Page 255 of 599 FirstFirst ... 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 ... LastLast
Results 6,351 to 6,375 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Apparently the year after mine they softened the flex and increased the radius to make it "more stable". I kinda like the stiff-but-playful feel of the model I'm on - I assume the newer models aren't too different but... I dunno. I probably don't need new skis to be honest, but I'm addicted to gear.
    Keep in mind that I'm not bagging on the K108, just not my cup of tea. More people like them than don't.

I'm at the point where I actually don't feel like I am missing something in the quiver. The Kartel/Jeffrey line is so suited to my style that I can't really see myself on anything else. I'm smaller than most on here so I don't overpower the tips very often.

I've been having so much fun on my K108s that I'm probably going to be selling my BGs.

I've already started thinking about which pair or two I will bring with me to college, I'm leaning towards the presters and K108s. I'll have to wait and see where I'll be skiing I suppose.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    I'm at the point where I actually don't feel like I am missing something in the quiver. The Kartel/Jeffrey line is so suited to my style that I can't really see myself on anything else. I'm smaller than most on here so I don't overpower the tips very often.

I've been having so much fun on my K108s that I'm probably going to be selling my BGs.

I've already started thinking about which pair or two I will bring with me to college, I'm leaning towards the presters and K108s. I'll have to wait and see where I'll be skiing I suppose.

Damn. That’s quite a quiver. FWIW - I wouldn’t be going anywhere without my Billy’s. Too much fun in the slightest bit of soft.
    Go Sox!

Quote Originally Posted by tpacent View Post
    Damn. That’s quite a quiver. FWIW - I wouldn’t be going anywhere without my Billy’s. Too much fun in the slightest bit of soft.
    It's not that I dislike them, it's just that I prefer having a little more maneuverability in tight trees, lunchtime bumps, etc. I also like having basically the same ski in different waist widths (86, 98, 108, 114, 122) so that I don't need to adjust to a different ski every day.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    Are the demos free? Like at lost trail next week?
    Public demo days are free.

Quote Originally Posted by Jvhowube View Post
    Do you guys know if ON3P does summer sales? Just tuning in to the brand, and really interested in grabbing a pair of 186 Kartel 108's to replace my 2017 Atris. Also any insight on how the Kartel would compare to the old Atris would be great - for use as a daily driver/powder ski at a not-super-steep mountain with lots of tree skiing (Steamboat) with occasional trips to Snowbird/Alta.
    Spring sale will launch publicly next week. If anyone wants to get in earlier, with discounts that will be a bit better on certain models (K108, BG), I set up a code with 20 uses on it - "TGR_Makes_Me_Drink". Just enter it during checkout.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    Public demo days are free.

Spring sale will launch publicly next week. If anyone wants to get in earlier, with discounts that will be a bit better on certain models (K108, BG), I set up a code with 20 uses on it - "TGR_Makes_Me_Drink". Just enter it during checkout.
    Sweet deals - $150 off goats right now with that code. $599 hoe damn.

Ps any plans on hooking the mags up with a deal off custom orders this summer?

Thanks again Iggy for all you do for us!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Cdubmpdx View Post
    Curiosity question that came up when talking with a friend. Anybody know how many pairs of Billy Goats ON3P is currently making and selling per year? Honestly, I have no idea.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    BGs aren't a slouch, but we could more or less existing selling (4) models (K96, K108, M90, M102). That said, we don't post sales numbers for obvious reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by comish View Post
    First day on '17/'18 Billy Goats today at Mammoth. We had 6-8" new this morning and the standard 10' of wind that shut everything down at noon.

I'm 5'9", 160. Like to drive skis, been looking for a pow ski that I can drive the tip like I can on my old Atomic Atlas, but that has a bit of tail rocker to loosen them up. Less than a Bibby is what I'm looking for.

BG 184cm, mounted +4mm (due to previous mount, keep in mind that is mm not cm) were super fun. Very flickable, amazing in the trees and if I stayed centered, if I drove the tips they went down. Not disastrously, but not exactly what I'm looking for and what I had read about.

