Page 292 of 599 FirstFirst ... 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 ... LastLast
Results 7,276 to 7,300 of 14972
    Rowen - did sombody buy the C&Ds yet? Absolute steal imho.

In today's edition of just the tips (full lenght pic posted in the quiver thread, but figured I shouldn't post the same pic in two threads) I present my second quiver, doubling up as the travel quiver:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	q2 tips.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	301585
    Wrenegade 96ti 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 18s
    Wrenegade 114 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s
    Woodsman 108 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with C&D graphics
    Woodsman 116 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with BG graphics

So a pair of 18 toes that will be used with all four pairs, and one pair of tech toes. Ends up being quite a bit cheaper than Shifts for all of them, and should ride even better.

Very excited to try these bad boys - they came out really, really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Rowen - did sombody buy the C&Ds yet? Absolute steal imho.

In today's edition of just the tips (full lenght pic posted in the quiver thread, but figured I shouldn't post the same pic in two threads) I present my second quiver, doubling up as the travel quiver:

Name:	q2 tips.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	1.70 MB 
ID:	301585
    Wrenegade 96ti 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 18s
    Wrenegade 114 179 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s
    Woodsman 108 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with C&D graphics
    Woodsman 116 182 w/ Castified Look Pivot 14s - stock skis with BG graphics

So a pair of 18 toes that will be used with all four pairs, and one pair of tech toes. Ends up being quite a bit cheaper than Shifts for all of them, and should ride even better.

Very excited to try these bad boys - they came out really, really nice.
    🤤

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I have a pair of 181cm Wren 113 I am debating selling. PM me if anyone is interested.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

FYI - 2018-19 189 BG for sale at my local shop

$425
    Not sure on mount but here are fotos

edit - maybe Tyrolia attack

Name:	IMG_3572.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	219.8 KB 
ID:	301673

Name:	IMG_3573.JPG 
Views:	245 
Size:	207.7 KB 
ID:	301674

Last edited by SkiLyft; 11-09-2019 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    FYI - 2018-19 189 BG for sale at my local shop

$450
    Not sure on mount but here at fotos

Looks like a Tyrolia Attack mount

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Teenaged View Post
    Looks like a Tyrolia Attack mount

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Excellent. Updated post - also just rechecked price $425

So I'm getting to be pretty Goat-curious, and I've read through a lot of this thread, especially the Bodacious comparisons, and would like to hear from the collective mind on just how much sense they really make for me.

Me: 6', 165lb, strong directional skier. I live in Seattle, and ski Crystal as my home mountain.

Current quiver:

184cm 4frnt Raven, with Zeds. Touring daily driver. I get along well with them for the most part, but do need to ski them a bit more centered than is probably my natural inclination. I've adjusted and learned to ski them well, but it didn't click immediately.

186cm Blizzard Bodacious, current/old version, with the black topsheet. Easily my all time favorite inbounds daily driver. They're super predictable, damp, and great at cutting through chop. The downsides are that I'd like a bit softer/less flat tail in really tight areas - when things get really bumped up, or skiing a lot of tight trees.

187cm J Masterblaster - new this year, haven't skied them yet. Wanted a skinnier inbounds option for firmer snow.

192cm Protests, MAP/veneer, flex 3, with Shifts. Deep day skis. They're great.

So I'm interested in BGs, with the idea that they sound like they're at least somewhat in the same general envelope as the Bodacious in terms of inbounds chop performance, but just a bit quicker and more pivot-y. Does that sound about right? And I'm inclined to think I might want the 184, since I'm looking for a slightly quicker option in my quiver, but I could probably ski the 189cm too. Thanks all.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    And I'm inclined to think I might want the 184, since I'm looking for a slightly quicker option in my quiver, but I could probably ski the 189cm too. Thanks all.
    Go up a size, especially if your coming from bodes. The goat can be smeared and slarved a bit more — dare I say flickable?! They ski different. Goats are a neutral ski from the ball of your feet type feel — trying to make some nice turns? Great, tip em on edge and just fucking stand there. If you drive the tips aggressively the tails wanna wash out. I don’t see that as a negative because it’s that characteristic that makes them killer in the NW snow and also what makes them incredible in tight spots.

