Page 455 of 594 FirstFirst ... 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 ... LastLast
Results 11,351 to 11,375 of 14839
    Quote Originally Posted by AEvospace View Post
    Thank Ullr that Iggy knew I was broke, and knew not to create 192 WD110 in Slate Camo/Blue sidewalls for $779, because I would be full on right now
    $849 gets you there!

Thank Ullr that Iggy knew I was broke, and knew not to create 192 WD110 in Slate Camo/Blue sidewalls for $779, because I would be full on right now
    Day late n a dolla short

I'm in a similar situation.. if someone drops a pic of a custom white top w/ white sidewalls and it looks like I think it would, I would also be full on...
    want to see those white tops w/ red sidewalls as well.. at least one of you mofos has em

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    $849 gets you there!
    I've created and put into my cart a few times now.
    Last edited by AEvospace; 08-20-2021 at 12:56 PM.

A lot of people don't notice asym the way I do. I have also noticed that people that do have some issues with asym, have different issues than I do. I know I'm not alone in my specific problem with it, but it's a very small percentage of people that feel what I'm talking about.

I will only know about the 2021s by skiing them, so it's worth a mount for sure at this point. I
    I was just adding in.

I've never had to detune any of my RES skis before, they always skied perfectly right out of the plastic. I will try more with the asym 2021s if they give me any issue. I have a feeling these will be good though.
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see if you feel any differences with these. I have never understood your misgivings about the asym as my understanding of the shape and my rudimentary understanding of basic physics would cause the polar opposite behavior to the one I seem to remember that you experience, but you know what you feel - so I am not second guessing that. We are at the opposite end of the clyde spectrum, so our experiences of a ski should be quite different too.

The old me woulda financed some Wren Pros and 192 BGs by now. The only reason I'm not doing that now is because I already PayPal credited (6 month no interest) these other BGs and DXs. Old me woulda just plowed through and figured it out later. I still gotta get another (smaller cc) MX bike before the years end too, that'll probably be on credit.
    Progress

Quote Originally Posted by bearcub69 View Post
    Anyone here do a custom white top w/ white sidewalls?
    hm, I can't recall seeing that. I find that black sidewalls frame white topsheets soooo well, though an accenting sidewall that matches the base would be sweet. Like a red sidewall and duck camo base - oh my.

I also think it is pretty neat that the various "real" camo topsheets - woodland/desert/duck/frog/sleet (not sure about this one)/tiger/dazzle - all are historic US camo patterns from WW2, Korea and Vietnam. Nice way of paying homage to past sacrificies while looking good. Hm, I didn't know that the duck camo topsheet went all the way back to 2012 - lots of up close pics in the "Jiberish for ON3P Jeffrey" album on Facebook, just factor in extra vibrancy to the graphic from the updated textured topsheets.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	duck.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	212.4 KB 
ID:	382927

Anybody know the story behind the "mango sunrise" topsheet (e.g. what's up with the constellation?, why a mango in space?, why's it named after a tropical cocktail?, etc.)?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Anybody know the story behind the "mango sunrise" topsheet (e.g. what's up with the constellation?, why a mango in space?, why's it named after a tropical cocktail?, etc.)?
    Jake Mageau (goes by mango) graphic. He probably wanted a space graphic with a mango as the sun, so they called it mango sunrise

https://youtu.be/nHkUMkUFuBc

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Yeah, it will be interesting to see if you feel any differences with these. I have never understood your misgivings about the asym as my understanding of the shape and my rudimentary understanding of basic physics would cause the polar opposite behavior to the one I seem to remember that you experience
    I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language when I talk about it, no one understands me. I actually feel each side of the ski performs differently. Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't the inside and the outside supposed to perform differently, isn't that the point of asym?

I don't like it once the softer stuff gets packed or slushy. When I'm noodling around, I dont mind. But when I'm tearing long radius turns down some steep face, I want each side of my ski to perform the same, it's much more predictable for me at speed. I don't want one side pulling me off one direction slightly more, that's what I'm feeling is happening.

