Page 466 of 594 FirstFirst ... 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 ... LastLast
Results 11,626 to 11,650 of 14839
    those look amazing, Luke!

Why aren’t there any ON3P in the new blister buyers guide?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 123ski View Post
    Why aren’t there any ON3P in the new blister buyers guide?

The skis they have been on are just years out of date now (and our problem as of late is building enough skis, not selling enough skis, so just haven't sent any down lately). They will get on some more current skis soon.
    Seriously, this can’t turn into yet another ON3P thread....

ON3P SKIS Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by 2FUNKY View Post
    Those look sweet mang! I bet that’s a fun ride.
    I’m feeling like they’ll do me right. Look forward to meeting up and rippin your turf with the crew!

Quote Originally Posted by SeatownSlackey View Post
    Purple sidewalls!!!
    Don’t forget yer SunIce fart bag when rocking those
    Purple now in stock! I’m trying to find a Roffe jacket and my old fluorescent pink Alpy hat lol

Quote Originally Posted by robnow View Post
    Huge urge to search for this bike right now

Quote Originally Posted by SkiLyft View Post
    Those are so sick!!
    Thanks bro! Take em for a spin sometime

Quote Originally Posted by N1CK. View Post
    those look amazing, Luke!
    Have a good season!

thanks for filling us in. I own 3 pairs of your skis, and it started with JE’s recommendation for a WD108!

Quote Originally Posted by iggyskier View Post
    The skis they have been on are just years out of date now (and our problem as of late is building enough skis, not selling enough skis, so just haven't sent any down lately). They will get on some more current skis soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    Thinking of making more bad choices, in the form of a dedicated setup for exclusive use powder touring and cat skiing. Interior BC and Wa. Have goats, just want a lighter version with minimal compromises. Have question:

1) Standard goats vs tour goats. How much softer are they? Hate floppy ski.
    2) For those who went 50/50 layup how much weight did it add?
    3) Between full-fat and 110 goats. Worried about being under-gunned. Concerns founded or unfounded?
    Own BG 116 Tours and just got BG 110 50/50’s, and have a lot of days on the Billy Goat platform:

1) softer but not floppy. For me, the weight drop and maneuverability of the tour is worth it, but I’m touring 90% of my days on these.

2) defer to Scott, man behind the math

3) uh why is the C&D not on this list? go C&D for baddest choices and fattest quiver

I think it is a good call on their end to not include skis whose reviewed version is fairly different to the current version. ON3Ps is on example, Dynastar M Free 118 another (they tried the race room French built PR-oto Factory, yet label it as the same ski as the Spanish built Menace Proto / M Free 118 whose layup / torsional stiffness is supposedly very, very different according to Dynastar heads).

Quote Originally Posted by Huskydoc View Post
    1) Standard goats vs tour goats. How much softer are they? Hate floppy ski.
    2) For those who went 50/50 layup how much weight did it add?
    3) Between full-fat and 110 goats. Worried about being under-gunned. Concerns founded or unfounded?
    1) The tour layup skis are softer in the shovels/tails, but still fairly supportive throughout. They are no noodles. I can't say that I have ever experienced them as floppy, not in the least. (based on BG108tours)
    2) From what I gather you can kinda split the difference between tour and stock for the 50/50 wrt weight, though I would err to it being a bit closer to stock.
    3) If shredding deep, untracked or flatter terrain is the objective, then the choice between BG vs CD perhaps makes more sense than BG110vs118. Sure, the 110 is arguably a more versatile touring ski and is somewhat better for me when doing steep ascending, but who cares about that if you are sat in a cat?

As for tour vs 50/50 - here's how I think about it
    1) want to retain the same type of stiffness and durability (wrt to base thickness, not compression damage) as a stock ski, but at a slight weight loss -> 50/50
    2) want to optimize for weight, but still have a supportive ski that can charge -> tour

Snowpack also factors in imho -> denser snowpack, I would lean 50/50 (but then again I prefer stiffer skis in that kind of snow), drier snow -> you can get away with softer shovels to increase float.

I find the regular BG to be plenty nimble, so that dimension doesn't really factor into the decision for me.

