Page 475 of 599 FirstFirst ... 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 ... LastLast
Results 11,851 to 11,875 of 14972
    Stoked to receive my stock layup BG110’s today! They are 182, and weighing in a bit lighter than expected, at 2082 & 2100 grams. These will compliment my ‘20 184 116’s which weigh 2300 IIRC, and Wds102.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3B417A4F-E5B4-47EA-A779-8B6B13583707.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	984.0 KB 
ID:	394615

Just curious for those who are receiving customs, when did you order? I'm starting to get antsy for mine to show up.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Just curious for those who are receiving customs, when did you order? I'm starting to get antsy for mine to show up.

I am getting antsy on snow showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Turns out my custom order got screwed up, so...another 4 weeks for delivery. Shit happens. Good thing we don't have snow anyway I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    Turns out my custom order got screwed up, so...another 4 weeks for delivery. Shit happens. Good thing we don't have snow anyway I guess.
    I waited longer than intended (have pro form so custom sale didn't matter), but scored a hoodie out of it with the BF sale. Just talked to them and they said mid January. Just have to ski my 191s until then.

192 Garnet Billy Goats. I am in LOVE.

Interestingly, standard layup weighing in at 2300 grams and 2315 grams, under stated weight of approximately 2430 grams. Not complaining though, 2300 is still heavy, and happy to have them a little lighter. I know Moment weights vary sometimes depending on how each batch of wood weighs, wondering if the same variation happens with bamboo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211201_185437708.jpg 
Views:	130 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	394815   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211201_185444168.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	1.84 MB 
ID:	394816   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20211201_185508415.PORTRAIT.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	1.95 MB 
ID:	394817  

sexy as hell dude

cept I woulda done white pivots

well shit - the fishbone graphic / color variation gives them a similar vibe to the Jeff clouds graphics from afar - absolutely sick!

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    sexy as hell dude

cept I woulda done white pivots
    White would have looked good too, but really wanted those yellow/orange forzas on there. Love how it pops.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    well shit - the fishbone graphic / color variation gives them a similar vibe to the Jeff clouds graphics from afar - absolutely sick!
    Yes, I love how the fishbone makes it have a cloudy look and fade to black in some parts. Incredible design.

I like the garnet + Forzas, that looks fantastic!

Those are hawt! Love the Forza. I need to find a pair of those as the v2 purple Forza just doesn't do it for me.

I just picked up a pair of Woodsman 102s and am curious how far others are detuning the tips and tails? I found an old post from iggyskier (different thread) where he mentions to detune to where sidecut-turns-to-taper, NOT where underfoot camber-turns-to-rocker. The distance between sidecut/taper points matches the "effective edge" number for the ski, so i'm guessing this is preferred... although this seems like it leaves a lot of sharp edge not touching hard snow until you lay the ski over or hit a bump, then the rocker part engages. I'm a playful but directional skier, not trying to do butters or ski park. Previous skis were heavily detuned full-rocker skis, and before that race skis, so i'm new to the rockered tip/tail "all mountain" thing.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Those are hawt! Love the Forza. I need to find a pair of those as the v2 purple Forza just doesn't do it for me.
    Same. I am Team Yellow/Orange Forza ALL DAY.

I think the “I’m so happy my Goats are so light” is kind of cute. The reputation for demolishing crappy snow isn’t because they are “light skis”.

Mass has everything to do with it.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Woodsman 102s and am curious how far others are detuning the tips and tails? I found an old post from iggyskier (different thread) where he mentions to detune to where sidecut-turns-to-taper, NOT where underfoot camber-turns-to-rocker. The distance between sidecut/taper points matches the "effective edge" number for the ski, so i'm guessing this is preferred... although this seems like it leaves a lot of sharp edge not touching hard snow until you lay the ski over or hit a bump, then the rocker part engages. I'm a playful but directional skier, not trying to do butters or ski park. Previous skis were heavily detuned full-rocker skis, and before that race skis, so i'm new to the rockered tip/tail "all mountain" thing.
    ON3P, Moment and Praxis are all shipped with a 1 degree base and 1 degree side angle(1/1) and then detuned from the end of the effective edge/camber contact point upwards on the tip and tail.
    Most major ski manufacturers are shipping their non race skis with a more aggressive 2 degree side edge angles(1/2) and they are sharp up to the widest taper points and hopefully detuned above.

With any new ski, check that the base is flat and that the base and side angles are even and uniform tip to tail. Common to have low (under 1 degree) base bevels at the tips and tail around the contact points of skis which will make the ski grabby and hooky.
    Then ensure the edges are detuned and smooth above the contact point(ON3P, Moment and Praxis) or above the widest taper point on most other skis.

