Page 286 of 289 FirstFirst ... 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,150 of 7208
    test, I posted a day and a half ago but still hasn't shown up

Quote Originally Posted by ma_rippin View Post
    test, I posted a day and a half ago but still hasn't shown up
    Yeah, usually that first post takes a week or two, depending on how quickly the donkeys can get the scrolls up the canyon wall and onto the wagon. Just gotta be patient.

Yep... I fully agree with this and have been fighting the reality of it for far too long. Iíve been trying to make due with lighter carbon touring skis when skiing in the resort and they just flat out donít work on hard snow to the point of being a liability at times. They are truly super fun when the snow is soft but itís Europe, even on the best of days you encounter a mix bag of snow and on high consequence steeps they are terrifying. It was a dumb strategy I was following to fill my quiver but itís time to move on and reload. You have your touring ski and then everything else needs a bit of muscle.

Iím looking forward to getting on something stable and less chattery again.

Woodsman help

thrilled to have found this forum! I am strongly considering a pair of Woodsman 96's and looking for a little help...

I currently ski a pair of Liberty V82's. I love them but looking to add something wider to my quiver. I am 95% front side, trail skier and primarily east coast. I also have a 7 & 5 year old so I need a ski that I can control at slow speeds when I do a few runs a day with them after ski school. We are headed to Utah for 10 days this winter to do Park City, Deer Valley and Alta. So I am looking for something wider underfoot than my Liberty that still have good carving control and low speed capability. I will be keeping my Liberty's and adding these so they don't need to replace, but compliment. I would still like to be able to use them in East though. The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

Other skis I have considered:
    J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100

Haven't skiied the woodsman yet, but seems like you need to give some thought to what kind of ski you are looking for -- woodsman and PB&J should be more freestyle oriented (though should hold up on groomers too), enforcer is a directional ski with some rocker, masterblaster also a directional ski w/ rocker but has a more progressive mount point. Not sure about camox

If you are 95% on groomers and aren't jibbing, I suspect you will prefer a more directional ski like the enforcer or masterblaster, both of which are fun and easy to handle at low speeds. That being said, I am all for supporting ON3P (and Moment) so if you think you want something a little more playful I am sure you won't be sad about the Woodsman or PB&J

Jibby is not a term I would use to describe the Woodsman. The mount/rocker changes increase the playfulness compared to the Wrens, but...Jibby it is not.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

If the ski will be primarily be used on the EC minus a few trips out west, Iíd focus on edge grip. Woodsman sounds like itís worth looking at but as itís a new ski and thereís not much info yet.
    I think the Fischer Ranger FR series might be another ski to look at along with the Enforcer. Maybe also the Mantra but that ski might be too stiff / too much work for what your looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Jibby is not a term I would use to describe the Woodsman. The mount/rocker changes increase the playfulness compared to the Wrens, but...Jibby it is not.
    Obviously defer to Iggy on the feel of his skis; that being said I do think the overall point stands: sounds to me like you need to think about how playful you want the ski to be, and that should drive the decision.

thrilled to have found this forum! I am strongly considering a pair of Woodsman 96's and looking for a little help...

I currently ski a pair of Liberty V82's. I love them but looking to add something wider to my quiver. I am 95% front side, trail skier and primarily east coast. I also have a 7 & 5 year old so I need a ski that I can control at slow speeds when I do a few runs a day with them after ski school. We are headed to Utah for 10 days this winter to do Park City, Deer Valley and Alta. So I am looking for something wider underfoot than my Liberty that still have good carving control and low speed capability. I will be keeping my Liberty's and adding these so they don't need to replace, but compliment. I would still like to be able to use them in East though. The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100
    You should also check out the Liberty Origin 96 for a playful directional ski. Hereís an East Coast review http://www.skiessentials.com/2019-sk...origin-96-skis.

The Woodsman 96 seems to fit the bill well but would love some input.

J Master Blaster
    Black Crow Camox
    Moment PB&J
    Nordica Enforcer 100
    Yeah, I'm in this basket too - looking for a thin-ish all mountain ski. I've skied the Ranger 94 FR, and it's probably leading contender for me in that pack at the moment. I'd love if the Masterblaster was a bit lighter, as I'm running Shifts/Tectons and want to be able to tour as well. If the new releases shave a couple hundred grams, I'd be keen.

Wish I could ski a Woodsman, and wish there were more reviews of them out there. Camox was a bit so-so, but I'll probably get another day to demo them (and I love BC skis - have Atris and Noctas too). Enforcer doesn't interest me given tail shape and mount point. PB&J is a good ski, but I felt like the Fischer was a tad better in every regard, and I don't ski switch.

Quote Originally Posted by thecazdog View Post
    Yeah, I'm in this basket too - looking for a thin-ish all mountain ski. I've skied the Ranger 94 FR, and it's probably leading contender for me in that pack at the moment. I'd love if the Masterblaster was a bit lighter, as I'm running Shifts/Tectons and want to be able to tour as well. If the new releases shave a couple hundred grams, I'd be keen.

Wish I could ski a Woodsman, and wish there were more reviews of them out there. Camox was a bit so-so, but I'll probably get another day to demo them (and I love BC skis - have Atris and Noctas too). Enforcer doesn't interest me given tail shape and mount point. PB&J is a good ski, but I felt like the Fischer was a tad better in every regard, and I don't ski switch.
    What didn't you like about the Camox? I've got some ready to mount for next season, but haven't skied them yet.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by sk8rat6587 View Post
    What didn't you like about the Camox?
    I just found the Atris to be a much better ski...I think with the Camox I didn't really gel with the tail of the ski - it felt a bit hooky and the tail rocker didn't quite suit me. But I know guys who love em. I'm going to demo again and compare with other BC skis like the Captis, Navis, etc to see how I like them.

