Page 444 of 460 FirstFirst ... 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 ... LastLast
Results 11,076 to 11,100 of 11492
  1. #11076
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,115
    There is an image.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  2. #11077
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Location
    Renton, WA
    Posts
    154
    Looks like a melted Backcountry goat

  3. #11078
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Bellevue
    Posts
    6,533
    A goat butt?

  4. #11079
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    There is an image.
    Do I need to ingest hallucinogens to see it?

  5. #11080
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    3,115
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Do I need to ingest hallucinogens to see it?
    Only one way to find out.
    Seriously, this canít turn into yet another ON3P thread....

  6. #11081
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,119
    Some pics of the fresh new 187's with my ol' trusty 186 bg's. I'm amazed how similar they are side by side. One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_160512.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	380777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155940.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	380778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155801.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	380779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155748.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	380780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155730.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	380781

  7. #11082
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155940.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	380778
    Is it weird that I find Grizzlycorns and hand-bra chick equally sexy?

  8. #11083
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    35
    Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    There is an image.
    Now that I'm looking at both skis together, and looking at just a piece of the repeating pattern, I think i "might" see "something"? Am I getting warmer or colder?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 5.54.15 PM.png
Views: 443
Size:  347.3 KB

  9. #11084
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,796
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    Some pics of the fresh new 187's with my ol' trusty 186 bg's. I'm amazed how similar they are side by side. One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_160512.jpeg 
Views:	113 
Size:	97.9 KB 
ID:	380777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155940.jpeg 
Views:	121 
Size:	97.0 KB 
ID:	380778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155801.jpeg 
Views:	106 
Size:	73.4 KB 
ID:	380779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155748.jpeg 
Views:	100 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	380780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210728_155730.jpeg 
Views:	96 
Size:	68.5 KB 
ID:	380781
    Thanks for the comparison pics.

    I kinda want to give you crap for having Markers on those beautiful Grizzlycorns.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  10. #11085
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Imaginationland
    Posts
    4,119
    Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    Thanks for the comparison pics.

    I kinda want to give you crap for having Markers on those beautiful Grizzlycorns.
    They weren't my first choice, but when I bought them from Calibrit, they were already drilled for marker demo binders, which conveniently lined up jesters perfectly for 305 on the line.

  11. #11086
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Now that I'm looking at both skis together, and looking at just a piece of the repeating pattern, I think i "might" see "something"? Am I getting warmer or colder?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 5.54.15 PM.png
Views: 443
Size:  347.3 KB
    tryin too hard, maybe?

    i see critter faces

    grizzlycorn still makes me puke, bah
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  12. #11087
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Lapping the pow with the GSA in the PNW
    Posts
    3,796
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    They weren't my first choice, but when I bought them from Calibrit, they were already drilled for marker demo binders, which conveniently lined up jesters perfectly for 305 on the line.
    I figured it was something like that.

    Hate to put another set of holes in those beauties if not needed. Plus, you are now living proof that a TGR skier can use Markers and not die.
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

  13. #11088
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanks NWS for the new rockeríy 🤙🏼

  14. #11089
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,026
    Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?

  15. #11090
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    inpdx
    Posts
    15,615
    Quote Originally Posted by Norseman View Post
    i see critter faces
    I see human faces

  16. #11091
    Join Date
    Jun 2021
    Posts
    161
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?
    Order them and find out

  17. #11092
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    2,231
    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?
    Yes, for sure. Thatís what NW_Skier just received

  18. #11093
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by ::: ::: View Post
    I see human faces
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	midnight.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	380942


    ??
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  19. #11094
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,245
    Quote Originally Posted by NW_SKIER View Post
    One can definitely see the flatter tail in the new release though.
    man, these pictures makes me all kinds of excited - the new tail rocker looks awesome.

    Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    Looking at the Billy Goat page and it shows 4 graphics. Does that mean those are options available at no up charge?
    The BG is offered with 4 ready to ship graphics in the 187 length.

    If you want a different graphic, but a bone stock ski (stock layup, sidewalls, base and layup) then ordering a pair of BGs through the custom builder is a meadly 2ousd upcharge with the ON3P graphic of choice (usually the last few years stock option and the more popular historical ones being on offer, more than what is in the builder - just ask if they offer the one(s) you want and they will let you know it is offered) if you use the code CUSTOM22 during checkout.

    If you want to change more stuff the upcharge will be larger - just go through the custom builder to get a feel for how much.

  20. #11095
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLSKIFAST View Post
    Now that I'm looking at both skis together, and looking at just a piece of the repeating pattern, I think i "might" see "something"? Am I getting warmer or colder?

    Name:  Screen Shot 2021-07-28 at 5.54.15 PM.png
Views: 443
Size:  347.3 KB
    I see Goathulhu

  21. #11096
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,675

    ON3P SKIS Discussion

    Wordó the new tail rocker pics are invitingÖ being as I have been so critical. But I will add that I think the profile line could be smoother.

    I havenít skied it.

    But abrupt lines turn me off ever since the Pontoon. The whole industry applauded that ski in support of Shaneís vision but that ski sucked once you hit 30 mph.

    This is why all previous generations of the BG have turned me off. I donít need abrupt rocker up front or in the rear. This is a step in the right direction, for sure. On paper. But I do honestly admit that I wish the transition from camber to rocker had a longer transition that would be difficult to feel.

    Iím feeling paper. Yes, I have to try it. But am I the only one who sees abrupt transitions in profile pics?

    Nothing I like has abrupt transitions. Everything I like is super mellow in transition. Contact points (from base to base) are hard to identify in skis that I like.

