Page 385 of 599 FirstFirst ... 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... LastLast
Results 9,601 to 9,625 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    You just described the Billygoat.

Where do you ski?

I have:
    -current gen goat mounted at 315, room to go down.

- super goat mounted 310 with room to go up or down.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I ski at Schweitzer and have a 321. Sounds like it might be a squeeze?

That would be rad.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Sweet, let me check my adjustment on my OG goats

I own two pairs of skis, kartel 108 and kartel 116. No complaints about overlap. The k116 isn't just a k108+8mm. The differences in shape (taper, maybe?) makes the 116 really good in powder and super stompable off of drops and pops. And it retains all the playfulness. "Hit every kicker in sight" is speaking my language. Billy goats are dumb. Get kartel 116s

Sweet, let me check my adjustment on my OG goats

Cool. Very cool. Where do you ski?

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    I own two pairs of skis, kartel 108 and kartel 116. No complaints about overlap. The k116 isn't just a k108+8mm. The differences in shape (taper, maybe?) makes the 116 really good in powder and super stompable off of drops and pops. And it retains all the playfulness. "Hit every kicker in sight" is speaking my language. Billy goats are dumb. Get kartel 116s
    I keep thinking I'm sold on BGs and then someone says something like this...

Billy goats are dumb.
    Careful, those be fightin words around these parts

Billy goats are dumb. Get kartel 116s
    Different strokes mang, jibby and noodling is fun for some. Sure you can knock a J116 Mount back but it still doesn’t release in trees like the goat. Also the softer shovels will not penetrate 3D snow like the shovels on the Goat.

I’ve skied every ski in the line up and the one I clicked with the most is the goat. My one qualm is that it can reward lazy skiing, hence the new fancy super goats.

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    Cool. Very cool. Where do you ski?
    Have a pass at silver, ski all the regional
    Hills tho, so easily can link up at Schwizz once they actually get interesting terrain open.

Have a pass at silver, ski all the regional Hills tho, so easily can link up at Schwizz once they actually get interesting terrain open.

Yeah that'd be awesome. Most everything was open up there today except the T bar, sunny side, and the new lower snow ghost. Lots of sharks still out tho

Quote Originally Posted by galibier_numero_un View Post
    Aw ... come on ... get yer screw extractor out to remove the inserts, plug those babies with fiberglass and epoxy and get 'em back into service https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...reedom-Inserts

On another note, my ATK Raider 12s arrived today. Am I nuts to "down size" BG Tours to 179? I love my Praxis GPOs (182) which are 180.5 straight pull. I liked my 187 GPOs until I got into real tight trees.

A 184 is about my max inbounds length, and both inbounds and out, I prioritize for tight, Colorado trees.

I suspect this is something only I can make peace with, especially since neither length comes in red.

...Thom

FWIW I have 184 goats for inbounds and tour on 179 Steeple 116s, and I like that set up. Especially if you're gonna be skiing tight trees, I say go for it. I still have yet to find the speed limit on the 179s. 5' 8" 155 lbs

Billy goats are dumb. Get kartel 116s
    Yall are being ridiculous. Full disclosure, I haven't skied either, but it seems to me the real differences are mount point and tail shape. Landing switch? (Lol) get the j116. Like a forward mount? Get the j116.

Otherwise the goat is the GOAT.

somebody posted these on Insta, and now I am experiencing a strong urge of buying one of ON3P touring offerings... They just look like soooo much fun.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020–12–25 kl. 17.06.44.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	354738

Here to help the urge.

Name:	DAA79CA1-B19B-433A-882B-F64976BC6EEA.jpeg 
Views:	255 
Size:	506.4 KB 
ID:	354739

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    somebody posted these on Insta, and now I am experiencing a strong urge of buying one of ON3P touring offerings... They just look like soooo much fun.

Name:	Skjermbilde 2020–12–25 kl. 17.06.44.jpeg 
Views:	136 
Size:	560.8 KB 
ID:	354738
    Same thing came over me yesterday without the insta hit. Then I saved $780 when I saw the 179 BG 108 tours are sold out, Woodsman too

Sent from the Utility Muffin Research Kitchen

There is a pair of 108 tour goats in a 186 at my local shop for those who are tempted.