Hard to find reviews, but Skipass has the Camox as a little less highly rated than the Atris...As I said, I'll demo again; would be happy to grab a pair if I connect with them better next time.

I am guessing most of you have seen this already, but if not - the full review on the new Woodsman108 is up. Synopsis: ON3P seem to have developed a killer ski. Surprise surprise.

https://blisterreview.com/gear-reviews/2019-2020-on3p-woodsman-108

And still in time to order a pair customs at summer discount for customs that ends tonight. Yay

^^^^ Solid Woodsman 108 review. Gets me really excited about trying and potentially owning a pair. Iíve struggled to find the 105-ish ski that works for me. The OG Cochise was my go-to but as my knees age and I slow down a bit, I find that I ski them less and less. I bought some Nordica Enforcer 104 Frees that I hope will work better for 2020.

That being said, I really like the Deep Dive comparisons on the W108. (Yes, I paid a few extra bucks to see what that was all about) I think that is some of the most valuable content Blister pus out. Comparisons to skis I already know against new skis really got me excited about the Woodsman.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    ^^^^ The OG Cochise was my go-to but as my knees age and I slow down a bit, I find that I ski them less and less.
    Do they tax your knees more because they're too heavy, too fast, or why? Just wondering, because they're my goto skis as well, and my knees are a few years behind yours but catching up fast.

@ Interesting you got the Enforcer 104 Frees... I keep going around in circles about that ski the Fischer FR and the Woosman. And occasionally my 20 year old ego tells me to just get the new Mantra 102. All 4 skis sound just about right for the quiver spot I want to fill.... hmmm... if I do go woosman you can be sure Iím getting some of the sexy veneers....

🤔 hmmm. Sexy veneers... want to touch

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    Do they tax your knees more because they're too heavy, too fast, or why? Just wondering, because they're my goto skis as well, and my knees are a few years behind yours but catching up fast.
    Suspension is superb...you just cannot ski them slow. Just takes a toll and me knees feel it first. Iím finding something that does a little bit more of the work for me (smaller radius and not as stiff) allows me to ski longer and more often. A sad reality of aging.

Yesterday was a mighty fine day - new quiver #2!

The upgrade was done in order to consolidate this quiver into a three ski arsenal, making a few skis (kartel108s, rustler11s, wren96s, possibly wren114s and wren88s) redundant.

low tide - WC DH worthy groomer ripper: wrenegade 96ti 179 (bone stock)
    playful vs chargy daily driver aka 70% of the time ski: woodsman108 182 (stock with C&D graphics)
    pow shredstick: Woodsman116 182 (stock with BG graphic)

All to be mounted with Castified Pivots for ultimate FOMO readiness. These skis will likely see 85-95% inbounds use with a fair amount of groomer time - though with some pretty easily accessible terrain from the resorts. Cast just makes a ton of sense for the use. Boots are XTD 130s with beefed up liners for resort use - either XTD 120 liners or Intuition ProTongues, and ProTours for all day hikes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356075.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	290375Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356183.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	290376Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356343.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	2.11 MB 
ID:	290377Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190806_1356466.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	290378

Couldn't be happier! ON3P delivered to A+ once again.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 08-06-2019 at 07:06 AM.

Nicely done.

Wow! That is some serious quiver changes. Kid Kapow doesnít clean no mess! Boom.

I look forward to your full review of the Wren Tiís

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yesterday was a mighty fine day - new quiver #2!

The upgrade was done in order to consolidate this quiver into a three ski arsenal, making a few skis (kartel108s, rustler11s, wren96s, possibly wren114s and wren88s) redundant.
    Those new BG graphics are nice!

Whatís happening with the old quiver 👀

Saw those old BG top sheets on their IG and was curious who got em!! Insane quiver ya got there. Full plunge!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Billy Goat is so completely and conspicuously absent from Blister reviews?

As a current BG owner (and it seems like there are a lot of us - or is that just a TGR thing?), I'd definitely be curious to hear more info about how other 115-ish skis compare.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post
    Does anyone else find it a little odd that the Billy Goat is so completely and conspicuously absent from Blister reviews?

As a current BG owner (and it seems like there are a lot of us - or is that just a TGR thing?), I'd definitely be curious to hear more info about how other 115-ish skis compare.
    The BG was covered in the Buyerís Guide last year, so itís not completely missing. I know how it compares to lots of other 115-mm skis, so I donít need Blister to blather on about it.

Quote Originally Posted by VON View Post

My name is Michael, and I also own a pair of Billy Goats (189cm, 2018 model). <"Hi, Michael.">

I think Blister reviewers, because they strive provide information and opinions on a ski's performance in all conditions, end up giving (or appearing to give) more love to all around performance skis. The standout all around skis get more mentions because they're used as baseline models for comparison. I think it's an unfortunate side effect that this draws attention away from a ski like the Billy Goat, which is super fucking fun to ski on almost all the time. People here do a lot to make up for that, but we definitely don't have the same market reach.

Here's a BG thread that compares it to all manner of skis. There are probably at least a dozen similar threads here for the BG.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...er-Powder-Skis

TLDR: Goats float like boats. Maritime crud wrecker. Tree weaver extraordinaire. You know. You know...

I like reading Blister reviews, but most of the time the reviewer isn't remotely similar to me in size or stature, and I find that TGR always gets me what I need.