Page 228 of 594 FirstFirst ... 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 ... LastLast
Results 5,676 to 5,700 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by himavan View Post
    Boom! Just got me a pair of 184 Billy goats. Stoked.
    Thanks all for the collective advice and changing my mind from the K108s.
    Now I just have to wait a while for my buddy to bring them up to canada for me.
    By the way not many left online any more (no stock layups left at the factory and none at Evo).
    if anybody is looking nextadventure still has all the sizes available

Here’s a video of the Jeffreys at Loveland today. Just some regular skiing, nothing extreme, but I think you get the idea. Wife got the flu so our weekend hut-trip plans fell through and I ended up in town for the morning but skied the last 1.5 hours (and then skinned for fitness after, which helped improve the driving:skiing ratio). Not really sure it qualifies as stoke per say, but thought someone might enjoy.

"Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

those of you with asyms, do you find them to be hooky, especially on the inside ski?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

First day out on Kartel 116 at Squaw. Really fun ski, love the pop. Pivot well, handled the refrozen chunder as well as could be hoped for. Mounted with demo bindings - for the conditions I liked -1cm better, help prevent the tail getting caught up in the refrozen crud. Overall seem slightly more surfy than the Jeffrey 114.

The conditions were pretty challenging at times, think very few skis would perform better

Quote Originally Posted by nomad_games View Post
    those of you with asyms, do you find them to be hooky, especially on the inside ski?
    The first two days on my goats felt “strange” on edge. It wasn’t completely intuitive. However I think it was my fault. I was attempting to drive them from the shin vs staying centered and neutral.

I would not describe them as hooky though. Granted I detuned the first 17inches pretty aggressively as others have.

How many days have you skied them?

FFS. No. You’re just a beater.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    The first two days on my goats felt “strange” on edge. It wasn’t completely intuitive. However I think it was my fault. I was attempting to drive them from the shin vs staying centered and neutral.

I would not describe them as hooky though. Granted I detuned the first 17inches pretty aggressively as others have.

How many days have you skied them?
    dont have any. I have Blizzard Spurs, the asym ones. Me and several dudes I know (one of whom usually actually is the best skier on the mountain) have them and we all find them to be hooky on the long edge of the downhill (meant outside, whoops) ski at times. Was just wondering if people found the asym BG’s or C&D’s to be the same.

I don’t find my asym Quixote’s hooky at all

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    First day out on Kartel 116 at Squaw. Really fun ski, love the pop. Pivot well, handled the refrozen chunder as well as could be hoped for. Mounted with demo bindings - for the conditions I liked -1cm better, help prevent the tail getting caught up in the refrozen crud. Overall seem slightly more surfy than the Jeffrey 114.

The conditions were pretty challenging at times, think very few skis would perform better
    Could you give -2 a go as well?

It qualifies auvgeek! Looks like a lot of fun on those.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Could you give -2 a go as well?
    Next weekend I can. I honestly think they will be fine there too. Seems like a big sweet spot

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1334.jpg 
Views:	113 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	264212

Wren 108 day

I have last years asyms and I don’t find them to be hooky at all in 3D snow. Strange on hard pack with just a couple days on them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Next weekend I can. I honestly think they will be fine there too. Seems like a big sweet spot
    Awesome, excited to hear your thoughts!

not for the bg, I’ve only skied one day in 7” of heavy new snow, no hard snow yet but they look pretty similar to the precious gen in pow / tracked pow! I also detuned the entire length and more so after contact point

The BG and CD are not hooky at all. The goal of the asym is to eliminate any hookiness...when designed correctly as these two skis were.

Skis like the Blizzard and others do not have RES combined with the asym and therein lies one of the issues.
    You should have been here yesterday!

I finally had my my last year custom Wren 98's into the shop for a grind along with 7 other pairs of skis in the family quiver. I said fuck it grind em, 69 em, whatever you do. I've just been skiing refrozen ice all season anyway on Brahmas. Put a 3-1 tune on them like the rest of most of our skis so I don't have to keep track. $50. Anyway they came back and I pulled them out yesterday and they are a whole new ski without any further detuning from me. Not sure wtf happened to these skis between the factory and me but they definitely needed a grind because they skied like they had a zero degree base edge...shit happens even with the big brands...it is why our race coach and Blizzard rep grinds every pair of skis he gets new and every pair of skis he owns after they bake through a summer. Should have just done the grind asap last year before posting anything on here about them.

Next time I will listen to my wife.

Peace out and rip on.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by uglymoney View Post
    I finally had my my last year custom Wren 98's into the shop for a grind along with 7 other pairs of skis in the family quiver. I said fuck it grind em, 69 em, whatever you do. I've just been skiing refrozen ice all season anyway on Brahmas. Put a 3-1 tune on them like the rest of most of our skis so I don't have to keep track. $50. Anyway they came back and I pulled them out yesterday and they are a whole new ski without any further detuning from me. Not sure wtf happened to these skis between the factory and me but they definitely needed a grind because they skied like they had a zero degree base edge...shit happens even with the big brands...it is why our race coach and Blizzard rep grinds every pair of skis he gets new and every pair of skis he owns after they bake through a summer. Should have just done the grind asap last year before posting anything on here about them.

Peace out and rip on.
    Maybe I should try that with mine before selling them. I cannot get them to turn. Ive never felt this way with a ski before. Every time Ive had them out I head back to the car after one run.

Mine are custom as well. Bought during the white Wednesday sale.

Peace out and rip on.
    Wait wut? You put a 3 base and 1 side bevel on them? Wtf. Shirley* you mean the other way around?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Wait wut? You put a 3 base and 1 side bevel on them? Wtf. Shirley* you mean the other way around?
    3 side 1 base. Of course. Sorry for confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Maybe I should try that with mine before selling them. I cannot get them to turn. Ive never felt this way with a ski before. Every time Ive had them out I head back to the car after one run.

Do it for sure. Same time I bought my skis- not this year but last. They are all slarvy now in the steeps as advertised.
    Last edited by uglymoney; 01-13-2019 at 06:16 PM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Do it for sure. Same time I bought my skis- not this year but last. They are all slarvy now in the steeps as advertised.
    Im glad you posted this. I just thought I was loosing it and couldn’t ski them. Which is confusing because they are not stiff or heavy or super cambered at all and ON3P is all about the factory tune being dialed.

Ive also been riding a Brahma all season so far.

Reset base bevels,detune,deburr,wax,slay

Im glad you posted this. I just thought I was loosing it and couldn’t ski them. Which is confusing because they are not stiff or heavy or super cambered at all and ON3P is all about the factory tune being dialed.

Ive also been riding a Brahma all season so far.

I had a custom order that was never quite right from this same time frame. Failed tune at a local shop, I eventually sent them to on3p directly so they can tune/detune back to factory settings. Should be getting them back any day.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

3 side 1 base. Of course. Sorry for confusion.
    Hah, hoping that was the case. They would have been some starving sob’s.