Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120
Results 2,976 to 2,986 of 2986
    I skied division bell's old billygoats at brighton today in cut up pow and they destroyed all

Four days in bottomless BC & WA pow. Skiing Protests.
    All I could think: "These are fun as sh*t. But if I had my 'goats, I could REALLY get after it". You guys killed it this year.
    Two more spots in the quiver that I want to fill with similar goodness: Stiff directional groomer & death ice skis in ~98 (Wren?, but alas, sold out) and my dedicated volcano setup (Steeples?). All I wish for is a skinny skimo-goat. Is that nuts?
    Big, big fan. And as above, I stopped listening to Blister a long, long time ago.

I got some more data on the 189 asym BG. I still need more time. Piecemeal review.

Agree with the “neutral stance on groomers” advice. It’s a little counter-intuitive to me to point em and let em run without having my shins mashed against my boots...it does work, but I’m still getting used to it. They pick up speed QUICK. They are a little better on groomers than the 191. I prefer the 188 Q to both the 189 asym and the 191 on firm snow. But whatever. 116-118 underfoot. A whiff of a detune would help. They all get back to the chair across the corduroy or through the kiddy park just fine.

But as auvgeek has noted, no shop can get the edges back to their initial goodness, so I’m a little leery of detuning.

They destroy soft snow in tight spaces. Check my IG for some tree laps.

The 191s I have are SLIGHTLY softer in the tail and that makes them just a touch easier to break free into a pivot. So in fresh snow, 189s are a little quicker edge to edge. In variable snow, I prefer the 191, just because that ability to break the tail free is a bit of a safety valve for me while going a little too fast in tight spaces. I usually achieve the tail break by pressuring my heels and stomping into the turn a little. Totally doable on the 191. The 189 resists my attempts. Auvgeek’s pair of stiffer 191 veneers have the same resistance. I think the standard layup is stiffer now than it was in 13/14. Or the 80 days I’ve put on the 191s has softened them slightly. Though I sort of doubt that just because they are ON3Ps.

Plenty of float for the 4-8” from yesterday. Any more, and I bet the 191 has an advantage.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Maybe it is just the sharpness of the tune on the new pair keeping them more locked in?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27048868_10215347534191274_191575063_o.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	221923
    191 and 193s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27329429_10215347799957918_490317711_o.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	221924
    My helmet matches my skis.

Have a pair of BG’s that I love. I’m wanting to switch from my 13/14 Cochise to a more versatil and playful every day non powder ski. Would people recommend kartel or wren 100’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Blister tests gear for a living. They try to be objective, but clearly have their biases.

Oh well, too bad they think the Bibby Pro is a good as it gets. They are missing out skiing shitty skis while I enjoy my Billy Goats.
    I've never skied Billy Goats, but really want to and I'm sure they are amazing as everyone says. I did ski my Bibby Pros yesterday and they are far from shitty skis. It could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing (good chance), but the Bibby Pros are the best skis I've ever owned.

I'm going to be pretty torn on size for the Billy Goat. I often wish I had the 190 Bibby rather than the 184 (found them used before they started making them again so couldn't be picky), but I think it's mainly from the Bibby actually being like 182 then being more center mounted. They look short up front, but don't really ski that way and I've never had problems with float or stability. Thinking the actual 184 of the BG with a more traditional mount will look and feel a bit longer already. These days I'm probably spending more time in tight trees than nuking wide open spaces, so the 184 might be right. I'm 5'10" and around 165 and a strong skier.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I've never skied Billy Goats, but really want to and I'm sure they are amazing as everyone says. I did ski my Bibby Pros yesterday and they are far from shitty skis. It could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing (good chance), but the Bibby Pros are the best skis I've ever owned.

I'm going to be pretty torn on size for the Billy Goat. I often wish I had the 190 Bibby rather than the 184 (found them used before they started making them again so couldn't be picky), but I think it's mainly from the Bibby actually being like 182 then being more center mounted. They look short up front, but don't really ski that way and I've never had problems with float or stability. Thinking the actual 184 of the BG with a more traditional mount will look and feel a bit longer already. These days I'm probably spending more time in tight trees than nuking wide open spaces, so the 184 might be right. I'm 5'10" and around 165 and a strong skier.
    184 would be the right choice. they float like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    184 would be the right choice. they float like mad.
    Agreed. Our 184cm is like a 187cm Moment.

Quote Originally Posted by 808cam View Post
    Have a pair of BG’s that I love. I’m wanting to switch from my 13/14 Cochise to a more versatil and playful every day non powder ski. Would people recommend kartel or wren 100’s.
    Me too - not that part about cochise but WTB a used pair of 189/191 Wrenegade 98's for daily driver if anyone is holding.

Overheard on chair today in reference to SG’s “man those are some burly sticks” :-D