Page 413 of 598 FirstFirst ... 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 ... LastLast
Results 10,301 to 10,325 of 14944
    Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Brought out the supergoats at the bird today. Holy shit these are great powder skis.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Yesssss they making skiing the fall line moar betterer

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    So which is it? Fine or fully fucked?
    my woodsman were fully fucked

they’re now fine

grow up

I want some 189 Goats, asym preferred. Hit your boy up if you're holding.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post
    Same. So after 5 years on the BG I think I’ve finally figured out the kick turn on it.

I like to initiate my kick turns with a fair amount of pressure on the shovels, not too much tho. Here, I can really set the tone for my lower foot with a centered stance on the BG. Then on my uphill ski I completely release all shovel pressure as I bend my knee and swing the inside ski uphill. Depending on your climbing bail, your amount of shovel pressure and stance will vary. I was getting severe washout in my tails if I was trying to aggressively climb or make a big kick turn. Thought it was my skins but I got those professionally tuned so that’s not the case. I emailed Iggy about it and he recommended that I make shorter kick turns with less pressure on the shovels. Crisis averted. Thanks Scott!

That’s just how I skin the non-asym BG. A fair amount of shovel pressure with a centered/ aggressive stance.

Hope this helps!
    this might be the most I have ever seen someone write on technical kick turning. Most folks just, ya know., do them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post

Oh my, I’d say I’m surprised, but I’m not.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    this might be the most I have ever seen someone write on technical kick turning. Most folks just, ya know., do them.
    X, your sarcasm meter is on the fritz.

Btw still cherish your old bear claws, thanks for those.

Quote Originally Posted by shroom View Post
    my woodsman were fully fucked

they’re now fine

grow up
    Or you could learn to read.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    Brought out the supergoats at the bird today. Holy shit these are great powder skis.
    Glad they're getting the love they deserve!
    north bound horse.

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    If you want to trade a 186/191 2014 version, sure!

I stuffed cease and desist tips into pillows a few times today and they didn’t plane up like I was expecting. But submarined, stayed buried and even took me down a couple times. Probably pilot error, but anyone else ever done this?

Super deep low density snow and i was hunting in the trees for untracked sections successfully. Just absurdly good conditions.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    I stuffed cease and desist tips into pillows a few times today and they didn’t plane up like I was expecting. But submarined, stayed buried and even took me down a couple times. Probably pilot error, but anyone else ever done this?

Super deep low density snow and i was hunting in the trees for untracked sections successfully. Just absurdly good conditions.
    I did this once yesterday as well, but was definitely pilot error. Wasn’t going fast enough, overdrove them and stuffed the tips when I thought they were gonna pop over the roller. Didn’t bring me down, just to a complete stop in an awkward and exposed spot.

Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post

Yes, but same as MHSP I was going way too slow, on low angle no less - honestly, I was intentionally trying to drive them to see what happened. They dove some and the uphill ski got a little squirrelly too.
    But with any speed a not-overly forward stance they mesh with me really well.
    Boot center on the line, ymmv.
    north bound horse.

Got a few days on the Wren 114 189cm, and am continually being blown away by this ski. SO FREAKING DIALED. It's amazing how it hits both ends of the spectrum well. I am finding my self going very fast on these, very confidently. In terms of stability these are in the realm of the Moment Garbones, which basically dont have a speed limit and mow everything down. But they are balanced with a rocker profile that makes them surprisingly easy to pivot for the length and 29m radius. Was navigating them down steep chutes with bumps and soft chop with ease (Avy 2) at Mammoth over the weekend.

Cold dead hands ski for sure. This Moment fanboy might have found a new daily driver. Now that they are discontinued, it would be cool to see these stay available as a custom option through ON3P.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PXL_20210215_170433906.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.49 MB 
ID:	363278  

Here is one blurry, low light, action shot enjoying the CDs in 30" of Wolf Creek blower. My GoPro froze within 3 turns. That is all I got...too busy lapping to stop and pose for anything else

Name:  IMG_4882.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  91.2 KB
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Got a few days on the Wren 114 189cm, and am continually being blown away by this ski. SO FREAKING DIALED. It's amazing how it hits both ends of the spectrum well. I am finding my self going very fast on these, very confidently. In terms of stability these are in the realm of the Moment Garbones, which basically dont have a speed limit and mow everything down. But they are balanced with a rocker profile that makes them surprisingly easy to pivot for the length and 29m radius. Was navigating them down steep chutes with bumps and soft chop with ease (Avy 2) at Mammoth over the weekend.

