Page 252 of 599 FirstFirst ... 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 ... LastLast
Results 6,276 to 6,300 of 14972
    too bad that and I took my baby on a Saturday bang can't go on the sidewalls as iggy is C&D prone

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5011.JPG 
Views:	192 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	270987
    Stoke worthy day of cold pow, sled assisted

- I am here for the stoke

^ sorry about the visibility =)
    Uno mas

My akfishsticks continue to deliver. Best fukken ski evar!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Bunny Don't Surf

Have you seen a one armed man around here?

Just popping in here to comment on my 111 wrens. The 191 with slight rocker tail.

After busting my toe binding on my powder ski the other day, I grabbed the Wrens from the car.

Ended up with 2 1/2 powder days on them and they worked great. Of course they kill any tracked stuff, were great in the uncut easy to stomp.

Just wanted to thank Iggy and On3p for having made this ski. Great in everything. Even handles those icy entrances with ease. Hell, they stomped a 15’ Cornice drop to ice and transitioned with easy into the powder.

Getting read to mount Jdadour’s 17’ Asym 191 C&D’s. Can do attacks on the line, but two of the toe holes would be right next to/overlapping with previous holes. All the old holes were plugged with hardwood and epoxy though.

Second option is just put on attack demos, with no mounting conflicts. Not sure there’s any real benefit with these to be able to move the mount point?

Nothing to add other than to say my C&D’s were the right choice today.

Name:	2FD276A0-442F-422A-B600-A26401430B8E.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	550.8 KB 
ID:	271071

Name:	ED8DCB9F-BF25-480A-8A74-67FC2B87F096.jpg 
Views:	318 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	271072

Name:	D03B9757-9B4D-48F5-ADF2-B40DD9D82DBC.jpg 
Views:	235 
Size:	511.1 KB 
ID:	271074

If anyone is looking for a mid season pickup. I'm liquidating ski's because of injuries that make skiing not fun. My only regret is that Scott doesn't make snowboards.

https://www.tetongravity.com/forums/...u-want-BG-K108
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    My only regret is that Scott doesn't make snowboards.
    Check out Habitual Snowboards, he’s pressing them in Welches. Or, take a look at Deviation, the Dispensary here has a deal on some. My step-daughter loves hers (The Prime swallowtail).

Name:	IMG_4134.JPG 
Views:	215 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	271107

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    Getting read to mount Jdadour’s 17’ Asym 191 C&D’s. Can do attacks on the line, but two of the toe holes would be right next to/overlapping with previous holes. All the old holes were plugged with hardwood and epoxy though.

Second option is just put on attack demos, with no mounting conflicts. Not sure there’s any real benefit with these to be able to move the mount point?
    You have more experience with Attack demos than anyone I know. Do you notice the difference vs regular attack? I don't think there is anything to worry about with the first option fwiw

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    If anyone is looking for a mid season pickup. I'm liquidating ski's because of injuries that make skiing not fun. My only regret is that Scott doesn't make snowboards.
    Would PM or reply to your thread but I'm new to TGR and it won't let me for some reason/ I don't know how. Will you ship to New Zealand?

Quote Originally Posted by Muggydude View Post
    All the old holes were plugged with hardwood and epoxy though
    agree with margotron on this one. my experience with hardwood and epoxy plugging has been great, just need to make sure on the overlap with the new hole you drill a pilot and work your way up in diameter to the final size

@detuned

How many steps are sufficient? 3.5mm to 6.35mm to tapping for inserts good enough?
    Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You have more experience with Attack demos than anyone I know. Do you notice the difference vs regular attack? I don't think there is anything to worry about with the first option fwiw
    First gen Demo attacks ski great. Main downside is they weigh 250g more per side and have a 6mm higher stack height. Might try to do the hole overlap though

I'm still getting used to the utter burliness of Durasurf 4001. I ran my billy goats full force across a pumice patch hidden beneath 4" of powder today such that it quickly stopped me (or stopped my skis, really) and sent me careening across the rocks. When I got up and checked out my bases there were only the mildest of scrapes and gauges, and none even repair-worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    checked out my bases there were only the mildest of scrapes and gauges, and none even repair-worthy.
    true that

ive gone over some gnar terrain even to the point of breaking off chunks of rock (albeit eroded granite) thinking, "im gonna be breathing p-tex tonight" only to find little to no damage

have yet to need any base repairs and continue to roll over stuff that would normally gouge canyons in other ski bases

somebody once told me a customer complaint about on3p skis is they are made too well, not giving them reason to sell their current skis to try new ones - not a bad problem to have

I've owned 8 different pairs of ON3P's over the years and I've only had to do a single base repair. And that was after dry-docking a 10 foot drop onto granite covered by a few inches of snow. Still wasn't even a core shot, just a nasty gouge in the base material.

