Page 395 of 598 FirstFirst ... 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 ... LastLast
Results 9,851 to 9,875 of 14945
    I should add I run a true bar down the base before I drill them.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    Not a bad idea to true any new ski. That said, I've never had an issue with any of my ON3Ps over the years. I usually just do some extra detuning from the last inch or two of contact to the tips.

I've been holding off on skiing my wren 108s and skiing my rock skis instead since its been such low tide here. Finally skied them all day even though the snow was shit today. What a great ski. And even though I trucked it through some rocks a few times I can't even tell. Maybe I should just keep skiing them?

BG 108 Full Bamboo mounted up and ready to rip. Now for some snow...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Image1610328330.177068.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	130.0 KB 
ID:	357259

^^^super curious how they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    ^^^super curious how they feel.
    Same.

Sign me up for a review of the BG108

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Why would you want a BG108 for inbounds skiing? Serious question...what’s the thought process?

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

if it floats well enough why not?

Thought process for me was (is)... ON3P skis float well above their width with their generous tip rocker. 108-110 is the sweet spot for me even on pow days. I am light, 150#. My resort gets average snowfall, only a few storms more than a foot each winter. 108 would be more nimble, slightly quicker. Also slightly lighter. I prefer heavy skies but not necessarily 2300-2400g/ski. I just really like skis in the 108 underfoot range and rarely see the need for anything wider... for where I ski. To put this in context, I have never skied a BG. Wren108, Jeff108, Woods108 yes. I asked the forum a few pages back if anyone had any thoughts on this ski. These being the reasons why I thought there could be a niche to be filled. Will be curious to see Flying V's review.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Why would you want a BG108 for inbounds skiing? Serious question...what’s the thought process?

Picking up a pair of wrenegade 96s for CO low tide duty tomorrow. Excited to get out on them. Should be a nice mix of crud busting and charging while still being able to break the tails free, which I have found to be lacking on most stable low tide skis I have tried.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Your quiver is incomplete without them.

I’ve had my eyes open for a pair for Colorado low tide... post feedback when you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by dub2 View Post
    Picking up a pair of wrenegade 96s for CO low tide duty tomorrow. Excited to get out on them. Should be a nice mix of crud busting and charging while still being able to break the tails free, which I have found to be lacking on most stable low tide skis I have tried.

Basically everything peglegger said. I’m a small dude as well and ski Taos where we haven’t had a ton of storms over 12” in a while. Also, with our steep and tight chutes I may be able to throw the 108 around a little quicker, maybe.

And what jack said, my quiver would be incomplete without a custom ski from my good friends in Portland.

Will be keeping my 14/15 BGs ready to go as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I've now got in the habit of doing that on all skis I buy.

If any of you still don’t love your woodsman 108
    In a 187 or longer - my BIL may be willing to swap you straight up - here is what he has for trade:

2019 Wren 108 - 189 - skied 10 times
    Blue Cochise - 192 - skied 20+ times
    DPS RPC112C - 191 - skied 50+ times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely got bitten by the touring bug and managed to sell my other setup for a fair price, so... Trigger pulled on a pair of Billy Goat 108 Tour’s and a pair of Tecton’s to go with them.

I spent the last 3 days on a pair of 184 Wren 96 Tis on mostly windbuff, hardpack, and some soft bumps at Squaw. After getting aggressive with a gummi to the contact points, I've found them to hold an edge while breaking lose when I want them to. I'd even call them predictable after the detune.

I've found the 184 to be entirely manageable at 6'1 / 170 and would want to size up if I was a bigger guy.

Digging around for beta on this but search function...you know...

Who's on the 191 K/J108?

I had the 186. Liked them for a lot of things but felt like they gave up too much on hardpack (washy tails etc) and don't want a separate dedicated hardpack ski.

Never tried moving the mount back.

Tried a first-gen woodsman 108 but didn't click. Never tried fixing the tune since I've never had any tunes issues with many on3p's over the years- but seems like others had their dislikes flipped by fixing the tune.

Now considering either doing a new J108 in 186 (I think sidecut changed to help with 2d-snow issues since I had mine?) and mounting back a bit - or maybe doing the 191.

For you guys on the 191, how much of a bump did you see in hardpack performance just via the extra EE? Are you all on the line?

Who's on the 191 K/J108?

I had the 186. Liked them for a lot of things but felt like they gave up too much on hardpack (washy tails etc) and don't want a separate dedicated hardpack ski.

Tried a first-gen woodsman 108 but didn't click. Never tried fixing the tune since I've never had any tunes issues with many on3p's over the years- but seems like others had their dislikes flipped by fixing the tune.

Now considering either doing a new J108 in 186 (I think sidecut changed to help with 2d-snow issues since I had mine?) and mounting back a bit - or maybe doing the 191.

For you guys on the 191, how much of a bump did you see in hardpack performance just via the extra EE? Are you all on the line?
    I’m on this year’s 191’s and they’re alright on hard pack. Mine have a softer layup tho, so that may affect their performance. Basically, just have to reduce the speed and they’re fine. In everything else they’re awesome.

Who's on the 191 K/J108?

I am on the 191 k108. Demos mounted on them and liked them at 0 and +1. Took me about a half day to click with them and now they are my favorite ski.

So you had the 186 and want to get the 191 or 186 again? With a large twin tip and splay they're not going to have a locked in tail. I'm a big fan of the J108 but if a ski doesn't click for you then go try something else? There are too many good skis out there to get stuck on why one doesn't totally do it for ya. Just my 2 cents

Quote Originally Posted by brundo View Post
    I am on the 191 k108. Demos mounted on them and liked them at 0 and +1. Took me about a half day to click with them and now they are my favorite ski.

So you had the 186 and want to get the 191 or 186 again?
    Thanks!

And yeah. But like I said above I think I had a generation back from the current...something changed with sidecut. And I've heard from others that mounting -1 made a difference for them. So just considering options...

I may not be unique in harboring regrets for skis released in the past...it happens.

Thanks!

And yeah. But like I said above I think I had a generation back from the current...something changed with sidecut. And I've heard from others that mounting -1 made a difference for them. So just considering options...

I may not be unique in harboring regrets for skis released in the past...it happens.
    I think you want a ARV 106 mounted at factory rec(-5)

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    I spent the last 3 days on a pair of 184 Wren 96 Tis on mostly windbuff, hardpack, and some soft bumps at Squaw. After getting aggressive with a gummi to the contact points, I've found them to hold an edge while breaking lose when I want them to. I'd even call them predictable after the detune.

I've found the 184 to be entirely manageable at 6'1 / 170 and would want to size up if I was a bigger guy.
    comparison to bonafide required

Quote Originally Posted by GBB View Post
    That is quite the endorsement

...something changed with sidecut. And I've heard from others that mounting -1 made a difference for them. So just considering options...
    The sidecut was changed from elliptical to hybrid sidecute on the 108 for 18/19.

Quote Originally Posted by ON3P
    Hybrid Sidecut The sidecut consists of an elliptical arc that begins at boot center and gets progressively smaller as it extends toward the tip of the ski, combined with a traditional radius in the tail. The elliptical tip radius carves the more you drive it, while the traditional tail radius remains even and catch free in variable snow.
    It makes the tails a tad more predictable on hard snow, but it does not make them into slayers of ice

Mounting back also makes them slightly more traditional, but does not significantly change them - the geo is the geo, you can just tweak the characteristics slightly one way or the other. I do not know how sizing up would change the characteristics - I have never been on the same design in different lengths on hard snow (only BGs in 179 and 184 - prefer the latter)