Name:	IMG_2183.JPG 
Views:	170 
Size:	169.1 KB 
ID:	354752
    Also saw these haha... wrong brand killer ski though. These are the 192.

Blasphemy! Did you cover up a pair of mint C&Ds to take a picture of a DPS ski?!? Funny that they still run at 700 at half price

Were the C&Ds discounted too? Size?

Nice sticks Conundrum! It looks like we have different binding preferences, but that sure looks like a solid setup for touring based fun!

They were 189s didn’t catch the price honestly. I’ll check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Backward_Banana View Post
    FWIW I have 184 goats for inbounds and tour on 179 Steeple 116s, and I like that set up. Especially if you're gonna be skiing tight trees, I say go for it. I still have yet to find the speed limit on the 179s. 5' 8" 155 lbs
    That pretty much fits my skier profile as well. Thanks for that. I think I would have held firm on not going for the 184s (179 out of stock at the moment), but there was always the remote possibility that I'd cave ;-)

Part of me is kicking myself for not acting sooner, and then (the fiscally responsible part) was ok with waiting.

Urge acknowledged ==>

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Here to help the urge.

Name:	DAA79CA1-B19B-433A-882B-F64976BC6EEA.jpeg 
Views:	255 
Size:	506.4 KB 
ID:	354739
    ... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Gman is offline Mack Master William Large
    I’ve got wren 98 tours in 179, old Jeffrey 114’s in 186 and a bunch of other skis in between in different lengths. Most of my skis were bought when I lived back east. one commonality I’ve found is that On3p skis are much closer to their advertised lengths vs other companies who advertise a 182-184 are closer to 180~~. For reference in 155 without gear and 5’11. I like a shorter ski for touring but now that I live in California I find myself wanting something longer for the more open skiing here.

Broke my 188 Black Crows Corvus yesterday. After finding almost no personal reviews/info on the Wren 110 Pro apart from Scott’s Blister Podcast I decided to screw it and ordered them.

ON3P Wrenegade 110 Pro + Raw Pivot 15 🦅

Merry Christmas!

240#, directional fall-line skier. Anyone got the beta of what I should expect next week?

ON3P taking over the quiver, Protest on sale soon: https://parkerhiggins.com/outdoors/skiing/ski-quiver

sweet sounding setup and a solid quiver you've got going for you. You should snap a pic of it after the wrens make their appearance and post it in the quiver thread for some TGR approval

No beta on said ski, other than what you prob already know. Can't wait to hear how you get on with them. I really like everything about them other than the length being a bit long for myself I really like wren108s, and these should trade a bit of soft snow performance for a new 12-setting on an amp that already went to 11. Please post a picture of them as well - it would be sweet to see them out in the real world and get an appreciation for the graphic.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    sweet sounding setup and a solid quiver you've got going for you. You should snap a pic of it after the wrens make their appearance and post it in the quiver thread for some TGR approval

No beta on said ski, other than what you prob already know. Can't wait to hear how you get on with them. I really like everything about them other than the length being a bit long for myself I really like wren108s, and these should trade a bit of soft snow performance for a new 12-setting on an amp that already went to 11. Please post a picture of them as well - it would be sweet to see them out in the real world and get an appreciation for the graphic.
    Thank for the props on the quiver. Absolutely, will do on the posting and the review. Trying to get them mounted up in 8 days. There’s barely any info on them so I’ll be sure to contribute.

Thinking they’ll be a lot like the previous gen (bull-horns) 185 Cochise but turned up to 11 with more tip rocker. That was my daily driver for years before I lost them in the same incident that the Supergoats went for a year long vacation (SG were recovered I’m that guy). I’ve also been a fan of the 196 Bodacious, which IMO skis like a huge Cochise. I was also on the 189 Spur for a few years. That is actually more difficult than the 196 Bodacious.