Cold dead hands ski for sure. This Moment fanboy might have found a new daily driver. Now that they are discontinued, it would be cool to see these stay available as a custom option through ON3P.
    It’s such a freaking good ski! How the play both sides of the spectrum cannot be overstated. So strong but so easy to ski, like a gentle farm boy.

I’m pretty sure you can special order them still if you just comment your custom order.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    My GoPro froze within 3 turns.
    What version is your Gopro? Recently I tinkered a bit with my Hero8 with (partial) success in cold weather.

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    What version is your Gopro? Recently I tinkered a bit with my Hero8 with (partial) success in cold weather.
    It is also a Hero8. It usually works well, but it was 3 degrees F and windy, so not totally unexpected

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    It is also a Hero8. It usually works well, but it was 3 degrees F and windy, so not totally unexpected
    Last season I was very happy with my Hero8 working acceptably at -10C (14F). This year, however, it began behaving totally different and at -15C/-20C (5F/-4F) it would turn off within several seconds. And missed the 30" footage .. Then I remembered that it worked OK even in December, just before I updated the firmware.

Managed to find firmware 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and the current 2.5 and started fridge testing .

From firmware 2.0 on Gopro introduced Hypersmooth 2.0 (boost) to almost all resolutions. Apparently, Hypersmooth needs a lot of juice but instead of disabling it in cold weather with a message as it was the case with Hero7, Gopro decided to simply turn off the camera. Probably, because of the backlash..

Long story short - I downgraded to firmware 1.6 and did some testing at -15C (5F) yesterday:
    The first battery lasted 40 minutes mostly on standby. That was after staying unused for an hour on my helmet. No going inside + chairlift + high speed groomers.
    With the second battery I started recording immediately without stopping it - lasted an hour and three minutes. It seems that the generated heat was enough to keep it recording. I also use a waterproof case to keep it warmer.

TLDR: Firmware 1.6 is far better in the cold.

Last season I was very happy with my Hero8 working acceptably at -10C (14F). This year, however, it began behaving totally different and at -15C/-20C (5F/-4F) it would turn off within several seconds. And missed the 30" footage .. Then I remembered that it worked OK even in December, just before I updated the firmware.

Managed to find firmware 1.2, 1.5, 1.6, 2.0 and the current 2.5 and started fridge testing .

From firmware 2.0 on Gopro introduced Hypersmooth 2.0 (boost) to almost all resolutions. Apparently, Hypersmooth needs a lot of juice but instead of disabling it in cold weather with a message as it was the case with Hero7, Gopro decided to simply turn off the camera. Probably, because of the backlash..

Long story short - I downgraded to firmware 1.6 and did some testing at -15C (5F) yesterday:
    The first battery lasted 40 minutes mostly on standby. That was after staying unused for an hour on my helmet. No going inside + chairlift + high speed groomers.
    With the second battery I started recording immediately without stopping it - lasted an hour and three minutes. It seems that the generated heat was enough to keep it recording. I also use a waterproof case to keep it warmer.

This is awesome info, thanks for taking the time to share this. I also had zero issues before in super cold temps, but now all the sudden it just died. I will look to downgrade the firmware!

Order a set of BG 108t’s this morning to be mounted with tectons! Super excited to get on another set of these sticks from the good guys down in Portland!

This is worth its own thread (with a relevant title) assuming there isn't one already ... not that I have a Go Pro ;-)

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    ... not that I have a Go Pro ;-)
    If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to record it with a Gopro, does it make a sound?

P.S. Started a new thread. Thanks for the suggestion

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bgstoke.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	723.0 KB 
ID:	363575

Been taking the BGs out to enjoy all this PNW pow, has encouraged the send and served up many hoots and hollers.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Has anyone had experience on the BG 108? Looking for another 108 daily driver as I love my BGs and kartels are on their last legs!

My go to pow ski is the BG 116 and want something I can tour with and still ski on harder days without the added width.