Page 163 of 594 FirstFirst ... 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,075 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by slowroastin View Post
    Or just tour on the heavy core. Is 2-3 pounds worth another $600 - $850?

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    2-3 pounds is a shit ton of weight on your feet...
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

We got a monster spring lion storm of 20” for my test today on the new 189 asymmetrical goats. On Big faces they just go like my spurs. In trees they are still quick like my 186 just a bit longer. But where I noticed most differences was on some rock drops. Did a couple 6 footers and they are just stomp machines. Solid platform and very even on landing. So all in all a great update IMO.
    I need to go to Utah.
    Utah?
    Yeah, Utah. It's wedged in between Wyoming and Nevada. You've seen pictures of it, right?

So after 15 years we finally made it to Utah.....

Thanks BCSAR and POWMOW Ski Patrol for rescues

8, 17, 13, 18, 16, 18, 20, 19, 16, 24, 32, 35

2021/2022 (13/15)

Got some 16/17 179 Wren 98's in the mail today. Stoked to go ride them. Now the only question is, do I put the basically new Griffons on that I have laying around, or wait until I can find some Pivots?

anyone been on 2018 Kartel 108s, AND the new 2019 hybrid radius K108s? Maybe demoed?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Just a heads up - we're still updating a lot - so definitely still some errors on the pages (like this). We just got sick of the webside being down, so figured we could just turn it back on quietly on a Friday morning will we continue to work on pages. Alas...

Info is like 90% in, but will be this evening before its totally proofed.
    I almost shit my pants when I saw the prior info lol. It showed tour core and 2.42 kg/ski in 189. But then 6 and 7 tips and tails. Medium flexing. I almost thought, “Obsethed replacement?!”..

Then I immediately thought, if the tour core is 2420g, how much would custom standard layup 189s weigh. 2700g/ski? Floatier 191 Monster 108 replacement?? That’s where I lost it.

You took me for a ride lol! I read into it wayyyy too much.

With the correct info now showing, the W114 still seems amazing. The newer Wren 108 shape and rocker profile is phenomenal. Compared to 191 Wrens, the 189 Wren 108 is probably 90% as fast, but what you trade off in top end, you gain threefold in maneuverability. You guys hit this shape and profile out of the f’n park. Might be my new favorite ski. To be honest, I don’t have nearly as much time on the W108 as I did on the 191 Wrens, but I can’t see myself finding them worse. Since I only have skied them in nightmarish conditions, and still found myself smiling. On ice moguls.

The sidecut really links up now, on anything smoother, whether firm or soft. The older 191 Wrens did not carve like this, nor the older viciks. Those were good, but not as snappy from edge to edge and not as able to make such a clean carve. I find all my 2018 On3ps to be much carvier, and better on edge than older On3ps. A welcome surprise this year! Supergoats, Kartels, and Wrens, all are very enjoyable on the groomers back to the lift now. They don’t loose any of that On3p forgiveness though, and still have the perfect amount of resistance for shutting things down quickly, when you need to.

What’s the rocker like on new Wren 114s, compared to 108? It should be better in trees compared to older 191 Wrens??

Last edited by Betelgeuse; 04-15-2018 at 09:47 AM.

The link I found most interesting was the one called Shop Class. Curious what Iggy’s got up his sleeve with that... If it’s what I think it is, i’m down.

Beetle Juice - I've been saying all season the W108's are the ideal ski for Tahoe. Glad you've seen the light.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    The link I found most interesting was the one called Shop Class. Curious what Iggy’s got up his sleeve with that... If it’s what I think it is, i’m down.
    Come in and help build your own skis?

Scott - are you going to be updating top sheet options on the ski builder page? Asking before I pull the trigger on my Kartel 108's w/touring layup.

Custom page still has the 17/18 skis for me

Any update on the Metal Wrens? Still mid season release next year? What impression have they left on those testing them?

Best Skier on the Mountain
    Self-Certified
    1992 - 2012
    Squaw Valley, USA

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Custom page still has the 17/18 skis for me
    Yeah, I assume this year’s top sheets will all be an option on any ski, more so wondering if there’s anything new in the custom lineup before I order.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    Yeah, I assume this year’s top sheets will all be an option on any ski, more so wondering if there’s anything new in the custom lineup before I order.
    What size k108 you going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    What size k108 you going with?

Hoping that’s the case. I think it’d be a pretty cool experience.

