Page 214 of 599 FirstFirst ... 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,350 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by SupreChicken View Post
    Newest ones.

I would love to A/B with the old, but I think the only place I’d prefer the old (if I can tell much difference in this setting) is super deep pow.

Edit for tuco - it HAS to be better all around, I think. 74cm of tip rocker isn’t necessary most of the time.
    Agreed
    Big part of me wants to sell what I have and update to new profile. Seems much better suited for my intended purpose.
    Other part feels like just sayin 'fuck it' and goin for it anyway

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post
    Agreed
    Big part of me wants to sell what I have and update to new profile. Seems much better suited for my intended purpose.
    Other part feels like just sayin 'fuck it' and goin for it anyway
    I was in the same boat last year and resisted the temptation, was rewarded for my patience. The new profile looks amazing and I can’t wait to get out on mine. BUT, since you’ve got ‘em, why not ride ‘em...

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I was in the same boat last year and resisted the temptation, was rewarded for my patience. The new profile looks amazing and I can’t wait to get out on mine. BUT, since you’ve got ‘em, why not ride ‘em...
    That's the way I'm leaning for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Betelgeuse View Post
    Why not?
    Skied them 3 different days over this last storm cycle. They didnt have much of a float improvement over BGs and were a huge pain in the ass on traverses because of the short sidecut. Sure they were fun in the fresh, but weren’t blowing me away. I gotta get them in some heavy shmoo before I give up on then, I bet the tail shape is great for that stuff.

It’s a Good loose shape for fresh snow, but anything else was too much of a chore.

I love the OG c&d so the new one is probably much more my style.

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    PSA for Montana Folks- ON3P demo this Saturday and Sunday (12/22-12/23) at Red Lodge.
    More demo dates are up on the ON3P website too. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by CallMeAl View Post
    PSA for Montana Folks- ON3P demo this Saturday and Sunday (12/22-12/23) at Red Lodge.
    Any idea if there will be anything setup for tele (NTN)? I'm guessing not....

Hey stranger...I want to come ski that Big Sky Mountain place I hear so much about. I am so IKON passed out it isn't funny. You have floor or couch space some time in January?
    You should have been here yesterday!

Where full grown men pretend to be cowboys
    Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    Negative, sorry. Last year there was a pair or two floating around Colorado, not sure if that's the case this year though. All of my skis have Tyrolia Attack 2 (GW/DIN/WTR/ISO9523) demo bindings.

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Hey stranger...I want to come ski that Big Sky Mountain place I hear so much about. I am so IKON passed out it isn't funny. You have floor or couch space some time in January?
    Always! I don't have a pass up there, but I bet I can scare up a day ticket with a little notice.

Quote Originally Posted by 3PinGrin View Post
    I’ll be back in Jackson mid January with some outlaws on K108 I’d let you try out. I’ll try to remember to give you a shout when I get up to SW Montana.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I’ll be back in Jackson mid January with some outlaws on K108 I’d let you try out. I’ll try to remember to give you a shout when I get up to SW Montana.

- I am here for the stoke
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Tele Wren 108s and 98s. Tons of tail rocker and release w ease yet crave speed and the fall line all the same. I’d fear Kartels too playful even for a loose tele style. I prefer a flatter tail traditional shape but digging the wrens ease and playfulness without sacrifice of changeability. Not new news but not many flip flop opinions in these parts.
    Sounds like we ski similarly. Still thinking about K108 over W108 because my speed/fall line needs already covered with Head Monsters. Want something equally durable (Monsters are probably the heaviest skis I’ve been on since my race days with Deflex, etc.) but more nimble and flexible for all conditions, particularly <12” in trees and bumps. K108 feel like a better fit there, but I’m definitely not the expert. Still on 75mm tele so no option to demo unfortunately. Thoughts?

Family ski vacation is there this weekend! Perfect, I've GOT to try kartels

I didnt wanna start a new thread, but I was a dipshit, and took off the bindings on my Billy Goats. I’m also a ski tech boob. How do I reuse these holes safely? It seems easy enough that I can do it myself.

or no, should I pay a shop? If I go that route, I’ll probably pay $100 more for inserts and labor

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

I didnt wanna start a new thread, but I was a dipshit, and took off the bindings on my Billy Goats. I’m also a ski tech boob. How do I reuse these holes safely? It seems easy enough that I can do it myself.

or no, should I pay a shop? If I go that route, I’ll probably pay $100 more for inserts and labor

did you simply unscrew the screws? If so, make sure the holes are clean, re-glue and carefully re-screw.

Yes, I just unscrewed them. Thank you.

What’s the absolute strongest glue for this?

Long set epoxy.

But all the glue really needs to do is keep water out. Lots of opinions on this.

No problem. You can re-use the holes just fine, just add wood glue and screw them back in. Make sure the binding is flush though.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Thanks. I got into a rush trying to sell everything, but it’s going to be nice having Billy Goats on hand when I drive back up to Mammoth/Tahoe for warmer storms with heavier snow the next few years. Or just traveling in general and I know theres going to be heavy snowy.. this is where BGs are supreme!

If anyone needs a pair of white pivot 18s 130mm, hit me up

Quote Originally Posted by ski-wpk View Post
    Sounds like we ski similarly. Still thinking about K108 over W108 because my speed/fall line needs already covered with Head Monsters. Want something equally durable (Monsters are probably the heaviest skis I’ve been on since my race days with Deflex, etc.) but more nimble and flexible for all conditions, particularly <12” in trees and bumps. K108 feel like a better fit there, but I’m definitely not the expert. Still on 75mm tele so no option to demo unfortunately. Thoughts?
    Bind your heel. Demos available, problem solved.

Re: reusing holes. I know people do it, but you have to be really careful to get the screw started right. It is pretty easy to cross thread and end up with a spinner. To start gently rotate the screw CCW until you feel it drop in to the old threads, then rotate CW to screw it in. Even with this, I think it's possible to mess it up because of the "keeper threads" on the binding itself. Theoretically if the binding is flush (and was also flush during the first instal) everything should line up and work fine. Worst case is you get a spinner and you're off for those inserts/helicoils anyways.

Got out on the heavy core steeple 108s that I picked up from CascadeLuke. Dust on junk with wind stashes was the perfect scenario for these guys. Not super relevant to the kartel v. wren discussion due to availability, but these are the 10x width grab-for-whatever ski I was looking for, very stoked

Quote Originally Posted by jdadour View Post
    No problem. You can re-use the holes just fine, just add wood glue and screw them back in. Make sure the binding is flush though.
    I’ve been reusing existing holes for 20+ years with virtually no issues. Just set the screws by hand and not with a drill driver and you will be fine.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

When starting the screws turn them backwards till they click down, then go forward. This will ensure you reuse the old threads.

Sent from my SM-G950U usin

Thanks. I got into a rush trying to sell everything, but it’s going to be nice having Billy Goats on hand when I drive back up to Mammoth/Tahoe for warmer storms with heavier snow the next few years. Or just traveling in general and I know theres going to be heavy snowy.. this is where BGs are supreme!

If anyone needs a pair of white pivot 18s 130mm, hit me up

I'll take them, either myself or a few other local mags would be appreciative.

Damn, I love the flex of the K108 but the reality is it’s just way too much tail rocker and a bit too center mounted for how I ski. I should have known better. Advanced notice of some really nice custom skis for sale soon.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.