One of my favorite things about my ON3Ps is their burliness. I literally hit rocks nearly every single day I ski and after 250 days over the course of a couple seasons on two pairs of skis I finally had to fix a real core shot a few weeks ago after hitting a pointy shark sideways mid cliff band. It tomahawked me sideways so hard I was sure I blasted the edge to smithereens. Nope, just a 4cm by 1cm bit of base volcano'd and the edge looked like it hadn't even hit anything. My mind was blown on that one.

Quote Originally Posted by detuned View Post
    agree with margotron on this one. my experience with hardwood and epoxy plugging has been great, just need to make sure on the overlap with the new hole you drill a pilot and work your way up in diameter to the final size
    I never had the confidence/stones to try this.

I just remounted PF196's. Plugged as described, but just went +1 to avoid overlap. Thought being, I'm realistically not gonna notice only +1.

And I don't notice, they rip.

ymmv.

Got my new Wren 96 mounted. First day on snow today. So stoked.

Name:	Image1551503547.436850.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	230.3 KB 
ID:	272062

Name:	Image1551503562.981929.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	244.8 KB 
ID:	272063

Name:	Image1551503576.090366.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	235.3 KB 
ID:	272064

w96s stock graphics are absolutely bonkers this year imho, but my oh my - those look mighty good as well! The on snow appearance must be amazing

@the_flying_v

Need to let me know before the pictures if I need my drool cup.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Took the C&Ds on a trip just now.

TL;DR - They’re a wider, softer BG, and they ski like it. In their element, they are surfier, more stable, better. Out of their element, they are worse. No surprises. Lots of fun. I would like to try the banana rocker version, but don’t need to.

Trip had some interesting snow. Hadn’t snowed in a long time, had remained incredibly cold. Lots of deep, loose, faceted snow on N/NE aspects that sluffed but no more. C&Ds here were everything I could hope. Surfy, pivoty, stable at a lot of speed. Got to ski some places that are rarely stable enough to ski on the C&Ds, and had some of the best runs of my life. Could just haul, could arc huge turns, could shed speed easily, stable af.

Then there were the other (S/W/etc) aspects. The C&Ds (for me) are far more prone to deflection than the BGs. Hit plenty of windfucked and sunfucked snow, as well as some hilariously weird 1”+ breakable crust on top of deep, soft snow. On any of these, I would rather be on the BGs. I got worked on suncrusted mank. To be clear, everyone got worked, but the C&Ds got kicked around a lot. Brother’s BGs were making the most of this stuff, for what that’s worth.

Not trying to claim these suffer for not being bump skis. Do think the BGs are better in variable snow, and likely prefer them on all but the biggest days. The C&Ds want soft snow, lots of it. When they get it, holy fuck.

For context: 6’2” 230, ski a little upright, more forward than ideal for kartels. Definitely just a hack.
    Last edited by theetruscan; 03-02-2019 at 12:48 PM.

First day on '17/'18 Billy Goats today at Mammoth. We had 6-8" new this morning and the standard 10' of wind that shut everything down at noon.

I'm 5'9", 160. Like to drive skis, been looking for a pow ski that I can drive the tip like I can on my old Atomic Atlas, but that has a bit of tail rocker to loosen them up. Less than a Bibby is what I'm looking for.

BG 184cm, mounted +4mm (due to previous mount, keep in mind that is mm not cm) were super fun. Very flickable, amazing in the trees and if I stayed centered, if I drove the tips they went down. Not disastrously, but not exactly what I'm looking for and what I had read about.

Thoughts? Remount the toes back a bit? They r damn close.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    He who has the most fun wins!