Page 304 of 594 FirstFirst ... 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 ... LastLast
Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 14839
    Pffffft. That dude did barely any turns. I cant believe he's a pro I can do way better turns than him.
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I got my first full day in good terrain and snow on my Wren 114’s.

Stoked would be an understatement. They carve like they are on rails. Float nicely. Make drops feel effortless and above all else are fun. Did quite a few tree laps today and I was expecting the 189cm to Feel like a lot of ski, but they pivoted easily, even in deep snow.
    I told everyone that would listen these exact things last year...people slept and missed out.

Glad you didn’t
    You should have been here yesterday!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    Powtron had em last year and IIRC he posted up some positive comments and comparison.
    RE: Metal Wren 108 - They sit in my garage awaiting my knee to allow me to ski them. The best all mountain skis I’ve ever owned, period.

I will keep these until the earth turns to dust and explodes (or my surgically repaired knee does the same).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0813.JPG 
Views:	213 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	306717
    Last edited by PowTron; 12-19-2019 at 07:26 AM.

I do remember reading your feedback last year, it pushed me to get a pair.

I honestly still bought them thinking I would only like them in few contexts. With a few days on them now, I can't think of a single ski that can be pressed as hard, yet is so easy and intuitive.

For some reason I was worried that they were a "no-holds barred, going to toss you if you mess up" ski (Blister had made them sound that way). The reality seems like they just make skiing fast easy yet are playful enough that they are just a blast to ski. I could pretty happily use this as a single resort ski.

So thanks for the tip!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    I told everyone that would listen these exact things last year...people slept and missed out.

Glad you didn’t

So, No one here has beta on the Magnus 90?
    You are forcing me to peep Newschoolers.
    Seriously?

No one here knows how to rail and butter?
    Is it all deep powder days and chined hull shaped fat skis?

Come on. Someone here knows the Magnus 90 and needs to share.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

What do you want to know about the Magnus 90? Just general info?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    This has sort of been covered in the thread before but I'm having trouble finding it.

2016-17 191cm CD vs 2018-19 189cm CD. Both Asym and tour layup, but 19 has OTS. 17 has mega rocker.

Obviously the 19 should be more versatile in harder snow, but what exactly does that mean? I imagine the heavily rockered version should be easier to pivot and slash?
    I have 16 or 17 tour-layup C&D 183s (pre asym design) and they do indeed pivot and slarve super easily. In fact, I love skiing trees with them when the snow is soft. For reference, my next longest ski is a 179 Billy Goat, so the C&D is a "BIG ski" to me. Not exactly sure what a "slash" is, but my C&D's are pretty good in most soft snow deeper than 6", unless it becomes mash potatoes (Cascade concrete, Sierra cement, Alyeska adhesive, etc). Then I'd rather be on Billy Goats which are less work to pivot because of the narrower width.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    What do you want to know about the Magnus 90? Just general info?
    Sure. ...

How soft are the tips and tails?

Could it do double-duty as a general groomer-day fun-ski?

Compared to say, a Candide ski, (or any other popular park ski), what would be the difference in flex and general rideability?

TBH - I am looking for a wider mogul ski (80 to 90) that can do Park (learner here!) and also keep me entertained on general groomer days.

I'd rather get something 90mm than 80mm wide but not if it can't also be used for moguls practice. I don't own another park ski, so I can't say what flex is the norm for park skis.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    So, No one here has beta on the Magnus 90?
    You are forcing me to peep Newschoolers.
    Seriously?

No one here knows how to rail and butter?
    Is it all deep powder days and chined hull shaped fat skis?

Come on. Someone here knows the Magnus 90 and needs to share.
    Keep this on the down low but, next season it's all trimaran hull shaped pow skis.
    In search of the elusive artic powder weasel ...

Sure. ...

Compared to say, a Candide ski, (or any other popular park ski), what would be the difference in flex and general rideability?

TBH - I am looking for a wider mogul ski (80 to 90) that can do Park (learner here!) and also keep me entertained on general groomer days.

I'd rather get something 90mm than 80mm wide but not if it can't also be used for moguls practice. I don't own another park ski, so I can't say what flex is the norm for park skis.
    I don't have experience with the magnus 90s, but my friends have been on them. They come stock with a VERY thorough detune underfoot that is great for rails but not snow.

If you can find a pair of ON3P Presters they would fit the description of what you're looking for. They're full camber, 86 waist and tear up groomers like no other ski I have.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Sure. ...

