Page 82 of 599 FirstFirst ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 14972
    Kai, you should get some 193s as insurance on your 191s. Or those C&Ds Norseman is selling. They are stiff, and burly, and don’t go under 25mph.

Quote Originally Posted by XavierD View Post
    Kai, you should get some 193s as insurance on your 191s. Or those C&Ds Norseman is selling. They are stiff, and burly, and don’t go under 25mph.
    Oh I'm still in for the presale.

I already have some 11-12 C&D prototypes I bought from wren earlier this fall, which may get tossed back to the collective, still up in the air on that.

I've been clamoring for supergoats for a while and I feel like if I back out now I'll regret it. The money is already in the budget and when you have money in the budget you have to spend it or the wife (who's 166 Jessie 108's arrived yesterday!) will take it back.

Have my brother in law pegged for a pair. Question: He'd be new to BG and not many days in the 115-120 waist arena but experienced skier 6' 3 athletic 235. Would you recommend he hop in on SG or enter at 189 to be safe?
    Has BC Atris 189 to share duty. Ski Stevens & Alpental. Have Governor 186 in this slot currently - wanting longer
    thanks

Sounds like the Bro-inlaw would like the SG. He may also like the 116 Kartel in 191

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Have my brother in law pegged for a pair. Question: He'd be new to BG and not many days in the 115-120 waist arena but experienced skier 6' 3 athletic 235. Would you recommend he hop in on SG or enter at 189 to be safe?
    Has BC Atris 189 to share duty. Ski Stevens & Alpental. Have Governor 186 in this slot currently - wanting longer
    thanks
    At 6’3 235 he could likely party with the 193 SG, keep in mind it’s gonna be close to a decimeter taller than his 186 Govenator. Noticeably stiffer too.
    The 189 will be safer for sure, but this is the only chance to get a SG.

Good feedback. The limited factor plays heavy, will stay tuned for details

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    He may also like the 116 Kartel in 191

Sent from my iPad using TGR Forums
    I was hand fiddling these in Bozeman last week. Definitely a burly ski. Gotta be close to 2600g/ski. At $500 I was tempted to get and mount -2cm from the line, but the Supergoat comes first.

I definitely need to demo the 191 Kartel this year though, I had mixed feelings about Jeffrey 114s mounted on the line.

Fack. If I weighed 225 I'd buy these without hesitation. All y'all Clydes, buy em up! This is a cool opportunity.

But I think I'll stick to plan A and continue to ride my stock 191s till they die.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    Fack. If I weighed 225 I'd buy these without hesitation. All y'all Clydes, buy em up! This is a cool opportunity.

But I think I'll stick to plan A and continue to ride my stock 191s till they die.
    I have actually dropped my weight quite a bit in the past 45 days. Between fasting, traveling, getting sick, and just now getting back in shape, I am down to 195lbs. My ski weight will be 185lbs nekkid. Lean and mean baby.

Josh A. getting rad. Holy crap some of that stuff is steep.
    What sticks does he ride? Whole bunch of different stuff in the video, probably with inaccurate top sheets.

Sick vid

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post

Also me, I think. I don't need a new pair, I love my 191s, and I'm 165-170#.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

Secretly hoping none of you big-talkers step up so I can grab a pair left over end of season...

184 Steeple 108s arrived today. I'm stoked that I didn't go 189. These look and feel pretty substantial sitting beside the 190 Deathwishes that they are replacing. 189s would have been more ski than I want to schlep around in the backcountry. Construction and finish are top notch. I look forward to pushing these tips up and down the best parts of many a map.

steepletips3 by 'Scoe, on Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Reformed View Post
    184 Steeple 108s arrived today. I'm stoked that I didn't go 189. These look and feel pretty substantial sitting beside the 190 Deathwishes that they are replacing. 189s would have been more ski than I want to schlep around in the backcountry. Construction and finish are top notch. I look forward to pushing these tips up and down the best parts of many a map.

steepletips3 by 'Scoe, on Flickr
    I would LOVE to hear some direct comparisons including side by side pics if you ever get around to it!! I've heard a lot of good things about Moment's touring core and not quite so much about the Steeples (not to hurt any feelings here, didn't come from me) so to get a direct review of the Steeple vs one of Moments biggest MTN dogs would be eye opening for sure! Been interested in ON3P's touring rigs but have never had a chance to get on a pair, their new steeple/bg lite has whatever brain cells I have left firing off like a teenager in a strip club for the first time!
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

I've got the Steeple 102s from a few seasons ago.

Love em, but don't have much to compare em to. I used them out in Jackson last winter, end of January when they had a break in the storms. They kicked ass, that is for sure. They were good in anything from 5 inches to 2 feet.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    What sticks does he ride? Whole bunch of different stuff in the video, probably with inaccurate top sheets.

Rad video is rad!!

I have 189 Steeple 108’s for sale in gear swap if anyone wants to give them a try at a discount.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post

Cease and Desist (two different versions), some kartel 116-ish prototypes, and most recently he skis Wrenegade 108...Daily...a lot.

His Squaw Edit he is dropping is almost exclusively on Wren 108.
    You should have been here yesterday!

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I cant wait to ski my C&Ds. Look so smooth and loose, yet can charge if you need to.

I hope we get the deep dumps needed for them here in Big Sky at least a few times this season.

Quote Originally Posted by optics View Post
    Secretly hoping none of you big-talkers step up so I can grab a pair left over end of season...
    Fairy Tales

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    I cant wait to ski my C&Ds. Look so smooth and loose, yet can charge if you need to.

I hope we get the deep dumps needed for them here in Big Sky at least a few times this season.

Don't be fooled bro, 6-8" at the Big with wind can mean waist deep loading on the Dictators/Lenin/Marx.

Hmm, but would I use C&Ds, or Super Goats??

I have a feeling Super Goats will get more use up high.

One on each foot....

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    One on each foot....
    This