Page 404 of 599 FirstFirst ... 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 ... LastLast
Results 10,076 to 10,100 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    If you're location checks out, and you're skiing the resort then I don't see how much you would gain with the tour version. BG absolutely crushes our resort conditions when it gets skied out, and the temps switch up. If you're touring a lot....well then you probably want the tour.
    This is the kind of simple direction and encouragement I need.

And yeah, location is accurate. Been enjoying spring ski conditions at Hood waiting for real snow in Feb. I don't tour very often but I'd like to think that will change. Am just gonna go with the safe bet for now though.

I saw you mention Wolf Creek a few posts ago. I was down there Saturday on my Wren 114’s.

It didn’t feel like quite the right ski for the mountain as it’s basically short moderately steep pitches then glades. Still super fun, it’s just isn’t an interesting ski in those conditions. I’m guessing the Cease and Desist is feeling pretty ideal?

I gave my Pescado’s a bad edge compression a few weeks ago so I’m kicking tires on new powder ski options.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    3 straight days of insane pow (38” and counting) and needed nothing but the CDs.

Life is fucking good.

Quote Originally Posted by tdpdx View Post
    This is the kind of simple direction and encouragement I need.

And yeah, location is accurate. Been enjoying spring ski conditions at Hood waiting for real snow in Feb. I don't tour very often but I'd like to think that will change. Am just gonna go with the safe bet for now though.
    You could also do the 50/50 layup.

BG Tour - Tour layup weight on the skin out is good but the new construction is also bueno on the way down, still burly but so much more agile. Forgot how much fun RES is on icy luge returns too!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1611634837.430905.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.25 MB 
ID:	359696

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I like those bases.

Looks like a nice day.

Anyone have time on the J108 tours that’s willing to give feedback? Been happy with my dual hat wearing stock J108 and J116 with Shifts but starting to ponder a dedicated setup. Living in Park City, normally skiing the normal Utah spots with a decent amount of Tahoe fun mixed in. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Summer sale $100 off
    Thanks!

Anyone know if they custom BG's in shorter lengths? My girlfriend is about 5'6 135lbs and skis a Jessie 100 in a 161...figured a mid to high 160's BG 50/50 would be perfect for her(she's a very strong skier..)

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    3 straight days of insane pow (38” and counting) and needed nothing but the CDs.

Life is fucking good.
    That must have been you and your buddy who I skied by in the parking lot at the end of the day yesterday and chatted super briefly with about the C&D. I wish I had gotten mine mounted up in time for yesterday, but god damn are the BGs soooooo much fun. The Goats have really become my favorite ski ever these past couple years. They just crush any kind of soft snow conditions. So intuitive, but stable and fast. Just went off a random 10ft cliff into a gully and need to scrub speed? Aim for that pow pillow and just slash them sideways and you're back in control immediately. No hookyness, no funkyness, no need to worry. They just do what you need, when you need them too.

Quote Originally Posted by ASmileyFace View Post
    That must have been you and your buddy who I skied by in the parking lot at the end of the day yesterday and chatted super briefly with about the C&D. I wish I had gotten mine mounted up in time for yesterday, but god damn are the BGs soooooo much fun. The Goats have really become my favorite ski ever these past couple years. They just crush any kind of soft snow conditions. So intuitive, but stable and fast. Just went off a random 10ft cliff into a gully and need to scrub speed? Aim for that pow pillow and just slash them sideways and you're back in control immediately. No hookyness, no funkyness, no need to worry. They just do what you need, when you need them too.
    Actually no. There was another guy dressed all in black with a yellow pack that had some CDs, too.

And yeah the BG is such a good ski. The CD just ties it to the next level in width, but also has a slightly different shape that was just so damn perfect in the three days of snow (got lighter every day amd came in perfectly).
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    I saw you mention Wolf Creek a few posts ago. I was down there Saturday on my Wren 114’s.

It didn’t feel like quite the right ski for the mountain as it’s basically short moderately steep pitches then glades. Still super fun, it’s just isn’t an interesting ski in those conditions. I’m guessing the Cease and Desist is feeling pretty ideal?

I gave my Pescado’s a bad edge compression a few weeks ago so I’m kicking tires on new powder ski options.
    Yeah I really liked my old Wren 114, but the way Wolf Creek is laid out I have always preferred my RES skis and something wide to help skim across the flats.

This is the third version of CD I’ve skied at Wolf Creek (OG 193, the next gen 191, and now the asym 189/184) and can confidently say that the newest version is by far the most versatile and slashable, but still fucking trucks when needed.

Coyote Park and the lower glades, as well as Tsunami and the dog chute/waterfall cliffs area were perfect for the CD.

How do we feel about the 18/19 K108 versus the newer stuff? I'm currently on a pair of Armada ARV96's and want something fatter / still twin tin but not a true fatty 110+ waist ski. Am I screwing myself picking up a used older ski versus going new?

No major changes. Used is fine.

Quote Originally Posted by nudbat View Post
    How do we feel about the 18/19 K108 versus the newer stuff? I'm currently on a pair of Armada ARV96's and want something fatter / still twin tin but not a true fatty 110+ waist ski. Am I screwing myself picking up a used older ski versus going new?

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    No major changes. Used is fine.
    I think every generation on the Jeffery/Kartel 108 are pretty interchangeable. I'm somewhat DD'ing a J108, and have owned multiple in the past. Starting with the first prototype J110. I have enjoyed them all.
    Training for Alpental

Name:	IMG_2147.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	359880

You already know...

14/15 BG

Quote Originally Posted by nudbat View Post
    No, you’re screwing everyone else out of some kickass used skis.

Quote Originally Posted by the_flying_v View Post

Name:	IMG_2147.JPG 
Views:	145 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	359880

You already know...

