Page 134 of 599 FirstFirst ... 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 ... LastLast
Results 3,326 to 3,350 of 14972
    Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Was it bumped out?? I haven’t skied the SG’s on a low traffic powder day yet, so I think the deep bumps have something to do with it. I took them into the trees at Alpine Meadows, and they weren’t difficult at all, but those trees arent that tight..

I want to ski the stiffy flex and compare it to my Aeverflex. Aeverflex is a comp ski, no doubt about it. I like it like that though, I wanted a replacement for 196 Governors for rage-days, one that was more surfy. Aeverflex rages harder than 196 Govs, and also is more surfy.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    It was smooth in places with soft bumps in others that the SG would destroy. Now firm bigger bumps and I could see them being a handful. I would think the stock flex, for me, would be better in bumps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undertow View Post
    You are welcome...! Hope you enjoyed them...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app
    That was the SG. Just mounted the 191's I received from you. Not sure when I can get on them. It's killing me. Esp with snowmageddon coming.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    It was smooth in places with soft bumps in others that the SG would destroy. Now firm bigger bumps and I could see them being a handful. I would think the stock flex, for me, would be better in bumps.

That was the SG. Just mounted the 191's I received from you. Not sure when I can get on them. It's killing me. Esp with snowmageddon coming.
    ski in an arm brace?

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    ski in an arm brace?
    That won't help.

ski in an arm brace?
    Ski slowly?

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Ski slowly?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA! I tried that once, didn't care for it.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    K108 sidecut & flex. Just flat camber basically.

Jeffrey 110 had camber - but longer radius than the K108.

He is at the point where he is skiing pretty damn good snow most of the time, so the flat camber really works well for him.

My guess based upon the description is that it was a pair of 193cm Cease & Desist we did with a Boston skyline topsheet - traded them for a custom ON3P x Mystery Ranch avy bag. That sound right?
    That’s probably it. Is there any way for me to buy a pair ? Those skis were

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    Which Wren begat the SuperGoat tail?

I want that Wren.
    2x stiff SGs are stiffer than, but not as locked in as my 191 wrens. The more I ski the 2x stiff, the more I notice the flex. They are beefy, especially through the tail. The tips still have just enough flex to work very well in powder though. Wrens feel like they have a traditional 35m radius. The wren 191s just want to ski straight, whenever, and wherever. I believe the supergoats have significantly more rocker though, I’ll check when I get home. SG feels more like a pow ski, Wren feels like a wide all mtn ski. Both are uber burly, just in different ways, and both demand more attention than my 191 Monsters. Monsters are stiffer and heavier, but feel like a 24m sidecut.

My Wrens were custom pressed from like 2015 or 2016. They are 114mm underfoot. I dont really know much other than that. I was thinking of selling them, but then I saw the light. Skis like that are going extinct, and I would regret it. Very fun when you wanna go fast in any conditions, save for super deep bumps. The supergoat can hang, but it’s easier to pivot and feels like it is a tighter radius on edge.

The biggest thing I notice from this new shape of the BG, is it finally has the ability to carve when needed. It’s nothing to “write home to ma” about, but it’s noticeably better than other RES designs I have tried. It’s pretty fun on a soft groomer.

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Stock flex SG’s would definitely be better in large bumps. Regular BG’s are better in bumps, by a large margin. That’s where I notice the largest difference in performance between the two. Standard ones are actually fun in deep choppy bumps, one of the best of the wide powder skis. For smaller bumps, with no trenches between them, they both absolute crush those things..like a bat out of hell.

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

SG is more of a “quiver” ski, for those big days when the entire city didnt come to the mountain to bump everything up.
    So basically... They're never for skiing?

yellow

Quote Originally Posted by thebrucemac View Post
    yellow
    Red

Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Red

ON3P siting at the Olympics. Women’s freestyle quals.

So close... Green bases were the best to watch spin.

Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Just ON3Ps at the Olympics 🎿

Sent from my Pixel using TGR Forums mobile app

I feel like I could have totally used some Billygoats today. It was deep, heavy, chopped to shit, and kicking my ass on 184 Bibbys. Would have been a good 189 BG day.

so, the quiver transformation is now almost complete - I just need to get the wren88s back and mount a black/tecton combo on them. I had some spare vipecs in the parts bin, so decided to go with those - that is black front and use the tecton heels off my bmt122s as vipec heels are sufficient for soft snow use - instead of buying a new pair of p14s.
    I ended up going with k98 in 176 due to availibility, intended use (summer glacier skiing and learning to spin/jib/butter/ride switch) over the 181s that would the more natural choice perhaps. Can't wait to try em out. Happy days - lots of snow and new ski stoke
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20180217_1334343.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	224572
    Also thought i had a ski vacation coming up next week, but apparantly that was in three weeks-> a time i cannot go anymore due to other obligations. Oh well.

Quick note. I have always felt I am right in between the two largest lengths of BG’s. Had the 191 Kartel 116 out today in 3” they are just so good. I’m a pretty directional skier but these things rip. Rocking through crud with speed is zero effort too. Such a great ski. Kind of hits the middle sweet point for me of the BG lengths.

I like the sidecut, shape, rocker profile, etc of the BG way more than the Asym C&Ds I demo'd a couple years at Stevens. Never felt like I could put them on edge and ski them, just felt like I was skidding/bulldozing everywhere. A nearly 40m radius is too much for resort pow (imho).
    I am about to mount mine up..How did the C&Ds ride compared to BGs? They want to go faster? They feel softer and have so much more rocker..

I am about to mount mine up..How did the C&Ds ride compared to BGs? They want to go faster? They feel softer and have so much more rocker..

I only skied a few runs on them firm/soft chalk so I really can't say.

hm, so apparently my current wren108 are softish skis that skis nice. I never noticed - i just thought they were/are awesome I am guessing TGR will approve of these new more manly beasts - though, how much of the flex difference is caused by comparing a 184 to a 189 (under the assumption that the skis get stiffer as they get longer)?

http://blistergearreview.com/gear-re...-wrenegade-108

I had the same reaction... considering I had the 112’s previously with quite a few days on them for comparison. Seems a bit exaggerated IMO.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I lost patience trying to heard cats on organizing another run so we just built 12 more pairs with some of our favorite tops. Will post them up for sale soon.

You could....but you shouldn't.

A bit more than that, especially since we would have to go through a prototyping round or two with them. We had already gone through the design/testing phase with the SuperGoats, so a lot of the work to bring them to production was already done. I'm aware of the interest here. We'll see what happens.

Let us know if that solves it. Obviously our apologies if the base bevel wasn't enough. Skis go through multiple base bevel passes on a belt & then through a dual ceramic edge grinder (DTS-U Pro)....so for something to slip through with no base bevel would be difficult. Hope the bevel solves the issues and helps make the skis easier going for you. If not, let me know.

Also flex wise - as there was uncertainty in the comments above - there haven't been any significantly flex changes on the Wren line in the past couple years.
    Just curious what you risk loosing performance wise by going +1-2cm on the Wrens? Seems like it might make em just a bit quicker to throw around in tight places without loosing much stability or float if any? Does it move you too far out of the sweet spot?

Quote Originally Posted by mda13c View Post
    Just curious what you risk loosing performance wise by going +1-2cm on the Wrens? Seems like it might make em just a bit quicker to throw around in tight places without loosing much stability or float if any? Does it move you too far out of the sweet spot?
    I don’t think you will gain a lot. As stated many times before ON3P has their mounting locations pretty well dialed. If you want a ski that is more forgiving in tight spots, go shorter, or look at the Kartel, or Billygoat. And my gut reaction is tail may become a little less easy to release if you go forward. It is not hard at the recommended mounting location to throw your weight forward and pivot on the front of the ski if you want.

- I am here for the stoke

Also keep in mind the context: Scott's statement was in response to someone asking why I wouldn't just mount a Wren forward instead of wanting a burlier Kartel. You'll probably be okay at +1 or less, but it will be very weird mounted anything like a Kartel, which is like +4 to +6 from the line (depending on which lengths you're comparing).

Though again, the Wren is great at what it does, and you won't make it a Kartel by mounting it forward.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos