Page 276 of 598 FirstFirst ... 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 ... LastLast
Results 6,876 to 6,900 of 14947
    Brought back the co-lab camo top sheet! With bases too! Love it... I had those Jeffrey 110's back in the day.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020_WoodEagle.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	282672
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post

Name:	2020_WoodEagle.jpg 
Views:	180 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	282672
    That is the best looking ski you've made, imho. Bravo.

Actually, I think that's the best looking ski I've ever seen.

The only other contender is the wood veneer wolf that they released this year. I would not normally spend extra money for ascetics... but dang.

Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    That is the best looking ski you've made, imho. Bravo.

Actually, I think that's the best looking ski I've ever seen.

Woodsman 96 vs Wrenegade 96Ti vs a Liberty Origin 96. Contrast and compare please.
    OH, MY GAWD! ―John Hillerman  Big Billie Eilish fan.
    But that's a quibble to what PG posted (at first, anyway, I haven't read his latest book) ―jono
    we are not arguing about ski boots or fashionable clothing or spageheti O's which mean nothing in the grand scheme ― XXX-er

Subscribed for the compare and contrast but instead of liberty id like to hear about the wren 96 prior yr.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Custom Ski Sale now live. Discount code = "Custom20".

Quote Originally Posted by Tailwind View Post
    The only other contender is the wood veneer wolf that they released this year. I would not normally spend extra money for ascetics... but dang.

Name:	2020_CustomSkiSale_Instagram-02.jpg 
Views:	168 
Size:	1.91 MB 
ID:	282704

Hard to pick a favorite between the two. Black Eagle w/ white sidewalls might be my favorite of the new round.

Quote Originally Posted by puregravity View Post
    Woodsman 96 vs Wrenegade 96Ti vs a Liberty Origin 96. Contrast and compare please.
    Liberty Origin has an orange-y red mountain scene that evokes the wilderness while suggesting controlled speed. The custom font L shows a subtle attention to detail characteristic of the late modern period.

Both ON3P skis, by contrast, are grey. The grey subtly evokes a loaded gun when paired with the Eagle, a noted symbol of American and Roman imperialism, on the Wren 96 Ti. The Woodsmen by contrast has a fox on one ski and a gazelle (I think) on the other which has hints of a kind of lost innocence.

Seriously though, I know the Wren Ti and Woodsman have been at a few demos but I doubt anyone outside of ON3P knows much about the Wren and Woodsman (though quite a few posts in this thread have already touched on the probable distinction) and I suspect everyone at ON3P doesn't ski regularly on Liberty Origins.

Ahh definitely jumping on this custom sale and grabbing a Woodsman 108. Now just need to decide aesthetics (leaning toward black eagle/white sides).

Maybe a dumb question, but any pic of what the white sidewalls look like IRL? How much does it pop? Currently have an all black custom w/ green sidewalls.

Scott do you hace a picture of the clear sidewall? I know you said Icelantic uses it, just wondering if you have one from the factory.

Sorry to double post, but another question regarding sizing. I'm also 5'6 150, consider myself relatively advanced, and mostly ski Tahoe with the occasional trip to Whistler or Utah. Currently have the 108 Wrens in 179 (19oz fiberglass) and 96 Kartels in 176 (stock).

(Got the Kartels 2nd as a 50/50 park/spring ski as I've recently been getting more into park and generally a more playful skiing style. I really love how the Wrens can charge through anything but at times—eg trees, spinning off features, at the end of a day—they can feel like a lot of ski for me.)

So I'm trying to decide if I should get the Woodsman in 177 stock or in 182 with the softer fiberglass. The Kartels in 176 feel perfect in spring conditions, but I've def hit the speed limit outside the park before. Would be using Woodsman as a daily driver.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by noturnsnecessary; 05-21-2019 at 02:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noturnsnecessary View Post
    Ahh definitely jumping on this custom sale and grabbing a Woodsman 108. Now just need to decide aesthetics (leaning toward black eagle/white sides).

Maybe a dumb question, but any pic of what the white sidewalls look like IRL? How much does it pop? Currently have an all black custom w/ green sidewalls.
    They pop a good bit. I really like the white SW on Black. It doesn't have the glow of the green, but you notice it and how it frames for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    Scott do you hace a picture of the clear sidewall? I know you said Icelantic uses it, just wondering if you have one from the factory.
    It sort of looks like a clear-ish blue. Personally, I think it only works well on certain tops (darker tops, blue, etc). I will see if I can track down a photo of it.

