Page 274 of 594 FirstFirst ... 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 ... LastLast
Results 6,826 to 6,850 of 14839
    All this Wrenegade and Wren Ti talk has me reminiscing. Plenty of Wren + pow stoke from January here in this video.

Cheers!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by mfa81 View Post
    would you still recommend sizing up if you want the woodsman for a now snow/day after storm skiing?

at 5’5” / 135 skiing the 179 bg I feel like 182 woodsman would be too much ski, I’m currently pretty happy with my 177 og cochise.
    I'd go 177cm. You are a bit outlier on sizing with the 179cm BG. I think you would be set on the 177cm Woodsman.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Iggy, when will the new custom builder be up on the site?

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Iggy, when will the new custom builder be up on the site?
    About a week.

Quick question, I’m a racer looking to buy a set of Woodsman 96s as my one ski quiver for the Midwest (upper lower Michigan) as well as a bit of skiing in the Rockies. I’m about 5’7” 125lbs (and still growing) and a very aggressive skier that prefers a slightly long, but still maneuverable ski. As far as sizing goes, would you go for the 172, 177, or 182? I have tried a few of my friends’ Kartels in the 161 and 176 and love them both, super stoked to get a pair of my own this summer

Depends on a few factors.

How much you think you’ll grow and how long you want them to last being one of them. I would likely rule out the 182cm. If you’re 14 and going to grow 5 inches by next winter that could change things.

The 172cm will be more lively and playful and likely stable enough for the moment.

The 177 will have more top end and likely be better once you’ve added a few inches. At your weight it might not be all that playful for the moment. It will ski a bit longer than the 176cm Kartel so keep that in mind if the Kartel felt like a bit of work.

Quote Originally Posted by willgoelz View Post
    Quick question, I’m a racer looking to buy a set of Woodsman 96s as my one ski quiver for the Midwest (upper lower Michigan) as well as a bit of skiing in the Rockies. I’m about 5’7” 125lbs (and still growing) and a very aggressive skier that prefers a slightly long, but still maneuverable ski. As far as sizing goes, would you go for the 172, 177, or 182? I have tried a few of my friends’ Kartels in the 161 and 176 and love them both, super stoked to get a pair of my own this summer

Whats the weight for the cease and desist in 184 or 189? Anyone have their pair on a scale? I figured it would be listed on the 2020 page but its still not on there.

My apologies if someone already asked this, but I've scoured this thread and can't find it anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    Depends on a few factors.

How much you think you’ll grow and how long you want them to last being one of them. I would likely rule out the 182cm. If you’re 14 and going to grow 5 inches by next winter that could change things.

The 172cm will be more lively and playful and likely stable enough for the moment.

The 177 will have more top end and likely be better once you’ve added a few inches. At your weight it might not be all that playful for the moment. It will ski a bit longer than the 176cm Kartel so keep that in mind if the Kartel felt like a bit of work.
    Thanks for the help

Quote Originally Posted by TeleBeaver View Post
    Whats the weight for the cease and desist in 184 or 189? Anyone have their pair on a scale? I figured it would be listed on the 2020 page but its still not on there.

My apologies if someone already asked this, but I've scoured this thread and can't find it anywhere.
    I’ve got some 189’s with STH2 13’s on them. I can weigh them and subtract the known binding weight and get you in the ballpark.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

2019 production run came in averaging at 2330 for 184 and 2410 for 189.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cd_weight.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	155.6 KB 
ID:	280750

184. I regularly tour on mine, so I was pretty happy to score a lighter weight pair.

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    2019 production run came in averaging at 2330 for 184 and 2410 for 189.
    Very enticing. Thanks for the help guys.

Would appreciate any thoughts Iggy
    Looking for a new touring ski, thinking either Jeffrey 96 or Woodsman 96. Leaning this way as my only inbounds ski is a 181 Kartel 116, favorite ski I've ever ridden no question asked. I'm 5'8" 120lbs and have been skiing since I could walk. This is gonna be a ski for days when we haven't seen any fresh snow in the Wasatch for a few days. Mostly steeper skiing and tighter lines, not as much a focus on open alpine where I can redline it. Kinda more like hippy pow technique. Never gonna be skiing switch, I don't often inbounds, but love how releasable the tail is on the Kartels.

I spend most of my time touring on a Moment Meridian in a 181, I really like it but on harder variable snow it gets tossed around and doesn't have that damp feeling I love with the Kartels. Best I can put it is the Moments feel like a Corvette, super responsive and precise. The Kartels are like a Tacoma with a 6" lift kit, plows over anything it looks at.
    What would you reccomend and what length? With the Jeffrey I'm on the fence between 181 and 176 but uncertain. Woodsman I'm thinking 177 but curious if you think the 172 would work well. Thanks! Also stoked to see new custom options, planning on a veneer top and want to get a graphic overlayed on it.