Bit like kicking a hornets nest. One build and we’ll really think we’re expert designers. Dampness thread will be next level. Shoot me now

Just saw the stock skis will be available with black/white topsheet options as well (currently listed on their site as “out of stock”). My question is whether or not there will be an up charge for that option.

I should add that I haven’t read anything specific to my question in this thread or in the blister podcast.

Any light she’s on the topic will be greatly appreciated.

You took me for a ride lol! I read into it wayyyy too much.
    Lol my bad.

What’s the rocker like on new Wren 114s, compared to 108?
    Same. That profile is really dialed.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post

Scott - are you going to be updating top sheet options on the ski builder page? Asking before I pull the trigger on my Kartel 108's w/touring layup.
    Though discussed something like that, we honestly wouldn't have time for that right now. Shop class is something I've wanted to do for awhile, but haven't had the time. Putting it on the website to force me to find the time - but essentially just a place to discuss ski construction/design/maintenance (at least as I see them). Just an example of what I've been wanting work up - skiers have been hitting rails for 20 years now, but 95+% of park skiers still don't know how to detune an edge. That is the sort of education gap I'm hoping to close a bit.

And yes some new topsheet options on their way. New custom builder going up next 24-36 hours. We're just building out all the conditional formatting and checking everything (lots of variants to check). Going to be running a 30-or-so-day custom sale now for 2019 skis once it is live (Late May - Early June Production window) so you are aware.

Top wise, not much new, but Garnet & Gunmetal will be available within the custom line (vs. just SuperGoats before).. We added a Jessie Black option and Light Blue as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nickwm21 View Post
    Any update on the Metal Wrens? Still mid season release next year? What impression have they left on those testing them?
    Not at this time. No real timeline but profile still needs several rounds to dial in at least. Jay has a pair so maybe he will hop in with some words. They are stable and turn big - that is the big thing every is leading with. I still think stock layup is going to be better suited for most skiers, though. We've ordered the metal, so it is for sure coming once we get it dialed. Just know it might take a bit longer than we hope.

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Bit like kicking a hornets nest. One build and we’ll really think we’re expert designers. Dampness thread will be next level. Shoot me now
    You guys have things perfectly covered in this regard without my help...

Quote Originally Posted by tharmor View Post
    Just saw the stock skis will be available with black/white topsheet options as well (currently listed on their site as “out of stock”). My question is whether or not there will be an up charge for that option.
    Correct - there will be an upcharge (otherwise would undercut our custom program), just no wait time like a normal custom. The options are limited to our top models - 181cm/186cm Kartel 108, 184 Wren 108, 184cm BG - maybe a couple more. If it isn't listed as available next week or so, it won't be made available and the custom build will be the only way to get that custom ski/size (just addressing this now, as we've already has people emailing about waiting for in-stock customs in low volume sizes, which we aren't big enough to support). Color options likely going to just be black too, once the white sells out.

Hope that helps.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Going to be running a 30-or-so-day custom sale now for 2019 skis once it is live (Late May - Early June Production window) so you are aware.
    Details on the sale?

And ya, the new Wren profile is super dialed and balanced.

Due to a freak late season snowstorm i was able to get out on my new W98's for a couple of days this weekend. Man I love these so far. They did everything I wanted, blasted through chopped up powder, bumps were awesome and easy to throw sideways when I wanted. Even felt great noodling behind my young one when she was snowboarding today. Can't wait to get more days on these

New custom builder going up next 24-36 hours. We're just building out all the conditional formatting and checking everything (lots of variants to check). Going to be running a 30-or-so-day custom sale now for 2019 skis once it is live (Late May - Early June Production window) so you are
    Yaaaasssss give us more details!!

We're not all that original - so same deal as years past. $100 off custom sale in a presale capacity. As stated, current order window will be about 30 days, with actual production starting about 2 weeks after that window closes.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Did you decide whether or not you’re doing the “lady” Goat? The wife loves the new Jessie 96 topsheet in purple and has already asked about her powder skis for next year...

Oh, and any chance you might run a few C&D’s w/ green sidewalls when you finally run them? If they’re not available as customs that is...

@iggyskier I sent you an email, but just in case... when do you expect the Magnus 102's to be in stock? Can I forgo the park de-tune?

Also, how would you compare the Magnus102's to the old Jmo's? And also, Kartel108's to Jeffrey110's.

Thanks.

What's the weight like on 184 C&D's? They look absolutely phenomenal!

When they go ahead and call your bluff by making the C&D what you wanted. Guess I'm on the hook for some now.
    Training for Alpental