Page 541 of 594 FirstFirst ... 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 ... LastLast
Results 13,501 to 13,525 of 14839
    Dynastar MFree 108….

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Thanks,
    I almost demo'd the Mfree 108 instead of the Bents. I thought the Bents were the ski that I wanted, I'm glad I tried them first. If I don't end up buying something soon I will try the Mfree 108 next chance I get.
    I'm self-deprecating and a shitty speller.

Quote Originally Posted by Ima gapper View Post
    I'm looking for some advice from the collective. I love the ON3P brand; small company, made in America, they give a discount to military/veterans, law enforcement, and first responders, and it seems like their quality is on point!.....
    I'm with you completely on supporting small companies. It's a premium price at full retail, but I think the product is really exceptional from the established small companies like ON3P, Moment, and Praxis. I'm sure there are some others that make great stuff too, but those 3 are the ones I immediately think of when it comes to high quality small batch skis.

I will leave the recommendations to people that have time on them, but the Jeff looks more comparable to the Unleashed just from a shape/profile standpoint. The WDs are more directional.

Something also to consider about your experience with the Bent 100s is weight. They are a magnitude lighter than the Unleashed/Jeff/WD, etc... , which will certainly impact performance in chop and crud, and stability at speed. If thats important, I wouldn't go too light personally.

So my question is, Is either the Jeff 110 or the woodsman 110 comparable to the Unleashed 108. Should I just stick with the Unleashed 108 that I know I like or take a chance on either the Jeffery or the Woodsman. This will be for a true one ski quiver.
    Based on Blister's review alone, Unleashed108s sound like slightly less capable woods (in variable, both due to weight and wider shovels) that are better at carving on hard snow (longer effective edge and less taper) at the expense of looseness and abbility to smash through stuff in soft snow.

My 2c: if you want to retain the ability to drive the skis through the shovels, go woods, or if you want something that is looser and more playful to be skied with a centered stance but that are still super fun in variable, go jeff.

The M-Free 182 is a good alternative too if you want something directional and really loose. They will probably not be as turny / prone to drag you into a turn as U108 and will more cut through than float to the top. Their shovels are softer than Woods110s, so they feel like slightly less ski, but are more capable than they feel.

Quote Originally Posted by A Random Skier View Post
    Anyone have use (excluding shotski) for a single 184 Wren 96? From the 2018-19 season. Drilled once for a pivot on the line at a 305mm BSL. I snapped the composite on its other half this season. Great ski, much loved, plenty of life left in it. I'd be happy to give it a second life for the price of shipping.

Replaced with a Woodsman 102
    Adaptive ski programs are usually looking for sturdy skis for sit skiers. If there's an adaptive program in your area, I wouldn't be surprised if they can use it. The sitskis break a lot of skis.

Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Based on Blister's review alone, Unleashed108s sound like slightly less capable woods (in variable, both due to weight and wider shovels) that are better at carving on hard snow (longer effective edge and less taper) at the expense of looseness and abbility to smash through stuff in soft.
    Thanks for all the input. I had read the blister reviews and I was already leaning towards the woods.
    Based on your 2c I’ll probably go ahead and take a chance on them. My only hesitation is that the woods might be too much ski for me, but if that’s the case I’ll just have to become a better skier!

Thanks for all the help

I'm self-deprecating and a shitty speller.

Thanks for all the input. I had read the blister reviews and I was already leaning towards the woods.
    Based on your 2c I’ll probably go ahead and take a chance on them. My only hesitation is that the woods might be too much ski for me, but if that’s the case I’ll just have to become a better skier!

Thanks for all the help

I agree that Woods are the best comparison to Unleashed 108 after owning Woodsmans and Enforcers + talking with BIL who demo'd Unleashed.

If you're concerned about them being too much, I'd recommend the 182 Woodsmans instead of the 187's because the 182s will only measure ~1cm shorter than the 186 Unleashed that you mentioned.

My only hesitation is that the woods might be too much ski for me, but if that’s the case I’ll just have to become a better skier!
    The current wd110 is less ski than the original WD108 - the tails are noticably easier to ski and the front nice and supportive to lean into, especially for directional skiers. Remember, they have long rocker zones and tons of splay, so they are really loose and schmeary at lower edge angles.

I would not worry about them being out of reach - they should be right up you ally

I have been on the Wren 110 Pro this year and have quickly become my favorite ski of all time. I really missed out on getting another pair but I reached out to ON3P and there is a chance they could do one final press this spring. If anyone is interested, show your support here or reach out to ON3P.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20230201-200447.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	446759

Name:	Screenshot_20230201-200415.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	446760

Quote Originally Posted by beeeom View Post

Name:	Screenshot_20230201-200447.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	545.9 KB 
ID:	446759

Name:	Screenshot_20230201-200415.png 
Views:	140 
Size:	430.0 KB 
ID:	446760
    Sent you a PM

snicker - that is funny

Need to stock up on goat memes - I am apparently not doing it right.

Anyone skied the Moment Chipotle Banana vs a Billy Goat or Jeffrey 118?

I'm in need of a new pow ski and torn where to go. I ski pretty neutral and absolutely loved the Deathwish and an older pair of Kartels that I had. I got along okay with Wildcats and Wrenegades but they haven't been my absolute favorite. I really want to try some BG's but I almost feel like my skiing style would be more suited to the J118's? Where do the CB's fall in that spectrum compared to the BG and J's? How are the J118's as a pure pow ski?

Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    How are the J118's as a pure pow ski?