You should check out the blister review of the Magnus 102. If I recall there was a lot of comparisons to the Candide 2.0. It looks like they addressed quite a few of your questions, and I’d assume the 90 is pretty similar to the 102, but skinnier.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks guys. I'll start with that info.

Digging these. Great in the trees and impossible to stuff the tips. Went -1.8 with my lupos. Theyll be at -1.2 with my vulcans and thinking theyll be better there. Play time touring ski. They feel much lighter than they are , for nowClick image for larger version. 

Name:	20191220_231534.jpeg 
Views:	187 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	307089Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191220_223501.jpeg 
Views:	193 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	307090

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Eagerly awaiting kid-kapow's review of the metal 96 Wrens.....
    In a surprise move, the weather here in Scandiland answered your request by turning prime BG conditions into wren96ti conditions through the medium of rain.

Skis:
    Wren88 w/pivot 14s
    Wren96 w/Atomic Backland
    Wren96ti w/pivot 18s

I rode 88s for two runs, 96ti two, 96 four, and then back to 96tis for the last two runs. Boots were Hawx XTD 130s w/120 lines.

They all ski differently. All handle both being driven and a slightly more relaxed / balanced stance. All are super easy to ski, yet very capable.

W88s are stiff and perhaps not ideally suited for today's conditions - they are not magical on ice. It could also be that I am a tad light for them and not enough of a traditionalist to drive the shovels hard enough to make them slay pure ice. Yet I quite like them. Should have done a final run with them to go full circle, but ran out of light and did not want to crash. Will probably try again tomorrow.

Wren96s were a bit keener to turn than 96tis, and a bit more chattery. How much of this that was down to the bindings (that I have not skied on before and thus were a bit apprehensive / skied cautiously for the first two runs) I do not know. I am very pleasently suprised by the bindings - they skied suprisingly well for being light weight tech bindings. All in all I am extremely happy with how the combo worked out - 100% what I was looking for for touring needs. I might still remount to ATK Ranger 12 2.0s though, as I have a spare pair.

96tis were... I dunno. Phenomenal edge grip, damp, wanted to stay in longer carves a bit more than the regular 96s - but easy to break free. In a word - controlled (though ON3P's description is remarkably spot on imho). Made me actively look out shit snow and ice to find their limits, but they remained indifferent to what I put underneath them. Noticeably more ski than wren96s - meaning the boots got more of a workout, aka it was way more noticeable if they weren't on tight as they could go - in spite of the ski being a bit softer length wise. They are my first full titanal ski (only past experience with titanal is with rustler 11s) and I am kinda blown away at just how composed and predictable titanal makes a ski behave. Again, extremely satisfied with how this combo worked out. I do not really need Pivot 18s at my weight and skill level, but went with it for full FOMO #castified to be used across a full quiver. But I am in agreement with what was stated previously - I think the speed limit on wren tis is high, very high. Def stamp of approval from me thus far.

Disclaimer - second day of the season -> I am still getting up to speed. I am also no Candide. What is above is a very intial impression based on a single day of skiing with somewhat shit snow. Forgot to snap photos.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    ...W88s are stiff and perhaps not ideally suited for today's conditions - they are not magical on ice. It could also be that I am a tad light for them and not enough of a traditionalist to drive the shovels hard enough to make them slay pure ice. Yet I quite like them. Should have done a final run with them to go full circle, but ran out of light and did not want to crash. Will probably try again tomorrow.
    FWIW I put a 1* base/2* side bevel on my skinny wrens and they now hook up way mo bettah in icy conditions. Just make sure to detune back to contact points.

New to ON3P but got a pair of BGs for myself for xmass ( wife made me put them under the tree)...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ABE3DA06-C481-4F05-9556-B587A8660966.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	709.1 KB 
ID:	307146Thanks you to everyone who has posted feed back on the BGs. Read it all and am super stocked to get them on snow.

Wife hit day 6 on her Jessie’s.

Hats off to you @Iggy. She’s skiing at a way faster pace over last year and feels much more stable on them. Continue to hear remarks like “the skis are so predictable” and “I’m not feeling any of the small bumps”.

Really stoked.

Pink and green top sheets are money on snow too!

Quote Originally Posted by TBS View Post
    FWIW I put a 1* base/2* side bevel on my skinny wrens and they now hook up way mo bettah in icy conditions. Just make sure to detune back to contact points.
    Thanks! They will remain in my quiver due to unobtanium factor alone (also, I really enjoy them).

