Page 120 of 599 FirstFirst ... 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... LastLast
Results 2,976 to 3,000 of 14969
    Maybe it is just the sharpness of the tune on the new pair keeping them more locked in?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27048868_10215347534191274_191575063_o.jpg 
Views:	413 
Size:	654.7 KB 
ID:	221923
    191 and 193s
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	27329429_10215347799957918_490317711_o.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	164.8 KB 
ID:	221924
    My helmet matches my skis.

Have a pair of BG’s that I love. I’m wanting to switch from my 13/14 Cochise to a more versatil and playful every day non powder ski. Would people recommend kartel or wren 100’s.

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Blister tests gear for a living. They try to be objective, but clearly have their biases.

Oh well, too bad they think the Bibby Pro is a good as it gets. They are missing out skiing shitty skis while I enjoy my Billy Goats.
    I've never skied Billy Goats, but really want to and I'm sure they are amazing as everyone says. I did ski my Bibby Pros yesterday and they are far from shitty skis. It could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing (good chance), but the Bibby Pros are the best skis I've ever owned.

I'm going to be pretty torn on size for the Billy Goat. I often wish I had the 190 Bibby rather than the 184 (found them used before they started making them again so couldn't be picky), but I think it's mainly from the Bibby actually being like 182 then being more center mounted. They look short up front, but don't really ski that way and I've never had problems with float or stability. Thinking the actual 184 of the BG with a more traditional mount will look and feel a bit longer already. These days I'm probably spending more time in tight trees than nuking wide open spaces, so the 184 might be right. I'm 5'10" and around 165 and a strong skier.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    I've never skied Billy Goats, but really want to and I'm sure they are amazing as everyone says. I did ski my Bibby Pros yesterday and they are far from shitty skis. It could be a case of not knowing what I'm missing (good chance), but the Bibby Pros are the best skis I've ever owned.

I'm going to be pretty torn on size for the Billy Goat. I often wish I had the 190 Bibby rather than the 184 (found them used before they started making them again so couldn't be picky), but I think it's mainly from the Bibby actually being like 182 then being more center mounted. They look short up front, but don't really ski that way and I've never had problems with float or stability. Thinking the actual 184 of the BG with a more traditional mount will look and feel a bit longer already. These days I'm probably spending more time in tight trees than nuking wide open spaces, so the 184 might be right. I'm 5'10" and around 165 and a strong skier.
    184 would be the right choice. they float like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth Skier View Post
    184 would be the right choice. they float like mad.
    Agreed. Our 184cm is like a 187cm Moment.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by 808cam View Post
    Have a pair of BG’s that I love. I’m wanting to switch from my 13/14 Cochise to a more versatil and playful every day non powder ski. Would people recommend kartel or wren 100’s.
    Me too - not that part about cochise but WTB a used pair of 189/191 Wrenegade 98's for daily driver if anyone is holding.

Overheard on chair today in reference to SG’s “man those are some burly sticks” :-D

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    yeah, sorry for helping derail the thread.

perhaps a silly question - but i understand that on3p releases next year models as they are made available late season, and not during the next few weeks like everybody else. Am i understanding this correctly?

That being said - I really like this years graphics, especially the various wrens (that graphic is growing on me more and more, in spite of being seemingly quite straight forward) and steeples. New stuff is always new&exciting though! I for one am really excited to see their 2019 line up - including the previously mentioned evolution of a c&d'esque model with a BG like profile or some such as well as their new graphics. They will have their work cut out for themselves to top this year imo.
    We will release new graphics and lineup for 2019 to the public around March 1st and the skis will be available to purchase in late Spring.

So you wait longer to see them, but can buy them sooner. We find the old industry model of showing skis to everyone 9-12 months before you can even buy them to be...counter productive, to say the least.

There is a case of what we see as “iPhone-itis” where people miss out on great skis from many brands, not just ON3P, because the next big GAME CHANGER is always being teased.

Large manufacturers sell all their skis to shops and therefore aren’t hurting their business showing future skis before Xmas. Their sales season is already done. But they sure as hell hurt their retailers who have to deal with all the leaked photos, models, details, etc in this age of social media and everyone having a smartphone to take photos at trade shows and events.

Others like us, that sell skis directly to you as well as to shops need to focus on current models (we are still rebuilding some current skis as they sell out) because that’s what our customers can actually ski and use right now.

Just a little insight on why we’ve shifted our cycle last year and will continue to do so moving forward
    Last edited by PowTron; 01-23-2018 at 09:34 AM.
    You should have been here yesterday!

PowTron - thanks for the reply - sounds good! I am really looking forward to seeing what awesomeness you guys will release for next cycle, though to be fair - i am also very happy indeed with your current stuff

I kinda see where both models have their plusses and minuses, but yeah - i am more than willing to wait a bit longer if it also means that it is available sooner - a no brainer imo Since it potentially also means a steadier demand for you guys through the season, it should be a win win

edit: my initial reply had a wordy text pretty much saying what you put in your edit, that i axed in an attempt to be brief for once
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 01-23-2018 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 808cam View Post
    Wren 98 if you (more or less) like the mount of the Cochise; Kartel 98 if you (re)mounted forward 2 cm and still felt they were too far back. My guess is you want the Wren 98.
    "Alpine rock and steep, deep powder are what I seek, and I will always find solace there." - Bean Bowers

photos

RE: Blister review of the BG.