Thoughts? Remount the toes back a bit? They r damn close.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    Ski them a couple more days before you make any calls. You ski the BG over the balls of your feet, weighted because you have to get the ski to flex. But if you overdrive into the tips, you drive past the width (in the forebody) and sidecut.

Quote Originally Posted by auvgeek View Post
    My impressions as well. Wouldn't necessarily add more camber, but definitely less tip and tail rocker. Don't know much about metal, either, but maybe it will improve the ski with more dampening. Hard for me to really comment since I'm not overly fond of traditional mounts.

I'm hopeful with the addition of the Woodsman, the Wren gets shifts back towards its roots a bit. Maybe with the addition of the Magnus, the Kartel will get a bit burlier, too, but that's not likely.
    Kartel/Jeffrey is really dialed. That isn't changing.

We are certainly excited to have a more damp, aggressive Wrenegade, but I do think the Wren that was the roots of the current model is so niche in today's world that the current model without metal is a lot more practical for today's skier.

The top two questions we get as a brand are:
    1) Where do I mount? (cue video of me drinking poison)
    2) What ski should I buy? I want a Kartel radius with a Wrenegade mount.

The thread recently about how limited the 25m+ options out there are is real. Just not a lot of interest in skis once you get past 24m. We talk a lot about skis on here - but often times the market reality doesn't match those conversations.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Luckily - a stiffer shovel is already in place in the current iteration of the ski (assuming you are on 2018s based on the graphic), and the metal is coming for 2020. Jubilations!

An altered rocker line or change in splay could be interesting for sure. I for one am very happy with the current iteration, though it def can be improved upon or realigned to help tick more boxes. It will be really interesting to hear how metal will alter how they ski.

I do not think anybody is claiming that they are. Easy to ski / accessible traditional mounted skis that powers through varible with gusto seems to be the standard feedback for them.

Wrens will probably remain as ON3Ps traditional mounted ski line though.

I dunno - I do not really foresee either. The current Wrens have seemingly been redesigned to cater to more than the top 1% of chargers out there and be accessible skis that packs a soft snow punch. It will be interesting to see if for instance the redesigned Commander 108 series will prompt changes to the Wren line - that is if Commaders will be both soft snow and hard snow killers. Time will tell. Again, it will be interesting to see how metal alters how Wrens ski.

The idea of the Woodsman seems to be to free up both Wrens but perhaps more so Kartels to remain in their segments. The Woodsman seems to deliver what a lot of folks have been asking for imo with a lower tail, longer effective edge and being stiffer throughout than Kartels, while also being more center mounted than Wrens. Should be awesome imo. The 108 version sounds like an even better quiver of one ski for the more directional ones of us than Kartel108s.

As for Kartels - unless they add a wider Magnus and renaming aside - why change a winning formula just because some of us want it to be something it really wasn't designed to be? That is, a stiff, center mounted charger. There is always custom for us and the geos are pretty dialed imo I dunno, most reviews lavishes praise on the Kartel/Jeffrey as is, so I agree - a change toward the chargy end of the spectrum seems a bit unlikely. (again, hello mister custom over summer option
    I am sure this will come as no surprise, but we really don't care what other brands are doing. I just don't have the time to worry about it (edit to add - neither does Luke). We're still just building skis how we want - with some quirks. I think the lightweight push for inbounds skiers is overblown, that camber sucks, and groomers are for getting to places that aren't groomed. We're going to keep building our small brand under those guidelines, and hopefully people remain interested in what we are putting out.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Ps any plans on hooking the mags up with a deal off custom orders this summer?
    There will be a July custom sale, as we have done in previous years.

Any chance of getting the salmon top sheet back for custom skis?

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Any chance of getting the salmon top sheet back for custom skis?
    We've looked recently and I cannot find it. Might just have to do an updated one.

