Page 285 of 287 FirstFirst ... 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,125 of 7172
    Wow those look awesome. Reminds me of guitars just a different type of axe.
    Skiah for life

Wren 108's suit my skiing style perfectly and are my go to unless it's reallly deep. They want to haul ass and are super fun in crud and groomers. Thinking about adding the Woodsman as well for skiing with my kids, better low speed performance seems what they're about... is that the right assumption?

By the way, took me 3,000 posts to admit I telemark.[/QUOTE]

Why?

If I had 14 inch penis Iíd show it to everyone!
    Skiah for life

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    How you go wolf over eagle is beyond me. Couldn’t have that beast staring me down every lift ride.
    I couldn't decide, so I let my kids do it. We're renting and can't have a dog... problem solved.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post
    By the way, took me 3,000 posts to admit I telemark.
    Why?

If I had 14 inch penis Iíd show it to everyone![/QUOTE]

Total joke. I am open about my binding choice. That just happened to be post #3000. Only took me 14 years!
    Last edited by Doremite; 07-13-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    A couple of you guys likely in here.
    Attachment 288292
    'Merica! Fuck Yeah!!!

Damn. Those look incredible.

I wanted to learn to tele when I was in college so bad but every time I had enough cash to buy a setup something in my alpine rig would break and the cycle would start all over again. I wanted to be one of those guys that could just thrash a bump field on teles so bad.

I borrowed my friendís tele setup literally 2 days before my first serious knee injury in my late 20s, I had such blast, loved making big GS turns on them... then 2 days later that was it. There was no chance of really learning after I hurt my knee. Or willingness to try.

I was so jealous of the boots too. So comfy!!! And they werenít even mine.

I was so jealous of the boots too. So comfy!!! And they werenít even mine.
    Boot comfort is a big reason I canít stop.... and my terrain lends itself to justifying the added effort/challenge.

I had an ankle injury last season that took me out of tele boots for about 2 months. Back on alpine for the first time In ~11 seasons. Boots sucked but not awful and was fun to be reminded alpine turns (w alpine boots) are a shit ton of fun too.

I do about 30 days a season nowadays and plan to sneak in ~5 on alpine to mix it up. Especially on firmer days as it is easier on alpine to stay light on your edges. Curious where that leads but doubt I ever give up primarily being a tele skier unless physically forced too. I just find it too fun to stop. ...and the boot thing.

I actually also find tele softer on the body as it is easier to shock absorb bumps and terrain variations. Alpine was harder on my back and knees. Tele just harder on the muscles but those build.

....end thread drift.
    Uno mas

Those veneer topsheets are awesome I want some. Possible move to the east coast for me this year for a job, I might be looking to trade supergoats for wren 108s for a bit more versatility but am waiting for an offer to come through.

Hi,

Sorry for this question because Iím absolutely sure itís covered in here somewhere but I canít find the answer. For those skiing Wrens, any feedback on mounting + 1 or + 2 or more for that matter? Does the ski change much positively or negatively to this?

Thanks!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

The consensus here has been on the line for ON3P in general but most of the technical justification I have seen pertains to Billy Goats. Given the radius of the Wrens changes throughout the ski (smaller turn radius to tip, larger to tail), my understanding is ON3P is pretty trial and error informed precise with their recommendations.

Generally I donít see 1cm making a major difference but also donít understand why there would be lack of trust of the line unless youíve skied it there a # of days and then have information on a likely preferred placement. I havenít read anyone intentionally moving their Wren mount. I would 100% go on the line for alpine on both my 98s and 108s. I would definitely not go forward. Ski has a lot of tip rocker.
    Uno mas

Hi,

Sorry for this question because I’m absolutely sure it’s covered in here somewhere but I can’t find the answer. For those skiing Wrens, any feedback on mounting + 1 or + 2 or more for that matter? Does the ski change much positively or negatively to this?

Thanks!
    If you are scared the mount point is too far back on Wrens, you should buy the Woodsman instead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    All ye punterz! Leave thine stupid heavy skis in the past, or at least in the resort category, for the age of lightweight pussy sticks is upon us! Behold! Keep up with the randocommandos on their carbon blades of shortness! Break thine tibias into spiral splinters with pintech extravagance!

Just wondering.

Was thinking if I move it forward 2 it might make it slightly more pivoty in tight spots.

Just wondering.

Was thinking if I move it forward 2 it might make it slightly more pivoty in tight spots.
    You should just get some Kartels, too.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    If you are scared the mount point is too far back on Wrens, you should buy the Woodsman instead.
    1+

Sounds like you want a more playful wren and thank the good lord itís 2020 because ON3P makes that ski now. The woodsman is more wren than Kartel ó and honestly most people should probably be on the woodsman.