Clear = Natural? I was thinking natural = wood/bamboo. My off?
    Uno mas

Quote Originally Posted by Doremite View Post
    Clear = Natural? I was thinking natural = wood/bamboo. My off?
    Natural = unpigmented plastic. We called it clear last year, but it really isn't clear (as I said, sort of cloudy). Natural is what Crown labels it.

You’ve shattered my vision of orange topsheet w bamboo sidewalls but I will regroup.
    Uno mas

as someone who has never been on the C&D, why choose it over the Billy? I live Missoula and we get more PNW conditions than champagne

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    as someone who has never been on the C&D, why choose it over the Billy? I live Missoula and we get more PNW conditions than champagne
    There was one other Mag from Oregon (**edit found him @MSHP1497) who posted on here several months ago about that question. He made it seem like he was grabbing the C&D wayyy more than his goats. Having used the Goats this year as a DD I am excited to grab some C&D's this summer. Dare I say custom!!

Found em

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    I certainly don’t feel that my C&D’s charge any less hard than my BG’s... don’t over think it. I haven’t found anything yet that my C&D’s cannot do as well as my BG’s. But I also haven’t tried the C&D’s in heavy, wet, day-after mank or cut-up super-skied-out chop either; which is where the BG is really stupid fun. They charge hard. I pushed mine hard on Monday in 2” over crust and they were surprisingly great, even on the groomers where they felt only slightly different than my BG’s in how my patellar tendons were sore due to the width on a groomer (= not ideal). Keep them in soft snow and/or fresh days and I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by MHSP1497 View Post
    - different skis, other than maybe weight being somewhat similar/maybe/prolly not

- CD has the same straight sections of edge underfoot that the current BG has, so is very similar in hardpack to my 16/17 BG’s.

- CD better in float, low-angle, more stable/stompy, handles cut up the same as my 16/17 BG

- CD wildly nimble and easy to throw around in tight places/trees

Not sure it’s a fair or real close comparison, as the hardpack manners of the later BG’s (which was usually the cited downside to a BG in the earlier vintages) have directly translated to the new CD.

Quote Originally Posted by margotron View Post
    You might want to ping Suprechicken, as well. He skis current BG’s and C&D’s.

I only have one late season powder day on my C&D’s so far. A fatter goat with a more float and a little less charge. So fun!!
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Natural = unpigmented plastic. We called it clear last year, but it really isn't clear (as I said, sort of cloudy). Natural is what Crown labels it.

Name:	IMG_20190516_181415760.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	282821
    Look like these?
    Scott, have you ever considered offering black bases?

Better cloudy than whatever the clear sidewalls were in the 1st(?) gen katanas

Quote Originally Posted by abraham View Post
    Better cloudy than whatever the clear sidewalls were in the 1st(?) gen katanas
    Urethane

Quote Originally Posted by tuco View Post

Name:	IMG_20190516_181415760.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	888.8 KB 
ID:	282821
    Scott, have you ever considered offering black bases?
    Yep - that is it.

As for black base, not too seriously. We would have to bring on around 500 pairs worth to do so, the green is the easiest/most successful marketing we've ever had (so black would only be used on custom), and we have no concerns on the clear 4001 material. Maybe someday if we get our custom volume up.

Yep - that is it.

As for black base, not too seriously. We would have to bring on around 500 pairs worth to do so, the green is the easiest/most successful marketing we've ever had (so black would only be used on custom), and we have no concerns on the clear 4001 material. Maybe someday if we get our custom volume up.
    I have spotted so many ON3P skiers on the hill, I film clips with the green bases. As nice as all the other graphics and custom graphics are, wood top sheets get the most attention. The American flag standout when out of the country, but the stoke is never as high compared to wood.

- I am here for the stoke

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Springskiin View Post
    I have spotted so many ON3P skiers on the hill, I film clips with the green bases. As nice as all the other graphics and custom graphics are, wood top sheets get the most attention. The American flag standout when out of the country, but the stoke is never as high compared to wood.

- I am here for the stoke
    Are you trying to force me to spend $350 for the wood veneer tops with eagles? Because mission almost successful...