I really really like the w102s I picked up recently would the w108 or w98 be more similar?
    But Ellen kicks ass - if she had a beard it would be much more haggard. -Jer

We've looked recently and I cannot find it. Might just have to do an updated one.
    Hell yes. Was going to request that this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Praise ACL Jesus
    Healing vibes!

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    I'm at the point where I actually don't feel like I am missing something in the quiver.
    killer quiver!

"TGR_Makes_Me_Drink".
    It should be "ON3P_make_me_broke_but_also_provide_lots_of _stoke!"

I am sure this will come as no surprise, but we really don't care what other brands are doing.
    I was probably unclear - the point was not that you would be reactive to say Moment, Völkl or Black Crows - but that the number of unit sold could affect the refinement/realignment of a particular ski. Moot point perhaps and very much hypothetical. The rest of my post was meant to mirror what you wrote - or was meant to convey something similar, but I might have failed. I def know that you do not go down the Daemon route of BC, basically trying to make a better Mantra, but further refine designs you've refined over years and years.

I really like that you guys have a design philosphy and stick to it - and in the process make awesome skis that I thoroughly enjoy. As always, thanks for the insight!

Now, must resist urge to order more skis!

Maiden voyageClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190308_090045336.jpg 
Views:	203 
Size:	741.2 KB 
ID:	273046

Quote Originally Posted by Chugachjed View Post
    I really really like the w102s I picked up recently would the w108 or w98 be more similar?
    I have had 30 days on 102s. First day on 108s today. 186 vs 189. 102s are stock, 108s are softer fiberglass. Not sure if it really matter. Hand flex very solid.

Tricky conditions and tight terrain made me switch over to Volkl Ones by lunch, so no A-B per now.

But; I will say that they compare excatly as you would expect from the dimensions.

The 108s are the vert hungry freeride brother of the more easy going all mountain 102.

The tails of the 108s are easier to move around (more rocker), but still prefer to ski the fall line.

The tips of the 102s hook up better (less rocker) on hardpack.

The 108s look a bit intimidating, but are easier than older Wrens and similar big mountain skis. Still a lot of ski in tight terrain + heavy snow.

Regarding your question..... I guess the 98s ski more similar

I have a hole in my quiver, I would like something in the snowbird daily driver, no or little new snow slot. Currently I go from 90 underfoot to 116. Thinking Wren 108....

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    I rip the groomed on tele gear

Ski them a couple more days before you make any calls. You ski the BG over the balls of your feet, weighted because you have to get the ski to flex. But if you overdrive into the tips, you drive past the width (in the forebody) and sidecut.
    Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Will do. I know I'm old skool and just loove driving the tips of a ski in pow!

I think a wren 108 w/ Metal would be a great call. I have had some amazing days on my wren's this year when totally smooth. When the afternoon happens and things start getting skied out, I wish for a ski that is more damp, and sometimes head back for a ski with metal. The amount of tip rocker in those is a lot, and does awesome in the fresh, but when it's skied out, the combination of short ski / no metal can make them "bouncy"?
    He who has the most fun wins!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Thanks for the response, appreciate it. Will do. I know I'm old skool and just loove driving the tips of a ski in pow!

I think a wren 108 w/ Metal would be a great call. I have had some amazing days on my wren's this year when totally smooth. When the afternoon happens and things start getting skied out, I wish for a ski that is more damp, and sometimes head back for a ski with metal. The amount of tip rocker in those is a lot, and does awesome in the fresh, but when it's skied out, the combination of short ski / no metal can make them "bouncy"?
    After a few days on a BG it will click, if you hear the instruction Iggy gave [powtron previously commented here about it]. It took minor adjustment and it’s part of my ski style permanently. Now I gravitate towards skis that reward a relaxed, centered stance close to upright, with a hovering the terrain approach. Lots of knee flex and human suspension absorbing terrain- not driving through it. I find it’s easier on my aging knees making less forced impact with the hard surface.
    I still like a screaming metal 95 board on low tide but now I ski them more relaxed and carry the same speed - so much easier on me. Driving skis is tense and a little passé if you ask me.
    Last edited by CascadeLuke; 03-08-2019 at 12:45 PM.