Only skied bodes for a few runs but they like powerful tip input and respond favorably to it.

Quote Originally Posted by HAB View Post
    So I'm getting to be pretty Goat-curious, and I've read through a lot of this thread, especially the Bodacious comparisons, and would like to hear from the collective mind on just how much sense they really make for me.

Me: 6', 165lb, strong directional skier. I live in Seattle, and ski Crystal as my home mountain.

Current quiver:

184cm 4frnt Raven, with Zeds. Touring daily driver. I get along well with them for the most part, but do need to ski them a bit more centered than is probably my natural inclination. I've adjusted and learned to ski them well, but it didn't click immediately.

186cm Blizzard Bodacious, current/old version, with the black topsheet. Easily my all time favorite inbounds daily driver. They're super predictable, damp, and great at cutting through chop. The downsides are that I'd like a bit softer/less flat tail in really tight areas - when things get really bumped up, or skiing a lot of tight trees.

187cm J Masterblaster - new this year, haven't skied them yet. Wanted a skinnier inbounds option for firmer snow.

192cm Protests, MAP/veneer, flex 3, with Shifts. Deep day skis. They're great.

So I'm interested in BGs, with the idea that they sound like they're at least somewhat in the same general envelope as the Bodacious in terms of inbounds chop performance, but just a bit quicker and more pivot-y. Does that sound about right? And I'm inclined to think I might want the 184, since I'm looking for a slightly quicker option in my quiver, but I could probably ski the 189cm too. Thanks all.
    The goat will float better than the bodacious but the bodacious handles hard snow much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goats won't rail the groom quite like the bodes, but they'll crush them everywhere else. And who skis mt dweebus groomers besides the crowd of puget deadbird techgape? Get a fast morning once in a while but only midweek is it quiet enough to ski the few groomers. If it's soft, Goats rule that joint IME

So along the same lines of PNW-skier's questions, I've been hearing a lot about BGs and am thinking about whether a pair would make sense for me. I'm based in Seattle and Crystal will be my home mountain. My current daily driver is a 2015 4FRNT 195 Hoji, and I really like how quick and nimble they are, especially for such a big ski, and I think they're amazing as soon as the conditions are remotely soft, including in moguls. People say that you have to ski centered on the Hojis and I guess I've gotten used to that; I used to ski on the mantras and those were not fun at all in comparison (even though they never let you down).

They're the older iteration of the Hojis (i.e. back when they were heavy) and I've come to realise that their weight is the reason for their dampness, and I like that. They are getting a little older though, and I'm thinking about the BGs as a possible replacement and using the Hojis as rock skis.

I've also just picked up a pair of Praxis BC, which I'll be mounting with shifts, as my touring rig. I'm thinking that I'll likely use those inbounds when it's firmer. Does anyone here have any experience skiing both the hoji and the BG? I seem to be hearing that the BG is a directional ski, which to me sounds like you have to really drive them (which would probably be quite different to what I'm now used to), but then SkiLyft's comment that they are actually neutral skis/drive from the ball of the feet makes me think that maybe they're not that far off in terms of the stance you have to adopt on them?

195 Hoji is like 2400g

189 BG is 2450g and might measure about the same length

Can't drive them like a race raceroom ski... the front half of the ski is reverse sidecut after all. But shin pressure yoobetcha, like said above you just stand on em and go. There's a lot of tail there for pop and stomp, use it creatively

FYI - 2018-19 189 BG for sale at my local shop.

Maybe it's just the angle but are we sure those are BGs? The tips look really odd. Could be a custom top on Wrens maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    I'll buy a set of ON3P touring skis again when they build them as such:

3/4 length bamboo stringers vertically laminated with pawlonia comprising 70% by volume. Carbon and glass layup as before. Flat camber. 3 width classes, say, 95/105/115 and rocker lines increasing according to width. RES for the two wider ones, bi-radius for the 95.

1800g for the 115.

A guy can hope, right????
    Sounds rad to me.