Scott I just want to say thank you for making the Blister podcast it means a lot man.

Quote Originally Posted by Lizzie123 View Post
    Scott I just want to say thank you for making the Blister podcast it means a lot man.
    Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thirded!

Can’t wait to get on a metal wren and a woodsman.

just finished the latest blister podcast interview with scott and heard a lot of what i guessed i would regarding the new line up. all good stuff of course.

the best part for me is scott's semi-soliloquy regarding radius, ee, sidecut, etc and what they all mean to the end user. i too in his words love to "nerd out" over the numbers but relaying to the customer what those numbers mean and why they are important without giving up proprietary information is difficult. a very in depth explanation nonetheless

i did follow (mostly) what he says regarding the technical info and why some very different skis share the same ee/radius/whatever and i think this forum and this thread specifically allows us, the end user and questioner of the product to share a lot of specific experiences and information that helps folks who may or may not have any clue about what that info means and why its important. i guess it's one of the reasons i keep reading this thread

in all another good podcast from blister about a fantastic product, and oh yeah, i'm one of those guys who rattled your cage about mount point. sorry scott!

Yeah, I enjoyed that. Gestalt matters.

Has there been any report of the weight of the Woodsman 108 in the 187 or 192?

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    Has there been any report of the weight of the Woodsman 108 in the 187 or 192?
    Scott said it would be similar to the Kartels. So 2250-2400g

#wopsy
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wrens.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	1.54 MB 
ID:	281440
    Well, at least I have done my part to thank Iggy for bringing the w114s into life. I decided on a whim that both my quivers needed to contain a pair

I might still move on from the w96s prior to using em, as I am thinking that a Woodsman96 might be better fit with what I want that slot of the quiver to do - especially a titanal-infused pair

So, my whole k108/166 + C&D + wren96 conundrum is still a bit unresolved. Luckily I have all summer long to ponder on how my 2020 quivers will turn out, or get reworked. The only thing that is certain is that they will shrink a bit - they are a bit excessive right now... That being said, my W114/108/88s are going absolutely nowhere though

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    That being said, my W114/108/88s are going absolutely nowhere though
    How much overlap is there between the 108 and 114?

67.322%?

In all honesty though, I do not know.

My (very limited) experience with wren114s suggests that they will thrive in a narrower set of conditions than wren108s. Wren108s can easily be daily drivers for people who like to go fast all the time and ride fresh snow rich resorts. For big days on big lines in the right snow w114s should be perfection in the form of skis. For lazy groomer days, not so much.

I also think it is kinda interesting how similar wren114s are to Rustler11s (a ski I consider to be pretty much a perfect daily driver) in a lot of ways. That kinda makes me wonder if a slightly less demanding and more turny/energetic wren114 could be a much bigger seller. Alas, that is not to be. I am very thankfull for Iggy's decision to make the wren114s the ski they are instead of neutered down version. I cannot wait to get more time on mine, and bring them to some proper terrain on big days.

And btw, I was hardly able to ski this past winter though due to other commitments. That kinda explains the somewhat excessive quiver building focus over the last months, lining everything up for next year.
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 05-07-2019 at 02:26 AM.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I am a self proclaimed fairly strong skier that craves speed. I will just add that I found the 108s to be plenty of ski for even the deepest ec pow days I got this year. When the snow is soft I am in the woods and would not want a wider Wren in tight space. I read the 114 as likely different beasts and would only be interested if I had more open terrain to bomb in soft snow. Even as things quickly get tracked out it doesn’t take long for me to reach for the 98s > 108s.

I think the 114 should be instead compared to the BG and either/or dictated by preferred skiing style. .....Says one who hasn’t skied the 114 or a more modern BG.
    Last edited by Doremite; 05-07-2019 at 08:56 AM.
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    67.322%?

In all honesty though, I do not know.

My (very limited) experience with wren114s suggests that they will thrive in a narrower set of conditions than wren108s. Wren108s can easily be daily drivers for people who like to go fast all the time and ride fresh snow rich resorts. For big days on big lines in the right snow w114s should be perfection in the form of skis. For lazy groomer days, not so much.

I also think it is kinda interesting how similar wren114s are to Rustler11s (a ski I consider to be pretty much a perfect daily driver) in a lot of ways. That kinda makes me wonder if a slightly less demanding and more turny/energetic wren114 could be a much bigger seller. Alas, that is not to be. I am very thankfull for Iggy's decision to make the wren114s the ski they are instead of neutered down version. I cannot wait to get more time on mine, and bring them to some proper terrain on big days.

And btw, I was hardly able to ski this past winter though due to other commitments. That kinda explains the somewhat excessive quiver building focus over the last months, lining everything up for next year.
    Thanks for the feedback. I have a pair of 114's and have been debating about picking up some 108's for more of a daily driver and tighter terrain.