Page 283 of 599 FirstFirst ... 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,075 of 14969
    Awesome guys! Thank you!

I’m curious about the Ti Wren but from everything ive read it doesn’t sound like it really needs it. I do want to get something with really nice suspension but equally don’t want the complete dead feeling either. From everything I’ve read there aren’t too many more damp skis to choose other than going very heavy.

Width... yeah my ego wants the 108 but really there are so many days on pretty firm ice that I think the 96 is the smarter move. I enjoy ripping groomers if that’s all there is available. But I still haven’t ruled the 108 out either.

Doremite- you ski the 96 Wren and it holds a solid edge on VT ice? Steep And East Coast ice?

Di you need to mount the Wren on the line?

Yeah, apparently the ti version is ridiculously damp. Then again - it is not like the regular version is not. PowTron mentioned that the titanal inlay gives the best edge hold of any ON3P ski ever - or some such - when talking about his Wren108 protos, hence my nod in that direction.

Wren108ti's could be a good choice as well. That being said - I do not know if I would describe the regular Wren108 as super nimble, and the ti version is probably even less so. It should have float and edge hold for days and days though, and a ridiculous top speed.

If you are a strong skier wren108s or even better wren108ti's could work as daily drivers, though something like a woodsman108 would have a high top speed as well while catering better to lower speeds - or that is what I am assuming anyway. For the right rider both woodsman108s and wren108s should make for a killer quiver of one ski, as do Jeffreys for skiers that prefer a more upright, centered stance. As a part of a quiver, 96s might make more sense - I dunno.

To be honest, I think the real error you can do here is go too chargy, killing the daily driver use for chargyness. Based on Blisters initial review of Woodsman108s they sound like pretty strong skis as well, so for a do it all daily driver just picking a width in that design could be the safer bet. Woodsman108s would be my choice of a daily driver ski in a one ski quiver (at least in a resort where you ski groomers quite a bit, perhaps less so where one skis softer snow all day long), not Wren108s - and I love the latter.

not to flip flop here or anything

Yeah see, you get it! These are difficult decisions I’m dealing with over here!

We need more information to come to light man.

👍🏿

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ChowdahRidah View Post

Doremite- you ski the 96 Wren and it holds a solid edge on VT ice? Steep And East Coast ice?

Di you need to mount the Wren on the line?
    I ski the 2017 Wren 98s and I have no issues with their firm snow performance. Edge grip is great but you can release the tails with ease so you don’t get that ejection into the next turn your get w a flat tail ski. They have a decent bit of tail rocker and don’t lock you into the skis’ radius by any means. Playful but grabby enough to mach around with confidence. You may want to go ti if ice performance is your biggest concern.

I am probably 1cm back but my heel isn’t locked down on the 98s. On real icy days I pull out the Big Kahunas and alpine.

Steep? You’ve skied northern VT, right???

By the way, took me 3,000 posts to admit I telemark.
    Last edited by Doremite; 07-12-2019 at 05:56 AM.
    Uno mas

A couple of you guys likely in here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom_WoodVeneer_Wood_Straight_3x2-1728-2.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	288292
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

So awesome.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Got to be proud of that work. Impressive. Wood ‘Merica such a stylistic upgrade.
    How you go wolf over eagle is beyond me. Couldn’t have that beast staring me down every lift ride.
    Uno mas

Wow those look awesome. Reminds me of guitars just a different type of axe.
    Skiah for life

Wren 108's suit my skiing style perfectly and are my go to unless it's reallly deep. They want to haul ass and are super fun in crud and groomers. Thinking about adding the Woodsman as well for skiing with my kids, better low speed performance seems what they're about... is that the right assumption?

By the way, took me 3,000 posts to admit I telemark.[/QUOTE]

Why?

If I had 14 inch penis I’d show it to everyone!
    Skiah for life

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    How you go wolf over eagle is beyond me. Couldn’t have that beast staring me down every lift ride.
    I couldn't decide, so I let my kids do it. We're renting and can't have a dog... problem solved.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

By the way, took me 3,000 posts to admit I telemark.
    Why?

If I had 14 inch penis I’d show it to everyone![/QUOTE]

Total joke. I am open about my binding choice. That just happened to be post #3000. Only took me 14 years!
    Last edited by Doremite; 07-13-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    A couple of you guys likely in here.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Custom_WoodVeneer_Wood_Straight_3x2-1728-2.jpg 
Views:	504 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	288292
    'Merica! Fuck Yeah!!!

Damn. Those look incredible.

I wanted to learn to tele when I was in college so bad but every time I had enough cash to buy a setup something in my alpine rig would break and the cycle would start all over again. I wanted to be one of those guys that could just thrash a bump field on teles so bad.

I borrowed my friend’s tele setup literally 2 days before my first serious knee injury in my late 20s, I had such blast, loved making big GS turns on them... then 2 days later that was it. There was no chance of really learning after I hurt my knee. Or willingness to try.

I was so jealous of the boots too. So comfy!!! And they weren’t even mine.

I was so jealous of the boots too. So comfy!!! And they weren’t even mine.
    Boot comfort is a big reason I can’t stop.... and my terrain lends itself to justifying the added effort/challenge.

I had an ankle injury last season that took me out of tele boots for about 2 months. Back on alpine for the first time In ~11 seasons. Boots sucked but not awful and was fun to be reminded alpine turns (w alpine boots) are a shit ton of fun too.

I do about 30 days a season nowadays and plan to sneak in ~5 on alpine to mix it up. Especially on firmer days as it is easier on alpine to stay light on your edges. Curious where that leads but doubt I ever give up primarily being a tele skier unless physically forced too. I just find it too fun to stop. ...and the boot thing.

I actually also find tele softer on the body as it is easier to shock absorb bumps and terrain variations. Alpine was harder on my back and knees. Tele just harder on the muscles but those build.

....end thread drift.
    Uno mas

Those veneer topsheets are awesome I want some. Possible move to the east coast for me this year for a job, I might be looking to trade supergoats for wren 108s for a bit more versatility but am waiting for an offer to come through.

Hi,

Sorry for this question because I’m absolutely sure it’s covered in here somewhere but I can’t find the answer. For those skiing Wrens, any feedback on mounting + 1 or + 2 or more for that matter? Does the ski change much positively or negatively to this?

Thanks!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

The consensus here has been on the line for ON3P in general but most of the technical justification I have seen pertains to Billy Goats. Given the radius of the Wrens changes throughout the ski (smaller turn radius to tip, larger to tail), my understanding is ON3P is pretty trial and error informed precise with their recommendations.

Generally I don’t see 1cm making a major difference but also don’t understand why there would be lack of trust of the line unless you’ve skied it there a # of days and then have information on a likely preferred placement. I haven’t read anyone intentionally moving their Wren mount. I would 100% go on the line for alpine on both my 98s and 108s. I would definitely not go forward. Ski has a lot of tip rocker.
    Uno mas

Hi,

Sorry for this question because I’m absolutely sure it’s covered in here somewhere but I can’t find the answer. For those skiing Wrens, any feedback on mounting + 1 or + 2 or more for that matter? Does the ski change much positively or negatively to this?

Thanks!
    If you are scared the mount point is too far back on Wrens, you should buy the Woodsman instead.

Just wondering.

Was thinking if I move it forward 2 it might make it slightly more pivoty in tight spots.

Just wondering.

Was thinking if I move it forward 2 it might make it slightly more pivoty in tight spots.
    You should just get some Kartels, too.