Page 430 of 598 FirstFirst ... 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 ... LastLast
Results 10,726 to 10,750 of 14947
    What is this BG110?

I loved the Steeple 112. Jeez that was a phenomenal ski in fluffy snow.

Quote Originally Posted by AEV View Post
    What is this BG110?

I loved the Steeple 112. Jeez that was a phenomenal ski in fluffy snow.
    Don't worry, they're too soft and short for you.

I actually quite like soft and short skis for specific purposes
    Last edited by AEV; 05-01-2021 at 02:06 PM.

I actually quite like soft and short skis for specific purposes
    In ze bumps?

All kidding aside re the Dynastar thread
    I skied today for the first time in over a year, and my first actual confident day on skis since I broke my neck. First day I can really get the feel for ski characteristics.
    It is good to hear that things are improving and that you are back on your skis. You've always provided stellar and nuanced insight in the past, so please keep those golden nuggets of knowledge coming. I had no idea that you had such a traumtic injury recently and can but appreciate the fact that you are bouncing back.

And yes. BG108tours are amazing corn/slush skis (BG108ts are probably my favorite slush ski ever so far), as are Woodsman108s. I will ride them back to back tomorrow to compare them, but I had a shit ton of fun on my wd108s today.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    differences also include approx -2 (mag) vs approx -4 (jeff) wrt mount point and park detune underfoot on the mags as a stock offering.

Kartels / Jeffreys are freaking amazing corn/slush skis, so you can't really go wrong either way.

So if you prefer a more centered mount point and want the park detune -> mag, slightly more versatility -> jeff.
    Thanks for the beta. Picked up the 176 Magnus (two lefts) for $350. A steal

I was eyeing those. My wallet thanks you profusely.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    In ze bumps?

All kidding aside re the Dynastar thread

It is good to hear that things are improving and that you are back on your skis. You've always provided stellar and nuanced insight in the past, so please keep those golden nuggets of knowledge coming. I had no idea that you had such a traumtic injury recently and can but appreciate the fact that you are bouncing back.

And yes. BG108tours are amazing corn/slush skis (BG108ts are probably my favorite slush ski ever so far), as are Woodsman108s. I will ride them back to back tomorrow to compare them, but I had a shit ton of fun on my wd108s today.
    Definitely in ze bumps!

I got real lucky with my neck. It healed up very well, besides some minor nagging pain. It wasn't as bad as it could have been though, I was wearing a Leatt neck brace which helped (I think).

I haven't skied the Woodsman, but a few people have told me to. I need find a pair to try next season for sure.

BG 187 with 50/50 core = stoked
    You should have been here yesterday!

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    BG 187 with 50/50 core = stoked
    Please tell me 2 extra cm went into the tails, one to the front and the mount moved slightly forward!?

I'm so so so pulling the trigger if so!
    Last edited by beeeom; 05-04-2021 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Bad at math

Drool
    Last edited by AEV; 05-06-2021 at 11:56 PM.

Tour core with binding plate re insta - pretty neat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3629.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	671.7 KB 
ID:	374166
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 05-10-2021 at 06:08 PM.

I finally skied the 186 BG's (2014?) I picked up in the fall.

Whoah. I took me one run to understand why folks love these things. The RES is absolutely noticeable. I was at Abasin skiing all the conditions you would expect after 4-5" of May snow that came down pretty dry. What stood out was how smooth the tail releases in any kind of snow. In one run I would make a couple pow turns, hit some dust on crust, then hot pow that may or may not cover up the crust, then some ice. Some times these surfaces were on moguls, sometimes not. And I could just keep the same stance and just pivot away through some tight, steep spaces. No other ski I've ever been on would have been a fun and easy. The combo of a smooth ride, an easy to release (but supportive) tail, and quick planing even at moderate speeds was just perfect.

In recent years I've skied a lot on GPO's, Rustler 11's. The Billy Goats are very different skis. The GPO's and Rustler 11's are cut from the same cloth. They are quicker and MUCH better carvers than BG's (especially the 11's) but, the BG's are far more maneuverable in a 3D snow. It is not a small difference. I can see why someone would prefer one over the other most of the time, but in my opinion these skis do not overlap despite the obvious similarities in their dimensions. I'll be skiing the 11's AND BG's next season for sure, as they have complementary strengths.