I don't feel any catchiness or anything, I only experience on side of the ski pulling across the fall line more than the other, and only when the fresh snow gets tracked up quite a bit. I didn't feel this on the first gen asym C&D, but I did every other asym ski I've tried.

Keeping all this in mind, I know to just use BGs in less tracked snow, and not the day after the storm. They're not really for that anyway, so this is all kind of moot, but I could ski my 2017 BGs the day after a storm. These also could be more like the C&Ds that I had, and I may not even feel it. That's what I'm hoping for.

P.S. This has all led to me being afraid of the Katana 108 and this triple radius, even though they aren't similar designs. With the Katana 108, now I'm not afraid of asym, but the underfoot area of both sides of the ski pulling me further across the fall line when I don't want them too. I've heard this from some, not all, and it's also on the blister podcast from the guy who really likes Monster 108s. Like you accidentally weight the middle part of the Katana 108, and the ski pulls you 5 ft in the wrong direction when you just wanted to go straight.

I feel like I'm speaking a foreign language when I talk about it, no one understands me. I actually feel each side of the ski performs differently. Maybe I'm missing something, but aren't the inside and the outside supposed to perform differently, isn't that the point of asym?

I don't like it once the softer stuff gets packed or slushy. When I'm noodling around, I dont mind. But when I'm tearing long radius turns down some steep face, I want each side of my ski to perform the same, it's much more predictable for me at speed. I don't want one side pulling me off one direction slightly more, that's what I'm feeling is happening.

I don't feel any catchiness or anything, I only experience on side of the ski pulling across the fall line more than the other. I didn't feel this on the first gen asym C&D, but I did every other asym ski I've tried.
    I think I know exactly what you’re describing here, I have felt it too. It might come down to a style thing, but it sounds like you’re equally weighting each ski (2-footed skiing, nothing wrong with this, I am not denigrating your technique in any way. I’m no position to do so). I do the same thing a lot of the time too, provides a lot of stability. Anyway, I too have felt the uphill ski pull a more aggressive arc than the downhill ski sometimes (on my C&D’s and on other asym skis I’ve tried like the Marksman). While I have noticed it, it doesn’t bother me a whole lot as I just adjust my weight distribution and shift more weight to the downhill ski. Not necessarily an intuitive thing, though, so I think I get where you’re coming from on this point.

BGs in less tracked snow, and not the day after the storm. They're not really for that anyway.

Blasphemy!!

I always used my BGs the day after the storm, especially when shit gets funky and refrozen or crusty. 2015s and especially 2017s. Viciks and Wrens were definitely better for most days after a storm though, for me anyways.

I didn't feel like I could use my Supergoats in this manner, like I could the 2015 or 2017 BGs.

I'm hoping I can use the 2021s in this way.

yeah, I've had the same feeling, but only with full rocker skis on hard snow. If you weight them the same the inside ski becomes a squirrelfest / really turny - easy fix though, proper technique in my case

I've never had the same feeling when on BGs, like nothing close to it, but then again I am on 84s at 67kg nekkid, so again, my experience is going to be very different, especially at larger speeds. I've always liked the asym from a design standpoint, so will be interesting to see if the asym and new BG118 skis different in a very noticable manner (though I kinda think that more supportive tails will make for most of the effect, not the absence of asym). Still, thanks for vocalizing your experiences in a nuanced manner - much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I think I know exactly what you’re describing here, I have felt it too. It might come down to a style thing, but it sounds like you’re equally weighting each ski (2-footed skiing, nothing wrong with this, I am not denigrating your technique in any way. I’m no position to do so). I do the same thing a lot of the time too, provides a lot of stability. Anyway, I too have felt the uphill ski pull a more aggressive arc than the downhill ski sometimes (on my C&D’s and on other asym skis I’ve tried like the Marksman). While I have noticed it, it doesn’t bother me a whole lot as I just adjust my weight distribution and shift more weight to the downhill ski. Not necessarily an intuitive thing, though, so I think I get where you’re coming from on this point.
    I do agree it could be my form. I'm a freaking ape, I have no form.