I decided to go 50/50 for this season for the aforementioned reasons, after being WD108tours last season. They skied awesomely, but I figured a slightly lighter version of the stock ski that still skied fairly similarly to stock would be the best option for me for the type of snow I see the most.

What would I do in your scenario? I would Castify the regular Goats (for inbounds and cat) and get a pair of BG110tours optimized for touring as a second ski. I would go for 50/50s if the snowpack was denser, tour if drier. I would fit them with a 350gr tech binding, Vipec or Tectons. Either way the 110s would be an awesome setup, so I wouldn't overthink it.

if the idea is to get a ski that is the best option for exclusively riding in deep, BG118tour or CDtour (newest tour layup if that is offered).
    Last edited by kid-kapow; 10-15-2021 at 03:23 AM.

Question - 2017 billy goats. $400 flat, 1 mount. What is the general consensus on the 17’s? Or should I bite the bullet and go brand new.
    Last edited by jaywood; 10-15-2021 at 08:40 AM.

^^ What don’t you like about them? Who cares what the cool kids are doing; it’s about the spot in your quiver that they’re filling and the limits you have found with them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

^^ What don’t you like about them? Who cares what the cool kids are doing; it’s about the spot in your quiver that they’re filling and the limits you have found with them.

Sent from my iPhone using TGR Forums

Quote Originally Posted by CascadeLuke View Post
    Fresh BG shape. 90s vibes. ON3P
    BG110 in 187 - stock layup
    Attachment 389047Attachment 389048
    Well done sir, very well done. Some of the coolest skis I've seen in a while (I'm a huge sucker for 90's colorways)
    Quote Originally Posted by other grskier View Post
    well, in the three years i've been skiing i bet i can ski most anything those 'pro's' i listed can, probably

holy shit Luke, the power is immense in those vice sticks of wonder! The more I look at them the more I like them. Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by jaywood View Post
    Question - 2017 billy goats. $400 flat, 1 mount. What is the general consensus on the 17’s? Or should I bite the bullet and go brand new.

they are great skis with a killer graphic. They are also pre-asym, so arguably closer to the current BG118 than last year's asym BGs. Yes, there have been some changes since 2017 - most notably slight change in layup and this year's wider slightly more setback shape, but nothing drastic. All current BGs should ski fairly similarly.

And yes, the asym BGs are great too.

if the mount works for you (either directly or doesn't interfere with mounting them where you want to), they are in good condition and you want to save a few hundred, then 2017s are great skis.

For reference, my 184 50/50 BG 108 tours added 200 grams over the stock tours.

What did that bring the weight to on yours? 1900g?

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    For reference, my 184 50/50 BG 108 tours added 200 grams over the stock tours.

Quote Originally Posted by peglegg View Post
    What did that bring the weight to on yours? 1900g?
    Those numbers of low by about 150 grams/ski. 184cm BG 108 Tour coming in around 1780/ski.
    Iggy on the average weight of last year's BG 184 tour run.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrgha View Post
    To answer myself: 184 BG 108 Tour 50/50

Attachment 349435

The other ski is 6 grams heavier (nice!)

Attachment 349436

Best looking skis I've ever owned.
    Adrgha's 50/50 shred eagles, and a cat.

thanks for that Kapow

No worries - glad I could help, I remembered that Adrgha posted those pics last year (thanks!), so it was a quick 2 min search&quote.

I stumbled on the Iggy post in the process, so thought I should post it as well

Kid-kapow really is the search king of TGR! And for the record, I cannot recommend the 50/50 build enough. The best of both worlds, truly.

Need some figuring out the iteration of these BGs. I initially thought they were the 191 cm 2011-12 BGs, but after doing more research I’m unsure. The biggest red flag is the identical top sheet and bases as compared to what I’ve found from stock pictures and GS (see pics below).

From my understanding, the 2011-12 191 BG had RES and then RES was brought to all lengths in the 2012-13. When I lay them over each other, I can’t discern any difference in shape - this is not the case with my SGs which I know have RES.

I’m thinking they couldn’t be a pre-2011-12, non-RES BG because they have the 2011-12 right foot(?) top sheet and base on each.

