Page 362 of 594 FirstFirst ... 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 ... LastLast
Results 9,026 to 9,050 of 14839
    Those are sick. What binding?

Quote Originally Posted by The Artist Formerly Known as Leavenworth Skier View Post
    Those are sick. What binding?
    I want these. But not sure yet.

Name:  r12-lightblue.90.jpeg
Views: 1335
Size:  25.5 KB

@norse fuckkkkk so sexy!! Super excited to hear on snow review!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

My new skis also arrived last week, but we had to evacuate so it’s been a minute before I could post. Jeffrey 108’s, softer flex (I like the rounder flex profile, I’ve found), white sidewalls... And I just love the Eh Ski bases, they make me chuckle.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	D1ADF3B9-4F60-4FCA-974B-CFD2DC4256A0.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	702.3 KB 
ID:	340195

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	F21317FF-003D-4131-8A6C-B8344A12FF66.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	699.7 KB 
ID:	340196

A question for iggy/crew: what's the serial numbering scheme?

Do skis only of a specific model & width & length start with 001 and count up? 187cm WD 108 s/n 001 to 250, 182cm WD 108 s/n 001 to 200....

Or do you build 187cm from 001 to 150 or whatever, then 182's resume with 151 to 2xx, 192's 2xx to 3xx?

How do customs fit in?

Pretty sure this is it.
    Name:  IMG_2686.JPG
Views: 1269
Size:  167.9 KB

Holy those look so good.

MHSP - nice!

Just got brand ass new wren 108ti’s for $300

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I want these. But not sure yet.

Name:  r12-lightblue.90.jpeg
Views: 1335
Size:  25.5 KB
    those would be sex

Dang... where did you pull this off?

Quote Originally Posted by rdhansss1998 View Post
    Just got brand ass new wren 108ti’s for $300

Mad props to Colorado Mag N1CK for helping me with getting these Wren 114 189s off Denver CL and shipping them out to me in LA. Hope you get some good snow karma this season! One mount, excellent condition, these skis look SICK.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200917_081326.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	1.74 MB 
ID:	340531  

N1CK is a solid Mag, shipped my goats last fall as well!

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    One question for Iggy and the peanut gallery as I get more serious about this custom ski order: In the ski builder the Tour profile is described as "rounder" if I want a more progressive flex will +stiff keep me around the same weight, or preferable to go with the 50-50 profile?
    Did this ever get answered for you? I too saw that and am curious how the 50/50 layup affects ski characteristics as opposed to only being more durable. I assume it adds some damping but a slightly stiffer feel as well?

Anybody else having a hard time deciding between the BGTour108 and BGTour? What's your thought process? This will be my only tour setup (w/ ATKs or MTNs), mid-winter touring in the Alberta Rockies and Eastern BC (Roger's Pass, Kootenays). At home in AB the 108 makes more sense with lower tide conditions but the 116 will be so choice for deeper BC pow and drops. Weight is essentially a wash between the two so do I go for a bit of added versatility at the expense of some float or vice-versa? (6'2", 190lbs)

Currently on the Wren108/BG quiver and while the Wren has its moments to shine, the BG puts a smile on my face every time I'm on them.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Anybody else having a hard time deciding between the BGTour108 and BGTour? What's your thought process?
    how often do you use ski crampons? 108 allowing you to go with 110s over monster 120s is a dark horse deciding factor if you get too stuck.

I'd go 108 for an only setup but don't think you're wrong either way. I have a heavy steeple 108 as my only resort ski and I'm always happy, though I'm 15lbs lighter than you.

Did this ever get answered for you? I too saw that and am curious how the 50/50 layup affects ski characteristics as opposed to only being more durable. I assume it adds some damping but a slightly stiffer feel as well?

