Page 260 of 599 FirstFirst ... 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... LastLast
Results 6,476 to 6,500 of 14972
    Might the woodsmen 187 in a 108 be the daily driver for the Wasatch? Hmmmmmm

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Might the woodsmen 187 in a 108 be the daily driver for the Wasatch? Hmmmmmm

That's what I'm thinking as well. Any chance you guys will have a demo pair at the Alta demo day?

I would bet money that 182cm Woodsman will be nearly identical to 184cm Moments. 187cm being nearly identical to the 190cm Moments.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Of course you dance around the 184/185 I want to make the decision that much harder. haha Shift the lengths to make a 190+ make sense but miss the sweet spot. 180, 185, 190 what's so wrong with that? (I know I'm being a picky asshole, I'm sorry)

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    Most brands have 10cm jumps in sizes, ON3P has 5cm jumps and people still complain that they don't come in the right size. iggy, what's your favorite brand of drink? I want to buy some stock.
    Totally. There are some skis out there I've wanted to try that only came in 179 (too short) and 189 (too long). So I never bothered and moved on.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    I finally had the chance to try my w114s, even if the conditions weren't really playing to their strengths.

As you would imagine w114s are not groomer killers - though they are a fair bit more fun that BGs on groomers imo. They like big turns and they like to go fast, but are somewhat sluggish due to their width and weight. Duh - I know. Still, pretty fun when arcing huge turns in mach loony.

I only got to ride some pockets of unridden dense, wind compacted and somewhat sun baked fresh. During those moments they really shone - or showed glimmers of what they will be like in fresh snow. Think rediculously floaty, easy and very willing to turn and very, very stable. Their rocker lines are just so dialed, so together with a healthy forebody stiffness they act very, very predictably in soft snow. I can but imagine how much fun they will be if given the chance to truly run in proper condtions.

Attachment 275081

I rode them back to back with Rustler 11s, a ski that is somewhat similar wrt rocker lines, dimensions and mount point - if very, very different wrt weight, stiffness and sidecut. The Rustlers are a bit more versatile than w114s, but there is about 0% debate concerning which of the two I am going to prefer for big days in fresh snow - w114s each and every time.

Half a day of use ain't much though - just a peak into the world of w114s. I really look forward to getting on them more. I am also very satisfied with the decision to have these as my top end charger in two quivers - so thanks for the TGR discount Iggy! I have no problem understanding how these could warrant a "best ski ever" moniker as mentioned in Blister's Gear Guide, that is when the conditions and terrain are right.
    What length are you on. Just waiting to mount mine but have to see if Tecnica are going to warranty my boot which would change the bsl. I have 184’s. Really excited for these. I have enforcer 110’s 191 as well but even though the waists are similar I think they will fill really different places in the quiver.

Love that the woodsman comes in a 192 and want to get it but I’m sure I’ll end up with the 187... Can’t wait for more info!

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    What length are you on.
    w114s are 179s, R11s are 180s.

Re over - w114 > r11 lengthwise Though not as pronounced as the photo makes it seem like - the w114s are on slightly elevated ground too, so the difference is like a cm or so.

Really happy with both where both def fills different quiver needs.

Yeah like I said, I'm being a picky asshole. I'm aware of how ON3P measures compared to other companies. I'm sure one of 182 or 187 will be just fine. My only ON3P skis are 184 Billy Goats and that length just seems perfect. My 184 Bibbys have always felt short, but maybe at -2 from rec (so -8 from center and possibly close to the Woodsman) they would feel better. *shrug*

Where the hell is the post(s) with the additional details on the woodsman? I saw the latest iggy post on dimensions...

185-182=3 or just a scosh over an inch. Is it a subconscious thing where you look at your skis, see 182 and think “Being in the low 180s, maybe I don’t rage as hard as I thought”? And a 187 is just too long clocking in at 7/8” longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    185-182=3 or just a scosh over an inch. Is it a subconscious thing where you look at your skis, see 182 and think “Being in the low 180s, maybe I don’t rage as hard as I thought”? And a 187 is just too long clocking in at 7/8” longer.
    I’ve got to say. I’ve always felt between sizes on the BG. I bought a 191 Kartel to see if that might help. Liked them didn’t love them. Just got the w114’s in 184. Hope with the extra running length that will fit the bill.