Been a big fan of the Supergoats and the 184 Steeple 101 (103?). Hopefully this have the same spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gman View Post
    I’ve got wren 98 tours in 179, old Jeffrey 114’s in 186 and a bunch of other skis in between in different lengths. Most of my skis were bought when I lived back east. one commonality I’ve found is that On3p skis are much closer to their advertised lengths vs other companies who advertise a 182-184 are closer to 180~~. For reference in 155 without gear and 5’11. I like a shorter ski for touring but now that I live in California I find myself wanting something longer for the more open skiing here.
    Yup, and thanks for that. My 179 Steeples are about .5cm shorter than my 182 GPOs (when measured "straight pull").

... Thom
    Galibier Design
    crafting technology in service of music

Quote Originally Posted by CAPHILL View Post
    Thank for the props on the quiver. Absolutely, will do on the posting and the review. Trying to get them mounted up in 8 days. There’s barely any info on them so I’ll be sure to contribute.

Thinking they’ll be a lot like the previous gen (bull-horns) 185 Cochise but turned up to 11 with more tip rocker. That was my daily driver for years before I lost them in the same incident that the Supergoats went for a year long vacation (SG were recovered I’m that guy). I’ve also been a fan of the 196 Bodacious, which IMO skis like a huge Cochise. I was also on the 189 Spur for a few years. That is actually more difficult than the 196 Bodacious.

Been a big fan of the Supergoats and the 184 Steeple 101 (103?). Hopefully this have the same spirit.

Interested in the review as well.

Also... please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by CAPHILL
    Thinking they’ll be a lot like the previous gen (bull-horns) 185 Cochise but turned up to 11 with more tip rocker. That was my daily driver for years before I lost them in the same incident that the Supergoats went for a year long vacation (SG were recovered I’m that guy).

I've decided to part with my Woodsmans. It is finally beaten into my head that I need to be further back on the ski.

I know Scott has said it here before but I now understand the importance of mount point in the hierarchy of Ski Characteristics. This is the second pair in my experiment to verify it for myself (first was some 189 Rx which I fully hated).

Almost every ski I've had has been more directional in the mount point.

So now I aim to visualize: where on the sidecut will I put my weight? Body type, ski mount point, stance/ramp/boots all work to determine.

The most intuitive setup for me: BG, Pivots, modern Langes.

The Woodsman is a nice shape but I can't/won't adjust my stance to ski their sweet spot.

Might trade for a Wren but inclined to just sell to afford C&D tours when they come.

Anyone want some 192s?

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    Interested in the review as well.

Also... please explain.
    It could be apples to oranges but my guess is that it should be similar in the foundations of the ski. The nuances are to be determined.

- metal
    - flat tail
    - longer radius side cut
    - 108 vs 110 underfoot

Like the post above me. I’m definitely a more traditional style skier. Langes, Pivots, always prefer to be on top of the ski driving.

I’ve skied a bunch of more centrally mounted skis, and like the post above my. Was a bit concerned about the Woodsman, I knew I definitely wouldn’t like the Jeffrey.

It’s all speculation at this point. Nobody has written anything up on the Wren Pros. I guess I’m “one of the two guys at Snowbird or Jackson” who will actually use them.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I've decided to part with my Woodsmans. It is finally beaten into my head that I need to be further back on the ski.

I know Scott has said it here before but I now understand the importance of mount point in the hierarchy of Ski Characteristics. This is the second pair in my experiment to verify it for myself (first was some 189 Rx which I fully hated).

Almost every ski I've had has been more directional in the mount point.

So now I aim to visualize: where on the sidecut will I put my weight? Body type, ski mount point, stance/ramp/boots all work to determine.

The most intuitive setup for me: BG, Pivots, modern Langes.

The Woodsman is a nice shape but I can't/won't adjust my stance to ski their sweet spot.

Might trade for a Wren but inclined to just sell to afford C&D tours when they come.

Anyone want some 192s?
    Sorry to hear they didn’t work out for you. I will say that this helped with the after purchase decision to go for the Wren Pros over the Woodsman. It was a tough choice.