Page 266 of 599 FirstFirst ... 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... LastLast
Results 6,626 to 6,650 of 14972
    Don't understand the fanfare over the Woodsman (other than being partial to the shape if your coming from the kartel). Seems to be primarily a junk snow ski. Pick a length to match your preferred terrain.

Came to terms with the w108. It grew on me. Thinking I'll appreciate that this is my entry to ON3p as a baseline.

I would take this thing into anything short of thick crisp or 2d snow and anything past trolling speed in tight spaces - works fine.

Certainly don't need anything damper than the wren.
    ​I am not in your hurry

Wonder how the woodsman 108 would compare to the Jeffrey 110. Almost seems like they have a similar use

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Gepeto View Post
    Don't understand the fanfare over the Woodsman (other than being partial to the shape if your coming from the kartel). Seems to be primarily a junk snow ski. Pick a length to match your preferred terrain.

Came to terms with the w108. It grew on me. Thinking I'll appreciate that this is my entry to ON3p as a baseline.

I would take this thing into anything short of thick crisp or 2d snow and anything past trolling speed in tight spaces - works fine.

Certainly don't need anything damper than the wren.
    I'm not a huge fan of more than minimal tail rocker, and the kartel didn't really work for me. I felt like I could enjoy the woodsman as a DD from the runs I took on it. It just felt balanced and intuitive but with some backbone.

The metal wren108 was awesome to rage on in the shitty refrozen snow we had but I actually preferred the regular wren108 in a 189, it is plenty damp IMO, and I like damp, metal skis.

Quote Originally Posted by AltaOmega View Post
    I demoed the Woodsman 108 @187 yesterday and left my initial impressions one page back... I own the Kartel 108 @191 and I can say the Woodsman feels more stable, directional, and carvable (like the Wren). But the less effective edge and turn radius reminds me of my Kartel, and it’s still is easy to pivot. IMO it’s more of a playful Wren than it is a directional Kartel. I just need to decide if I’m going 187 or 192 because 187 would be great in the trees and tight spaces but a 192 might make a good playful charger.
    I agree with this. I don't have nearly as much time on the Kartel series as the Wren, but the Woodsman felt more like an easier to ski Wren than a directional Kartel. I'm looking for a daily driver for next season and with just the quick test on Saturday the 108 Woodsman took the number 1 spot on my list.

Nice to hear good things about the Woodsman. I still think a Woodsman/Wildcat 108 shootout is in order for my next DD. If the Woodsman is closer to a more playful Wren, I'm thinking the Wildcat 108 will be closer to a more chargy Kartel.

Finally mounted these
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190408_065743564.jpg 
Views:	176 
Size:	598.9 KB 
ID:	277697

For Bruce

Name:	IMG_20190407_155729123.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	500.8 KB 
ID:	277699
    Time for a cease and desist letter

Nice!

It seems like they are so hot they even make the camera see blurry by gushing! If you could take some close ups of the graphics on shovels and tails I would be much obliged. I have yet to see up close of these and would love to see the design in all its glory!

But for real though - those C&Ds look amazing and makes me all the more keen to keep mine, ( and in the process forget the deal I made with myself to sell them for a second pair of w114s)
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 04-08-2019 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    For Bruce

Name:	IMG_20190407_155729123.jpg 
Views:	220 
Size:	500.8 KB 
ID:	277699
    Time for a cease and desist letter
    Those Mother F’ers!!

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    That $100 off code was too much to resist. Custom Black 189 C & D’s on their way to me!

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    Those are so sick. Congrats.

After I get through rehab and make my comeback I will be getting CD's again
    You should have been here yesterday!

Carried the supergoats up high yesterday. Wrong choice.
    Very steep, very tight chute, high consequence deliberate turns. Almost hop turns (not quite). Couldn't let em run.
    probably my fault - but they fought me to turn that fast, just not the right ski for the terrain.
    Was actually wishing I had my pillowfights, feel more maneuverable in tight spaces - release edge to edge and turn sooo easy. Cause of their 'yyudge rocker maybe.

Thinking to add billygoats or C&D's for such an application.
    Anybody taken the new C&D or BG in such silly terrain?

Your thoughts??

repost from the Woodsman 108 vs Wildcat 108 thread, for those of you that does not follow it:

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    While the WD108 does perform slightly better/quieter than the K108 (now Jeffrey 108) in high speed crud busting scenarios, the creation of this ski wasn't about speed limit as much as it was coming up with something to suit a particular skier style. Also, I think your years of experience on BGs and skis like it has made you a very well-balanced skier, which your K108s reward you for.

Even with the creation of the Woodsman, the Jeffrey is still a better line for skiers who don't need/want to drive their tips to initiative their turns, and/or for people who like to ski backwards for more than 10 seconds at a time. I'm not saying you can't get a little forward on the Jeffrey and still ski it, the Woodsman just tolerates this particular stance better, especially in adverse conditions.

Upright skiers who spend 99.9% of their time not skiing switch (like Iggy and me), but still like to initiate turns in more than one way (driving, checking, smearing, and the rest of the cliche adverbs used to describe turning), and like to lean forward to push turns through shitty or choppy snow at high speeds, now have a line of skis from ON3P that will do so with less effort, and with better control than Wrengades, which do some turn shapes very, very well and intuitively, but take a considerable effort to manipulate into others.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    repost from the Woodsman 108 vs Wildcat 108 thread, for those of you that does not follow it:

Iggy's response to that that thread is the funniest thing I've seen in a while.

Name:	Woodsman.jpg 
Views:	375 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	277921
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

New stuff on friday?

I do not need new skis! I do not need new skis! I do not need new skis!

Let's see if telling myself that works better this year than in years past...

But for real, I do not need new skis. That's the spirit!

When you click on that image it's woodsman.jpg! Exciting! Hopefully I can get some new Kartels/Jeffreys to New Zealand quickly for a couple heavy pre season tours.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

AHHHHHHHHHH!! You put a puppy on it!!
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

Name:	IMG_9786.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	285.6 KB 
ID:	277971

ON3P checked in at Tofino, BC

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Looks awesome! I think the texture is kind of similar to this years BG, which is one of my favorites.

Just built a new rung on my ski rack.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	thumbnail_IMG_63662.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	177.5 KB 
ID:	277972  

These arrived yesterday and mounted them this morning on a game day decision to hit the spring pow at Stevens Pass. Loving them so far. C&D’s for the win!

Name:	IMG_2856.JPG 
Views:	182 
Size:	308.0 KB 
ID:	278072
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

How was it? Almost called out today to go ski.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    How was it? Almost called out today to go ski.
    Deep but heavy spring stuff. First few runs were awesome for April. Pretty tracked out down low at this point. Lots of deep ruts, but was glorious first 5-6 runs.

Makes sense! More importantly were the C&D's pretty much plug and play coming from goats? Stoked to get a pair this summer during the custom sale.

Cease and Desist stoke from today. They arrived yesterday. I didn't think I would get to ski them until next winter. Stevens Pass received 12" overnight and 15" in the last 48-hours, so I mounted them this morning and rallied to the pass. It would be heavy and dense, but a great day to christen the new boards. Noticeably softer than my 2018 189 BG's, but also surfier and just more fun/playful. Super easy to ski. I am really looking forward to skiing them in proper deep blower conditions.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...ings-Demos-etc

In case anyone is looking for anything at a greater than normal discount.

And Mike - awesome that you got to ski those before the year is out. Enjoy em!
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....