Page 261 of 599 FirstFirst ... 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,525 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    For someone that like the wren in a 184 and felt that was the right size for them would you recommend the woodsman in a 187?
    I think Iggy's point about building the 192 as a bonus may suggest to downsize slightly on the Woodsman, so 184 Wren, get the 182 Wood? I'm curious to know as well as I'm happy with the Wren at 189 and like having the extra length in front.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I think Iggy's point about building the 192 as a bonus may suggest to downsize slightly on the Woodsman, so 184 Wren, get the 182 Wood? I'm curious to know as well as I'm happy with the Wren at 189 and like having the extra length in front.
    He also mentioned that they have more taper and less EE than the wrens, so maybe size up? I ride 184 wren 96s and would likely get the 182 woodsman 96s, but a 187 in the fatter versions. Its sounds like it is more of a playful wren than a chargier Kartel, and the shorter length will contribute to more playfulness.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    I just meant it as a size that, from a sales perspective, we didn't need, but added because we wanted to. There are few of you tall guys out there that actually buy full priced skis.

Also re: sizing, it would go the other way (size up on the Woodsman from the Wren).

Regarding why we don't just make everything the same length - it's about fit on the platform for our sizing sets. A 184cm Wren 108 and 184cm Jeffrey 108 would ski very different length wise.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by adrenalated View Post
    They pick sizes based on what will cause the most consternation on TGR. Obviously.
    I actually wish this was true. Let's fuck with these assholes... haha.

Quote Originally Posted by TahoeJ View Post
    I actually wish this was true. Let's fuck with these assholes... haha.
    Seems we do pretty well without trying.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Just bored at work like probably most others on here and day dreaming about new skis next year. I'm just curious about it. Obviously they think it is important enough to keep bouncing around and having different sizes for different models.
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with effective edge, turn radius, and rocker profile being different for different models. They probably just throw some chicken bones on a trashcan lid and try and decipher the meaning.
    Training for Alpental

I'm curious , if when the custom sale happens. Is it possible to get a 179 bg or steeple without asym?

Sent from my SM-G950W using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    I'm sure it has nothing to do with effective edge, turn radius, and rocker profile being different for different models. They probably just throw some chicken bones on a trashcan lid and try and decipher the meaning.
    lol, when I read that post I was like wtf???

Coming next year, the 205cm / 155mm underfoot Chicken Bone...

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    I just meant it as a size that, from a sales perspective, we didn't need, but added because we wanted to. There are few of you tall guys out there that actually buy full priced skis.

Also re: sizing, it would go the other way (size up on the Woodsman from the Wren).

Regarding why we don't just make everything the same length - it's about fit on the platform for our sizing sets. A 184cm Wren 108 and 184cm Jeffrey 108 would ski very different length wise.
    Iggy as a 6'4" - 205 lber I appreciate you taking us into consideration... Still rocking my OG 191 Wrens, 193 SGs and no doubt the 192 Wood will be added... Not once have I regretted going long with your skis... As Powtron has said ON3P builds the best chargy ski out there that is not demanding...

Count me in for a 192 Wood... Not going to lie though my favorite ski to date from you guys is my 189 108 Wrens... What a fun, killer do it all ski...

Sent from my SM-G955U using TGR Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by PhiberAwptik View Post
    HA! Well that was actually the point of my post replying to the comment that I was thinking too hard about it...my point was there was a reason and thought put in to it obviously, not just being done at random. I was just hoping for more insight to the specifics. But iggy pretty much cleared it up. If you would ski a 184 Wren get a 187 Woodsman. Makes sense to maintan stability with a ski with more rocker and less effective edge, but then the point of the Woodsman was to be a more playful Wren, so wasn't sure if upsizing defeated some of the purpose. Thus my entire confusion with the sizing of this model. Damn it's been a long day, I need a beer.

Quote Originally Posted by mtskibum16 View Post
    Damn it's been a long day, I need a beer.
    Good answer!!

custom made for me and other 165 lb hacks.
    wait!!!! waitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwaitwait...Wait!
    Zoolander wasn't a documentary?

ON3P SKIS Discussion

205 is simply not a prime number and 153 waist is easily a better choice.

Iggy, so on the woodsman, I reached out to you on other ethers-mediums. You holding out on me? Need to try that 192 woodsman fatty or mid fat. Is there a way? The search for animal chin and all

Good times at Taos with the Wrens.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0104.jpg 
Views:	126 
Size:	1.05 MB 
ID:	275468  
    Daniel Ortega eats here.

I have a pair of kartel 116s and looking to have a two-ski quiver approach. For the other half I'm considering Moment PB&J, something in that realm. Is Kartel 98(/96?) a good option or is that too park-oriented for the all-mountain half of a quiver?

Quote Originally Posted by goolick View Post
    I have a pair of kartel 116s and looking to have a two-ski quiver approach. For the other half I'm considering Moment PB&J, something in that realm. Is Kartel 98(/96?) a good option or is that too park-oriented for the all-mountain half of a quiver?
    I use the Kartel 96 as my DD and am super happy with it. Strikes a good balance between damp/stout and playful for me.
    I've got a Brahma for icier days since Kartel gets a bit scary on ice at speed, and if you are always railing at 50mph+ there are other more appropriate options. That said Kartel 96 doesn't give up too much and serves great all mountain.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    Taos has been pretty good this year

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by Viva View Post
    nice choice of top sheet good sir - I see we went down the same route. I can report on loving my 179s equally much. #favoriteski

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    nice choice of top sheet good sir - I see we went down the same route. I can report on loving my 179s equally much. #favoriteski
    Have you been on BG's? Wondering how the 114's compare to bg's. Wrens still ok in the trees?

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Have you been on BG's? Wondering how the 114's compare to bg's. Wrens still ok in the trees?

Wrens in general are not as good in the trees as BG’s. They’re fine but you do have to be on top of them. BG’s are more nimble.
    I ski 135 degree chutes switch to the road.

Wrens in general are not as good in the trees as BG’s. They’re fine but you do have to be on top of them. BG’s are more nimble.
    Thanks J, I'm tempted. Didn't want to stray from the design of my steeple 102's too much, I'm sure the asym on the bg helps but I'm a lazy tuner so I'd like to have the option of just swapping which feet my skis are on for a fresh edge. New rocker profile on the wren looks like its gained a bunch of versatility

Quote Originally Posted by grinch View Post
    Thanks J, I'm tempted. Didn't want to stray from the design of my steeple 102's too much, I'm sure the asym on the bg helps but I'm a lazy tuner so I'd like to have the option of just swapping which feet my skis are on for a fresh edge. New rocker profile on the wren looks like its gained a bunch of versatility

Much better skiers than J give the wren a thumbs up in the trees. It’s got allot of rocker.

Quote Originally Posted by CaliBrit View Post
    Much better skiers than J give the wren a thumbs up in the trees. It’s got allot of rocker.
    I'm down with a healthy dose of rocker and splay. My steeples are short but never worry about them torpedoing in any condition. Not stiff but not noodles either. Perfect for touring apart from a little extra heft. I'd welcome a stiffer wider ski with similar rocker and splay on the hill. I do end up in the trees quite often though so good to know. I typically like the high 20 radius skis

good turns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K108 ba.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	297.5 KB 
ID:	275605