If we’re posting setups

Name:	Image1638412246.306683.jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	1.15 MB 
ID:	394890

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    If we’re posting setups

Those throwback topsheets are so good.

I still ski the 191 OG that those are based on regularly. Really want to give the 110 Pro a whirl, but can't really justify them in the current (already bloated) quiver.

Quote Originally Posted by noslow View Post
    ON3P, Moment and Praxis are all shipped with a 1 degree base and 1 degree side angle(1/1) and then detuned from the end of the effective edge/camber contact point upwards on the tip and tail.
    Most major ski manufacturers are shipping their non race skis with a more aggressive 2 degree side edge angles(1/2) and they are sharp up to the widest taper points and hopefully detuned above.

With any new ski, check that the base is flat and that the base and side angles are even and uniform tip to tail. Common to have low (under 1 degree) base bevels at the tips and tail around the contact points of skis which will make the ski grabby and hooky.
    Then ensure the edges are detuned and smooth above the contact point(ON3P, Moment and Praxis) or above the widest taper point on most other skis.
    Not common for ON3Ps to have that issue out of the wrapper. It happens, sure, but it's not common.

Every ON3P I've bought, I've mounted up and skied right out of the wrapper. Only one pair did I do a minor bit of detuning after skiing them a bit. Generally their factory tunes are pretty dialed.

When I do get around to a tune, I tune them the same as any other ski. Heavy detune to the sidecut taper points, light detune the rest of the edge.

Anyone know what you saved weight wise with tour custom version of the old skis. 189 Wren 108s would be more like 2000grams?

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    If we’re posting setups

That's the topsheet I went with for my custom BG118 with the white fade base. Thinking raw pivot/cast set up for bindings, though a white pivot might look good, too. Those pics get me stoked to get them in my hands.
    Last edited by phatty; 12-01-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveE View Post
    I just picked up a pair of Woodsman 102s and am curious how far others are detuning the tips and tails?
    I am not going to detune my wd102s at all before I ski them - ON3P's tune is more often than not very good. I will bring a gummy to the hill for minor alterations based on how they ski.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    I think the “I’m so happy my Goats are so light” is kind of cute. The reputation for demolishing crappy snow isn’t because they are “light skis”.

It is arguably a better approach than FML my BGs are anorexic no?

Quote Originally Posted by Alyosha_SP View Post
    Anyone know what you saved weight wise with tour custom version of the old skis. 189 Wren 108s would be more like 2000grams?
    The new tour layup is roughly 20-21% (+ standard production variance) lighter than the stock layup. That percentage is pretty consistent across all models / widths / lengths.

The old tour layup was roughly 5-6% lighter than stock, based on BG and Steeple116 weights alone. So a Wren108 in 184 would be something like 2100grams in the 184 length - give or take. So a 50/50 Wren108 would still be slightly lighter than one in the old tour layup.

So yes, the new tour layup is remarkably much lighter than both the old tour and stock layups.

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Not common for ON3Ps to have that issue out of the wrapper. It happens, sure, but it's not common.

Every ON3P I've bought, I've mounted up and skied right out of the wrapper. Only one pair did I do a minor bit of detuning after skiing them a bit. Generally their factory tunes are pretty dialed.

When I do get around to a tune, I tune them the same as any other ski. Heavy detune to the sidecut taper points, light detune the rest of the edge.
    I just meant if there was ever a base bevel issue on any ski in general, it’s most often found in the tip/tail area of the ski. Check base flatness and base bevel first before detuning.

Honestly find the Indy manufacturers are better for that area as they are usually doing some hand tuning/detuning work after the automated machines do their thing. Some major manufacturers seem to leave sharp edges above the taper point untouched which can do a number on top sheets if the skier is constantly knocking them together.

Have had many skis from various manufacturers that were shockingly bad from the factory and very glad I checked them over before having a frustrating day on the hill with them. Most skis from the factory are fairly decent but never hurts to give them a quick check over and add some temp appropriate wax.

Finally have my new Woodsman 102 in 187 mounted up. Alpine setup for the first time in 20 years. Going to pull the NTNs off the Kartel 108s and remount with Pivots. Gondola is open at WP, it might snow next week, think I'll finally venture out. Time to get these bad boys on the snow! Eta: derp, got the skis on the left backwards.
    Last edited by CoolioIglesias; 12-03-2021 at 03:53 PM.

man - the stock wood102 graphic is money - nice choice!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Interestingly, standard layup weighing in at 2300 grams and 2315 grams, under stated weight of approximately 2430 grams.
    I'd be pissed. That little bit of extra weight is the main reason BGs are so good inbounds, that and RES.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

So true