Awesome. They're damp, pivot on a dime, and are fun when you get them in the air. I've skied them on days when there are deep wind-blown spots but sketch scoured icy snow and they were predictable in the bad spots, so not unusable if it's not knee-deep everywhere on the mountain. Their weight and dampness keeps them fun when it gets chopped out too.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Chunter View Post
    Anyone skied the Moment Chipotle Banana vs a Billy Goat or Jeffrey 118?

I'm in need of a new pow ski and torn where to go. I ski pretty neutral and absolutely loved the Deathwish and an older pair of Kartels that I had. I got along okay with Wildcats and Wrenegades but they haven't been my absolute favorite. I really want to try some BG's but I almost feel like my skiing style would be more suited to the J118's? Where do the CB's fall in that spectrum compared to the BG and J's? How are the J118's as a pure pow ski?
    I own both the CB in a 186 and a Jeff 118 in a 191 and ski in a these neutral stance. I have had wildcats mounted at +2 and got along great with them but wanted something looser.

In come the bananas. Mounted at rec and they were what I was looking for except the only direction for them is fall line all the time. I’m sure you have read they like speed or require speed to come to life and to plane up. This is true if you want the tips out of the snow.

This year I made the move to Jeff 118 and it’s beat out just about every other pow ski I’ve been on for my style. I like a neutral stance so I can pop or spin off every nugget. It pivots super easy and doesn’t require fall line all time to keep the tips up. It’s also relatively damp and composed when blasting through condensed chop when making it back to then lift line, almost Similarly to the fat cat in a 190.

When it has snowed this year after my first experience on the Jeff’s i haven’t taken the bananas off the wall.

Last edited by BeHuWe; 02-09-2023 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    This year I made the move to Jeff 118 and it’s beat out just about every other pow ski I’ve been on for my style. I like a neutral stance so I can pop or spin off every nugget. It pivots super easy and doesn’t require fall line all time to keep the tips up. It’s also relatively damp and composed when blasting through condensed chop when making it back to then lift line
    This. If you like a neutral stance and lots of playfulness while still having the ability to go fast through chop, Jeffery series are really really good skis.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

I own both the CB in a 186 and a Jeff 118 in a 191 and ski in a these neutral stance. I have had wildcats mounted at +2 and got along great with them but wanted something looser.

In come the bananas. Mounted at rec and they were what I was looking for except the only direction for them is fall line all the time. I’m sure you have read they like speed or require speed to come to life and to plane up. This is true if you want the tips out of the snow.

This year I made the move to Jeff 118 and it’s beat out just about every other pow ski I’ve been on for my style. I like a neutral stance so I can pop or spin off every nugget. It pivots super easy and doesn’t require fall line all time to keep the tips up. It’s also relatively damp and composed when blasting through condensed chop when making it back to then lift line, almost Similarly to the fat cat in a 190.

When it has snowed this year after my first experience on the Jeff’s i haven’t taken the bananas off the wall.

Fuuuuuuck, as someone who is a huge fan of my 193 Naners, who has also always been eyeballing some 118 Jeff’s, I did not need to read this. Damn you

ETA, I have not had any issues with tip dive on my naners, mounted on the line
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post
    Fuuuuuuck, as someone who is a huge fan of my 193 Naners, who has also always been eyeballing some 118 Jeff’s, I did not need to read this. Damn you

ETA, I have not had any issues with tip dive on my naners, mounted on the line
    I think that my issue is that I’m too heavy for the 186(210 before my clothes) I should have gone 193. Probably gonna snag a 193 and ditch the 186 when they go live on a pre order.

But the jeff 118 is a damn fine pow weapon, so much so I just pulled the trigger on a tour layup 118

Adding to the Jeffrey 118 Tour stoke - this setup has been a ludicrous amount of fun.

Name:	Image1676066587.393448.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	181.2 KB 
ID:	447095

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by RudyGarmisch View Post
    Adding to the Jeffrey 118 Tour stoke - this setup has been a ludicrous amount of fun.
    What bindings did mount with? I’m thinking voyagers for mine

Last edited by BeHuWe; 02-10-2023 at 06:19 PM.

What bindings did mount with? I’m thinking voyagers for mine

Voyagers on mine, using a Hawx XTD boot - feels very solid.

I think that my issue is that I’m too heavy for the 186(210 before my clothes) I should have gone 193. Probably gonna snag a 193 and ditch the 186 when they go live on a pre order.

But the jeff 118 is a damn fine pow weapon, so much so I just pulled the trigger on a tour layup 118

220 naked. I ride 186 J118's, and 110's.
    Training for Alpental

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    220 naked. I ride 186 J118's, and 110's.
    J118 i have 191 and J110 in a 186 I can and have downsized for the tour 118 to a 186. I think the Jeff’s are a relatively forgiving ski if you get unbalanced or bucked off a feature.

I’m probably just a shit skier, but I think the bananas at rec aren’t that forgiving when it comes to stance and staying above the snow like the Jeff’s are. My hypothesis is that if I had a longer platform small undulations or variations in my stance due to terrain wouldn’t make the tips dive if I’m not already cruising.

And I think it’s an ON3P thing that their shapes almost always punch a class above when it comes to floatation.

Drunk WTB post while camping in the RV lot and having just closed down the bonfire ... Anyone holding 177 WD110s and thinking about upsizing or changing things up, keep me in mind and hit me up via PM!

I'll be there."
    ... Andy Campbell

Quote Originally Posted by rileymeister View Post
    I have been on the Wren 110 Pro this year and have quickly become my favorite ski of all time. I really missed out on getting another pair but I reached out to ON3P and there is a chance they could do one final press this spring. If anyone is interested, show your support here or reach out to ON3P.
    I’m onboard with this… hell of a fun charger and can’t beat their build quality. Sign me up. Anyone else out there?