Page 372 of 599 FirstFirst ... 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 9,276 to 9,300 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    I know that many people mounted the Jeffery behind the line before the woodsman. Is that still a thing? I like to be around the -6 area.
    You can, they ski fine there, but the magic happens at recommended for the jeffrey.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Wildcat 108 = strong on edge, light, damp feel, but get kicked around a bit

Woodsman 108 = Damp but energetic on3p feel. Can be pushed hard without as much fatigue as the wildcat 108.

Similar skis in turn shape and stuff like that, but very different feel. Moment light and precice, on3p harder to explain = classic on3p feel.
    Which have better groomer performance? I'm also wondering how the Woodsman in 50/50 layup compares to the Wildcat 108 too.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    (damn knee rehab has me skiing different than I used to)
    Welcome to my world, although in my case it's general wear and tear (age).

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Wren 102 Ti and 110 Pro are up on the website now. Tempted, sooo tempted..!

In heavy Woodsman 108 vs Wildcat 108 right meow.. Any one care to chime in and help me out since these skis have been out for a bit. I've looked all over this place and its still up in the air..
    This topic has been debated at length several times in this thread as well as in the Moment thread. A quick Google search should yield the goods.

Also, Blister's reviews for these two skis are spot on and go into the differences between them specifically. Both skis have been slightly revised for 2021, but not enough to significantly change Blister's findings - other than that they are probably even more similar now.
    Wildcat108: https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...nt-wildcat-108
    Woodsman108:https://blisterreview.com/gear-revie...p-woodsman-108

Both are strong groomer skis imho. 2020 WC108s are noticeably less ski compared to 2020 Woodsman108s, but where WC108s are also a bit easier to throw around. Again, their weights are more similar for 2021, so expect them to be a bit more similar this season, if still different (due to construction).

Both are great skis. If you want something a bit more chargy -> woodsman108, a tad more playful -> wildcat108. Or split the difference and go with the graphic you like the most (which in ON3Ps case would be your choice of any stock graphic from any year at a measly 50usd premium through the Custom Builder and using the code custom21).

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    This topic has been debated at length several times in this thread as well as in the Moment thread. A quick Google search should yield the goods.

Also, Blister's reviews for these two skis are spot on and go into the differences between them specifically. Both skis have been slightly revised for 2021, but not enough to significantly change Blister's findings - other than that they are probably even more similar now.

Both are strong groomer skis imho. 2020 WC108s are noticeably less ski compared to 2020 Woodsman108s, but where WC108s are also a bit easier to throw around. Again, their weights are more similar for 2021, so expect them to be a bit more similar this season, if still different (due to construction).

Both are great skis. If you want something a bit more chargy -> woodsman108, a tad more playful -> wildcat108. Or split the difference and go with the graphic you like the most (which in ON3Ps case would be your choice of any stock graphic from any year at a measly 50usd premium through the Custom Builder and using the code custom21).
    How do you get the graphics from a different year? I don’t see it as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by thejongiest View Post
    How do you get the graphics from a different year? I don’t see it as an option.
    Email us. If we have the graphic available we'll give you instructions on how to order.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Both skis look awesome for different reasons. The 102 fills a hole in my quiver. The 110 matches other skis I’ve loved but currently own...

Quote Originally Posted by waxoff View Post
    Wren 102 Ti and 110 Pro are up on the website now. Tempted, sooo tempted..!

Right. 2020 blister stated weights shows a 250g difference between the 2 skis. 2021 based of stated weights it’s only a 50g difference for the pair. This makes it even harder.

Anyone have experience sizing Pomoca Skins with ON3P’s? Wondering if I can get away with using the XL 185-200cm version with my 184 BG tours

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Anyone have experience sizing Pomoca Skins with ON3P’s? Wondering if I can get away with using the XL 185-200cm version with my 184 BG tours

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    No but I have a pair of those skins that I could take some measurements off if that would help. IIRC I have a couple notches shorter to go on the tail clip when using them on 186 Renegades.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    No but I have a pair of those skins that I could take some measurements off if that would help. IIRC I have a couple notches shorter to go on the tail clip when using them on 186 Renegades.
    Yeah that’d be awesome, maybe get a tip to tail measurement on the renegades? And a measurement on the length left for the tail notches with the skins mounted

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Yeah that’d be awesome, maybe get a tip to tail measurement on the renegades? And a measurement on the length left for the tail notches with the skins mounted
    I can do that tonight, please yell at me via PM if I forget.

Right. 2020 blister stated weights shows a 250g difference between the 2 skis. 2021 based of stated weights it’s only a 50g difference for the pair. This makes it even harder.
    Also keep in mind that woods108 182s are comparable to wildcat108 184s lengthwise where wildcats are prob ever so slighty shorter straight pull, and likewise wood108 187 vs wildcat108 190.

Again, both are great skis. Go woods if you want a bit more chargy and ON3P's bombproof construction, wildcat108s if you want a bit looser. It is hard to go wrong either way imho.

I've skied a Woodsman108 and a WC116 in those sizes. Despite the weight gap narrowing this year, I still think you are going to get a smoother, better suspension ride on the Woodsman. That signature bamboo ON3P feel. But I think you'll get a slightly quicker and dare I say more precise carver with the WC.

Woodsman it is.

Can't go wrong with the Woodsman, great ski!

I have yet to read any rave reviews of the Wildcat 108 and there were a lot for sale here last winter with people saying they didn’t click with the ski.