Iggy and team really have the line up dialed and spend far too much time worrying about mount point testing.

But do you boo

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Great the Woodsman with Ti for the win!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Look forward to hearing how you like it
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Dropping my opine on the EC use thingie…

The woodsman doesn’t come off the shelf with titanal…
    Moving + has crossed my radar for the wren 108 (justifications fyalike).

Having some steerability in the ec is mandatory and the wren brings it – more so in the (18-19). I ride it in the 89 and know that this ski musta kicked ass when it was longer and I’m of the mind that the 88? was probably a lot of fun when it came around

My idea of the right choice would be the wren98ti @184. Takes the speed quotient down a notch (not enough) and more capable of stuffing it into where all the kool pps ski

I’m hoping that we’re going to get more edge stability, particularly forward - at the same weight (or less?).

If the shape of the ski lacks anything in ec manners – it’s the lack of shovel (17-18); not that i would want to give up it's 3d capabilities. The changes in 19 (imo) make it a much better 1quiver ski.

Keeping your kit completely mobile, I’d opt for the Woodsman full length at 108. All the tools any depth of 3d demand. either - a great ski in your hand if you grabbed the wrong one today...
    Last edited by Gepeto; 07-15-2019 at 02:44 PM.
    "knowledgeable in escapades of the flesh"

Attachment 288292
    Iím guessing mine are third from the right. Tracking says they are waiting at home for me...

Out of curiosity, why are some pairs stamped underfoot both with ON3P SKI CO, whereas others are one that way and one stamped WOOD WOLF/EAGLE/LOGO?

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Out of curiosity, why are some pairs stamped underfoot both with ON3P SKI CO, whereas others are one that way and one stamped WOOD WOLF/EAGLE/LOGO?
    The 2x ON3P Ski CO was built earlier than the rest. Unlike plastic topsheets where we can impart the ski model + order number on the topsheet cover, there has never been a great way to keep that info matched with the skis through production (as all surfaces on a wood veneer are processed). Where with custom tops, as a function of volume, we just set up each top for the color/model series/size, on Wood Veneers we decided that we'll start going full custom on each wood veneer so we can sublimate the wood veneer with the skis model, length, serial number, and order number to better keep track of which ski is which. When I made the file adjustments to incorporate that new data, I just adjusted the left ski back so it was more inline with the traditional nylon underfoot stamp.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Hi Iggy, I sent a few questions earlier this week through the contact form on your website in regards to shipping to the U.K. and the Wren protos. Any chance someone can take a look or let me know if I need to resend?

Thank you for all your comments, all very helpful.

Iím currently looking for a daily driver for the Alps. Something between roughly 95 and 105 under foot. Snappy/poppy quick for tight spots but also plush/damp suspension for the mix of harder roughed up snow we have... also above average edge grip as we get a lot of days that resemble the East Coast. I want something fairly heavy as this will be my resort to 50/50 ski - I have a separate ski for proper touring. I want something that crushes more and wonít get deflected.

I tend to like skis with much less side cut - I.e. old Explosiv and Gotama and my current pow ski is an older Lotus 120.

My background: 5,10 190 lbs. but 45 - not as quick and daring as I used to be.

Ex East Coast racer right through college but I also participated in quite a few bump contests and did my share of skiing the pow in the trees in northern VT. I tend to switch styles a lot between pure race and more upright but take very little air these days. I also lived in CO for 6 yrs so understand how different skis suit different snow types. I have lived in London, skiing the Alps for the last 11 years. I find picking skis for the bad to the amazing to the everything in between snow we get very difficult. And if even if itís an all groomer day, the Europeans typically donít groom the slopes as nice as they do in the US. They can be very firm but also pretty roughed up even at the start of the day. So edge grip and nice suspension make for a better day. With lighter skis you can finesse and pick around but it can be tough to really push it. So a ski with a bit of heft is not a bad thing.

Iím looking at the Wrens 96 or 108 or same for the Woodsman. Also looking at possibly a Mantra, an Enforcer or Ranger FR.... this ski will be my main ski and if thereís new snow I go straight to the 120 because itís too much fun.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated!
    Personally, having skied the Alps for a couple years via London, if you are on the groomers there at all, ie w/ Fam, wife, etc. and it's not a 100 off-piste trip, then I want metal for my everyday ski. that said, I'm decided old skool. Same age as you, like to drive the tip of the ski. I actually liked the 98mm underfoot realm for that, although I was using toting 2 pair of skis. a 98mm and a 115mmish pow ski.
    He who has the most fun wins!