    Iím gonna hold off. Iím stoked the tail rocker is subdued in 2022, but the transition still looks sharp, feelable. And if I can feel it, why even have the last 7cm on the ski?

    I donít know how else to say it. The tail rocker looks abrupt, then long and flat. The last 7cm look useless.

    The Ren proved to me that huge tail rocker is not necessary for a releasable tail.

    I want the Ren + BGís baby.
    RES. Subtle camber. Stiff, reverse camber tail.

    Ski the 2022 and tell me Iím wrong. Iím listening.

    Dilemmaó I want more suspension. I do not want less tail.

    Adding suspension = adding camber.
    Adding camber = losing pivot ability.
    RES is aimed at adding pivot ability.
    But more tail rocker = less power.

    So while I think it probably turns on a dime, I donít yet have confidence that it can stop on a dime. And the key to going fast in a forest is the ability to stop.

  22. #11097
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    A little to the left
    Posts
    1,993
    If nothing else, thatís a TGR record for use of the word ďabruptĒ in a single post.

  23. #11098
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    6,298
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Wordó the new tail rocker pics are invitingÖ being as I have been so critical. But I will add that I think the profile line could be smoother.

    I havenít skied it.

    But abrupt lines turn me off ever since the Pontoon. The whole industry applauded that ski in support of Shaneís vision but that ski sucked once you hit 30 mph.

    This is why all previous generations of the BG have turned me off. I donít need abrupt rocker up front or in the rear. This is a step in the right direction, for sure. On paper. But I do honestly admit that I wish the transition from camber to rocker had a longer transition that would be difficult to feel.

    Iím feeling paper. Yes, I have to try it. But am I the only one who sees abrupt transitions in profile pics?

    Nothing I like has abrupt transitions. Everything I like is super mellow in transition. Contact points (from base to base) are hard to identify in skis that I like.

    Iím gonna hold off. Iím stoked the tail rocker is subdued in 2022, but the transition still looks sharp, feelable. And if I can feel it, why even have the last 7cm on the ski?

    I donít know how else to say it. The tail rocker looks abrupt, then long and flat. The last 7cm look useless.

    The Ren proved to me that huge tail rocker is not necessary for a releasable tail.

    I want the Ren + BGís baby.
    RES. Subtle camber. Stiff, reverse camber tail.

    Ski the 2022 and tell me Iím wrong. Iím listening.

    Dilemmaó I want more suspension. I do not want less tail.

    Adding suspension = adding camber.
    Adding camber = losing pivot ability.
    RES is aimed at adding pivot ability.
    But more tail rocker = less power.

    So while I think it probably turns on a dime, I donít yet have confidence that it can stop on a dime. And the key to going fast in a forest is the ability to stop.
    Just fuckn buy them so you can know. Ski them for a week, then decide. Sell them if they're not your jam. No they are not the same as your ten year old Rens and never will be.
    life ain't guaranteed, love your people while you can

  24. #11099
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Anyone care to throw in a quick comparison between a ~2014ish Renegade and a BG?

    I love my Ren in JP but am contemplating a new 50/50 ski with cast. Am considering a Hoji but the BG is super intriguing. 110 or 118? Would the 110 actually be any less loose in variable bc snow?


    Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    All I can say is I wish Iíd sold my rens on day one and just bought the BG because itís 1000x better in every single way


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  25. #11100
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,245
    gaijin, worry not - the rocker lines are very gradual in person - especially out front which is pretty damned similar to Renegades - and the BG's ability to shred variable is down to the golden triangle of weight, damp construction and relatively straight shape. Remember, those 187s are as long as most other brands 190 skis.

    Below you'll find a comparison between the current Renegade depicted at 4FRNT.com (blue) and the new BG (grey), depicted on ON3Pskis.com, unsure what lenght in both. The red lines are where 4FRNT mark the starting point of the tail/nose rocker zones, and they are pretty damned similar to the BG's contact points. BGs have less splay out front - if still ample - and the difference out back is not very large. So I would not sweat it, especially as the BG more than likely is stiffer than said Rens.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Skjermbilde 2021-07-29 kl. 15.53.24.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	886.9 KB 
ID:	380960

    I do not think I fucked up the scaling when making this, but feel free to experiment to double check. PP ftw.

    And yes, they stop plenty fast enough. That is what happens when you combine a big surface area with a substantial / stiff flex pattern in a ski that pivots effortlessly - controling speed is damned easy. It is why they are so intutive and cofidence inspiring to ski in in more demanding terrain - you know you can cope with whatever come your way.

    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    But abrupt lines turn me off ever since the Pontoon. The whole industry applauded that ski in support of Shane’s vision but that ski sucked once you hit 30 mph.
    Also, Poon2oons are somewhat noodles up front compared to BGs, so they will not behave the same at speed. Like, both will be loose in soft snow, but BGs will absolutely outperform Pon2oons by miles in a back to back comparison in variable - like, there should be no comparison. I know that you were not making the comparison, but extrapolating your experience from Pon2oons to being indicative of how BGs will ski based on a rocker line will do you no favors in this case. (yes, the more appropriate comparison will be C+D, but still, their stiffer back ski should give them the edge at speed in variable on said K2s as well)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	K2-Pontoon-crop450.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	62.0 KB 
ID:	381009Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ON3P-Billygoat-crop450.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	52.1 KB 
ID:	381010
    Yeah, I know this is the third(?) time I've posted this photo recently, but try to translate how that shape and relative stiffness will translate to deep snow performance, especially in drier snow. It seems like an ok match to me, though I've never skied Japow. Besides, 33 degrees ain't abrupt out front, nor is 27 out back (if slacker than some the stiffer flex makes up for it).
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 07-29-2021 at 03:32 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •