Page 522 of 599 FirstFirst ... 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 ... LastLast
Results 13,026 to 13,050 of 14969
    Quote Originally Posted by PNW-skier78 View Post
    I own both they are pretty different skis.

The billygoat is way looser and is much better in deeper snow. It is the best ski I have ever owned for PNW tree skiing. It is pretty stable in 3D snow but my favorite 2 inches of dust on crust. Note the billygoat I own is asym which is one generation prior to the current.

I feel like the bodacious is more of a wide all mountain ski that handles fresh snow pretty well than a true powder ski. Billygoat doesn’t handle wind scraped ridges as well as the bodacious but the bodacious does float or turn as easily wo some speed and pitch.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums
    Feel the same way here, the Billygoat is simply amazing in tight PNW trees (off Molly’s at T-Line for example). It floats, pivots, cuts, blasts, crushes and bulldozes any snow condition. I like the shape so much in fact, that I now ski my Cease & Desists (same design, just wider, also asym) as a DD anytime there is any new snow at all. I sold my ‘goats because I simply didn’t ride them as I was always on the C&D in that use-case. For touring, I ride ‘goats because of all that’s been said. Now, I ride the 108’s and really, really like them in PNW backcountry. They ski exactly like I expect and punch above their class in pow.

You really can’t go wrong with Billygoats in the PNW, it’s like they were designed for the snow here, tested here or something.

Quote Originally Posted by phatty View Post
    I'd definitely like to try the 187. I'm getting my 192s tuned to make sure that isn't the issue and plan to give them more time. The 191 was a revelation for me just like the Protest for you . I'm still keeping my eyes open for any 191s that come up for sale and would still love to see a custom run. I'm sure there's at least 50 mags who'd be down for that.
    Probably and that would be cool as well!
    The protest wasn’t really a revelation as the Spatula was. Protest took that shape and made it more friendly lift served, exactly what I always wanted the Spats to be for that use.
    So many good skis today it’s unreal!

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Digging the 187s very much as noted above. It’s great that people are happy with many variants. News flash: #goatsaregood
    Whoa, hey man! You coming to the INW Meat up?

Quote Originally Posted by PowTron View Post
    Logged in for the first time in what feels like years and just want to quote this for truth.

You should mount @ +1.5

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    I’ve got 187 110 woods for sale in GS if you’re interested…

I saw those. I really think I want narrower. Just not sure I need another 110ish width ski. But you keep dropping the damn price and even though they aren’t my favorite topsheet eventually my resistance is going to break down.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    even though they aren’t my favorite topsheet eventually my resistance is going to break down.
    What??? The 110 graphic is rad, so vibrant in person and imo looks awesome with Raw Pivots. Even though I have mine for sale, I’ve had multiple days on them this season and rethinking my decision to sell, really enjoying these stomp machines. Only selling because I got a replacement ski (the new K2 108) but now I’m going to get those mounted up too and see which ski I prefer…and feeling I’m going to keep the Woodsman as I really like the damp but more poppy feel of ON3P. Billygoats are still my favourite ski ever.

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    What??? The 110 graphic is rad, so vibrant in person and imo looks awesome with Raw Pivots. Even though I have mine for sale, I’ve had multiple days on them this season and rethinking my decision to sell, really enjoying these stomp machines. Only selling because I got a replacement ski (the new K2 108) but now I’m going to get those mounted up too and see which ski I prefer…and feeling I’m going to keep the Woodsman as I really like the damp but more poppy feel of ON3P. Billygoats are still my favourite ski ever.
    Agree the custom woodsman top sheets from last season are pretty good looking in person. I’ve got the exact same setup with the raw pivots.

curious how the WD110 vs MB108 feels! I have the old MB99 and wonder if the WD102 might be a good compliment to it given the ON3Ps more playful feeling you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by EWG View Post
    I saw those. I really think I want narrower. Just not sure I need another 110ish width ski. But you keep dropping the damn price and even though they aren’t my favorite topsheet eventually my resistance is going to break down.
    Yeah, someone will eventually break! At 300 plus ship it’s a pretty solid price. I bought the same ski in the stiff tour version and it’s sees all the use and these have kind of taken a back seat.

I'd definitely like to try the 187. I'm getting my 192s tuned to make sure that isn't the issue and plan to give them more time. The 191 was a revelation for me just like the Protest for you . I'm still keeping my eyes open for any 191s that come up for sale and would still love to see a custom run. I'm sure there's at least 50 mags who'd be down for that.
    But you’re really too big for the 187’s. The 192 is your size. So, if the 192 doesn’t work for you, I guess you’re the problem?

I’m confused…
    In constant pursuit of the perfect slarve...

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post
    But you’re really too big for the 187’s. The 192 is your size. So, if the 192 doesn’t work for you, I guess you’re the problem?

I’m confused…
    Rode a pair of 187s last year and that ski is dialed. It made me want to pick up a pair of 192s but after talking to a Billy Goat fanboy who absolutely shreds and who has a pair of 192s, I had second thoughts about purchasing a pair. He said the 192s are unbalanced and not quite the ski that the old 191s or current 187s are. As I already have a pair of SuperGoats, I decided to wait until the wrinkles get ironed out on the 192s.

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by BeHuWe View Post
    Yeah, someone will eventually break! At 300 plus ship it’s a pretty solid price. I bought the same ski in the stiff tour version and it’s sees all the use and these have kind of taken a back seat.

300?!? Damn.

Need 102s. Need 102s. Need 102s…

Quote Originally Posted by Bandit Man View Post

I’m confused…
    So you’re saying his user name checks out?

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    So you’re saying his user name checks out?

Whoa, hey man! You coming to the INW Meat up?

Yo Bro!! The meet up sounds like a blast and I’ll see what I can do.

The new 192 BG is not it. You can feel when skiing it that the 187 would work which I posted on last year.

I’m sure that’s why everyone is a fan of the 187, but I’ve yet to see a positive 192 review.

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Yo Bro!! The meet up sounds like a blast and I’ll see what I can do.
    Sweet! Would love to see/ski ya again!

Quote Originally Posted by mr_pretzel View Post
    The new 192 BG is not it. You can feel when skiing it that the 187 would work which I posted on last year.

I’m sure that’s why everyone is a fan of the 187, but I’ve yet to see a positive 192 review.
    Iggy noted this when I was asking him about length. …some of the 189 guys go 192 and get owned. He noted the current BG118 is a bit more ski than the previous 116.

Quote Originally Posted by Marko888 View Post
    Iggy noted this when I was asking him about length. …some of the 189 guys go 192 and get owned. He noted the current BG118 is a bit more ski than the previous 116.
    It is more ski than the old 116, doesn’t mean it’s any good. I have plenty of burlier skis.

The comparison I find relevant is the 192 vs SG. If the 192 was designed to be more of a ski than the 189 then I look to the benchmark the SG set. Those who have skied the SG vs the 192 say it missed the mark.

Thupergoat stokkkkeeee from this weekend!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0533.JPG 
Views:	105 
Size:	182.2 KB 
ID:	436661

Nobody got “owned” on them. Dudes here are skiing waaay burlier skis than it, mah self included. Notice the super goat stoke above. The mount point is whack as has been stated several times

Jeffs

Got to get on my fat Jeffeys (new 118s) last Thursday in some fresh and then lots of chopped out runs. So damp and powerful, you can just steer them through soft bumps and cut up snow with 0 care. I stayed upright going through stuff I had no business straight-lining. They feel balanced in the air and plush when landing. They tired me out in thinner snow with big bumps, but that probably had more to do with my skiing ability than the skis themselves.

I hopped on some Jeffreys on the 102 waist-width in shallower conditions yesterday and they are very similar in terms of "feel" to the wider pair. I found some fresh and they float really well for a waist-width of 102 and are also fairly good at busting through choppy snow. They don't blow through everything like the fatter pair, but are very maneuverable in bumps.

The Jeffreys definitely prefer to be skied from the balls of your feet without a lot of pressure on the shins of your boots. I know that may sound weird but I didn't feel disadvantaged by the center stance since both pairs felt so stable. The stability and center stance keeps you comfortable and prepared to get a good pop off of all the natural features that come your way, pretty neat.

AMAZING skis. Stoked to be on them for the rest of the season. Thanks Scott & crew!
    Last edited by MoeSnow; 12-04-2022 at 05:58 PM.

Nobody got “owned” on them. Dudes here are skiing waaay burlier skis than it, mah self included. Notice the super goat stoke above. The mount point is whack as has been stated several times

Yeah, I didn't get owned by the ski. It's not a difficult ski, it just doesn't ski how I want in the conditions I want to ski it. It could be mount point (seems to be the consensus), tune (been a serious issue for ON3P) or overall design.

It's interesting that it seems to only be on the 192 length. It's not awesome to spend the money on a custom ski to be the guinea pig on the new design (yes, I'm sure they testing), but it is what it is. I'm still hoping to make it work before it either gets sold or relegated to continental powder ski.

Iggy noted this when I was asking him about length. "…some of the 189 guys go 192 and get owned. He noted the current BG118 is a bit more ski than the previous 116."
    LOL, ok

Quote Originally Posted by MoeSnow View Post
    Got to get on my fat Jeffeys (new 118s) last Thursday in some fresh and then lots of chopped out runs. So damp and powerful, you can just steer them through soft bumps and cut up snow with 0 care. I stayed upright going through stuff I had no business straight-lining. They feel balanced in the air and plush when landing. They tired me out in thinner snow with big bumps, but that probably had more to do with my skiing ability than the skis themselves.

I hopped on some Jeffreys on the 102 waist-width in shallower conditions yesterday and they are very similar in terms of "feel" to the wider pair. I found some fresh and they float really well for a waist-width of 102 and are also fairly good at busting through choppy snow. They don't blow through everything like the fatter pair, but are very maneuverable in bumps.

The Jeffreys definitely prefer to be skied from the balls of your feet without a lot of pressure on the shins of your boots. I know that may sound weird but I didn't feel disadvantaged by the center stance since both pairs felt so stable. The stability and center stance keeps you comfortable and prepared to get a good pop off of all the natural features that come your way, pretty neat.

AMAZING skis. Stoked to be on them for the rest of the season. Thanks Scott & crew!
    Thanks for the feedback on the Jeff 118. That's one I've had my eye on, too.

Thanks for the feedback on the Jeff 118. That's one I've had my eye on, too.
    They're stupid fun! I hope my first impressions are helpful.

When I get 10+ days on each pair I'll probably post again with a bit more coherence and nuance