Doesn't matter to me. Pulled my 16/17 184's out last week on a 5 inch day at JH. Started out kind of dusty on crusty but the day got better. So impressed with how these things handled those conditions. Tails so loose, never getting hung up on the rock hard junk under the soft snow, they turn little pockets into fun little sweeps. Rip the shit out of the groomers. I hadn't ridden them all year (20 + days this season) and put them on and it took 0 minutes to adjust. I'm a big guy for the 184's (6'2 ish and 200 lbs ish) because I am a sucker the the nimbleness on the steeps because I love steep and I love open snowfields and these handle both great. One of my favorite things about the BG is how they handle the lower faces at JH even when things go to shit. You can watch everyone around you struggle and fly by them without breaking a sweat (save for the numerous ripper locals who put me in my place and keep it real). Also fun to get complements on the graphics and questions about the ski from people that are familiar with them all day long.

I'm still working my way into my 98 Wrens. Did a bunch of gummy work to detune them and sliding them around on the local rain crust last night to get the edges down to where I need them, seems like they get a bit better with every lap. When they are good, they are really good...so much pop out of turns, trenches laid on hard snow, but I still don't have them completely dialed in (detuned enough) for my skiing style. When that happens I'll try to give a decent review.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

For what it’s worth the Wren 98’s really came alive for me after some detuning trial and error. I pretty much never ski anything new anymore without a little gummy work.

Snowing in Tahoe right now... stoked to get out on my BG’s for the first time since last March!
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Gudauri is Wren 108 territory. Also, touring cats need to be a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowen View Post
    Gudauri is Wren 108 territory. Also, touring cats need to be a thing.
    How's the snow in Georgia?

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    This year in Gudauri is a blast. Almost 2 m. of snow only in January.

BGs has been great for the variable snow in Chamonix this week.
    Best ski ever.

Sent fra min F5321 via Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jackattack View Post
    I'm coming off a season in Japan so everything seems low. Storm dropped a few feet a week before I arrived and we just got about half a foot - might not get more for another week and a half. But the high alpine here is excellent, things dry out and get light (strange for me coming from the PNW) and I have some amazing friends getting me into speedflying out here - probly the best place in the world to learn how. Highly approve so far.

https://instagram.com/p/BeWne8hnrSt/

Some Billygoat stoke looking good on the groomers.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Sweet! Knowing something like 30-50cm of fresh arrived today with sunny skies forecasted for tomorrow that i cannot go ride, that flick def helped maintain the stoke level and was just what i needed

also nice with the other photos above.

So I’ve been skiing primarily on ON3P since 2012/13. We’ve had droughts and low tide skiing in Tahoe quite a bit over that period and today was literally the most I’ve been able to damage a pair.

14-18 inches overnight, things looking pretty filled in, so after a few clean laps I drop a 10-12 footer on my Billy Goats and completely explode on the landing, hitting a rock just a few inches under the surface apparently thanks to some wind transport. The damage...

You’ve gotta be kidding me. Pretty sure my old
    volkls or Blizzards would be dead right now.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Skiing ON3P and Praxis skis has completely ruined normal skis for me. I'm in CO so even when it's high tide, it's low tide. I've totally just stopped giving a fuck about what the medium below me is. If I'm fairly certain it'll take me off my feet I might consider a little bunny hop or trying to be light but otherwise, fuck it. The amount of dumb shit I've done on those brands skis over the last 5-10 years is absurd, and yet I can count the number of coreshots I've actually received on one hand.

It's more of an accomplishment these days when I do actually get a coreshot.

Sick day skiing the Billy goats today, getting used to them for sure. They are amazing at speed on roughed up late pow day groomer. So stable, carve a nice turn on smooth groomers too. Very happy with them there.

Skied some insanely deep 40-60cm overnight pow last week and the tip diving was pissing me off. I think any ski would have dived in that though. Still notice it in shallower snow though.

The tail is bugging me a bit, keeps catching me out and feels demanding, taking off and pushing me into the back seat. My other skis in quiver are 184 Supernatural 108 and 184 salomon X-drive 88, I have also skied lotus 120, Katanta and old Squads shit loads, so I don't think it's the stiffness of the tail, maybe just the length of it. Never felt a tail punishing me like this one is. Also skied Mantra, Chochise etc a bit, so it's not like I'm coming from a S7 or anything.

Overall happy, but wondering if a -1 mount would solve the tail oddity and the tip diving. Enjoying learning them, great resort pow ski for sure, just of a different style to what I'm used to.

Quote Originally Posted by flowing alpy View Post
    Of Course
    It is the best forum in which I have participated, I congratulate you.

"Adriana"

Asym is so hot right now.

I looked at my skis when I got to car and was like WTF then I remembered the rather large Nordic style air I took earlier in the day.