Anybody else having a hard time deciding between the BGTour108 and BGTour? What's your thought process? This will be my only tour setup (w/ ATKs or MTNs), mid-winter touring in the Alberta Rockies and Eastern BC (Roger's Pass, Kootenays). At home in AB the 108 makes more sense with lower tide conditions but the 116 will be so choice for deeper BC pow and drops. Weight is essentially a wash between the two so do I go for a bit of added versatility at the expense of some float or vice-versa? (6'2", 190lbs)

Currently on the Wren108/BG quiver and while the Wren has its moments to shine, the BG puts a smile on my face every time I'm on them.
    I can't really weigh in on the BG specifically but I can put out my 2 cents in on width. For a while I toured on the old Nocta (125 underfoot). I started touring quite a bit in higher exposure terrain and constantly wanted something narrower in these hairy situations. Then I switched to the MVP (109 underfoot) and felt so much better in hairy terrain and on soft snow days I wasn't really craving something wider. It's been a much better choice for the touring I do. With all that being said, if I never toured in hairy terrain I would of stuck with the Nocta. But I like wide skis. Anything more than 3" of fresh I'm grabbing the protest (non touring). 6'3, 205lbs

Summary. Hairy terrain = 108. No hairy terrain = 116.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Anybody else having a hard time deciding between the BGTour108 and BGTour? What's your thought process?
    Koots and Rogers pass = 116mm hands down

'Berta = Don't really know, but the 116's are incredible in anything soft.

So long as you're not seeking out boilerplate in the Rockies, 116's are the way to go I think.

Is pow the only thing ya'll ever ski in Canada lol?

For a do it all touring ski, no matter the location, I would go with the 108 over the 116. The BG RES shape punches well above its weight in soft snow. I'm sure the 108 will perform excellently in anything but the deepest days, which is a fine trade off for better handling of the thousands of other conditions you'll likely face in the backcountry.

These are 116s in Rogers Pass. Clearly not enough float.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    Is pow the only thing ya'll ever ski in Canada lol?

For a do it all touring ski, no matter the location, I would go with the 108 over the 116. The BG RES shape punches well above its weight in soft snow. I'm sure the 108 will perform excellently in anything but the deepest days, which is a fine trade off for better handling of the thousands of other conditions you'll likely face in the backcountry.
    Yeah, for a true DD touring ski I'd rather be on the 108s, and I like big skis. That obviously comes with tradeoffs of float but you can't have it all out of one ski.

I got a reply via email

If a stiffness match is what you would like, I would go 50/50. The 50/50 is real close in terms of flex, just not the same stability and damping in variable.

The stiffer option would be an improvement, but what we're doing with the soft/stiff is just a core thickness shift - a la Igneous did back in the day - so while it does add some stiffness, the affects of would not match the added stiffness of going with the thicker base.
    My scenario sounds similar to yours in that most of the time these skis will be in low tide conditions compared to the deep snowpack in the cascades.

I also have W108's and goats. The W108 is actually a great pow ski in a pinch, I suspect the BG108 will be just slightly better because of all the float in the tip and its loose nature. I rarely ski bc conditions too deep and light for a 108 ski. I'm leaning that direction.
    Last edited by jackattack; 09-18-2020 at 11:01 AM.

I love my 116 Billy Goats (resort), but I don't think I would enjoy them for spring missions. Maybe you have something for spring already though.

Alberta has great spring skiing. For a one ski quiver, I would go with the 108. Float should be adequate for Rogers Pass/Fernie/etc.

Other thought: My girlfriend has a pair of Woodsman 108s (resort). She finds them to be quite versatile, and they provide great float compared to similar sized skis. The Woodsman tour looks like an interesting DD. You might miss that Billygoat magic, and I have no reference for the BG 108, but for the 116 I really want soft (not necessarily deep) snow.

I'm an outlier. I prefer to tour on big skis midwinter. I think a big part of that is that I'm in CO, and we tend to ski a lot of low angle pow midwinter here, and having a bigger ski to help you plane up on low angle terrain is really helpful.

For more mixed spring stuff, yeah the narrower ski would be better, but the BG shape just wouldn't be my first choice for firmer snow anyway.

So personally I'd pretty much always go BG116T vs BG108T. In the 108 class I'd probably go Wood108T rather than BG. But I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here.

Yep, I think snow type is the main factor. 108mm is great for float midwinter in PNW maritime but would be narrow in Rockies fluff.

With how well RES deals with "natural" BC variable conditions, the BG108 is just about ideal winter PNW rig IMO. Adequate but not ideal for spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Yep, I think snow type is the main factor. 108mm is great for float midwinter in PNW maritime but would be narrow in Rockies fluff.
    Yeah, this is the same debate as BG vs C&D, etc...