Was I duped and bought two right RES 2011-12 BGs?? Am I overthinking this because it’s snowing around the country right now and I’m about to jump in my car and drive to Salt Lake or Denver to quench my appetite for some turns??

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by nwags41 View Post
    Need some figuring out the iteration of these BGs. I initially thought they were the 191 cm 2011-12 BGs, but after doing more research I’m unsure. The biggest red flag is the identical top sheet and bases as compared to what I’ve found from stock pictures and GS (see pics below).

From my understanding, the 2011-12 191 BG had RES and then RES was brought to all lengths in the 2012-13. When I lay them over each other, I can’t discern any difference in shape - this is not the case with my SGs which I know have RES.

I’m thinking they couldn’t be a pre-2011-12, non-RES BG because they have the 2011-12 right foot(?) top sheet and base on each.

Was I duped and bought two right RES 2011-12 BGs?? Am I overthinking this because it’s snowing around the country right now and I’m about to jump in my car and drive to Salt Lake or Denver to quench my appetite for some turns??

Any and all thoughts appreciated.

See how it looks like there is a kink about the middle of the ski. Those look like early 191's with RES.
    Training for Alpental

[QUOTE=nwags41;6432554]Need some figuring out the iteration of these BGs. I initially thought they were the 191 cm 2011-12 BGs, but after doing more research I’m unsure. The biggest red flag is the identical top sheet and bases as compared to what I’ve found from stock pictures and GS (see pics below).

I could be waaaay off here but it kinda sounds to me like your talking RES v ASYM. Yes your two skis have the same graphic and should not, but they are both the (correct) same ski so it really doesn’t matter. ON3P added the ASYM much later and has since retired it as of this year. Until they added it (2019??), both skis of that gen/shape did have RES and still do, so you’ll be just fine even if they share the same topsheet. SG (until this year) have ASYM and RES. Sorry if I am understanding your question incorrectly
    Fear, Doubt, Disbelief, you have to let it all go. Free your mind!

Was I duped and bought two right RES 2011-12 BGs?? Am I overthinking this because it’s snowing around the country right now and I’m about to jump in my car and drive to Salt Lake or Denver to quench my appetite for some turns?
    Overthinking?

yes.

You more likely than not have a pair of early BG RES skis. They are symmetrical, so the top sheet doesn't matter wrt on snow performance. If anything, these still have the even more pow specific RES (more limited straight zones) so should be a hoot.

So duped? Hardly - I suspect these will be a lot of fun for what you paid for them and should give you instant cred from any ON3P mag you meet on the hill

Quote Originally Posted by Sessiøn View Post
    See how it looks like there is a kink about the middle of the ski. Those look like early 191's with RES.
    Quote Originally Posted by eskido View Post

I could be waaaay off here but it kinda sounds to me like your talking RES v ASYM. Yes your two skis have the same graphic and should not, but they are both the (correct) same ski so it really doesn’t matter. ON3P added the ASYM much later and has since retired it as of this year. Until they added it (2019??), both skis of that gen/shape did have RES and still do, so you’ll be just fine even if they share the same topsheet. SG (until this year) have ASYM and RES. Sorry if I am understanding your question incorrectly
    Quote Originally Posted by kid-kapow View Post
    Overthinking?

yes.

You more likely than not have a pair of early BG RES skis. They are symmetrical, so the top sheet doesn't matter wrt on snow performance. If anything, these still have the even more pow specific RES (more limited straight zones) so should be a hoot.

So duped? Hardly - I suspect these will be a lot of fun for what you paid for them and should give you instant cred from any ON3P mag you meet on the hill
    Appreciate the responses. Clearly the lack of snow locally has me in a spin. I was mixing ASYM and RES.. Crisis averted. I will go back to my closet and patiently wait for November.

Appreciate the responses. Clearly the lack of snow locally has me in a spin. I was mixing ASYM and RES.. Crisis averted. I will go back to my closet and patiently wait for November.
    Ya dude, you're good. Really really sick skis

What’s the serial number on both of those? Topsheet near the mount mark