I talk a lot about it, but it's not the most unpredictable thing I've felt on skis. It's not harmful in anyway, and if I pay attention to it the whole time I can minimize. It's more that I just prefer skis with sidecut that doesn't have any of that going on.

I talk a lot about it, but it's not the most unpredictable thing I've felt on skis. It's not harmful in anyway, and if I pay attention to it the whole time I can minimize. It's more that I just prefer skis with sidecut that doesn't have any of that going on.
    MHSP is exactly correct and I’ve mentioned the same thing before. On firm snow, you need to weight the downhill ski more heavily in order to avoid engaging the uphill ski’s outside edge too much.

Personally, I thought my asym BGs skied maybe marginally better than my old non-asyms (but still RES), but they do prefer slightly different technique based on the snow conditions, which can be tricky if you’re not putting a ton of data on them or if it doesn’t fit your personal technique.

I think it's time for me to sell my hardtail

Haven't seen you ski, and I as well am in no position to critique.. but if you watch Sean Pettit and other K2 athletes from a few years ago on the Catamaran, you can actually see the downhill ski, especially the tips, being "pushed uphill" back into the uphill ski when making certain style of turns. The way the ski is shaped, it makes sense that it could be getting slightly pushed back when there is not as much weight on the downhill ski in certain style of turns.

Name:	IMG_1451.JPG 
Views:	95 
Size:	466.8 KB 
ID:	383009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1505.JPG 
Views:	101 
Size:	365.2 KB 
ID:	383010

These 192 102 and 110 Woods purchased…. Some so stoked…! Thanks Iggy…!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Billy Goats look fantastic in person—colors are a bit more vibrant than in years past.

Name:	IMG_5955.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	383013

Day late n a dolla short

I'm in a similar situation.. if someone drops a pic of a custom white top w/ white sidewalls and it looks like I think it would, I would also be full on...
    want to see those white tops w/ red sidewalls as well.. at least one of you mofos has em
    I have em! White on white looks great on snow, just need to be careful on a pow day or you might lose them! Not the best pic but here they are with their evil twin >:)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	White ski.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	481.5 KB 
ID:	383023  

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    I have em! White on white looks great on snow, just need to be careful on a pow day or you might lose them! Not the best pic but here they are with their evil twin >
    Thanks for sharing, those are nice. If I go full white it would probably be on a J96, so hopefully no worries about losing in pow. Maybe the new site will have HQ pics of custom options.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul. View Post
    I have em! White on white looks great on snow, just need to be careful on a pow day or you might lose them! Not the best pic but here they are with their evil twin >
    I’d swap those sidewall colors, not that either of those schemes look bad.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeze View Post
    Billy Goats look fantastic in person—colors are a bit more vibrant than in years past.

Name:	IMG_5955.JPG 
Views:	157 
Size:	477.9 KB 
ID:	383013
    Thanks for posting the photo. I’m still vacillating between stock and a custom topsheet for my 187’s. The stock tops look so good!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Since the white on white had some luck...anybody got black tops with green sidewalls?

There was talk of RES being implemented on the Jeffrey this year. Did that actually happen?

if so, is it just the 118 or the 110 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    There was talk of RES being implemented on the Jeffrey this year. Did that actually happen?

if so, is it just the 118 or the 110 as well?
    No, experiments/designs on a RES Jeffery/freestyle pow ski died on the vine some years ago. The current Jeffery is an evolution of the original. FWIW this years 118 skis REALLY well.
    Training for Alpental

Even have the "ON4P" top.
    Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    I'm waiting for the new ON5Ps
    Quote Originally Posted by Brasso View Post
    you mean the ON5Gs? they've already started the rollout nationwide.
    ON1Ps were the shit; ON2Ps were OK; meh since then