The BG's and 11's do have one thing in common. The combo of sidecut and rocker profile on the tails is magical, albeit in different ways. With the BG's you have a tail that is always willing to release and pivot in 3D snow, but on a ski that doesn't feel turny at all. On the Rustler 11's the tail is more hard snow focused, but has a similar split personality- it will lock into big carved turns, or slarve around easily (similar to the OG Cochises, but more... fun). Like I said, they complement each other quite well.

Look forward to skiing the Billy Goats in some proper powder, but I'l likely have to wait 6 month.

Beyond details about next years lineup, I am really looking forward to another Gear:30 podcast interview with Scott.

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

Whoah. I took me one run to understand why folks love these things. The RES is absolutely noticeable. I was at Abasin skiing all the conditions you would expect after 4-5" of May snow that came down pretty dry. What stood out was how smooth the tail releases in any kind of snow. In one run I would make a couple pow turns, hit some dust on crust, then hot pow that may or may not cover up the crust, then some ice. Some times these surfaces were on moguls, sometimes not. And I could just keep the same stance and just pivot away through some tight, steep spaces. No other ski I've ever been on would have been a fun and easy. The combo of a smooth ride, an easy to release (but supportive) tail, and quick planing even at moderate speeds was just perfect.

In recent years I've skied a lot on GPO's, Rustler 11's. The Billy Goats are very different skis. The GPO's and Rustler 11's are cut from the same cloth. They are quicker and MUCH better carvers than BG's (especially the 11's) but, the BG's are far more maneuverable in a 3D snow. It is not a small difference. I can see why someone would prefer one over the other most of the time, but in my opinion these skis do not overlap despite the obvious similarities in their dimensions. I'll be skiing the 11's AND BG's next season for sure, as they have complementary strengths.

The BG's and 11's do have one thing in common. The combo of sidecut and rocker profile on the tails is magical, albeit in different ways. With the BG's you have a tail that is always willing to release and pivot in 3D snow, but on a ski that doesn't feel turny at all. On the Rustler 11's the tail is more hard snow focused, but has a similar split personality- it will lock into big carved turns, or slarve around easily (similar to the OG Cochises, but more... fun). Like I said, they complement each other quite well.

Look forward to skiing the Billy Goats in some proper powder, but I'l likely have to wait 6 month.
    I love hearing peoples first reaction to Billy Goats. Aren't they "hero skis"?

One way ticket to Chunder City baby. When it's all sloppy and manky and bumped out/chopped up, RES comes to the rescue and you're just flying by people in ligament-tearing conditions like

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Name:	Image1620792711.316148.jpg 
Views:	129 
Size:	1.81 MB 
ID:	374311

Woodsman in tour layup is the shit, 5 days on the Sierra crest as a break in - tour and ski so well!

Quote Originally Posted by I've seen black diamonds! View Post

You've now skied the best ski to ever exist.

Aren't they "hero skis"?
    Yes. I was skiing like the best skier on the mountain. Even though I wasn't.

Can't wait to ski them in conditions conducive to really opening it up. I only had a few days of lift served skiing that weren't with a 6 year old this winter. But these skis make me want to bump that up. They really transform marginal conditions into good.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Think I can share more after this alleged pow day tomorrow and another day on them
    So PT I am not sure if you dropped your knowledge on the new BG but was hoping you could share you thoughts... Haven’t skied in almost a month and am already jonesing so need to live through you...

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Woodsman in tour layup is the shit, 5 days on the Sierra crest as a break in - tour and ski so well!
    Sweet Jeebbus, Rowen - thanks for sharing the stoke I have to agree though - Iggy&crew knocked it out of the park with the new tour layup.

I am still absolutely blown away that the pair of 186 jeff108tours in the sample/blem sale hasn't been picked up by anybody yet - bargain at 549.

Name:	image1.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	633.7 KB 
ID:	374424

I found a brand new pair and couldn't resist.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	115 
Size:	599.4 KB 
ID:	374423  

ON3P SKIS Discussion

YES!! He’s back in the gear game! Nice pick up.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Those are sweet! Nice pick up. I'm jonesing to hear about the new updates for 21-22.

🌋🌋🌋

Nice one AEV! Are they new as in '22 new?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Understandable that you'd want a pair of BGs in the quiver, but thought you did not like the asym? It sounded like the 192 2022 version would be closer to an AEV unicorn ski, but then again - finding skis that have yet to be launched at bargain prices is a bit difficult and the current model is no slouch.