My read (from owning the normal wildcat) is it would be a great ski for slushy skiing in freeride terrain. Like Lake Tahoe... but will leave a lot to be desired in other contexts.

Woodsman it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I have yet to read any rave reviews of the Wildcat 108 and there were a lot for sale here last winter with people saying they didn’t click with the ski.

My read (from owning the normal wildcat) is it would be a great ski for slushy skiing in freeride terrain. Like Lake Tahoe... but will leave a lot to be desired in other contexts.
    This will be my DD at Alta.

What's a Wildcat?

This will be my DD at Alta.
    108 woodsman will fill that slot nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by homeeey View Post
    What's a Wildcat?
    A backflip on a snowboard

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post

I know this is the ON3P thread, but to be balanced - there's been a few decidedly lukewarm reviews of the Woodsman108 too (check out the Dynastar thread), while the Wildcat108 has been enough of a success for Moment that they've updated the Wildcat to the same construction and added a 101. Limiting Wildcat108s to a slush ski for freeride terrain is selling it (far) short imho.

For contrast - my initial impression was that I wished the my pair of Wildcat108s had a bit more weight to them. However, the more I skied them the more I came to like them - they are simply great skis for a lot of conditions. I found that they are better as the speed increases and as I stopped thinking about how to ski them, and just did. They are strong on edge, and getting the tails to release is extremely easy in anything other than deep, dense snow. I felt their long and sturdy tails were a bit of a chore in deep, dense snow, but that is more of a preference thing or what you are used to than a critique of the ski imho. It is simply put one of the best skis I tried last season.

My relationship with my woodsman108s is a bit more unresolved. My take is that there is a great ski in there, but where I will need to work on their tune and just ski them more in order to unlock their potential. So far I kinda prefer them as an idea - aka how I think I can make them ski - to how I've actually been able to make them ski. The same goes for my woods116s too, though they have some definite tune issues as debated earlier in this thread. I am also conteplating whether I prefer a slightly different flex pattern with a stronger front part of the ski, with a slightly softer rear (a finding after riding woods116 back to back with Koala119s). Regardless, I look forward to retuning both pairs and giving them a second go across more resorts this coming season. If I can make my pairs ski like Blister describes the woodsman108 then I am on to a winner.

I sold my Wildcat108s iot reduce the size of my quiver and since I have a good understanding of how they ski - aka learned what I can from them, and kept the woods108s in order to learn a bit more.

Other skis being considered are the M-Free108s and Revolt104s, the former as a replacement, the latter as a compliment.

Good points. I’m sure there are people that like the Wildcat 108. I’ve really tried to like Moments. I buy them and I’m really excited for them... but it’s just not my feel, it’s the core profile not the shape.

I put about 50 days into Wildcats and appreciated a lot about them but got on Wrenegades and clicked the first lap.

I think I just struggle with stiff light skis.

I know this is the ON3P thread, but to be balanced - there's been a few decidedly lukewarm reviews of the Woodsman108 too (check out the Dynastar thread), while the Wildcat108 has been enough of a success for Moment that they've updated the Wildcat to the same construction and added a 101. Limiting Wildcat108s to a slush ski for freeride terrain is selling it (far) short imho.

For contrast - my initial impression was that I wished the my pair of Wildcat108s had a bit more weight to them. However, the more I skied them the more I came to like them - they are simply great skis for a lot of conditions. I found that they are better as the speed increases and as I stopped thinking about how to ski them, and just did. They are strong on edge, and getting the tails to release is extremely easy in anything other than deep, dense snow. I felt their long and sturdy tails were a bit of a chore in deep, dense snow, but that is more of a preference thing or what you are used to than a critique of the ski imho. It is simply put one of the best skis I tried last season.

My relationship with my woodsman108s is a bit more unresolved. My take is that there is a great ski in there, but where I will need to work on their tune and just ski them more in order to unlock their potential. So far I kinda prefer them as an idea - aka how I think I can make them ski - to how I've actually been able to make them ski. The same goes for my woods116s too, though they have some definite tune issues as debated earlier in this thread. I am also conteplating whether I prefer a slightly different flex pattern with a stronger front part of the ski, with a slightly softer rear (a finding after riding woods116 back to back with Koala119s). Regardless, I look forward to retuning both pairs and giving them a second go across more resorts this coming season. If I can make my pairs ski like Blister describes the woodsman108 then I am on to a winner.

I sold my Wildcat108s iot reduce the size of my quiver and since I have a good understanding of how they ski - aka learned what I can from them, and kept the woods108s in order to learn a bit more.

Other skis being considered are the M-Free108s and Revolt104s, the former as a replacement, the latter as a compliment.

Thats why I love the WC 116 as a powder ski and have never considered the WC 108. Even thought it is the same shape. The shape is tried and true. Wonderfully intuitive and versatile. Never have found my WC 116s out of place in softish conditions. The problem for me is the weight decreases as the width decreases. A lot of weight is lost going from the 116 to the 108. To me it should be in the inverse. As the waist of ski decreases the weight should increase. Or at a minimum stay the same as its wider counterparts. We ski narrower skis in firmer conditions = weight is your friend. Wider skis in softer conditions = weight is less relevant. Not irrelevant but less relevant. I think 2200g/ski WC 108 would be a quiver killer. The shape is there, just not the feel I presume. Until then Ill ski my heavier WD 108.