Anyone have experience comparing the 189 BG stock vs Tour layup? Im looking for a 75% inbounds 25% BC ski. I tried to read through this thread but its a lot of pages and i must have missed the topic being discussed.

Im 6'3" 195lbs, skiing in WA so a ski on the damp and stiff side is "needed" for inbounds, but those kind of skis are typically pretty heavy to walk around with. Does the tour layup make the BG ski pretty differently from stock?

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone have experience comparing the 189 BG stock vs Tour layup?
    You're probably aware, but just in case... BG shapes with a tour layup were previously called Steeples. There was a 112 (2016) and a 116 (2018) and they've been discussed in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by californiagrown View Post
    Anyone have experience comparing the 189 BG stock vs Tour layup? Im looking for a 75% inbounds 25% BC ski. I tried to read through this thread but its a lot of pages and i must have missed the topic being discussed.

Im 6'3" 195lbs, skiing in WA so a ski on the damp and stiff side is "needed" for inbounds, but those kind of skis are typically pretty heavy to walk around with. Does the tour layup make the BG ski pretty differently from stock?
    Yes. The steeple 112 that I had was, in my personal experience, a noodle. Go for standard layup if you desire the crud busting abilities of the BG (and you should.)

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Yes. The steeple 112 that I had was, in my personal experience, a noodle. Go for standard layup if you desire the crud busting abilities of the BG (and you should.)
    Agreed. The 112 wasn’t great. Tour layup from those years (14-15?) were similarly poorly reviewed here.

Steeple 116 is totally different. I’m not sure what changed, but I think it’s way better than the older steeples. The stock Asym BG is pretty stiff and all business. The 191 from 2014 is softer and a little easier to ski.
    The steeple 116 I have feels a lot the 2014 191.

I think it rides great.

I’m on the 189 BG with sth
    184 steeple with shifts

I’m 6’ 165. Might not be as well liked by someone bigger. YMMV.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Yeah, for what it's worth I ski a Steeple 116, don't find it soft. Equally stiff if not stiffer than my PBJs, but I'm only 160 lbs, so that might be part of it.

I was told that the tour flex isn't supposed to be much "softer" but rather "rounder". Interpret that as you will.

Quote Originally Posted by TripleT View Post
    when does ON3P sell off their demo fleet? a thread from a couple years back indicates late March but nothing from last year...
    I picked up demo skis the last 2 seasons. Purchased April 12, 2017; April 30, 2018.

This is the first season I'm getting lots of time on my Wren 108s. Lovin em, for me they smash through all the typical chopped out random snow seen post-storm after skied out. I'm not a huge guy, 5'9 ~140, so the 17-whatevers length works well for me. I jumped from PB&Js, which I fuggin love, but they didn't provide the stability I wanted. I feel I can lean forward and drive the Wren's a lot more than the PBJ, which are definitely preferred a centered stance. Am prob not chargin as hard, but for me they're a great fit.. my 2 cents
    "Some folks look for answers
    Others look for fights
    Some folks up in treetops
    Just look to see the sights"

Quote Originally Posted by detrusor View Post
    I have a hole in my quiver, I would like something in the snowbird daily driver, no or little new snow slot. Currently I go from 90 underfoot to 116. Thinking Wren 108....
    After a lot of experimenting here’s my current quiver:
    Rossi E88 for boilerplate groomer days.
    Wren 98
    Billy Goat

In the past two seasons I've also owned the Wren 108 and Kartel 108, but I've since sold them both. I found I really enjoy the BG for days with any soft snow, not just big powder days. And I felt the Wren 108 was just too big a ski for low tide days. I think the Wren 98 is a really nice balance for days without much new snow, but where I'm still going to be looking for some leftovers and skiing variable terrain. It's more of a powder/crud ski than most other skis in the same width.

My 2c.