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy64 View Post
    New to ON3P but got a pair of BGs for myself for xmass ( wife made me put them under the tree)..

Nice! BGs will not leave you wanting if pow and variable is on the meny often

I'm trying to get my lady on the ON3P train with some lady-goats. RES, assym cut, the whole 9. But BG only goes down to 179, which would be too much. She's 5'7 thinking like 172 max. Iggy what do we do?

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    I'm trying to get my lady on the ON3P train with some lady-goats. RES, assym cut, the whole 9. But BG only goes down to 179, which would be too much. She's 5'7 thinking like 172 max. Iggy what do we do?
    I’ve said this for the last 2 years! Little lady is 5’2” — make a 16X and we will buy!

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    I’ve said this for the last 2 years! Little lady is 5’2” — make a 16X and we will buy!

Do we call them a Nanny Goat then?

Figured I’d post here first before making a thread

Now that I have and love the Woodsman 108, looking to get rid of my 2018 Wrens 108 in 179. (The gf is putting the foot down, apparently there’s such a thing as too many skis.) Has a custom black topsheet with green sidewall, the 19oz fiberglass, and about 25 days on them. No structural/core damage, just cosmetic topsheet chipping. Thoughts on fair price? Would probably come with Pivot 14s

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2066.jpg 
Views:	426 
Size:	760.5 KB 
ID:	307441

Attachment 307233Click image for larger version. 

Name:	476731AA-715A-4B06-AF35-1DD157DA49C0.jpg 
Views:	358 
Size:	395.8 KB 
ID:	307234
    Last edited by noturnsnecessary; 12-23-2019 at 11:31 AM.

“Thoughts on a fair price?”

Dump the girlfriend.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Finally got on my Woodsman 96 today. Protos which are slightly more Wren-like with 2cm less tip/tail taper and .5m longer radius than final production. Narrower nose and slightly longer tail.
    Conditions are pretty low tide here in the east so was a hard day to really get a feel for them.
    Initial reaction is basically a slightly looser/more playful Wren so appears ON3P nailed what I understand they were looking to build.
    182cm Woodsman did not feel much different length-wise to my 179cm Wrens (have 98s and 108s in this length).
    Slightly dialed back persistence on bullying me into charging at all times yet still plenty of ski when I jammed down the gas pedal. Easier to speed check and control the pace whereas at times on the Wrens I am catching up mentally with the speed they are traveling. Final production likely even a tad more forgiving so Woodsman seems like a great Wren alternative for folks who like to charge but don’t want to just throw the hammer down all over the mountain at all times. Seems the slightly softer flex of the Woodman takes a little pressure off the driver.
    Think we are going to build quite the bond in time. Wrens in space and Woodsman when I am, well, spending more time in the woods.
    Last edited by Doremite; 12-28-2019 at 09:14 PM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Wren96s were a bit keener to turn than 96tis, and a bit more chattery.

96tis were... I dunno. Phenomenal edge grip, damp, wanted to stay in longer carves a bit more than the regular 96s - but easy to break free. In a word - controlled (though ON3P's description is remarkably spot on imho). Made me actively look out shit snow and ice to find their limits, but they remained indifferent to what I put underneath them. Noticeably more ski than wren96s - meaning the boots got more of a workout, aka it was way more noticeable if they weren't on tight as they could go - in spite of the ski being a bit softer length wise.... I am kinda blown away at just how composed and predictable titanal makes a ski behave. I think the speed limit on wren tis is high, very high.
    Nice write-up! Thanks for taking the time to compose all this. Your impressions above are in line with what I was thinking with respect to these skis. I was leaning towards the W Ti 96s because I wanted something in that size range that is burly, damp, and stable at speed that doesn't suffer a core shot every time I pass within three feet of a rock. But I'll also be using it a variable conditions and places. My Head Kore 93s just aren't cutting it.

Anywho, following a twenty minute discourse with Scott, I decided to go with the 96 Woodsman. That ski ought to satisfy most of my wants for this quiver-filler: hardpack to shallow powder; trees; bumps; tracked crud, etc. I'm looking for this to be my most versatile ski, and, perhaps, most skied ski.

BTW, anyone interested in a set of twice-drilled 98 Wrenegades, 184 length? These are from a couple of years ago. Bought 'em from Tahoe J and together we've put in not too many days on them. I liked them a lot, but went with the 108 / 189 version. I'm thinking $275, shipping included.
    Daniel Ortega eats here.