14/15 BG
    Nice V..... Drooool
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by lucknau View Post
    No, you’re screwing everyone else out of some kickass used skis.
    The trigger has been pulled - K108's enroute.

This was kind of buried a few pages back and I added new info today.

Quote Originally Posted by K1mJ0ngTr1ll View Post
    How do people feel about the ability to drive the tips of a Jeffery if they are mounted -2 from recommended?
    I mounted my slightly stiff, 20/21 build, 186 J108 prototype @ -2 and had a couple of runs on them at a midwest ice mound. Carve well on the crusty business, skid on ice. Very quick to change direction, can drive them as hard as the 191 mounted on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Digging around for beta on this but search function...you know...

Who's on the 191 K/J108?

I had the 186. Liked them for a lot of things but felt like they gave up too much on hardpack (washy tails etc) and don't want a separate dedicated hardpack ski.

Never tried moving the mount back.

Tried a first-gen woodsman 108 but didn't click. Never tried fixing the tune since I've never had any tunes issues with many on3p's over the years- but seems like others had their dislikes flipped by fixing the tune.

Now considering either doing a new J108 in 186 (I think sidecut changed to help with 2d-snow issues since I had mine?) and mounting back a bit - or maybe doing the 191.

For you guys on the 191, how much of a bump did you see in hardpack performance just via the extra EE? Are you all on the line?
    Did a back-to-back, and took out the 191 J108 after the 186 J108 today. The skis are pretty different builds so it's not really apples and apples. The 191 is a 20/21, standard build with a veneer topsheet and the 186 is a slightly stiff, 20/21 prototype. The veneer and added length of the 191 gives it a more damp feeling compared to the 186. The 186 doesn't give up much to the 191 as far as ripping around on hard snow is concerned, but I'd prefer the 191 out west, mostly for the added length.

They're both very fun to carve around on.

Quote Originally Posted by skuff View Post
    I've been skiing a veneer standard layup, 191 J108 on the line the past few days on an ice-bump in the midwest, so grain of salt and all that... Grips well on firm conditions but if I'm planning on all-day firm groomers, I'd choose something else, like my LP. Any hint of soft snow and these carve just fine. I'll definitely bring the 191 J108 out west with my 190 Bibby.

That said, I'm getting a prototype, slightly stiffer 20/21 layup, 186 J108 mounted -2 behind the line and can tell you about the similarities and differences between the different lengths after I get some time on them.

is that so?

Name:	9E8C0EC8-1DDD-43FB-80CC-0BD74FA94C90_1_201_a.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	360064
    Last edited by skuff; 01-31-2021 at 11:02 AM.

^^^

Thanks for that.

I couldn't get a response from anyone so I moved on and bought something else.

Guess you have to buy more than the 15 pairs I've bought over the years to get an email back...lol.

^^^

Thanks for that.

Guess you have to buy more than the 15 pairs I've bought over the years to get an email back...lol.
    My writing and observation skills are lacking so if there's anything else your curious about, just ask.

This J108 design is very fun. If I ever get another, I'm going custom 191 slightly stiff, the extra pop is a blast. Iggy wasn't positive, but he thought my 186 got the slightly stiff designation from a modified thicker core profile.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

^^^

Thanks for that.

Not sure what’s up but I received an unsolicited and helpful email from Scott yesterday to address some of the concerns I laid out with my Woodsman 108s a few posts back.

I get the sense that, in general, their email traffic is hard to keep up with moreso than their catering to high volume customer$. Heck, I’ve only bought 1 ski “retail” from them. The og BG which was pretty cheap iirc and a couple discounted blems/protos over the years. All else used from gs. Sorry you don’t feel respected as a loyal customer. I find it hard to believe that’s intended.

OGs still kick’n. More a collection ski at this point and don’t alpine much anymore but will take them for a spin on occasion.

Name:	IMG_4069.JPG 
Views:	125 
Size:	1.35 MB 
ID:	360086
    Uno mas

Can't get goats out of my head... anyone interested in trading for 187 veneer GPOs w/ wardens? (Which I love, and would only trade cause I very much want to try some BGs)

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Can't get goats out of my head... anyone interested in trading for 187 veneer GPOs w/ wardens? (Which I love, and would only trade cause I very much want to try some BGs)
    I couldnt part with my gpo or bg, especially with veneer. I think you need both. Great combo. 2c

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Yesterday I skied the classic Wren108 and today I took my Wren108ti for the first time. To my surprise I find the metal version a bit softer (probably I'm wrong, but that's what I feel) and maybe a bit more prone to tip flapping. However, unsurprisingly, it was able to hold edge on groomers a lot better. Both skis feel almost the same in powder and I like them both - they make skiing so easy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrens.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	498.6 KB 
ID:	360144   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vlcsnap-2021-01-28-14h44m49s755.png 
Views:	109 
Size:	761.9 KB 
ID:	360145  

Quote Originally Posted by aanev View Post
    Yesterday I skied the classic Wren108 and today I took my Wren108ti for the first time. To my surprise I find the metal version a bit softer (probably I'm wrong, but that's what I feel) and maybe a bit more prone to tip flapping. However, unsurprisingly, it was able to hold edge on groomers a lot better. Both skis feel almost the same in powder and I like them both - they make skiing so easy.
    You are correct in your findings in my opinion. My Wren108ti are protos and are burly stiff, but the production core profile was updated slightly from my understanding, and the metal does make them bite quite a bit more confidently on harder snow in my experience.

Both skis absolutely truck, but the ti version is just unreal in it's ability to NEVER get shaken at any speed. I will never let mine go until they fall apart (which will happen way after my body does the same thing), haha.