Makes me wonder how RES would handle with w108 rocker lines. TourGoat

Quote Originally Posted by cstefanic View Post
    Maybe it's just the angle but are we sure those are BGs? The tips look really odd. Could be a custom top on Wrens maybe?
    Good call, looks that way to my eye too. I just don’t see the RES in that tip like I’d expect, but the angle isn’t that great either...

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    Good call, looks that way to my eye too. I just don’t see the RES in that tip like I’d expect, but the angle isn’t that great either...
    yeah pics do look weird but 99% sure they’re goats. I’ll call the shop tomorrow and ask.

I think it's just the angle. If you follow the tip shapes I think you can pick up a hint of asym in the curves.

/NERD

^the tail will tell all

Go up a size, especially if your coming from bodes. The goat can be smeared and slarved a bit more — dare I say flickable?! They ski different. Goats are a neutral ski from the ball of your feet type feel — trying to make some nice turns? Great, tip em on edge and just fucking stand there. If you drive the tips aggressively the tails wanna wash out. I don’t see that as a negative because it’s that characteristic that makes them killer in the NW snow and also what makes them incredible in tight spots.

Only skied bodes for a few runs but they like powerful tip input and respond favorably to it.

Thanks, that's helpful. And yeah, I looked again at the rocker profile and I think you're right about sizing. They've got so much more rocker than the Bodes that they should ski quite a bit shorter.

The bit about needing to ski them more centered makes sense given the shape, but does give me a little pause. I don't have a race background, but did grow up skiing east coast ice, and still have a fair bit of inclination to drive my skis through the shovels. That probably has a lot to do with why I get along so well with the Bodes. That said, if I can adjust to the Goats, they probably would work better in a lot of the tighter spaces where the Bodes feel like a lot of work to whip around...

I switched to the 189 BG from the 196 Bodacious.

I'd choose the BG over the Bode's for everything except the biggest wide open Mach 10 terrain out there.

For your typical inbounds resort skiing (for me, mainly Alta Snowbird Solitude) that has much more tight spaces, I have rarely missed the Bode's when riding the BG.

That said, the BG isn't my definition of perfect. For me, the BG would be closer to perfect if they shaved about 100-150 g's off each ski (to increase maneuverability and reduce heavy-ski fatigue) and mellowed the rocker out a bit. I find myself wishing for a bit more effective edge when I'm really opening it up on these things. But I mean realllllly opening up the throttle. IMO, no one really needs that much rocker unless they're skiing in Portland or some other place with really heavy snow.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

I'm starting to second guess my call to get 187 length instead of 192 on the woodsman 108s. making decisions is hard

ON3Ps excel in the marine schmoo up and down the coast. The weight helps punch, deep rocker for surf. The BG shape works less well in dry continental fluff

I’ve skied some upside down and wet spring storms in Utah where RES would be an asset, but yeah, not quite the same weapon they are in the maritime climate.

Wren 114 would be my choice if I still skied the Wasatch.

looking at the magnus 102 or jeffery 108 for a mostly frontside 60/40 park/all mountain ski. I've got a wide mostly powder ski, and a mid fat touring ski that happens to rip all mountain pretty well, but parks out of the question for that ski.
    I typically like wider skis for park anyway, and if its got a decent amount of rocker I like a little additional width. For my all mountain riding I like to pop off, butter, jib, slash everything, but also hit stuff fast.
    I think for that, the 108 would be my ski, but I dont want something thats heavy and hard to whip around in the park. I dont get super techy, dont hit massive jumps enough for it to be a priority, mostly lots of rails, butters, and medium sized jumps. I want a solid park ski thats not gonna hold me back.

it sounds like the 108's maybe a little stiffer than the already pretty stiff 102? I like to flex into my skis, and hate cheater butters where you're not flexing the ski, just relying on the rocker, i like to flex into it and let the ski pop me out.

anyone skiied either or both for park that would have some input?

Haven’t skied the magnus, but the 108 is a handful in the air for sure. Great ski, and I try to use it the way you describe, but light and poppy, they are not.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?