that buying a new Subie nets season passes.
    Training for Alpental

I feel like you can't ever judge ON3P graphics until you see them in person (agree that the website should have high res photos of real skis at some point). That being said I do prefer the more artistic graphics of previous years. I always called them modern works of art. And I just like abstract color like the 19-20 Jeffreys.

On another note, I am surprised I haven't heard more discussion of BG 108's with standard layup for inbounds duty? Wondering if that may become a stock option at some point. Iggy? Would love to hear what some BG die hards would espouse on that as I myself have not yet had the goat experience.

Got out today at Timberline on my Jeffrey 108’s with the softer layup. Well, the boilerplate crusty surface was NOT their ideal environment. Couldn’t go at my usual speed without feeling a lack of control that was a bit disconcerting. This is to be expected with the trade-offs of the softer flex, I suppose, and not to be taken as a knock. These ski amazing on this stuff at slower speeds; was able to enjoy myself at the same speed as my buddy who’s only been skiing 2-years whereas usually I’m way ahead, and in the trees or bouncing off stuff when it’s soft. Additionally, the Left ski felt skittish and was wandering when running flat and when lightly edging. I switched feet and this went away completely (put offending edge as outside edge), so not sure if there’s a burr or something else going on. Gonna have to investigate.

Getting bindings put on tomorrow

Name:	743DBB7D-2E07-4587-8A8E-402FD5E1FFD5_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	379.7 KB 
ID:	353249

Not snowerblades

Picked up some 184 Billy Goat Tours and they look incredible in person. There’s no reason to doubt the weights listed on the website as being averages across the full production line, but in case anyone is curious, mine weigh 1786g and 1801g, so clearly on the light side.

Or my $10 scale is totally off (but it does report weights near manufacturer stated for other skis, so I’m relatively confident in it).

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Picked up some 184 Billy Goat Tours and they look incredible in person. There’s no reason to doubt the weights listed on the website as being averages across the full production line, but in case anyone is curious, mine weigh 1786g and 1801g, so clearly on the light side.

Or my $10 scale is totally off (but it does report weights near manufacturer stated for other skis, so I’m relatively confident in it).

Pics with your cat or it doesn't exist...

Got back on a pair of the classics, proto tour Jeffrey 122s. They still weigh more than any ski I can remember riding recently even with the lighter core. Got them in a foot of east coast blower and they are so fun and surfy. One of those skis that is impractical most of the time but absolutely shines in the right snow. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20201217_154000.jpeg 
Views:	195 
Size:	79.7 KB 
ID:	353416

Sent from my SM-G960U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Our listed weights online are a bit heavy right now. 1804 is current average. We have some additional pairs of 184/189 in finishing and as soon as those numbers come in we'll update everything, but with the volume getting higher we're running:
    BG 116 Tour
    189 ~ 1860
    184 ~ 1800

BG 108 Tour
    189 ~ 1800
    184 ~ 1755

WD 108 Tour
    187 ~ 1790
    182 ~ 1735

Glad you like the graphic. I need to write up a bit about it (likely will do so at some point for all the graphics, as I did them all this year ) - the mountain photos all old photos my dad took around RMNP. And yes website needs more photos/better images.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Not in the market until next season but why would I not go with the 116 over the 108 when it is only a 60g weight penalty? I have narrow light skis for spring so these would be soft snow only.

Any reports on how the Tour construction skis compared to full bamboo? How much power and punch do you give up in variable?

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Not in the market until next season but why would I not go with the 116 over the 108 when it is only a 60g weight penalty? I have narrow light skis for spring so these would be soft snow only.
    well, it's only 4mm wider ea side too...how different can it be?

Quote Originally Posted by carlh View Post
    Because then you have a good excuse to add billy goats to your quiver