To be fair, I’m 6’, 220 lbs and can squat a bit so I always grab the longest model of whatever and assume it’s the proper length. No decision issues there.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Just funny. Like the old goats were 186 and 191 (don’t remember the smaller sizes but I assume 181). 190+ doesn’t sell so they knock 2cm off the tail and call it 184 and 189. I think this is the sweet spot although I know a few guys really want 190+. Just seems like they shifted out of the market sweet spot to cater to the 190+ crowd again. But I could be totally wrong, and I’m sure they have put way more thought in to the right sizes. At 180-185 or even 181-186 I’m pretty sure of what I want. Make it 182-187 and I’m starting to wonder which I should go with given their longer lengths than industry standard. As pointed out though you’re never more than 2.5cm (~1”) off whatever you might think the ideal size is so yeah....likely not a big deal.

Story of my life though really...I’m always right between sizes be it skis, bikes, clothes, etc.

Found these searching adhuntr. Not sure if people are willing to ship but prices are great and big guy sizes

https://missoula.craigslist.org/spo/...845077590.html
    https://bozeman.craigslist.org/spo/d...846133562.html
    https://bozeman.craigslist.org/spo/d...846076831.html

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    To be fair, I’m 6’, 220 lbs and can squat a bit so I always grab the longest model of whatever and assume it’s the proper length. No decision issues there.
    Well I’m 5’10” 160 and I mostly grab the longest length too and 191 BG was my favorite of the two (191,186). I need to try the 189.

Just seems like they shifted out of the market sweet spot to cater to the 190+ crowd again. But I could be totally wrong
    192cm is a bonus. The meat is 3 lengths in the size range the vast majority of people buy. We could have (and considered) releasing these without the 192cm and the sizes still wouldn't have been shifted.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

I've seen so many people posting about the Woodsman but I'm still trying to figure out what kind of ski it's supposed to be.

Regardless it seems like something to get excited over.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    192cm is a bonus. The meat is 3 lengths in the size range the vast majority of people buy. We could have (and considered) releasing these without the 192cm and the sizes still wouldn't have been shifted.
    For someone that like the wren in a 184 and felt that was the right size for them would you recommend the woodsman in a 187?

Quote Originally Posted by nyskirat View Post
    I've seen so many people posting about the Woodsman but I'm still trying to figure out what kind of ski it's supposed to be.

Regardless it seems like something to get excited over.
    A bit more progressively mounted, more playful Wren. With some more tail rocker but not a Kartel. At least that's my impression from this thread... please correct me if that's wrong Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Any insight you're willing to share on how you nail down sizes? Is is a gut thing, backed by sales, matching effective edge to other model sizes, expected use/style of ski, etc? Just curious how you end up with 181-186 in Kartel, 182-187 in Woodsman, and 179-184-189 in Billy Goat/Wren vs the same size range for each line.

My gut is I'd probably prefer the new Woodsman sizing for Billy Goats (and get a 187 since I was torn between 184/189) and the Billy Goat sizing for the Woodsman (and get a 184). But as I said before, I'm sure I would be 100% happy on one of the available sizes, just makes my decision harder and I may want to demo first now.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    A bit more progressively mounted, more playful Wren. With some more tail rocker but not a Kartel. At least that's my impression from this thread... please correct me if that's wrong Scott.
    That's pretty close to my understanding too.

Any insight you're willing to share on how you nail down sizes? Is is a gut thing, backed by sales, matching effective edge to other model sizes, expected use/style of ski, etc? Just curious how you end up with 181-186 in Kartel, 182-187 in Woodsman, and 179-184-189 in Billy Goat/Wren vs the same size range for each line.

My gut is I'd probably prefer the new Woodsman sizing for Billy Goats (and get a 187 since I was torn between 184/189) and the Billy Goat sizing for the Woodsman (and get a 184). But as I said before, I'm sure I would be 100% happy on one of the available sizes, just makes my decision harder and I may want to demo first now.
    dude, the hamster in your brain is spinning the wheel way too hard on the sizing thing

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    dude, the hamster in your brain is spinning the wheel way too hard on the sizing thing
    Word!

They pick sizes based on what will cause the most consternation on TGR. Obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by klauss View Post
    Just bored at work like probably most others on here and day dreaming about new skis next year. I'm just curious about it. Obviously they think it is important enough to keep bouncing around and having different sizes for different models.

Just bored at work like probably most others on here and day dreaming about new skis next year.
    +1

sigh...